Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

U2 Innocence & Experience Tour 2015 (Dublin and Belfast gigs confirmed, post #275)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭kennyu272

Seve OB wrote: »
    You did well didn't you. I wasn't waiting around to find out earlier but wished I had now. Would have loved standing tickets.

Did you get one each for Fri and sat or 2?

I bought two for the 24th on my code this morning.Then this evening I was given a code from a friend so I got one each for Friday and saaturday.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

I've just noticed that the hotel rooms I booked earlier in the week for the Friday and Saturday night gigs in Dublin have since trebled in price .:eek:

kennyu272 wrote: »
    I bought two for the 24th on my code this morning.Then this evening I was given a code from a friend so I got one each for Friday and saaturday.

I hope that you used separate credit cards and names for each transaction or they could be cancelled.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,027 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

I've just noticed that the hotel rooms I booked earlier in the week for the Friday and Saturday night gigs in Dublin have since trebled in price .:eek:

There must be something incredibly pleasing and a feeling of lovely smugness (against the hotel) about having your room at the lower cost :)

Good job!

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭ITgirl73

For those that got tickets - do they flag "restricted view tickets" or from what you were able to see are there any points in the venue that could be worth avoiding if I am lucky enough to get through on Monday morning - plus has anyone traveled on late trains for other gigs - I was thinking of availing of late trains to come home that night but wondering if they are "safe" of could there be hassle?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭ITgirl73

For those that got tickets - do they flag "restricted view tickets" or from what you were able to see are there any points in the venue that could be worth avoiding if I am lucky enough to get through on Monday morning - plus has anyone traveled on late trains for other gigs - I was thinking of availing of late trains to come home that night but wondering if they are "safe" of could there be hassle? These would be trains going from Dublin to other parts of the country rather than internal darts

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭veganrun

Does the Ticketmaster website block you from logging in with the same account on more than one machine at the same time?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭tritriagain

Just got 2 standing tickets for sat night. Keep trying . I did for last 6 hours. Can't f##king wait. 2 nights in Glasgow and last night of tour in Dublin. Broke but happy.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,992 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

I hope that you used separate credit cards and names for each transaction or they could be cancelled.

2 tickets per show I'm sure.
    ITgirl73 wrote: »
    For those that got tickets - do they flag "restricted view tickets" or from what you were able to see are there any points in the venue that could be worth avoiding if I am lucky enough to get through on Monday morning - plus has anyone traveled on late trains for other gigs - I was thinking of availing of late trains to come home that night but wondering if they are "safe" of could there be hassle?

nothing on my end about restricted view on my cheap tickets. They are just in the next postcode :)

Just got 2 standing tickets for sat night. Keep trying . I did for last 6 hours. Can't f##king wait. 2 nights in Glasgow and last night of tour in Dublin. Broke but happy.

So for 6 hours all you did was tritriagain :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭tritriagain

What can I say ..... My mother named me well

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭JohnPPP

Need to buy 2 tickets for one gig, 4 for another. Surely I won't reach a limit? pity 3 customers can't get priority

• Registered Users Posts: 43 tippbiffo

Any spare codes? I'm looking for 1 ticket only! I missed the fan subscription like an idiot. I'm in my forties and have always missed going to U2 because of being on the other side of the world etc etc....I just need and want to go to see these guys before grass and moss grow inbetween by yellow crinkled toes! I can't face rejection on the Ticketmaster site next Monday. I can just about pay a dog licence on the internet web. I am unreservedly and grovely begging on boards. Pm or God. You now can't take my dignity....because it has just left the building.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,389 ✭✭✭NachoBusiness

robo wrote: »
    BTW...the gigs in the 3 Arena look like a blast from the 80's - Van the Man, U2 & Simple Minds :D

Doesn't end there: Megadeth play Nov 9th, Simply Red, Dec 1st and Def Leppard & Whitesnake, Dec 6th :P

Doesn't end there: Megadeth play Nov 9th, Simply Red, Dec 1st and Def Leppard & Whitesnake, Dec 6th :P

Keep going!

