Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

U2 Innocence & Experience Tour 2015 (Dublin and Belfast gigs confirmed, post #275)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,358 ✭✭✭✭8-10

Seve OB wrote: »
    I got a free limited edition album and book which are not available to purchase

You realise it's not actually free if you pay a €50 subscription right? You end up paying for it anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 12 sballb

It does have to be said that the cost is so damn high. U2 never charged as much for Slane or the overblown 360 but since live nation are milking them it's a shame the fans have to suffer. Guy Osery and Arthur fogel are smart business men but revenue from touring never seemed as blatant to the band til now. However, we'll all still pay it. I just hope they mend their beef with Zane before the Dublin gigs. Is not a real show without him

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭r0chf0rt

nolan0 wrote: »
    Does anyone who got tickets in the presale have a more detailed pricing breakdown for the Dublin gigs? €33.50-€191 is a little vague for my liking.

The standing is around €75 inc fees. Most of the seating is €190 inc fees. The seats up the back are around €100 inc fees. I didn't see any of the €30 tickets but I guess they are in the corners of the back rows.

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭Deisler

Standing a no brainier. What fools sit at gigs anyways??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭nxbyveromdwjpg

PTH2009 wrote: »
    OK I bought 2x tickets using my dads credit card ( I used my Ticketmaster account but the tickets went in this name )

Could someone use there Ticketmaster account to buy 2 tickets for another night but use my debit card to pay for it ?

Both me and my dad live in the same address but I'd be concerned I be going over the limit because we're the same household

It's hard to explain what I'm trying to say

Of course they could.

They're not going to go matching up addresses, or checking random other nights for matches, they're not going to do any of that crap. Relax.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,358 ✭✭✭✭8-10

Deisler wrote: »

Depends on the gig

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,389 ✭✭✭NachoBusiness

Deisler wrote: »

All those 25 year olds that went to early 80s U2 gigs.. are now in or around 60 years old.

Not that some 60 year olds can't stand for two hours, I'm sure many can, but in general most at that age would prefer to sit and only stand for four or five songs.

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭cowboyjoe

Like most people on here I have been a long time U2 fan but have never seen them live (a house party outside Croke park gig doesn't count)...but thanks to this thread I signed up to their website last December. Got myself a decent LP over the summer and got two Friday night row M seating tickets for €200 pre sale. Delighted and think its a very fair way to prioritise 'real' fans who made the effort to sign up in advance.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,416 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

cowboyjoe wrote: »
    Like most people on here I have been a long time U2 fan but have never seen them live (a house party outside Croke park gig doesn't count)...but thanks to this thread I signed up to their website last December. Got myself a decent LP over the summer and got two Friday night row M seating tickets for €200 pre sale. Delighted and think its a very fair way to prioritise 'real' fans who made the effort to sign up in advance.
    i signed up last tuesday at 11.45pm but still got a code and got tickets for the Tuesday bit were cancelled yesterday

those 280 euro tickets are a rip off there not even near the stage and as someone siad someone who payed 75euro will get nearer than someone who payed the music generation red zone ticket

Ticket cancelled u2.com ****ers

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

Ticket cancelled u2.com ****ers

How do you know?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,389 ✭✭✭NachoBusiness

Toutless won't be an option either as they don't allow the sale or requests of tickets for paperless events, even if only partially so.

Understandable I suppose.

Is there a chance that the presale tickets didn't include cheap seats which may be available on Monday morning?

How do you know?
    i checked my ticketmaster account and there is no money value on the u2 order (using mobile site). going to kill someone. why give me a code and then take it off me.

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭AoifeBurke

Wealth of fans does not equate to authenticity of fans. Not everyone can afford the subscription; that obviously doesn't make them any less of a fan.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 sballb

Define a 'real" fan?

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭deeroy12

i checked my ticketmaster account and there is no money value on the u2 order (using mobile site). going to kill someone. why give me a code and then take it off me.

Is your Ticketmaster Order history still there?I know my girlfriends debit card was charged for the mon night,but i have yet 2check my credit card for the sat night.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,424 ✭✭✭wirelessdude01

Report on main thread of someone who reused a code having their ticket cancelled.

deeroy12 wrote: »
    Is your Ticketmaster Order history still there?I know my girlfriends debit card was charged for the mon night,but i have yet 2check my credit card for the sat night.
    on my pc account its still there with the money value still there but when i check on the mobile site theres no value 0.00.

i didnt use my code before

• Registered Users Posts: 854 ✭✭✭beveragelady

I got two tickets on Thursday morning in the pre-sale. I spent a stupid sum of money. Stupid.
    I'm a little annoyed that tickets are only being sold in pairs as it messes with a longstanding tradition of a few of us going to see U2 together. Still, if it makes life hard for the scalpers I'll make the most of it.

Two questions:

I was wondering if it would have been possible to get anything other than the MGZ tickets in the pre-sale? Did anybody manage to get seated tickets, for example?

Are they sending out tickets or do we get them on the night?

• Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭cathalj

PTH2009 wrote:
    on my pc account its still there with the money value still there but when i check on the mobile site theres no value 0.00.

Hi,
    Not sure I follow you, did you get a ticket confirmation email from ticketmaster when the order went through , and if so, have you received another email from ticketmaster informing you your order/tickets have been cancelled ?

