Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

U2 Innocence & Experience Tour 2015 (Dublin and Belfast gigs confirmed, post #275)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,027 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Imainge the queues for this, with every person being individually checked for id and proof of payment card

Id say they'll just swipe the credit cards and not bother with ID, have seen them do it for other paperless gigs.

Should be quick enough as scanning the tickets apart from the ones you know will turn up with issues

• Registered Users Posts: 6,376 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

Imainge the queues for this, with every person being individually checked for id and proof of payment card

There is 3 entrances entrance 2 is for seated

• Registered Users Posts: 12 sballb

Is there anyone who can DM me a code? I'm going to be travelling Monday morning so haven't a hope of getting them then :(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,465 ✭✭✭finbarrk

Can't beat a U2 ticket sale frenzy to get a load of new boards.ie accounts open!

Why, I've always been here...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

finbarrk wrote: »
    Can't beat a U2 ticket sale frenzy to get a load of new boards.ie accounts open!

It seems everyone is a fan when U2 come to town .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭WeleaseWoderick

What's the story with swiping the credit card if it has expired before the gig? Mine is due to expire next month

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭sbEdge

Keep the expired card. That's the advice from U2.com anyway

What's the story with swiping the credit card if it has expired before the gig? Mine is due to expire next month

Bring whatever card you bought the tickets with. It'll work no problem, was in the ticket master FAQ

• Registered Users Posts: 710 ✭✭✭weadick

Who are all these people? I only know two other people who like them and even they aren't all that bothered about seeing them anymore.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,992 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

finbarrk wrote: »

Yea, and all the so called "fans" who aren't members of the website, never seen them live before and come on here and have the gaul to ask for pre sale codes!

Even some of the comments about not being sure if it's worth it to sign up to the website to get the access code. If you are signing up to the website, it should not be for the access code, but rather for being a fan and you do actually get something physical every year for the website sign up. the pre-access code is a bonus, and has been going back as far as the propaganda days, so not a new idea or anything that fans might not be aware of!

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭wacotaco

Is there room for extra dates? Whey did they skip Wednesday and Thursday

sballb wrote: »
    Why, I've always been here...

yea of course you have, thats why you joined today and your first post was to ask for a free code!

Damn...I didn't realise signing up to an official fan club makes you a fan. I'd better go unsee their last 4 tours and give back all the albums I've been buying of theirs. Oh and the t shirts. And the books, I didn't even think about the books. All worthless now as i never signed up to a website. Stupid me!!

• Registered Users Posts: 42,089 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Seve OB wrote: »
    yea of course you have, thats why you joined today and your first post was to ask for a free code!

Possibly a new account...

Damn...I didn't realise signing up to an official fan club makes you a fan. I'd better go unsee their last 4 tours and give back all the albums I've been buying of theirs. Oh and the t shirts. And the books, I didn't even think about the books. All worthless now as i never signed up to a website. Stupid me!!

well it looks like you have no excuse so. you are a fan obviously who enjoys collecting their stuff. why not pay the few quid and collect the limited stuff that is available only to subscribers? then you would have gotten the presale access code all by yourself, oh and you would have also gotten discount for all the merchandise you got through the years.... the subscription pays for itself

• Registered Users Posts: 38,416 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Toast wrote: »
    So all tickets are buyer locked? Seems this was added almost as an afterthought. Was this made clear in the pre sale for the seated tickets?

I bought tickets in the pre-sale for myself and brother in law using my dads credit card. There seated tickets so do I need Id. It's getting a but ridiculous at this stage

We'll not argue friend! But i'm like the biggest U2 fan ever. Red Red Wine is like my all time favourite song.

PTH2009 wrote: »
    I bought tickets in the pre-sale for myself and brother in law using my dads credit card. There seated tickets so do I need Id. It's getting a but ridiculous at this stage

Technically yes ,it would seem
    Regular ticket holders must also present a valid govt issued photo ID for the purchaser only.

However will this actually be implemented ,who knows.
    It could get very messy on the night ,if people are refused entry ,there could be riots.
    I'd say bring some id of your dads just to be safe.

We'll not argue friend! But i'm like the biggest U2 fan ever. Red Red Wine is like my all time favourite song.

mine is probably ever lasting love :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 717 ✭✭✭rubberdiddies

seems to be working well so far at the other venues. it's a good way to stop the re-sellers, though I don't understand if all tickets are paperless, how are they being advertised on reseller sites

mine is probably ever lasting love :)
    Mine is crazy world lol

Technically yes ,it would seem

However will this actually be implemented ,who knows.
    It could get very messy on the night ,if people are refused entry ,there could be riots.
    I'd say bring some id of your dads just to be safe.
    I'll bring the card and his social welfare card.

Imagine travelling up and not been left in because the name on id does not match the ticket name.

seems to be working well so far at the other venues. it's a good way to stop the re-sellers, though I don't understand if all tickets are paperless, how are they being advertised on reseller sites

Only standing tickets are paperless .Seating are not ,hence why they are being touted .
    These dont require ID at other venues but for the Irish gigs they may.

U2.com seem to be making up these rules as they go on ,for such a big band their website really is terrible.

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Mine is crazy world lol

I'm not such a huge fan of Bono's solo stuff though. That tv show he had with Cher was just ill advised.

Yea, and all the so called "fans" who aren't members of the website, never seen them live before and come on here and have the gaul to ask for pre sale codes!

Even some of the comments about not being sure if it's worth it to sign up to the website to get the access code. If you are signing up to the website, it should not be for the access code, but rather for being a fan and you do actually get something physical every year for the website sign up. the pre-access code is a bonus, and has been going back as far as the propaganda days, so not a new idea or anything that fans might not be aware of!

These fans are coming out of the woodwork now ,but I wouldn't have expected anything less to be honest.
    We know what to expect at this stage.

You will see them at the gig ,busy going in and out to the bar while the show is on,updating their Facebook profiles and posting selfies of "Look at me" and be yapping while the slow songs are on.
    They will stick their crappy smartphone camera right in front of you trying to record the gig .

If you are lucky you will be sitting near them and will be like a yoyo getting up and down for them to go to the bar or if you are really lucky maybe they will be standing near you and start a fight after too much drink.
    Always the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭wacotaco

Will they add extra dates if these sell out?

These fans are coming out of the woodwork now ,but I wouldn't have expected anything less to be honest.
    We know what to expect at this stage.

You will see them at the gig ,busy going in and out to the bar while the show is on,updating their Facebook profiles and posting selfies of "Look at me" and be yapping while the slow songs are on.
    If you are lucky you will be sitting near them and will be like a yoyo getting up and down for them to go to the bar or if you are really lucky maybe they will be standing near you and start a fight after too much drink.
    Always the same.

While i 100% agree with you about those type of concert goers, i fail to see why you think there's different levels of entitlement to fans. Of course people are suddenly talkin U2 this week and will be up until November. People don't have to constantly leave messages on a board to show their true fannage.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,376 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

wacotaco wrote: »
    Will they add extra dates WHEN these sell out?

FYP

• Advertisement

While i 100% agree with you about those type of concert goers, i fail to see why you think there's different levels of entitlement to fans. Of course people are suddenly talkin U2 this week and will be up until November. People don't have to constantly leave messages on a board to show their true fannage.

I think it just came across as a bit cheeky that it looks like you joined Boards.ie this week and were asking about for codes whereas people who have been on Boards.ie for years and are desperate for tickets haven't asked as they know not to.

I'm sure you're a big fan, probably bigger than me, in fact from what you've said, probably levels and levels above me. But you can't blame people for being sceptical when someone joins the site and starts exclusively asking about for codes :)

Advertisement