The Prodigy, Wet Wet Wet and the Dixie Chicks are due for there too! It's nostalgia season clearly! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 978 ✭✭✭arrianalexander

I guess if you don't ask you won't get probably won't get it anyways but has any one a spare promo code ?? Pretty plz:)

From Ticketmaster regarding ticket sales.
    When can U2.com Fanclub members get tickets?
    The Fanclub Presale will begin on Thursday 10th September @ 10am, Republic of Ireland & Northern Ireland registered members can buy tickets from this time until Friday 11th @ 12noon
    Fanclub members in other countries can buy tickets from 12 Noon on Friday 12th September until 5pm that day (subject to availability).
    When do tickets go onsale to the public?
    Tickets will be released for sale @ 9am on Monday 14th September .
    How, where can I buy tickets on Monday 14th September?
    Ticket will go onsale from the following locations:
    3Arena, Dublin – A limited number of General Admission (standing) ONLY tickets will go onsale from the venue @ 9am.
    SSE Arena, Belfast – A limited number of General Admission (standing) ONLY tickets will go onsale from the venue @ 9am
    NOTE: NO CASH PAYMENTS CAN BE ACCEPTED AT THE VENUES
    Venue purchases can only be made with a Credit or Debit card. The card that you use to make the purchase will be used for entry to the venue on the evening of the show – see information on ‘Paperless Ticketing’
    You will be requested to provide a Mobile Phone number to receive SMS confirmation of your purchase.
    www.ticketmaster.ie – Fans can purchase all available tickets on the Ticketmaster website from 9am

Will Ticket Outlets have any tickets for sale?
    NO – Tickets will only be available from the above locations.
    Where can I buy Student Tickets?
    The student allocation will go onsale from www.ticketmaster.ie ONLY
    How do I qualify for Student Tickets?
    Anyone with a valid Photo Student ID can buy student tickets.
    Your student card must be presented on entry to the venue. Anyone holding a student ticket, without valid student Photo ID will be refused admission.
    If you buy 2 student tickets, you need 2 student IDs for admission
    I’m a student, can I buy 2 student tickets and take a friend who does not have student ID?
    No – both attendees must have a valid photo student ID.

General Admission (standing) tickets are Paperless – what does this mean?
    • Fans buying floor sections will not receive a physical ticket. Think of the card used to make the purchase as your ticket. When you arrive at the venue, the venue staff will swipe your card at the doors and admit you to the standing section.
    • Students must also present their student ID for each ticket purchased.
    • Regular ticket holders must also present a valid govt issued photo ID for the purchaser only.
    • Paperless tickets are not transferrable. You cannot buy a Paperless ticket as a gift for someone else. You can only buy a paperless ticket if you (the card holder) will be attending the event in person. If you buy 2 paperless tickets, your companion must enter at the same time as you.
    • There are NO EXCEPTIONS to these rules.
    I am buying a Paperless ticket and my card expires between purchase and the date of the show …
    That’s fine, you bring the card used to make the purchase, regardless of whether its expired or not.
    Will it be difficult to obtain tickets to these events?
    We anticipate that demand will far exceed supply.
    What can I expect when I log on to the Ticketmaster website on the morning of the sale?
    There will be a queuing system on the website. If you are placed in to a virtual queue, please be patient and follow the on-screen instructions. If you are in a queue and refresh your browser, you will lose your place. Do not open multiple windows on your web browser.
    What age restrictions apply to tickets?
    3 Arena, Dublin : Under 16's must be accompanied by an adult over 18 at all times. No under 14s in the standing area.
    SSE Arena, Belfast: Under 14s should be accompanied by an adult over 18 at all times.
    No under 14s permitted in the standing area
    Where can I buy accessible tickets?
    For accessible tickets, please contact the below directly:
    3 Arena, Dublin: (ROI) 0818 903 001 (NI &UK) 03333219996 (International) 00353 818 903 001Select Option 2
    SSE Arena, Belfast: Wheelchair Areas can be purchased on www.ticketmaster.ie
    Persons with specific requirements EG Accessible seating should contact SSE Arena Box Office on 02890 739074
    How many tickets can I buy?
    There will be a ticket limit of 2 tickets per person, per card and postal address.
    Multiple bookings may be cancelled.
    What will tickets cost?
    3 Arena, Dublin: 23rd + 24th, 27th + 28th November 2015.
    Seated/Standing: €33.50 - €191.00 + fees
    Music Generation Zone - €280.00
    SSE Arena, Belfast: 18th & 19th November
    Seated/Standing: £33.00 - £170.00 + fees
    Music Generation Zone - £230.00
    *** Prices are subject to change! ***
    What are the Music Generation Zones?
    These are floor, standing tickets in barricaded areas adjacent to the stage.
    They are extremely limited capacities, offering a less crowded area for you to enjoy the show.
    You will avail of a VIP entrance and have a chance to be selected for a pre-show backstage tour. You will also have access to a MGZ refreshment stand.
    Useful Tips for buying tickets online!
    • If you do not currently have a Ticketmaster account please set one up in advance of tickets going on sale. All details can be found here: https://www.ticketmaster.ie/member
    • Before tickets go on sale, log-in to “My Account”
    • Make sure your credit or debit card details are valid and up to date.
    • Please note that Maestro cards cannot be used to purchase your tickets:
    • If you have 3D secure set-up for your MasterCard or Verify by Visa for your Visa card then make sure you know your password!
    • Please ensure that you select the correct country for your billing and delivery addresses e.g. If your billing address is Northern Ireland then you must select your delivery method as Northern Ireland also. You cannot save your billing address as Great Britain and select delivery to Northern Ireland. You will receive an error message.

