Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

U2 Innocence & Experience Tour 2015 (Dublin and Belfast gigs confirmed, post #275)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,032 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Mr.H wrote: »
    Im confused. I thought I had standing tickets but when I checked my "ordered tickets" I see

Section GA3
    Row G9
    Seats 53 - 54

Yet it says

Type Full Price Standing Ticket (Paperless Delivery)

Even my email says its paperless which I thought was only standing tickets?

Anyone have any idea what that means or where I would find out?

GA is standing, it means "General Admission" tickets.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,494 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

ken76 wrote: »
    I dont have a student card i paid €155.10 for two tickets, it only showed as student after I completed the order

Someone might swap with you

• Registered Users Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭CarrickMcJoe

Theres still Belfast tickets available.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭KillerShamrock

How many of these "sold out " tickets will end up on one of a few of the sister sites of the monopoly holding site that tries to fight touts by limiting tickets and going paperless and what not.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,861 ✭✭✭Mr.H

Thanks guys I assumed it was just for ticket number purposes but wanted to make sure. Anyway onto getting ripped off for a hotel now :D

I hope most of ye on here got tickets

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭SouthTippBass

Why is it I can be online at 09:00 with four tabs open trying to get any ticket available and still be unsuccessful? Was the same with AC/DC, **** you ticketmaster. Back to sleep now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭nxbyveromdwjpg

Skerries wrote: »
    what's the paperless thing about then?
    I have 2 lots of 2 bought for the same night, do I have to show them my phone?

edit: found it

A Paperless Ticket event is when the Credit Card that was used at the time of booking to purchase tickets is used as the customer's ticket/entry into the event.

You will not receive physical paper tickets for Paperless Ticket events. Instead of going to the venue's Box Office, you simply go direct to the door, present a valid photo ID (such as a driver's license or passport) and swipe the credit card that was used to purchase entry to the event. Your entire party must enter the venue at the same time with the valid credit card and the tickets are non-transferable.

Virtual credit card users: please do not use virtual credit card account numbers for Paperless Ticket purchases as you must present the physical credit card at the time of entry.

I think you'll need to swipe the card on entry, like you do when going into the cinema.

Interesting to find out if your 4 tickets will then be produced from the machine or how that'll work with the 2 per card rule.

I assume you used the same card for all 4?

• Registered Users Posts: 790 ✭✭✭SQ2

Any official sold out notice yet? Stuck on 3 mins or less for over 15 min now on the Tuesday...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,695 ✭✭✭Chivito550

ken76 wrote: »
    I dont have a student card i paid €155.10 for two tickets, it only showed as student after I completed the order

Yep, that's what happened for me. 155.10 for each night. That's the price of the full ticket. Makes no sense why student would be same price. Pain in the ass if I have to go get a student card for this when the price is the same, and having to make sure the person who comes with me is also a student.

Latte1 wrote: »
    Stuck on four minutes for the last 20 mins. Out of luck

You never know. I got told 4 or 5 times that there were no tickets left.
    Being a stubborn mule, I kept searching again and eventually got two seated tickets (not the insanely expensive ones). May as well keep trying, nothing to lose other than a half hour or so of a rainy Monday morning!

• Advertisement

Not really, I just got a receipt, and assume I'll get an email with a barcode at some stage.
    Just wondering how it works, as I've always asked for parer tickets before.

I think it's a card swipe at the door

• Registered Users Posts: 2,435 ✭✭✭solerina

Are they all gone ???

• Registered Users Posts: 12,460 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

yeah same card
    is it really a 2 per card rule?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,657 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

ashdale5 wrote: »
    There has to be more dates added here surely?

would like to know this too. If there are dates added will it be this morning or likely later in the week?

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭spaceboy

Just got a standing ticket for Tuesday night. What an ordeal!

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭ashdale5

solerina wrote: »
    Are they all gone ???

I'll tell you in 4 minutes :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,733 ✭✭✭delbertgrady

Skerries wrote: »
    yeah same card
    is it really a 2 per card rule?

Yes, two tickets per card. The only concession (I think) was that people who bought two fanclub presale tickets were also entitled to two public sale tickets, but if you bought two tickets for each of two shows on the public sale, then one pair could be cancelled.

2024 Gigs and Events: David Suchet, Depeche Mode, Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark, The Smile, Pixies, Liam Gallagher John Squire/Jake Bugg, Kacey Musgraves (x2), Olivia Rodrigo, Mitski, Muireann Bradley, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Eric Clapton, Girls Aloud, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Rewind Festival, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Henry Winkler, P!nk, Pearl Jam/Richard Ashcroft, Taylor Swift/Paramore, Suede/Manic Street Preachers, Muireann Bradley, AC/DC, Deacon Blue/Altered Images, The The, blink-182, Coldplay, Gilbert O'Sullivan, Nick Lowe, David Gilmour, ABBA Voyage, St. Vincent, Public Service Broadcasting, Crash Test Dummies, Cassandra Jenkins.

