Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

U2 Innocence & Experience Tour 2015 (Dublin and Belfast gigs confirmed, post #275)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12 sballb

I think it just came across as a bit cheeky that it looks like you joined Boards.ie this week and were asking about for codes whereas people who have been on Boards.ie for years and are desperate for tickets haven't asked as they know not to.

I'm sure you're a big fan, probably bigger than me, in fact from what you've said, probably levels and levels above me. But you can't blame people for being sceptical when someone joins the site and starts exclusively asking about for codes :)

I agree. As i stated I'm unable to book them Monday morning so was looking for help in the matter. Anyway let's not argue! We can agree that we all love U2. In the words of Bono himself: Don't look back in anger

• Registered Users Posts: 12,817 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

U2.com seem to be making up these rules as they go on ,for such a big band their website really is terrible.

Why do you think they'd care? They'll sell out regardless and will make their money. Thats all they concern themselves with.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Delver

Are you talkin' U2 to me?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

sballb wrote: »
    Red Red Wine is like my all time favourite song.

In the words of Bono himself: Don't look back in anger

Go back under your bridge

We're talking about those loveable lads from Liverpool

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭cathalj

wacotaco wrote:
    Is there room for extra dates? Whey did they skip Wednesday and Thursday

A lot of people wondering about extra dates being added... They never play three nights in a row (medical advice concerning possible damage to Bono's voice) so it's very unlikely they'll add one on Wednesday or Thursday..... However, it being Ireland and end of tour , you never know... Highly unlikely though so I wouldn't be banking on it !

• Registered Users Posts: 15,992 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

troll alert

Go back under your bridge

How dare you sir! I'll have you know my grandfather built our family bridge. I'll continue my search for the codes as i still haven't found them yet. And i'll do it with or without your help.

cathalj wrote: »
    A lot of people wondering about extra dates being added... They never play three nights in a row (medical advice concerning possible damage to Bono's voice) so it's very unlikely they'll add one on Wednesday or Thursday..... However, it being Ireland and end of tour , you never know... Highly unlikely though so I wouldn't be banking on it !

Actually they won't play 3 nights in a row because the shows are actually over 2 nights. Well at least that was the original concept. Innocence show on night 1 and experience show on night 2. So Fridays show should be different to Saturdays show

• Registered Users Posts: 391 ✭✭starWave

Seve OB wrote: »
    Actually they won't play 3 nights in a row because the shows are actually over 2 nights. Well at least that was the original concept. Innocence show on night 1 and experience show on night 2. So Fridays show should be different to Saturdays show

Thought the first half was innocence, and the second half was experience. Wouldn't make sense to split it over two nights. Not many would be able to make both nights in a row.

• Advertisement

starWave wrote: »
    Thought the first half was innocence, and the second half was experience. Wouldn't make sense to split it over two nights. Not many would be able to make both nights in a row.

As I say, that was the initial concept, but I haven't been following the tour so not sure how they have gone about it .

• Registered Users Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

As I say, that was the initial concept, but I haven't been following the tour so not sure how they have gone about it .

Both nights are pretty much the same bar 4 or 5 songs

• Registered Users Posts: 391 ✭✭starWave

I though the concept was an innocence stage and an experience stage, and they switch halfway through.

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭AoifeBurke

Yea, and all the so called "fans" who aren't members of the website, never seen them live before and come on here and have the gaul to ask for pre sale codes!

Even some of the comments about not being sure if it's worth it to sign up to the website to get the access code. If you are signing up to the website, it should not be for the access code, but rather for being a fan and you do actually get something physical every year for the website sign up. the pre-access code is a bonus, and has been going back as far as the propaganda days, so not a new idea or anything that fans might not be aware of!

I have to say that I don't think that's fair to be honest. I've saved up for tickets to the U2 gig but I can't afford to pay for a subscription to the website as well (I'm a student). Also, yeah, I've never seen them live before, but I could never afford to go abroad and last time they played Ireland I was 14? I've loved them since I was a kid, it's not fair to suggest that I'm not a "real" fan because I don't have as much money and am not as active on social media as other fans? This fan hierarchy has gotten out of hand.

