Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

U2 Innocence & Experience Tour 2015 (Dublin and Belfast gigs confirmed, post #275)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭Newuser12345

Bought student tickets by accident, will try tomorrow to get a refund

• Registered Users Posts: 7,695 ✭✭✭Chivito550

ken76 wrote: »
    How much were your student standing tickets?

70.45 each. Paid 155.10 in total for 2 tickets, including the extras.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 dan_kel

Chivito550 wrote: »
    How come standing student tickets are the same price as full priced standing tickets? Can't be right.

To guarantee that students get to go? I assume it's the reason they may be strict on showing tickets.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 288 ✭✭ken76

Will have to ring ticketmaster today

• Registered Users Posts: 4,037 ✭✭✭lukin

okidoki987 wrote: »
    Happened to me in the past.
    Bought tickets for a concert some years ago for myself & got extra ones (over the T/M limit) for someone else just after on same account.
    Got an email off them some days later to say as I had exceeded the ticket limit, all the tickets were cancelled.

I bought two for Monday and two for Saturday (the student ones). They were bought on separate accounts but charged to the same card so am I at risk of having all my tickets cancelled?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,692 ✭✭✭flangemeistro

Couldn't believe it lads, I got knocked back firstly after being greedy and only ticking the €33 one but I persisted and ticked upto the €101 and got two in Block C for only €155 on the Saturday!!!!!!!!!!!
    Couldn't believe it and with only 40 seconds left on the clock it was serious squeaky bum time.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

All you lucky ticket holders, radio Nova playing loads of quality U2 stuff this morning.

Bad live on at the moment , best U2 song ever imo.

http://www.nova.ie/wp-content/radio-players/listen-live.php

• Registered Users Posts: 10,622 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

Just send Ticketmaster a mail and ask them to transfer them to adult tickets.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,460 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

Yes, two tickets per card. The only concession (I think) was that people who bought two fanclub presale tickets were also entitled to two public sale tickets, but if you bought two tickets for each of two shows on the public sale, then one pair could be cancelled.

Dammit!

➤How many tickets can I buy?
    There will be a ticket limit of 2 tickets per person, per card and postal address.
    Multiple bookings may be cancelled.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭bennyl10

i would guess a portion of tickets were earmarked just for students.. then when the general public standing sold out, the ticketmaster system just started lumping all the standng into the one..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,769 ✭✭✭ablelocks

there'll be other dates I'd imagine.

on the left hand side of the screen, there are 5 links created for "new dates added!" - but at the moment the date is for Saturday 28th November for each link.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭but1er

Mine has no mention of restricted view! End the day I'm in the same building as u2 absoulte delighted :)

• Registered Users Posts: 15,995 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

• So I logged on at 8:45 or so. timer countdown
    • got a second browser going
    • booted the app up on the mobile

9:00 came, the 2 browsers refreshed themselves, but basically went dead, was told experiencing some kind of difficulties

kept refreshing them. eventually got the black screen, I was in the que. 2 minutes was the most I got.

Both browsers then offered me 2 standing tickets for Saturday night. I went through on one of them, the other just sat there for a few minutes till it timed out. I wasn't wasting time closing it down.... and it was handy to have, just in case!

The app was essentially useless

But here is the weird thing. I didn't get the whole verified by visa thing. Did anyone else not get that?

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭Shorty11857

Got two tickets for the Saturday night! Block K not sure what the view of the screen will be like but wasn't a chance I was spending 400 euro for better ones

• Registered Users Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭ceegee

Just after realising i accidentally got 2 student tickets for the Saturday, had been trying for Friday tickets and clicked the link that came up on the left had side for "more dates added". In such a rush I didnt notice the student part.

Balls.

Don't know now if i should chance it or try and get ticketmaster to switch them

• Registered Users Posts: 6,376 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

lukin wrote: »
    I bought two for Monday and two for Saturday (the student ones). They were bought on separate accounts but charged to the same card so am I at risk of having all my tickets cancelled?

