Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

U2 Innocence & Experience Tour 2015 (Dublin and Belfast gigs confirmed, post #275)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

It's obviously two per show, not two in total.

Also it sounds like it's only standing that are paperless, does that mean seating get a proper paper ticket?

No its 2 tickets total

From Ticketmaster:
    The ticket limit for this event is 2 tickets per person, per card and postal address, not per night.
    Any ticket limit exceeded will result in bookings being cancelled.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭skeleton_boy

Anyone know what the ticket limits are for the gig?

• Registered Users Posts: 38,416 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Anyone know what the ticket limits are for the gig?

2x per name, household, credit card, address

• Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭cathalj

PTH2009 wrote:
    I didint recieve an email from ticketmaster saying they were cancelled but they never send out cancelled emails.

Did you get the GA paperless tickets ?
    If so they would have to inform you by email that your order has been cancelled , otherwise you (and more) would turn up on the night none the wiser ?

cathalj wrote: »
    Did you get the GA paperless tickets ?
    If so they would have to inform you by email that your order has been cancelled , otherwise you (and more) would turn up on the night none the wiser ?

I got 2 seated tickets

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭cathalj

PTH2009 wrote:
    I got 2 seated tickets

Hopefully you're just worrying about nothing. I'm sure if they were cancelling they would be obliged to inform you. Fingers crossed !!

cathalj wrote: »
    Hopefully you're just worrying about nothing. I'm sure if they were cancelling they would be obliged to inform you. Fingers crossed !!
    i looked again on the mobile site and it said order was placed on the 09 september . the sale happend on the 10th september :confused::confused::confused::confused:

PTH2009 wrote: »
    i looked again on the mobile site and it said order was placed on the 09 september . the sale happend on the 10th september :confused::confused::confused::confused:

I'm sure the pc/browser version of ticketmaster is alot more accurate than the mobile version.

here is a picture of my view of fleetwood mac in the 3arena this year. seated tickets were 130, 75 and 55. My seat was Block P Row 45 Seat 249 which was a 75 euro ticket i think the 55 euro tickets were to the right of me.

Id imagine this seat would be a E102 ticket for the u2 gigs with the e33 being to the left of them.
    14398_10153032183434372_5074039676666113725_n.jpg?oh=57bf34a97ff5cda014f3d89e841bf6c7&oe=5664392E

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭nxbyveromdwjpg

No its 2 tickets total

From Ticketmaster:

Your own quoted text confirms it's two per event. You could buy 2 for each show(event) if you wanted to see them 4 times.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭horseburger

Your own quoted text confirms it's two per event. You could buy 2 for each show(event) if you wanted to see them 4 times.

Perhaps it is possible that MisterAnarchy sought further confirmation from ticketmaster on that issue?

The wording of the quote in MisterAnarchy's message is quite specific, and is more clearly stated than in the FAQ on ticketmaster's site:

http://ticketmasterie.inbenta.com/?f=651

"How many tickets can I buy?
    There will be a ticket limit of 2 tickets per person, per card and postal address". "Multiple bookings may be cancelled".

• Registered Users Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭Nunu

Perhaps it is possible that MisterAnarchy sought further confirmation from ticketmaster on that issue?

The wording of the quote in MisterAnarchy's message is quite specific, and is more clearly stated than in the FAQ on ticketmaster's site:

http://ticketmasterie.inbenta.com/?f=651

"How many tickets can I buy?
    There will be a ticket limit of 2 tickets per person, per card and postal address". "Multiple bookings may be cancelled".

2 tickets per postal address is ridiculous. There's 7 people in our household and 6 want to go. I'll be trying on my card for 2 and likewise 2 other cards will be trying for 2 each. So, this is breaking the rules?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,397 ✭✭✭Shedite27

I still have my ticket and souvenir magazine from their gig in Croker on 29/6/1985 (£12.50 & £2 each). I also bought a photo album which includes details of their world tour 1984/85. On the bill that day were Squeeze, The Alarm, REM and In Tua Nua (Leslie Dowdall was such a fine thing back then!). It was a fabulous gig.
    Also seen many others in Dublin and Cork.
    Have little chance of getting a ticket on Monday. I think interest in signing up to a music website dwindles when a person is of a certain age but that doesn't mean they are still not loyal fans. Long time fans are going to lose out to the teeny boppers it seems.
    What are you suggesting? that because you once went to a U2 gig 30 years ago you deserve to be given tickets this time? Could ya imagine if any event int he world only gave tickets to those who've been there previously, same 80,000 people at every all Ireland final, would't that be fun :rolleyes:

Grow up man, queue overnight or be the first online Monday morning like the rest of them. Ticketmaster are doing the best they can here

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭kennyu272

PTH2009 wrote: »
    here is a picture of my view of fleetwood mac in the 3arena this year. seated tickets were 130, 75 and 55. My seat was Block P Row 45 Seat 249 which was a 75 euro ticket i think the 55 euro tickets were to the right of me.