FYI guys

From Ticketmaster regarding ticket sales.
    When can U2.com Fanclub members get tickets?
    The Fanclub Presale will begin on Thursday 10th September @ 10am, Republic of Ireland & Northern Ireland registered members can buy tickets from this time until Friday 11th @ 12noon
    Fanclub members in other countries can buy tickets from 12 Noon on Friday 12th September until 5pm that day (subject to availability).
    When do tickets go onsale to the public?
    Tickets will be released for sale @ 9am on Monday 14th September .
    How, where can I buy tickets on Monday 14th September?
    Ticket will go onsale from the following locations:
    3Arena, Dublin – A limited number of General Admission (standing) ONLY tickets will go onsale from the venue @ 9am.
    SSE Arena, Belfast – A limited number of General Admission (standing) ONLY tickets will go onsale from the venue @ 9am
    NOTE: NO CASH PAYMENTS CAN BE ACCEPTED AT THE VENUES
    Venue purchases can only be made with a Credit or Debit card. The card that you use to make the purchase will be used for entry to the venue on the evening of the show – see information on ‘Paperless Ticketing’
    You will be requested to provide a Mobile Phone number to receive SMS confirmation of your purchase.
    www.ticketmaster.ie – Fans can purchase all available tickets on the Ticketmaster website from 9am

Will Ticket Outlets have any tickets for sale?
    NO – Tickets will only be available from the above locations.
    Where can I buy Student Tickets?
    The student allocation will go onsale from www.ticketmaster.ie ONLY
    How do I qualify for Student Tickets?
    Anyone with a valid Photo Student ID can buy student tickets.
    Your student card must be presented on entry to the venue. Anyone holding a student ticket, without valid student Photo ID will be refused admission.
    If you buy 2 student tickets, you need 2 student IDs for admission
    I’m a student, can I buy 2 student tickets and take a friend who does not have student ID?
    No – both attendees must have a valid photo student ID.

General Admission (standing) tickets are Paperless – what does this mean?
    • Fans buying floor sections will not receive a physical ticket. Think of the card used to make the purchase as your ticket. When you arrive at the venue, the venue staff will swipe your card at the doors and admit you to the standing section.
    • Students must also present their student ID for each ticket purchased.
    • Regular ticket holders must also present a valid govt issued photo ID for the purchaser only.
    • Paperless tickets are not transferrable. You cannot buy a Paperless ticket as a gift for someone else. You can only buy a paperless ticket if you (the card holder) will be attending the event in person. If you buy 2 paperless tickets, your companion must enter at the same time as you.
    • There are NO EXCEPTIONS to these rules.
    I am buying a Paperless ticket and my card expires between purchase and the date of the show …
    That’s fine, you bring the card used to make the purchase, regardless of whether its expired or not.
    Will it be difficult to obtain tickets to these events?
    We anticipate that demand will far exceed supply.
    What can I expect when I log on to the Ticketmaster website on the morning of the sale?
    There will be a queuing system on the website. If you are placed in to a virtual queue, please be patient and follow the on-screen instructions. If you are in a queue and refresh your browser, you will lose your place. Do not open multiple windows on your web browser.
    What age restrictions apply to tickets?
    3 Arena, Dublin : Under 16's must be accompanied by an adult over 18 at all times. No under 14s in the standing area.
    SSE Arena, Belfast: Under 14s should be accompanied by an adult over 18 at all times.
    No under 14s permitted in the standing area
    Where can I buy accessible tickets?
    For accessible tickets, please contact the below directly:
    3 Arena, Dublin: (ROI) 0818 903 001 (NI &UK) 03333219996 (International) 00353 818 903 001Select Option 2
    SSE Arena, Belfast: Wheelchair Areas can be purchased on www.ticketmaster.ie
    Persons with specific requirements EG Accessible seating should contact SSE Arena Box Office on 02890 739074
    There will be a ticket limit of 2 tickets per person, per card and postal address.
    What will tickets cost?
    3 Arena, Dublin: 23rd + 24th, 27th + 28th November 2015.
    Seated/Standing: €33.50 - €191.00 + fees
    Music Generation Zone - €280.00
    SSE Arena, Belfast: 18th & 19th November
    Seated/Standing: £33.00 - £170.00 + fees
    Music Generation Zone - £230.00
    *** Prices are subject to change! ***
    What are the Music Generation Zones?
    These are floor, standing tickets in barricaded areas adjacent to the stage.
    They are extremely limited capacities, offering a less crowded area for you to enjoy the show.
    You will avail of a VIP entrance and have a chance to be selected for a pre-show backstage tour. You will also have access to a MGZ refreshment stand.
    Useful Tips for buying tickets online!
    • If you do not currently have a Ticketmaster account please set one up in advance of tickets going on sale. All details can be found here: https://www.ticketmaster.ie/member
    • Before tickets go on sale, log-in to “My Account”
    • Make sure your credit or debit card details are valid and up to date.
    • Please note that Maestro cards cannot be used to purchase your tickets:
    • If you have 3D secure set-up for your MasterCard or Verify by Visa for your Visa card then make sure you know your password!
    • Please ensure that you select the correct country for your billing and delivery addresses e.g. If your billing address is Northern Ireland then you must select your delivery method as Northern Ireland also. You cannot save your billing address as Great Britain and select delivery to Northern Ireland. You will receive an error message.

