Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

U2 Innocence & Experience Tour 2015 (Dublin and Belfast gigs confirmed, post #275)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭cathalj

I really hope we are all overthinking this 2 ticket limit thing. A limit on the number of tickets per show is commonplace , whereas I have never heard of a limit per run of shows.

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭TOPDAWG2.0

Anyone know if there's a queue started already at 3 arena and if so how it's looking?
    Also any idea what security they're gonna have in place at it to stop queue hoppers etc?

• Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭cathalj

TOPDAWG2.0 wrote: »
    Anyone know if there's a queue started already at 3 arena and if so how it's looking?
    Also any idea what security they're gonna have in place at it to stop queue hoppers etc?

It says on website that queuing is only allowed after 6pm today. I queued through the night at the then Point Depot for the Lovetown tour in 1989 (yeah I know its a long time ago !) It was a great night, well marshalled and organised in the carpark, and they played U2 music all night. Go for it !!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

I saw around 8 people outside around 17,30.
    There's a chip van parked up outside the arena tonight to cater for the queue, as no other gig on ! :D

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

Thanks for the advice.
    And if you can get more people to try and get tickets for you, all the better. Just make sure you don't accidentally buy too many tickets (if you've a few people trying to buy) past your 'limit' and have them cancelled.

Thanks. So can I log others in on the website with my same details or will this not work?

I have several credit cards so should I get them to register other accounts with my name?

I only want two tickets so if I'm successful in one that will do me :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭cruhoortwunk

MOD: can we merge the 2 U2 threads?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭cruhoortwunk

MOD: can we merge the 2 U2 threads?

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭JackMcA

should all 4 dates sell out in the morning?

• Registered Users Posts: 489 ✭✭Pinkman

Has it been confirmed that the limit of 2 tickets for is all the gigs and not just one? Wanted to go to two nights but if it 2 tickets per card/address than it's not possible unless someone else books the tickets? Seems a bit mad considering so many U2 fans would want to go to multiple nights.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,384 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

JackMcA wrote: »
    should all 4 dates sell out in the morning?

Yes

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,029 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Zascar wrote: »
    Thanks for the advice.

Thanks. So can I log others in on the website with my same details or will this not work?

I have several credit cards so should I get them to register other accounts with my name?

I only want two tickets so if I'm successful in one that will do me :)

No problem at all.

If I guessing, I'd say you'd be ok logging in with the same log-in on different computers as it's not one of those websites where I'd imagine multiple log-ins is a problem.

For safety though, maybe just register a few different accounts with different e-mail addresses and give each of your friends a set log-in/credit card combo. Just in case ticketmaster throws a wobbler. Given the traffic expected on that website tomorrow, best be gentle with their poor site. Haha.

But just be careful that your constantly in contact with them so you don't end up buying past the limit. I don't know if they would ACTUALLY be cancelled but best not risk it.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

Pinkman wrote: »
    Has it been confirmed that the limit of 2 tickets for is all the gigs and not just one? Wanted to go to two nights but if it 2 tickets per card/address than it's not possible unless someone else books the tickets? Seems a bit mad considering so many U2 fans would want to go to multiple nights.

Considering how many people are wanting to go to this - its hardly mad to think they want to cater for as many people as possible. You going to two nights means someone else doesn't get to go at all...

Zascar wrote: »
    Considering how many people are wanting to go to this - its hardly mad to think they want to cater for as many people as possible. You going to two nights means someone else doesn't get to go at all...

Exactly. And given the demand for tickets, it's one of the only ways to reduce touting. Tickets are ALREADY on Seatwave for €400 upwards and that's just the "real fans" who had pre-sale codes by being part of the fan club. Imagine if people were allowed by the usual 8 tickets.

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭JohnPPP

I'm not sure i know my verified by visa password. And of course there's no way to check without making a purchase. F**k

JohnPPP wrote: »
    I'm not sure i know my verified by visa password. And of course there's no way to check without making a purchase. F**k

Go onto your banks website, most of them have a section for changing your VbV details. Mine's with PTSB and they have one on their website.

Go onto your banks website, most of them have a section for changing your VbV details. Mine's with PTSB and they have one on their website.

BOI don't seem to

Oh, so it's only standing tickets where you need to being the card you used to purchase tickets and ID, right? Seating tickets will actually be sent out to you and that's it, right?

JohnPPP wrote: »
    Oh, so it's only standing tickets where you need to being the card you used to purchase tickets and ID, right? Seating tickets will actually be sent out to you and that's it, right?