Id imagine this seat would be a E102 ticket for the u2 gigs with the e33 being to the left of them.
    14398_10153032183434372_5074039676666113725_n.jpg?oh=57bf34a97ff5cda014f3d89e841bf6c7&oe=5664392E
    The E33 seats are located directly facing the stage but up at the back.When the screen comes down to walkway level you won't be able to see the main stage or band (because they will be performing from inside the screen).Plus you won't see any visuals on the screen when its in its normal position.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭webpal

Anyone know about ticket prices, I can't find anything anywhere. I realise the range is 34-191 and standing is 75 but what about in between . Are there seats for 50, 60, 80 etc? And if so, whereabouts would these be? don't really want to spend much time in the morning trying to figure this out.

webpal wrote: »
    Anyone know about ticket prices, I can't find anything anywhere. I realise the range is 34-191 and standing is 75 but what about in between . Are there seats for 50, 60, 80 etc? And if so, whereabouts would these be? don't really want to spend much time in the morning trying to figure this out.

Seats are E33,E102 and E192 plus you can add on another 6 quid on top of each ticket for booking fees.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭tritriagain

Shedite27 wrote: »
    What are you suggesting? that because you once went to a U2 gig 30 years ago you deserve to be given tickets this time? Could ya imagine if any event int he world only gave tickets to those who've been there previously, same 80,000 people at every all Ireland final, would't that be fun :rolleyes:

Grow up man, queue overnight or be the first online Monday morning like the rest of them. Ticketmaster are doing the best they can here

I agree with everything you except about ticketmaster. It is in their interest to sell tickets to non fans as the make far more commission on second wave then they do on the original ticket. If they were interested in real fans getting tickets then go paperless for all tickets. That way nobtickets can be resold.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,992 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

8-10 wrote: »
    You realise it's not actually free if you pay a €50 subscription right? You end up paying for it anyway

you realise i signed up to the website. the album and book were a bonus.
    I was wondering if it would have been possible to get anything other than the MGZ tickets in the pre-sale? Did anybody manage to get seated tickets, for example?

Are they sending out tickets or do we get them on the night?

you clicked the wrong link!
    there were two options for each night, one for regular tickets, being standing and seating
    other link was only for the real expensice maniac tickets!... sounds to me like that was the link you clicked, which is why that was all you were offered!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,992 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

Both nights are pretty much the same bar 4 or 5 songs
    starWave wrote: »
    I though the concept was an innocence stage and an experience stage, and they switch halfway through.

yea, the initial idea was different. i wasn't sure how the shows have been played out though. seems as if they have changed the early plans as they went along

http://www.billboard.com/articles/news/6334847/u2-innocence-experience-tour-dates-2015
    The tour will also be conceptually unique in terms of the music. Routing shows that the cities are all booked in multiples of two dates in each market, which is no accident. Though the concept is being refined, it is believed that the band will be performing two different shows in each market on consecutive nights, built around the "innocence + experience" theme. That said, all tickets will be sold as individual night tickets, with no package deals.
    “We are going to try to have a completely different feeling from night one to night two,” said Bono speaking about the concerts, “and have some fun playing with the idea of innocence and experience. More to be revealed!”

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

So this may be a stupid question but let me as it anyway: what's the best thing to do to try to guarantee getting any tickets on Monday morning? My girlfriend is a massive U2 fan - I've been promising her for ages I'll bring her to U2 when they come to Dublin - she'll be devastated if I dont get tickets. I don't care which ones I just have to get a pair for us. I have not used ticketmaster in a long time but the site is a pain from what I remember.

I assume the world and its mother will be signing on Monday morning - is it just a matter of luck? Is there a particular ticket you'll have a better chance of getting than others? Are there way more standing than the rest? I'd prefer not to have to buy the super expensive ones - cheapo would be fine! Which day will be least popular or does it matter?

Do you need to be logged in to the site with your card details already saved - I updated my profile just in case. Is it worth having a few friends beside you all trying?

• Advertisement

Zascar wrote: »
    So this may be a stupid question but let me as it anyway: what's the best thing to do to try to guarantee getting any tickets on Monday morning? My girlfriend is a massive U2 fan - I've been promising her for ages I'll bring her to U2 when they come to Dublin - she'll be devastated if I dont get tickets. I don't care which ones I just have to get a pair for us. I have not used ticketmaster in a long time but the site is a pain from what I remember.

I assume the world and its mother will be signing on Monday morning - is it just a matter of luck? Is there a particular ticket you'll have a better chance of getting than others? Are there way more standing than the rest? I'd prefer not to have to buy the super expensive ones - cheapo would be fine!

Do you need to be logged in to the site with your card details already saved - I updated my profile just in case. Is it worth having a few friends beside you all trying?

