Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

U2 Innocence & Experience Tour 2015 (Dublin and Belfast gigs confirmed, post #275)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭messrs

got 2 standing tickets for the sat night straight away :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6 dan_kel

I ended up getting two €33 tickets for the Tuesday night in Section D. Whats the catch? It's in the centre of the arena on front of the ramp. Will the view be massively restricted? Its seems to good to be true.

Tue Night, standing. Delighted

• Registered Users Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭messrs

Got 2 standing tickets for Sat straight away - only 2 mins in Q

sit was crashing initially but once I logged on again it was fine

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭johnpatrick81

but1er wrote: »
    I paid 77 euro for two tickets in block d back row 32! No warning of restricted viewing so it be interesting to see on the night

If the stage setup is as expected then you definitely have a restricted view. They do have a mini screen on the end of the massive 1 so u won't be totally blind, and you'll also have a great view of the e stage when the screen is high up so it's a pretty good ticket when ya look at the price!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭nxbyveromdwjpg

dan_kel wrote: »
    I ended up getting two €33 tickets for the Tuesday night in Section D. Whats the catch? It's in the centre of the arena on front of the ramp. Will the view be massively restricted? Its seems to good to be true.

Yes it's weird, I was offered and took Block K just off centre, €105 a ticket and then 10 minutes later was offered Block P which on the map seems not as good (way off to the side) for €190 a ticket ?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,733 ✭✭✭delbertgrady

The angle will probably be too acute to get the full effect of the screens, but I wouldn't worry about it. Depending on where your specific seats are, that's a great price for Block D, in terms of seeing the band on the main stages.

2024 Gigs and Events: David Suchet, Depeche Mode, Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark, The Smile, Pixies, Liam Gallagher John Squire/Jake Bugg, Kacey Musgraves (x2), Olivia Rodrigo, Mitski, Muireann Bradley, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Eric Clapton, Girls Aloud, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Rewind Festival, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Henry Winkler, P!nk, Pearl Jam/Richard Ashcroft, Taylor Swift/Paramore, Suede/Manic Street Preachers, Muireann Bradley, AC/DC, Deacon Blue/Altered Images, The The, blink-182, Coldplay, Gilbert O'Sullivan, Nick Lowe, David Gilmour, ABBA Voyage, St. Vincent, Public Service Broadcasting, Crash Test Dummies, Cassandra Jenkins.

2025 Gigs and Events: Billie Eilish (x2)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

Block D, row 22, dead centre... €33 each and no warning of restricted viewing.

Should I be expecting to not see the screen at all?

I don't mind anyway, this is about the only way I could ever afford to see them in this type of venue!

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭floyd333

Got 2 seated tickets for Saturday night.

Was waiting 20 mins.

I'd prefer to be standing but sitting will do

• Registered Users Posts: 853 ✭✭✭polydactyl

That was weirdly successful. Four of us trying for two tickets for my OH and we ended up with 6. 4 standing and two seated. Our friends are going to love us. There was no problem getting Tuesday tickets

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 36 jennnn

Everyone waiting- stick it out! I'm trying and in queues on three diff devices and my bf is one minute away from the top. Whichever of us gets them first will and we get out of all queues.

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭MML

Pinkman wrote: »
    Has it been confirmed that the limit of 2 tickets for is all the gigs and not just one? Wanted to go to two nights but if it 2 tickets per card/address than it's not possible unless someone else books the tickets? Seems a bit mad considering so many U2 fans would want to go to multiple nights.

Anyone know what the story is if you get tickets for both Belfast and Dublin? Will one transaction be cancelled?

• Registered Users Posts: 692 ✭✭✭aristotle25

What seat numbers? I don't think there are any restricted views in Block D. Could be just a fantastic deal you managed to get by some glitch in the ticketing system.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭johnpatrick81

If the screen is perpendicular to the main stage then you guys in D will not see it at all. You will also have some of the main stage view blocked when the screen is lowered. There is a mini screen so ye will see those bits on yer own little private screen so it ain't all bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭bennyl10

2 33eur for monday.. block D.. limited view of screen, but feck it, cant exactly be too bad in block D!!

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

Wohoo I got them! Cost me over €100 each but at least I wont get killed when I go home...

• Registered Users Posts: 692 ✭✭✭aristotle25

Block D, row 22, dead centre... €33 each and no warning of restricted viewing.

Should I be expecting to not see the screen at all?