Yes separate account or not; your delivery address is linked to your card.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,695 ✭✭✭Chivito550

dan_kel wrote: »
    To guarantee that students get to go? I assume it's the reason they may be strict on showing tickets.

Ah that doesn't make any sense whatsoever. The whole point of student tickets is to sell them at a discount as students have less money. Why would they feel the need to have x amount of students in there, if they were charging full price. What difference would it make?

And if that is the reason, then they've made a balls of it as it appears many have ended up with student tickets without choosing them.

• Registered Users Posts: 843 ✭✭✭Yellowledbetter

Got GA for the Monday!!

I don't think Ticketmaster do refunds. Are they not very inflexible on this?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,037 ✭✭✭lukin

Yes separate account or not; your delivery address is linked to your card.

You mean they are all going to be cancelled? They are for two different dates (Monday and Saturday). The limit is two tickets per person but you can buy two on the same card for different dates?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,032 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

ken76 wrote: »
    these are my tickets

Section GA2Row G4 Seats947 - 948

TypeFull Price Standing Ticket (Paperless Delivery)
    Ticket Price€70.45 x 2
    Facility Charge€1.00 x 2
    Service Charge€6.10 x 2

Is this standing or sitting and surly it cant be student prices when order was complete it showed up as student

Standing. "GA" means general admission.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 288 ✭✭ken76

bennyl10 wrote: »
    i would guess a portion of tickets were earmarked just for students.. then when the general public standing sold out, the ticketmaster system just started lumping all the standng into the one..

So if i paid full price standing but was automatically issued a student standing , will i still get in with no student card?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭johnpatrick81

Depends on how strict they go. I would say there is certainly a chance they will cancel 2 of your 4 tickets. By rights they should anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,995 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

Couldn't believe it lads, I got knocked back firstly after being greedy and only ticking the €33 one but I persisted and ticked upto the €101 and got two in Block C for only €155 on the Saturday!!!!!!!!!!!
    Couldn't believe it and with only 40 seconds left on the clock it was serious squeaky bum time.

155 is the price for 2 standing tickets

• Registered Users Posts: 12,032 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Seve OB wrote: »

9:00 came, the 2 browsers refreshed themselves, but basically went dead, was told experiencing some kind of difficulties

kept refreshing them. eventually got the black screen, I was in the que. 2 minutes was the most I got.

Both browsers then offered me 2 standing tickets for Saturday night. I went through on one of them, the other just sat there for a few minutes till it timed out. I wasn't wasting time closing it down.... and it was handy to have, just in case!

But here is the weird thing. I didn't get the whole verified by visa thing. Did anyone else not get that?

I didn't get it either on my Mastercard (even though I use VbV everytime). Must have been a conscious decision to disable it to avoid any extra issues as it always comes up for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭irishgirl19

Wondering if someone knows the answer to this. My boyfriend bought us 2 standing tickets and used our address and his own card.
    I logged into Ticketmaster under my dads account to try get him tickets. I only managed to to get 2 tickets for 216.00 seated, he didn't have that much money on his card as was hoping for the 33e tickets so I used my card to get them for him. I put in my own address on card detail screen as my card is registered to my home address. Question is, will my dads tickets be posted to the address on his Ticketmaster account or to my address that I gave on payment details screen. I just read tickets have to be two separate postal addresses. He will be gutted if they get cancelled

• Registered Users Posts: 10,622 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

I bought two for Monday and two for Saturday (the student ones). They were bought on separate accounts but charged to the same card so am I at risk of having all my tickets cancelled

Mine were on the same account, same cc and same address, just forgot they had a limit on them.
    Their T&C's state 1 per person, per account, per credit card, per address but not sure how they would check with different accounts.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,069 ✭✭✭Irish Aris

I didn't get it either on my Mastercard (even though I use VbV everytime). Must have been a conscious decision to disable it to avoid any extra issues as it always comes up for me.

it came up for me on my Visa card.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 jennnn

Seve OB wrote: »

I was holding one student ticket (in the hope my bf was gonna get two regular standing ones for Tues instead) and was asked to verify. But he wasn't asked to :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭johnpatrick81

nope!

Advertisement