• Advertisement

I was wondering if it would have been possible to get anything other than the MGZ tickets in the pre-sale? Did anybody manage to get seated tickets, for example?

Of course it was.... Lots of us got GA (standing) for €75 a ticket.

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭deeroy12

i didnt use my code before

I'd say you tickets are ok.Ticketmaster would prob contact u by email if they were cancelled.
    On a technically point of view, I don't think it is possible for TicketMaster to cancel tickets that have been bought with a double used code. I think there is no link between the TM-database and the U2.Com-databasee, the code is programmed to give acces to the TM-presale but once you have acces, it doesn't matter which code you have used. TM will only cancel ticket orders that exceed the ticket limits per household/creditcard.

cathalj wrote: »
    Of course it was.... Lots of us got GA (standing) for €75 a ticket.

Don't know how I feel about that. I'm definitely going to use the tickets, so all in all I'm feeling excited and quite pleased with myself. At least I'm spared the awful stress of trying to get them on Monday morning, I do not enjoy that process at all.
    There was serious multitasking going on when I was buying them. I have a history of making poor decisions under pressure anyway.

Hi,
    Not sure I follow you, did you get a ticket confirmation email from ticketmaster when the order went through , and if so, have you received another email from ticketmaster informing you your order/tickets have been cancelled ?
    i looked on u2.com fourms and there was a guy who reused his code for a dublin show (used it prev for glasgow) and he siad he checked his ticketmaster account on the mobile site and there was no value gone through on it and then there was an earlier post saying members that used invalid codes would have there orders cancelled. but the thing was i joined after the deadline but still got a code and the order went through thursday morning. on my account desktop site its says the order is gone through and i rang ticketmaster to confirm and he siad it went through but on the mobile site its says it didnt go through ??. Money not gone out of the bank account yet.

I didint recieve an email from ticketmaster saying they were cancelled but they never send out cancelled emails.

I have a history of making poor decisions under pressure anyway.[/quote]

Don't we all !😊 ...... At least by the time November rolls around, the memory of how much you've paid will have faded and you'll just be hyped about the gigs ! .... You've got great tickets and its not beyond the bounds of possibilities that you won't get to see them again... You'll enjoy every minute of it !!!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

On a technically point of view, I don't think it is possible for TicketMaster to cancel tickets that have been bought with a double used code. I think there is no link between the TM-database and the U2.Com-databasee, the code is programmed to give acces to the TM-presale but once you have acces, it doesn't matter which code you have used. TM will only cancel ticket orders that exceed the ticket limits per household/creditcard.

They can easily cancel tickets bought with a double used code ,they have done so in the past .

• Registered Users Posts: 391 ✭✭starWave

TM will only cancel ticket orders that exceed the ticket limits per household/creditcard.

If I get through again on Monday, and use the same credit card as I did in the presale, will Ticketmaster cancel my tickets?

Don't we all !😊 ...... At least by the time November rolls around, the memory of how much you've paid will have faded and you'll just be hyped about the gigs ! .... You've got great tickets and its not beyond the bounds of possibilities that you won't get to see them again... You'll enjoy every minute of it !!!

That's exactly my thinking! I could easily fritter away that sort of money and have nothing at all to show for it, in fact I'd have no idea how I managed to spend it. (See above re: poor decision-making.) I also agree that there's a possibility they won't tour like this again, they're approaching retirement age and now that Bono is being held together with titanium and baling twine they might be thinking of finishing on the current high note.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 97 ✭✭gammy_knees

I still have my ticket and souvenir magazine from their gig in Croker on 29/6/1985 (£12.50 & £2 each). I also bought a photo album which includes details of their world tour 1984/85. On the bill that day were Squeeze, The Alarm, REM and In Tua Nua (Leslie Dowdall was such a fine thing back then!). It was a fabulous gig.
    Also seen many others in Dublin and Cork.
    Have little chance of getting a ticket on Monday. I think interest in signing up to a music website dwindles when a person is of a certain age but that doesn't mean they are still not loyal fans. Long time fans are going to lose out to the teeny boppers it seems.

• Advertisement

Have little chance of getting a ticket on Monday. I think interest in signing up to a music website dwindles when a person is of a certain age but that doesn't mean they are still not loyal fans. Long time fans are going to lose out to the teeny boppers it seems.

I don't think that's true at all. This might come as a shock to you but U2 in general and Bono in particular seem to be considered deeply uncool by our teenage brethren. I frequently use U2 lyrics as an introduction to unseen poetry in fourth year and when I tell them who wrote the 'poem' the information is received either with derisive snorts or blank disinterest. I find an excuse to mention Bono at least once a day in class and somebody always pipes up "Who's Bono?" I do what I can to educate them but I'm only one woman!
    I'm sure there is a brave minority of teenyboppers with taste, but they won't be the ones hoovering up the tickets.
    I'd say you have a decent chance, provided you have everything in place before 9am on Monday. (Ticketmaster account, all your passwords and pin codes etc.) The young'uns are not the enemy, the goddamned scalpers are the enemy.
    Talking of scalpers, is it the the case that the tickets will not be sent out but will all have be picked up on the night using the card with which they were bought?

Advertisement