Seve OB wrote: »
    2 tickets per show I'm sure.

Are you sure ?
    I thought it was 2 tickets per venue for the presale ?

Looks like 2 tickets total for all Irish gigs not 2 tickets per show

• Registered Users Posts: 38,416 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Are you sure ?

Looks like 2 tickets total for all Irish gigs not 2 tickets per show
    a good idea will give everyone a chance of seeing at least 1 u2 gig. so potentially over 30000 people will get to see u2 in dublin. a lot will lose out.

was thinking of going to the saturday night so will have to use my sisters name and address and my card (is that possible ??). only going to try for the cheap student tickets (30 euro ones) but they will be like goldust.

after paying 196.20 for a ticket today i thought to myself Why lol. it will prob be the most ill ever pay for any ticket but will be worth it.

• Advertisement

PTH2009 wrote: »
    a good idea will give everyone a chance of seeing at least 1 u2 gig. so potentially over 30000 people will get to see u2 in dublin. a lot will lose out.

was thinking of going to the saturday night so will have to use my sisters name and address and my card (is that possible ??). only going to try for the cheap student tickets (30 euro ones) but they will be like goldust.

after paying 196.20 for a ticket today i thought to myself Why lol. it will prob be the most ill ever pay for any ticket but will be worth it.

In fairness, when tickets inevitably sell out and Ticketmaster crashes like nobodies business on Monday, people would probably bite your hand off for a ticket at that price in a worse section! Sure the tickets are already selling on touting sites for crazy money.

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭JohnPPP

So there's a limit of 2 tickets? Now I've no idea how me and a few friends will make it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭nxbyveromdwjpg

It's obviously two per show, not two in total.

Also it sounds like it's only standing that are paperless, does that mean seating get a proper paper ticket?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭Toast

Regular ticket holders must also present a valid govt issued photo ID for the purchaser only.

So all tickets are buyer locked? Seems this was added almost as an afterthought. Was this made clear in the pre sale for the seated tickets?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭hawkelady

Try not to be greedy

• Registered Users Posts: 6,658 ✭✭✭bren2001

Whats the story with Student tickets for this? They are the same price as the regular standing tickets. It seems a bit odd to have them if they are not any cheaper.

Are you sure ?

Well yes, 2 for the presale.

but come Monday, I don't see why you can't buy tickets for another show

PTH2009 wrote: »

So on one hand you are saying it's a good idea you can only go to one show and then in your next breath you want to go again using your sisters name! :rolleyes:

I've been going to U2 for years, every time they play in Ireland since Zoo TV. In actual fact, not a lot of times when you add them up. I was only a kid back then, so just went to one show, twice in Lansdowne, Twice in Slane, twice in Croker for ATYCLB, twice in Croker for HTDAAB. So I missed a couple of the Croker gigs, couldn't get the tickets. I am going to London to see them and I am going on Friday night in the Point. (And hopefully Saturday if I can get a ticket) I think it's safe to say I'm a fan. I am not the only one, there are a hell of a lot more hardcore fans than me out there. If it wasn't for their real fans, U2 would not be what they have become. To turn around and say, sorry fans you can only come to one of our shows if you are coming with someone, or 2 shows on your own, because we have loads of other people who have never seen us before and would like to get a ticket, is just a stupid, nonsensical and ridiculous theory. Of course you can go to all the shows, limit is 2 tickets per show

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭TOPDAWG2.0

Strongly considering driving to Belfast and queueing at the arena there. Wondering if demand will be as high up there as it will be for the "homecoming" gigs!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭cruhoortwunk

Toast wrote: »
    So all tickets are buyer locked? Seems this was added almost as an afterthought. Was this made clear in the pre sale for the seated tickets?
    Imainge the queues for this, with every person being individually checked for id and proof of payment card

Advertisement