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭thisistough

AoifeBurke wrote: »
    I have to say that I don't think that's fair to be honest. I've saved up for tickets to the U2 gig but I can't afford to pay for a subscription to the website as well (I'm a student). Also, yeah, I've never seen them live before, but I could never afford to go abroad and last time they played Ireland I was 14? I've loved them since I was a kid, it's not fair to suggest that I'm not a "real" fan because I don't have as much money and am not as active on social media as other fans? This fan hierarchy hasn't gotten out of hand.

+1 to this, I'm in the exact same position! I can't even afford the ticket so I'll be scrimping and scrounging for months to pay back the money I'll be borrowing but I really want to go!

If I had the choice of course I would have loved to have been a paid up member of the website, I am subscribed to the website just not a paid member. Not all of us can afford the 50 quid a year, I know it doesn't seem like a whole lot but my budgets are operating at a loss already so its not feasible for everyone! The joys of student life!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭nxbyveromdwjpg

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Imagine travelling up and not been left in because the name on id does not match the ticket name.

That's the thing.. realistically, that will never happen. It's all just lip service really.

Fair points about not being able to afford it.

I went through private college myself, but had a job since I was 16 so was able to afford a lot more than other students. I appreciate you are young so your age is a valid reason for not seeing them before. I was also in the same boat back in the 80s and wasn't allowed go to see the play the lovetown tour in the point. Incidentally who else has the tape cover from hot press :)

On the other hand, 50 quid meant you would have gotten some nice merchandise, access to members website, and the pre sale access for guaranteed tickets. Pre sale access would have meant you could have gotten some standing tickets or cheaper seats which you are not guaranteed come Monday, and if you don't get them then........ Will you pay over the odds to a tout? The 50 quid pays for itself in more ways than one. My 2 tickets cost me 127 when you factor in the website subscription, and I got a free limited edition album and book which are not available to purchase( though I'm sure some get sold on the likes of eBay)

That's the thing.. realistically, that will never happen. It's all just lip service really.

Or is it?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,358 ✭✭✭✭8-10

These fans are coming out of the woodwork now ,but I wouldn't have expected anything less to be honest.
    We know what to expect at this stage.

You will see them at the gig ,busy going in and out to the bar while the show is on,updating their Facebook profiles and posting selfies of "Look at me" and be yapping while the slow songs are on.
    They will stick their crappy smartphone camera right in front of you trying to record the gig .

If you are lucky you will be sitting near them and will be like a yoyo getting up and down for them to go to the bar or if you are really lucky maybe they will be standing near you and start a fight after too much drink.
    Always the same.

Oh wow you must not go to many gigs this is not just a U2 phenomenon by any means! You'll see these sorts of idiots at every gig these days. Recording on their phones and talking through slow songs- par for the course these days I'm afraid

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭thisistough

Fair points about not being able to afford it.

I went through private college myself, but had a job since I was 16 so was able to afford a lot more than other students. I appreciate you are young so your age is a valid reason for not seeing them before. I was also in the same boat back in the 80s and wasn't allowed go to see the play the lovetown tour in the point. Incidentally who else has the tape cover from hot press :)

On the other hand, 50 quid meant you would have gotten some nice merchandise, access to members website, and the pre sale access for guaranteed tickets. Pre sale access would have meant you could have gotten some standing tickets or cheaper seats which you are not guaranteed come Monday, and if you don't get them then........ Will you pay over the odds to a tout? The 50 quid pays for itself in more ways than one. My 2 tickets cost me 127 when you factor in the website subscription, and I got a free limited edition album and book which are not available to purchase( though I'm sure some get sold on the likes of eBay)

I know, realistically I would have been better off having joined up properly but there was no guarantee that they were going to do an irish tour and going abroad wasn't an option for me. I've been working for 4 years too so you'd think I'd have some bit of savings to sort me out, but unfortunately the rising rent situation and college fees have somewhat cleared me out!