2025 Gigs and Events: Billie Eilish (x2)

jennnn wrote: »
    The student tickets were in a separate area to buy. I think it was Generation Zone, Student, Ultimate package (or something like that), Travel and General. Student tickets were standing only and no cheaper than other standing ones. I clicked on Student on one device and general on the other.

I was on the ticketmaster.co.uk site, it didn't have the splash page that the .ie did separating out the ticket options, just a list of u2 - Dublin and you had to click into each one to find out what you were buying.

In the rush, could definitely see plenty of people picking up the wrong ones that way.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭bennyl10

CFC007 wrote: »
    Anyone who bought the €33 tickets do realise that these are student tickets which need a valid student id on the night. Probably best to call ticketmaster for a refund if don't meet the criteria.

nope, student tickets were paperless standing only! atleast thats what comes up when click on student!

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭Wanderer41

Site crashed when I managed to get tickets and no luck since :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,769 ✭✭✭ablelocks

had option to buy 2 seated tickets in what looked like the top left hand corner area - @ €400! I am a U2 fan, but f*** that.

there were seated platinum tickets available as of a couple of minutes ago - €920 for a pair.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 jennnn

I was on the ticketmaster.co.uk site, it didn't have the splash page that the .ie did separating out the ticket options, just a list of u2 - Dublin and you had to click into each one to find out what you were buying.

In the rush, could definitely see plenty of people picking up the wrong ones that way.

It wasn't blatantly obvious on the .ie one either tbh. I was online at 8.20 making sure I'd the right screens ready to load. Independent.ie are reporting it's sold out, but there are still people in queues.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,069 ✭✭✭Irish Aris

After 4 attempts I managed to get a standing ticket for Monday night.
    Block K - 108 EUR in total.

Looks like the standing went in no time, seating was a bit slower - for Friday it gave the 191 EUR oprtion in Block P which I rejected.

I would have prepared standing but it's better than nothing!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,622 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

Originally Posted by okidoki987 View Post
    If they were on the same account, you could well get both sets of tickets cancelled.
    Not going to happen

Happened to me in the past.
    Bought tickets for a concert some years ago for myself & got extra ones (over the T/M limit) for someone else just after on same account.
    Got an email off them some days later to say as I had exceeded the ticket limit, all the tickets were cancelled.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 288 ✭✭ken76

these are my tickets

Section GA2Row G4 Seats947 - 948

TypeFull Price Standing Ticket (Paperless Delivery)
    Ticket Price€70.45 x 2
    Facility Charge€1.00 x 2
    Service Charge€6.10 x 2

Is this standing or sitting and surly it cant be student prices when order was complete it showed up as student

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭mickyoc85

how strick are they on the door about having a student card do ye all reckon?

I got 2 student standing tickets for the Monday

• Registered Users Posts: 4,037 ✭✭✭lukin

jennnn wrote: »
    The student tickets were in a separate area to buy. I think it was Generation Zone, Student, Ultimate package (or something like that), Travel and General. Student tickets were standing only and no cheaper than other standing ones. I clicked on Student on one device and general on the other.

I was in such a rush I must not have noticed. The two I got for the Monday are OK though so I am not too bothered. It would be great if I could swop the two students tickets for two non-student ones (for any of the other nights) but no chance of that I'd say.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 288 ✭✭ken76

Chivito550 wrote: »
    I also have student tickets for the Monday and for the Saturday. For the Monday it was the only option that popped up so I went for it, as I can still get a student card (even though I don't currently have one), but for the Saturday I selected full price and I still got student. But the price for student is the exact same as the full price, so I assume this is a glitch?

Has this happened to others too?
    mickyoc85 wrote: »
    how strick are they on the door about having a student card do ye all reckon?

I got 2 student standing tickets for the Monday

How much were your student standing tickets?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,733 ✭✭✭delbertgrady

I think it's a card swipe at the door

It is. Paperless tickets are not the same as e-tickets.

2024 Gigs and Events: David Suchet, Depeche Mode, Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark, The Smile, Pixies, Liam Gallagher John Squire/Jake Bugg, Kacey Musgraves (x2), Olivia Rodrigo, Mitski, Muireann Bradley, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Eric Clapton, Girls Aloud, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Rewind Festival, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Henry Winkler, P!nk, Pearl Jam/Richard Ashcroft, Taylor Swift/Paramore, Suede/Manic Street Preachers, Muireann Bradley, AC/DC, Deacon Blue/Altered Images, The The, blink-182, Coldplay, Gilbert O'Sullivan, Nick Lowe, David Gilmour, ABBA Voyage, St. Vincent, Public Service Broadcasting, Crash Test Dummies, Cassandra Jenkins.

2025 Gigs and Events: Billie Eilish (x2)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,695 ✭✭✭Chivito550

How come standing student tickets are the same price as full priced standing tickets? Can't be right.

Advertisement