I don't mind anyway, this is about the only way I could ever afford to see them in this type of venue!

Could be that you cant see the B stage from there. Would be too big a deal as they only do a few songs from there.

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭lambayire

If the stage setup is as expected then you definitely have a restricted view. They do have a mini screen on the end of the massive 1 so u won't be totally blind, and you'll also have a great view of the e stage when the screen is high up so it's a pretty good ticket when ya look at the price!!

Yep, that's what I figured. Cheers for that

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭ashdale5

So that 4 minutes hasn't moved yet

• Registered Users Posts: 4,037 ✭✭✭lukin

I got two for the Monday and two for the Saturday but for the Saturday I think I made a cock-up as it says on my order "Student ticket". I am not a student so does this mean a student ID is required along with the ticket on Saturday to get in?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭WeleaseWoderick

Got 2 standing for Tuesday night! Delighted!

• Registered Users Posts: 633 ✭✭✭augusta24

All gone as far as I can see... Had two people trying on three different devices all waiting ready at 9 but no luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,460 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

what's the paperless thing about then?
    I have 2 lots of 2 bought for the same night, do I have to show them my phone?

edit: found it

A Paperless Ticket event is when the Credit Card that was used at the time of booking to purchase tickets is used as the customer's ticket/entry into the event.

You will not receive physical paper tickets for Paperless Ticket events. Instead of going to the venue's Box Office, you simply go direct to the door, present a valid photo ID (such as a driver's license or passport) and swipe the credit card that was used to purchase entry to the event. Your entire party must enter the venue at the same time with the valid credit card and the tickets are non-transferable.

Virtual credit card users: please do not use virtual credit card account numbers for Paperless Ticket purchases as you must present the physical credit card at the time of entry.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 jennnn

Got two standing for Tuesday night. Had a third student one in the end but gave it up. I expected that to be a lot more stressful. Time to start getting excited! Hope everyone here got what they wanted.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,622 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

I paid 77 euro for two tickets in block d back row 32! No warning of restricted viewing so it be interesting to see on the night

I got 2 in Block D Row 31 but it did say on all pages it was restricted view.
    Have to say that was the easiest way ever of getting tickets for a gig like this.
    2 per person is the way forward, makes it easier for everyone to get them and avoid touts.
    Tried for both €70 & €33 but no complaints at the price.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,733 ✭✭✭delbertgrady

lukin wrote: »
    I got two for the Monday and two for the Saturday but for the Saturday I think I made a cock-up as it says on my order "Student ticket". I am not a student so does this mean a student ID is required along with the ticket on Saturday to get in?

Yes it does.

2024 Gigs and Events: David Suchet, Depeche Mode, Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark, The Smile, Pixies, Liam Gallagher John Squire/Jake Bugg, Kacey Musgraves (x2), Olivia Rodrigo, Mitski, Muireann Bradley, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Eric Clapton, Girls Aloud, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Rewind Festival, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Henry Winkler, P!nk, Pearl Jam/Richard Ashcroft, Taylor Swift/Paramore, Suede/Manic Street Preachers, Muireann Bradley, AC/DC, Deacon Blue/Altered Images, The The, blink-182, Coldplay, Gilbert O'Sullivan, Nick Lowe, David Gilmour, ABBA Voyage, St. Vincent, Public Service Broadcasting, Crash Test Dummies, Cassandra Jenkins.

2025 Gigs and Events: Billie Eilish (x2)

• Registered Users Posts: 6 dan_kel

What seat numbers? I don't think there are any restricted views in Block D. Could be just a fantastic deal you managed to get by some glitch in the ticketing system.

I'm in Row 26, near the aisle beside Section E. It's 111 and 112. Either way I'm delighted with those prices.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,032 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

ashdale5 wrote: »
    Strange that there's no iOS app seeing as though the band got in to bed with Apple for the album launch.

There is a Ticketmaster app for iOS. It's usually easier using it than the website, much quicker to get tickets too.

Sounds like it was a bit slow for today thought.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,359 ✭✭✭✭8-10

Kicked out of the queue after 20mins, went back in for 10mins then got the sorry not available notice.

Devastating

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,597 ✭✭✭irish_stevo815

Originally tried for Friday, got offered 2 seating tickets for €191 each...I wasnt gonna pay nearly 400 quid.........ended up with 2 for Monday night instead, Block M @ €101 each instead...happy days

Advertisement