Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

U2 Innocence & Experience Tour 2015 (Dublin and Belfast gigs confirmed, post #275)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 600 ✭✭✭PurplePrincess

logged in before 9, 17mins in the queue for tue night and got no tickets remaining. My mother is going to kill me :-(

When do the paperless tickets get sent out?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,037 ✭✭✭lukin

Yes it does.

S***e, no good to me so. That must have been all that was available.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,622 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

I got two for the Monday and two for the Saturday

If they were on the same account, you could well get both sets of tickets cancelled.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,100 ✭✭✭eviltimeban

Originally tried for Friday, got offered 2 seating tickets for €191 each...I wasnt gonna pay nearly 400 quid.........ended up with 2 for Monday night instead, Block M @ €101 each instead...happy days

I had the same - front row balcony, €191 each, had selected two and couldn't go back to change it. F**k that, it's crazy money.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,733 ✭✭✭delbertgrady

Skerries wrote: »
    what's the paperless thing about then?
    I have 2 lots of 2 bought for the same night, do I have to show them my phone?

You bring along the credit card that you used to make the purchases, along with photo ID. They scan the card on the night and it allows you access.

2024 Gigs and Events: David Suchet, Depeche Mode, Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark, The Smile, Pixies, Liam Gallagher John Squire/Jake Bugg, Kacey Musgraves (x2), Olivia Rodrigo, Mitski, Muireann Bradley, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Eric Clapton, Girls Aloud, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Rewind Festival, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Henry Winkler, P!nk, Pearl Jam/Richard Ashcroft, Taylor Swift/Paramore, Suede/Manic Street Preachers, Muireann Bradley, AC/DC, Deacon Blue/Altered Images, The The, blink-182, Coldplay, Gilbert O'Sullivan, Nick Lowe, David Gilmour, ABBA Voyage, St. Vincent, Public Service Broadcasting, Crash Test Dummies, Cassandra Jenkins.

2025 Gigs and Events: Billie Eilish (x2)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭nxbyveromdwjpg

okidoki987 wrote: »
    If they were on the same account, you could well get both sets of tickets cancelled.

Not going to happen

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭EnergyPro

Skerries wrote:
    what's the paperless thing about then? I have 2 lots of 2 bought, do I have to show them my phone?

Pretty sure it means you can't sell them on, you need your credit card to get in

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭nxbyveromdwjpg

When do the paperless tickets get sent out?

ha ha, i presume that's a joke

• Registered Users Posts: 489 ✭✭Pinkman

I was queuing on three devices for 25 minutes and no tickets available. How did people get tickets so easily?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 288 ✭✭ken76

I messed up i got U2 iNNOCENCE + eXPERIENCE Tour 2015 - Student Tickets . I got 2 student tickets im not a student will i still be able to get in?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,111 ✭✭✭lucylu

On ticketmaster app got 2 tickets 185 each.. Went to put in 3 digit credit card security number and I kept getting an error to say the server was down so could not purchase them and I was then kicked out... no U2 for me .. I have seen them in all their last 5 tours ..sickened

• Registered Users Posts: 4,037 ✭✭✭lukin

okidoki987 wrote: »

Nah they were on different accounts. I don't know how it happened. I definitely selected General Admission standing. The student option seemed to appear without me doing anything?

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Latte1

Stuck on four minutes for the last 20 mins. Out of luck

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭johnpatrick81

Jaysus, looks like even the €280 music generation tickets are gone!:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 19,657 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Made the mistake of going down to my local barbers shop which is also a Ticketmaster agent. Was there at 8.55am waiting, for nothing. He didnt even bother his hole opening up=(

lukin wrote: »
    S***e, no good to me so. That must have been all that was available.

You could plead your case and say it was a legitimate mistake, which it was. I think the price difference is nominal anyway. The countdown was so brief, anyone could fail to see something like that. It wasn't helped by their listing all the options in blue hyperlinks down the side of the order screen. Anyone could click on one of those in error and end up in the student option without realising.