I definitely wouldn't buy from a tout, firstly just money wise but also on principal. I know if I don't buy them someone else will but I just can't bring myself to encourage them.

I certainly don't begrudge any of the fans who got pre sale tickets, it just seems a bit harsh to be told that because you haven't been paying a subscription for donkeys years you don't deserve to go to the gig.

• Advertisement

Seve OB wrote:

Actually you are wrong, check back previous tours if you like and show me a three in a row run. The concept of two differing shows was on the cards when it was thought that they might have another album (Songs of Experience) out before the tour, but obviously this didn't happen. Regardless they don't play three in a row.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,027 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

cathalj wrote: »
    Actually you are wrong, check back previous tours if you like and show me a three in a row run. The concept of two differing shows was on the cards when it was thought that they might have another album (Songs of Experience) out before the tour, but obviously this didn't happen. Regardless they don't play three in a row.

God two different tours would surely have been a bit of a minefield for potentially disappointed fans. How would they have put that together out of interest, do ya know?

I know when Springsteen tours, his nights are around 50% set in stone and 50% interchangeable.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 nolan0

Does anyone who got tickets in the presale have a more detailed pricing breakdown for the Dublin gigs? €33.50-€191 is a little vague for my liking.

I know when Springsteen tours, his nights are around 50% set in stone and 50% interchangeable.

It was talked about being done pretty much like that, you would have your staple hits on both nights, making up 60 - 70% odd of the show and then the new tracks from "innocence" on night one and new tracks from "experience" on night two, with different screen effects etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 nolan0

kennyu272 wrote: »
    I just got two GA tickets for the Friday and Saturday night shows.They were showing unavailable for most of the day but it seems I got luck.Managed to get atuesday night ticket earlier this morning on a friends code.:-)

How much were GA tickets?

I certainly don't begrudge any of the fans who got pre sale tickets, it just seems a bit harsh to be told that because you haven't been paying a subscription for donkeys years you don't deserve to go to the gig.

Exactly! If you want to say 'tough you should've subscribed if you wanted advanced ticket options' then fine but don't make the claim that someone is less of a fan for not doing so. I'd wager a shiny object that even bono isn't a member of the U2 fanclub. Is Bono not his own biggest fan?

Also I'm fairly sure I read something about The Hedge saying they had planned a concept tour but it fell apart in the early planning stages. So the idea was there but never executed.

I'll go now cos I'm a troll apparently and I think the underpass of my bridge is flooding

• Registered Users Posts: 38,416 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

God two different tours would surely have been a bit of a minefield for potentially disappointed fans. How would they have put that together out of interest, do ya know?

Imagine a Croke Park show with both Bruce Springsteen and u2 on the one bill. It would sell out in seconds but won't happen

Would not rule out another Croke Park show for u2 in 2016

• Registered Users Posts: 38,416 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

OK I bought 2x tickets using my dads credit card ( I used my Ticketmaster account but the tickets went in this name )

Could someone use there Ticketmaster account to buy 2 tickets for another night but use my debit card to pay for it ?

Both me and my dad live in the same address but I'd be concerned I be going over the limit because we're the same household

It's hard to explain what I'm trying to say

nolan0 wrote:
    How much were GA tickets?

GA (standing) tickets were 75 each. (155 for two including charges)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 558 ✭✭✭keeponrockin

PTH2009 wrote: »
    OK I bought 2x tickets using my dads credit card ( I used my Ticketmaster account but the tickets went in this name )

Could someone use there Ticketmaster account to buy 2 tickets for another night but use my debit card to pay for it ?

Both me and my dad live in the same address but I'd be concerned I be going over the limit because we're the same household

It's hard to explain what I'm trying to say
    Im not sure of the answer to this but i did read on U2.com last week that people who buy in the fanclub sale(Max 2 tickets) are allowed buy extra tickets in the main sale..however this totally contradicts ticketmasters usual rules of Max X Tickets per household/credit card . I got 2 tickets in the presale but would like 2 get 2 more for a different night to repay a mate who sorted me with tickets for the 360 tour but am worried about my originals being cancelled by ticketmaster?:confused:

Advertisement