Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

U2 Innocence & Experience Tour 2015 (Dublin and Belfast gigs confirmed, post #275)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭MML

Seve OB wrote: »
    yea but you can never ever book tickets for different events in one transaction!

Ah, fair enough. To be honest I'm not much of a concert goer, this is all relatively new to me!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭cruhoortwunk

So seating tickets are definitely hard copy then?

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭deeroy12

So seating tickets are definitely hard copy then?

Hard copy/Ticket prints offs for seating and GA are ticketlees

• Registered Users Posts: 42,089 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Got 2 seated tickets for €216, Block K, Row 39. Happy enough, I wasn't going to be paying the higher price so to get 2 tickets for just over 200 quid isn't bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭AoifeBurke

I'm not sure how this works because I've never been able to afford the website subscription, but I've been waiting since I was super young to see U2 live and now they're playing in Ireland and I'm old enough to go BUT I have a college hour I cannot miss when tickets so go sale so it looks like I'll be missing out D: So if anyone has a presale code they can give/transfer to me (if that's even possible and if tickets are still available) I'd be eternally grateful!!!!!!!!!!

• Advertisement

I'm not sure how this works because I've never been able to afford the website subscription, but I've been waiting since I was super young to see U2 live and now they're playing in Ireland and I'm old enough to go BUT I have a college hour I cannot miss when tickets so go sale so it looks like I'll be missing out D: So if anyone has a presale code they can give/transfer to me (if that's even possible and if tickets are still available) I'd be eternally grateful!!!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 38,416 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

i dont think the pre sale allocation is sold out yet??

i went for the tuesday show because it would be the easiest to get because its the second show so its less important.

Saturday night and monday night will sell out very quickly as there the last and first shows. Friday will deff sell out because its a weekend night and tuesday will be quite enough but will prob sell out.

i imagine saturday will have a load of special guests eg sir bob, glen hansard etc

• Registered Users Posts: 6,658 ✭✭✭bren2001

AoifeBurke wrote: »

There's never an hour of college you cannot miss. Especially this early in the year!

bren2001 wrote: »
    There's never an hour of college you cannot miss. Especially this early in the year!

Until this week I would have agreed to be honest, last year I was late a couple of mornings to buy various tickets, and I would miss a day of college to go to the Tuesday show etc. But my entire year of labs is focused on Yale's crowd-sourced antibiotic research and discovery programme, and that hour is our first time bringing in our samples and discussing/learning about the project before we go off and start it ourselves the next day. I'm not the most competent lab technician so I really can't afford to miss what could be potentially essential information on that, you know :( And I won't know until afterwards but ... I don't think I can afford to miss it :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭johnpatrick81

:D God loves a tryer! Ask someone you know to try and pick you up some tickets so!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

I'm not sure how this works because I've never been able to afford the website subscription, but I've been waiting since I was super young to see U2 live and now they're playing in Ireland and I'm old enough to go BUT I have a college hour I cannot miss when tickets so go sale

It always boils my blood that they put these big gigs on sale at 9am on a Monday morning.
    Its probably the worst time in the whole week that you could pick.
    People traveling to work/school and people at work/having meetings .:mad:

:D God loves a tryer! Ask someone you know to try and pick you up some tickets so!

God knows I try :L I'm in Cork though!!! And tickets are only being sold in 3arena in Dublin so I can't see that being an option :/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭johnpatrick81

God knows I try :L I'm in Cork though!!! And tickets are only being sold in 3arena in Dublin so I can't see that being an option :/

Pick you up tickets online is what I meant. Or at least try:pac:

It always boils my blood that they put these big gigs on sale at 9am on a Monday morning.
    Its probably the worst time in the whole week that you could pick.
    People traveling to work/school and people at work/having meetings .:mad:

I completely agree!!! My mom was saying the exact same, because she wants to go as well (she would have seen them a lot when she was younger, but not since I was born) but she has work so it's not feasible for her either :/ They surely KNOW that a LOT of people will have college/work/meetings/be travelling etc like you said at that time, so for such a big gig, why choose that time?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,389 ✭✭✭NachoBusiness

Does anyone have any (even rough) idea how many of each ticket price range will be for sale for each night?

Also, apart from restricted view, how much are the cheapest seats?

Are all standing the same price also?

I'd say a lot of people come 9am Mon will select the cheapest option and cross their fingers but I'd say it would more advisable to try and bag the second or third cheapest as less will be going for these, initially at least.

Otherwise, there's always the option of F5'ing on Toutless for two months I suppose.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,658 ✭✭✭bren2001

Until this week I would have agreed to be honest, last year I was late a couple of mornings to buy various tickets, and I would miss a day of college to go to the Tuesday show etc. But my entire year of labs is focused on Yale's crowd-sourced antibiotic research and discovery programme, and that hour is our first time bringing in our samples and discussing/learning about the project before we go off and start it ourselves the next day. I'm not the most competent lab technician so I really can't afford to miss what could be potentially essential information on that, you know :( And I won't know until afterwards but ... I don't think I can afford to miss it :(

Bring your laptop in with you or, if they are banned, wait outside the room, grab your tix and then go in.

I personally love Monday morning 9 a.m. sales. Just get in a few minutes early and I'm happy out (or head in late).

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭r0chf0rt

For anyones code that isnt working, ring the following number

and they will give you a new code. After I got a new code (around 12) I tried for tickets for the sat night and was offered 2 tickets for €380.

Just tried it there now again and I got 2 standing tickets for the sat night.