2024 Gigs and Events: David Suchet, Depeche Mode, Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark, The Smile, Pixies, Liam Gallagher John Squire/Jake Bugg, Kacey Musgraves (x2), Olivia Rodrigo, Mitski, Muireann Bradley, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Eric Clapton, Girls Aloud, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Rewind Festival, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Henry Winkler, P!nk, Pearl Jam/Richard Ashcroft, Taylor Swift/Paramore, Suede/Manic Street Preachers, Muireann Bradley, AC/DC, Deacon Blue/Altered Images, The The, blink-182, Coldplay, Gilbert O'Sullivan, Nick Lowe, David Gilmour, ABBA Voyage, St. Vincent, Public Service Broadcasting, Crash Test Dummies, Cassandra Jenkins.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 luckycat007

I snagged two nose bleed seats in block m, towards the back, around the middle of the block.. for the Sat night show. I'm happy with this, just hope it's offset from center enough to see the screen & stage OK. Was also offered block H for another night, at the 191 price, on Tues, decided for the Sat show.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,861 ✭✭✭Mr.H

Im confused. I thought I had standing tickets but when I checked my "ordered tickets" I see

Section GA3
    Row G9
    Seats 53 - 54

Yet it says

Type Full Price Standing Ticket (Paperless Delivery)

Even my email says its paperless which I thought was only standing tickets?

Anyone have any idea what that means or where I would find out?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

Muahahaha wrote: »
    Made the mistake of going down to my local barbers shop which is also a Ticketmaster agent. Was there at 8.55am waiting, for nothing. He didnt even bother his hole opening up=(

they were online on sale online or from the 3Arena.

• Advertisement

ken76 wrote: »
    I messed up i got U2 iNNOCENCE + eXPERIENCE Tour 2015 - Student Tickets . I got 2 student tickets im not a student will i still be able to get in?

You would both need to show valid student ID on the night.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,695 ✭✭✭Chivito550

ken76 wrote: »

I also have student tickets for the Monday and for the Saturday. For the Monday it was the only option that popped up so I went for it, as I can still get a student card (even though I don't currently have one), but for the Saturday I selected full price and I still got student. But the price for student is the exact same as the full price, so I assume this is a glitch?

Has this happened to others too?

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭ashdale5

There has to be more dates added here surely?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,032 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Skerries wrote: »
    what's the paperless thing about then?
    I have 2 lots of 2 bought for the same night, do I have to show them my phone?

edit: found it

A Paperless Ticket event is when the Credit Card that was used at the time of booking to purchase tickets is used as the customer's ticket/entry into the event.

You will not receive physical paper tickets for Paperless Ticket events. Instead of going to the venue's Box Office, you simply go direct to the door, present a valid photo ID (such as a driver's license or passport) and swipe the credit card that was used to purchase entry to the event. Your entire party must enter the venue at the same time with the valid credit card and the tickets are non-transferable.

Virtual credit card users: please do not use virtual credit card account numbers for Paperless Ticket purchases as you must present the physical credit card at the time of entry.

Two lots of two paperless tickets on the same night would make me think one set would be cancelled or invalid...

• Registered Users Posts: 831 ✭✭✭CFC007

Anyone who bought the €33 tickets do realise that these are student tickets which need a valid student id on the night. Probably best to call ticketmaster for a refund if don't meet the criteria.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,861 ✭✭✭Mr.H

Im just glad I was stuck in a moment that I could get out of.......................................

(I feel ill after making that joke)

• Registered Users Posts: 36 jennnn

lukin wrote: »
    Nah they were on different accounts. I don't know how it happened. I definitely selected General Admission standing. The student option seemed to appear without me doing anything?

The student tickets were in a separate area to buy. I think it was Generation Zone, Student, Ultimate package (or something like that), Travel and General. Student tickets were standing only and no cheaper than other standing ones. I clicked on Student on one device and general on the other.

ha ha, i presume that's a joke

Not really, I just got a receipt, and assume I'll get an email with a barcode at some stage.
    Just wondering how it works, as I've always asked for parer tickets before.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 288 ✭✭ken76

Chivito550 wrote: »
    I also have student tickets for the Monday and for the Saturday. For the Monday it was the only option that popped up so I went for it, as I can still get a student card (even though I don't currently have one), but for the Saturday I selected full price and I still got student. But the price for student is the exact same as the full price, so I assume this is a glitch?

Has this happened to others too?

I dont have a student card i paid €155.10 for two tickets, it only showed as student after I completed the order

• Advertisement

Mr.H wrote: »
    Im confused. I thought I had standing tickets but when I checked my "ordered tickets" I see

Section GA3
    Row G9
    Seats 53 - 54

Yet it says

Type Full Price Standing Ticket (Paperless Delivery)

Even my email says its paperless which I thought was only standing tickets?

Anyone have any idea what that means or where I would find out?

This question always comes up. Those numbers mean nothing. They're just reference numbers. You're general admission, ground floor standing. They are not "seats"; they are just ticket references. It just defaults to that description for display purposes.

Advertisement