Log into your Ticketmaster a/c well before 9 and make sure your card details are correct on your a/c.If your not too pushed on what night you want,i would try for the Tuesday (24th) because the demand will be bigger for the opening night and the Friday and Saturday nights.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,029 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Zascar wrote: »

I assume the world and its mother will be signing on Monday morning - is it just a matter of luck? Is there a particular ticket you'll have a better chance of getting than others? Are there way more standing than the rest? I'd prefer not to have to buy the super expensive ones - cheapo would be fine! Which day will be least popular or does it matter?

I would say that the very best way of getting tickets would be to get to the 3Arena super-early and queue for the standing tickets available.

However, nobody knows how many tickets are available as they've mentioned that they're limited. Further, they're not selling seated tickets on the door, so that limits what's available even more. And then if those tickets sell out, you've definitely missed buying them online. So unless you can get in early and guarantee that you're really far up the queue for buying tickets, it's probably too risky. Definitely the best way if all the stars align but it's a very risky approach if some variant fails.

If you're buying online, make sure you have your credit card details updated as you have and are logged in etc. Also make sure that you remember your Verified by Visa (or Mastercard Secure thing) password. I've seen people before forget that password and lose their seats.

In terms of nights, the Saturday will be far and above the most popular, followed by Friday. I can't imagine the Monday and Tuesday will be nearly as in demand but given that it's already SO in demand, they'll be still super hard to get tickets for, but not as hard as the weekend shows I'd imagine.

And if you can get more people to try and get tickets for you, all the better. Just make sure you don't accidentally buy too many tickets (if you've a few people trying to buy) past your 'limit' and have them cancelled.

Hope that helps :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,029 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

On a side note, does anyone know what the deal is now when tickets go on sale on Ticketmaster?

It used to be a case of pressing F5 as close to 9am as possible so the page reloads with tickets on sale.

I know TM now have the countdown timer to sale, so is it better/wiser/useful to still press F5 as close to 9am as possible or does the page instantly reload with tickets available. A couple of gigs I've bought tickets for I've felt like when the countdown hits zero, the page does nothing so I hit F5 (usually out of panic) but would be interested to know if any knows the exact deal with it.

Its all a bit vague to be honest.

The initial official announcement said "2 tickets per person / transaction".
    The later U2 news article says "Tickets for the Irish shows go on sale at 9am on Monday 14th September, will be limited to 2 per purchaser".
    ​Ticketmaster says "There will be a ticket limit of 2 tickets per person, per card and postal address.
    Multiple bookings may be cancelled."
    SSE Arena website says "Ticket limit 2 per transaction" which is more like the first one again,but these tickets are sold on site so 2 is the most you will get.
    3 Arena website says "2 per purchaser" again.

I rang Ticketmaster yesterday ,and spoke with 2 different agents and they told me that it was a maximum of 2 tickets per person/card/address across all 4 nights.
    Anymore would be cancelled.
    So If you bought 2 tickets for Friday and 2 for Saturday ,your tickets would be cancelled.

U2.com have handled this whole issue very poorly .

• Registered Users Posts: 4,037 ✭✭✭lukin

I would like to buy four tickets so I have created two accounts on ticketmaster. They are linked to two different cards (a VISA and a Mastercard) but the billing address is the same for both.
    Does this mean I will be prevented from buying four? If I change the billing address for one account will that get around it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭nxbyveromdwjpg

lukin wrote: »
    I would like to buy four tickets so I have created two accounts on ticketmaster. They are linked to two different cards (a VISA and a Mastercard) but the billing address is the same for both.
    Does this mean I will be prevented from buying four? If I change the billing address for one account will that get around it?

Use two different browsers on the morning they go on sale. I don't think the address will come into it (esp with paperless tickets).

• Registered Users Posts: 4,037 ✭✭✭lukin

Use two different browsers on the morning they go on sale. I don't think the address will come into it (esp with paperless tickets).

Yeah I was thinking that, I'll use Chrome for one and Firefox for the other. I doubt if there would be some algorithm in the background to check the address.

kennyu272 wrote: »
    The E33 seats are located directly facing the stage but up at the back.When the screen comes down to walkway level you won't be able to see the main stage or band (because they will be performing from inside the screen).Plus you won't see any visuals on the screen when its in its normal position.
    id say those 33.50 tickets are not really worth getting tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭horseburger

Nunu wrote: »
    2 tickets per postal address is ridiculous. There's 7 people in our household and 6 want to go. I'll be trying on my card for 2 and likewise 2 other cards will be trying for 2 each. So, this is breaking the rules?

I'm not trying to argue against that, or catch anyone out.

I was suggesting that MisterAnarchy's response and quote from Ticketmaster, sounded like he had sought further clarification, and MisterAnarchy has since indicated that he rang Ticketmaster and spoke to two different agents about the issue.

It was a clearer text, than that on ticketmaster's FAQ's.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37 rockey4215

Just say I purchase paperless tickets with my card, and I somehow end up losing my card before the event and subsequently have to have it cancelled, is there any way to transfer the purchase onto the new card, or would I be screwed? Obviously I have no plans to lose my card, just a hypothetical scenario.

Advertisement