I assume they must have some sort of staggered release of the tickets during the day.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 catrat

Anyone got a pre sale code just looking for one ticket for myself

Please pm me

Thank you

• Registered Users Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

I completely agree!!! My mom was saying the exact same, because she wants to go as well (she would have seen them a lot when she was younger, but not since I was born) but she has work so it's not feasible for her either :/ They surely KNOW that a LOT of people will have college/work/meetings/be travelling etc like you said at that time, so for such a big gig, why choose that time?!

I suppose its so that people can buy tickets at the Ticketmaster outlets when they open on a Monday morning.
    However no Ticketmaster outlets are selling tickets this time around.

Not sure why Ticketmaster are putting the Belfast gigs onsale at the same time as Dublin either,their website is rubbish and struggles for small event sales.
    Trying to sell 6 gigs simultaneously is asking for trouble but to be honest Ticketmaster couldnt care less.

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭sbEdge

deeroy12 wrote: »
    As someone who used there codes on other shows and purchased Dublin tickets with the same codes,i just have this feeling there going to be cancelled.I know of bout 20 Hardcore fans who used codes today that were used.Also saw on U2.Com that Irish Subscribers with unused codes couldn't get in

The Q&A on U2.com says the following:
    Q - Who qualifies to enter ‘presales’ for the Belfast and Dublin Shows?
    A
    1) Any U2.com subscriber living in the Republic of Ireland or Northern Ireland who joined prior to the announcement of these Irish shows (11:00pm 8 Sept local time).

2) U2.com subscribers who joined prior to the announcement of these Irish shows (11:00pm 8 Sept IST) AND have not already used their presale code to purchase tickets in presales for other IE Tour shows. (As our Subscribe page explains, anyone who subscribed after the announcement of the Irish shows does not qualify for presale access to the Belfast/Dublin shows.)

They only mention having an unused presale code if you are a non-Irish subscriber. It seems all Irish subscribers got their presale codes reactivated, even if they had used it before. I can't see them being cancelled.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭musicmania

r0chf0rt wrote: »
    After I got a new code (around 12) I tried for tickets for the sat night and was offered 2 tickets for €380.

Just tried it there now again and I got 2 standing tickets for the sat night.

I assume they must have some sort of staggered release of the tickets during the day.

Thank you for this comment! My code was fine but when I couldn't get standing tickets earlier and it was stupid money for the back of the venue I was resigned to not going, but thanks to seeing your comment I too have bagged 2 standing tickets for the Saturday night :)

• Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭cathalj

I had already used my presale code (Berlin) , checked in on this thread and saw about new codes for Irish members and.... Just got two standing for Dublin on the Saturday !!! Thank you Boards !!

• Registered Users Posts: 391 ✭✭starWave

cathalj wrote: »
    I had already used my presale code (Berlin) , checked in on this thread and saw about new codes for Irish members and.... Just got two standing for Dublin on the Saturday !!! Thank you Boards !!

Tried to get standing this morning at 10, but could only get seated. Probably can't even swap them later, because of the ticketless system.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭Wooderson

starWave wrote: »
    Tried to get standing this morning at 10, but could only get seated. Probably can't even swap them later, because of the ticketless system.

Yes, this is a bit of a pain. I ended up going for Tuesday seated as none of the 4 nights had standing tickets available this morning. Ho-hum etc.

Any speculation if they will announce any more nights?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,810 ✭✭✭robo

Wooderson wrote: »
    Yes, this is a bit of a pain. I ended up going for Tuesday seated as none of the 4 nights had standing tickets available this morning. Ho-hum etc.

Any speculation if they will announce any more nights?

Had a look at the 3Arena calendar and it has the following -
    Friday November 20th - Van Morrisson
    Saturday November 21st - Nothing
    Sunday November 22nd - Nothing
    Monday & Tuesday - U2
    Wednesday & Thursday - nothing
    Friday & Saturday - U2
    Sunday November 29th - Simple Minds

So unless they play on the Wednesday or Thursday, then I don't see room for any other gigs. Dunno how long it takes to set up the stage (although taking it down is less than 24 hours), so maybe they will add dates to Saturday or Sunday the 21st & 22nd?

BTW...the gigs in the 3 Arena look like a blast from the 80's - Van the Man, U2 & Simple Minds :D

I also went on at 10am and got offered the seats in the gods for crazy money - went back in an hour later & got standing on Saturday...pays to be patient! But I presume the sale on Monday will have all areas available at the start?

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭kennyu272

I just got two GA tickets for the Friday and Saturday night shows.They were showing unavailable for most of the day but it seems I got luck.Managed to get atuesday night ticket earlier this morning on a friends code.:-)

• Registered Users Posts: 15,992 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

kennyu272 wrote: »
    I just got two GA tickets for the Friday and Saturday night shows.They were showing unavailable for most of the day but it seems I got luck.Managed to get atuesday night ticket earlier this morning on a friends code.:-)

You did well didn't you. I wasn't waiting around to find out earlier but wished I had now. Would have loved standing tickets.

Did you get one each for Fri and sat or 2?

Pick you up tickets online is what I meant. Or at least try:pac:

Unfortunately most of my friends are in college too so that's not an option :L

• Registered Users Posts: 744 ✭✭✭Messi19

Even though I got my 2 tickets for the Friday show, I'm hoping to get another 2 on Monday morning in the general sale but after looking at the faq on u2.com it says a max of 2 tickets per person, card and postal address.

Worried now that if I got 2 on Monday that they'll all be cancelled.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭tritriagain

Didn't realise code was renewed I used mine orig. for Glasgow. All I can get now is 196 euro tickets. I wonder will I be able to use code when rest of world presale starts tomorrow. Any one know.

Advertisement