Yep

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭johnpatrick81

Did anyone who got the presale tickets on Thursday have the amount taken from their account yet?

I checked my bank account and nothing shows yet for ticketmaster. I logged into ticketmaster and the order is still there and seems fine. How come they haven't taken the amount yet?:confused:

Was at the gig last night in Amsterdam, totally amazing. They're on top form. The setup is incredible.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,389 ✭✭✭NachoBusiness

Shedite27 wrote: »
    What are you suggesting? that because you once went to a U2 gig 30 years ago you deserve to be given tickets this time?

They said nothing of the sort.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭TOPDAWG2.0

Down here at the 3 arena now. My fiancee started queueing at 10pm, only 40 approx ahead of her. I took over at midnight.

Soon after we were allowed inside the arena, up on first floor by the shop. We were all given wristbands and were told we were guaranteed tickets, I'll believe the guarantee when I've the ticket confirmation in me hand!

Security have said more people will be left in later when the queue increases.

We were also handed this flyer outside.
    So far it's all being run very well here!!!

TOPDAWG2.0 wrote: »
    Down here at the 3 arena now. My fiancee started queueing at 10pm, only 40 approx ahead of her. I took over at midnight.

Soon after we were allowed inside the arena, up on first floor by the shop. We were all given wristbands and were told we were guaranteed tickets, I'll believe the guarantee when I've the ticket confirmation in me hand!

Security have said more people will be left in later when the queue increases.

We were also handed this flyer outside.
    So far it's all being run very well here!!!

Fair play to them for opening up the venue and bringing you inside. I know people would say it's the least they could do, but they really could have just not bothered.

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭deeroy12

Did anyone who got the presale tickets on Thursday have the amount taken from their account yet?

I checked my bank account and nothing shows yet for ticketmaster. I logged into ticketmaster and the order is still there and seems fine. How come they haven't taken the amount yet?:confused:

Was at the gig last night in Amsterdam, totally amazing. They're on top form. The setup is incredible.

Theres been a lot asking bout this.Apparently it takes up to 3 days 2clear with ur bank.My debit card says example i have 600e in my account but i have only 445e available funds.

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭lambayire

How far in advance of 9am does the virtual queue thingy begin?

The big question is.... F5, or let it refresh itself? (does that happen??)

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭lambayire

Once you are in the virtual queue do not F5.

That much I am sure of.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭nxbyveromdwjpg

lambayire wrote: »
    How far in advance of 9am does the virtual queue thingy begin?

It doesn't. It's a free for all at 9. You can be there from 7am or 08:58, won't make any difference.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,861 ✭✭✭Mr.H

Any idea how much the GA tickets will be if we are lucky enough to get our hands on them? Will they be the cheaper end of the price range or the more expensive??

I know usually its cheaper but with the show in question...............??

lambayire wrote: »
    Once you are in the virtual queue do not F5.

That much I am sure of.

But that's once the tickets have been selected?
    What I mean is, once the timer clock goes down on the page, does the selection page auto load, or do you need to f5?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,733 ✭✭✭delbertgrady

rockey4215 wrote: »
    Just say I purchase paperless tickets with my card, and I somehow end up losing my card before the event and subsequently have to have it cancelled, is there any way to transfer the purchase onto the new card, or would I be screwed? Obviously I have no plans to lose my card, just a hypothetical scenario.

You just present the e-mail confirmation and explain your original card was lost/stolen in the interim. You won't have any issue gaining admittance with a new card with your name on it, plus photo ID, plus the e-mail.

2024 Gigs and Events: David Suchet, Depeche Mode, Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark, The Smile, Pixies, Liam Gallagher John Squire/Jake Bugg, Kacey Musgraves (x2), Olivia Rodrigo, Mitski, Muireann Bradley, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Eric Clapton, Girls Aloud, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Rewind Festival, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Henry Winkler, P!nk, Pearl Jam/Richard Ashcroft, Taylor Swift/Paramore, Suede/Manic Street Preachers, Muireann Bradley, AC/DC, Deacon Blue/Altered Images, The The, blink-182, Coldplay, Gilbert O'Sullivan, Nick Lowe, David Gilmour, ABBA Voyage, St. Vincent, Public Service Broadcasting, Crash Test Dummies, Cassandra Jenkins.

2025 Gigs and Events: Billie Eilish (x2)

Advertisement