Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

U2 Innocence & Experience Tour 2015 (Dublin and Belfast gigs confirmed, post #275)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 288 ✭✭ken76

Chivito550 wrote: »
    Did you ring ticketmaster?

Looks like failing my final ACCA exam in June could work out well for me, as I'm therefore still a student, and am eligable for a student card.

they phone line is open at 11, wil ring then and let you know

• Registered Users Posts: 391 ✭✭starWave

Still tickets available for Belfast £170, don't even want to know what that is in euro

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭Newuser12345

ken76 wrote: »
    Will have to ring ticketmaster today

Had same problem as you. Bought two tickets for 155 and now receipt says Student.
    I would have thought that the student tickets were 33 each.
    There seems to be a few people made same error in boards threads.
    These seem to be the same price as adult tickets, so am wondering if this was a glitch at the time.
    So in summary, buy 2 tickets for same price as Student and only find out they are student when I get email confirmation

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭johnpatrick81

lambayire wrote: »
    Today FM just read out a load of different texts about folk buying Student tickets who are not students.

Look like there us a problem with Ticketmaster.
    They are investigating.

They did not request student tickets at the first selection stage.

It was really really unclear but I'm pretty sure it did say it. I almost picked them by mistake at one point.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,032 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Well looks like i will have 2 student tickets i cant use, as im an idiot and bought student standing

Could you acquire a student ID in the meantime? You just need a student ID card.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 648 ✭✭✭Neo#

I got two standing student tickets for the tuesday by mistake too. I dont remember selecting student tickets either. Dammit!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,037 ✭✭✭lukin

I think I read somewhere in the terms and conditions that the 2 limit applied to all the Irish shows, or certainly the Dublin shows.

Reading from this link here that is not correct:
    http://zootopia.u2.com/topic/32610-ticket-limit/

"The ticket limit for this event is 2 tickets per household, not per night. Any ticket limit exceeded will result in bookings being cancelled"

I am in trouble because my four tickets are charged to the same address and card. I have two student tickets for Saturday (that I can't use) and two for the Monday (that I can use). If I can call/email them and cancel the student ones they might let me off and not cancel all four. I am not hopeful though, they are strict on touting (even though I am not a tout).

starWave wrote: »
    Still tickets available for Belfast £170, don't even want to know what that is in euro

€ 231.96, as at today's rate.

You're welcome! :P

from another poster on a different thread

Today FM just read out a load of different texts about folk buying Student tickets who are not students.

They are investigating.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,995 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

CFC007 wrote: »
    Anyone who bought the €33 tickets do realise that these are student tickets which need a valid student id on the night. Probably best to call ticketmaster for a refund if don't meet the criteria.

No you are wrong there. I got 2 of those for Friday night, in the Pre-Sale. Wasn't even flagged as restricted view, but they are tight up the back!

It does seem though there are a hell of a lot of those cheap tickets going.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 391 ✭✭starWave

€ 231.96, as at today's rate.

You're welcome! :P

seats must be on stage for that price

Im having same issue, bought 2 standing for Tuesday there was no mention of student before purchase was complete, only after i paid 155 for 2 did it show as student standing

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭floyd333

B*ll*x I just checked and mine are student tickets too.

I found it very confusing to know what tickets I was buying.

Why don't ticketmaster have an easier to use website? God knows they could afford it!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,622 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

My boyfriend and I live together. In the rush I never even thought of getting him to use his mams address

He could only use the address that the cc is registered to.
    That's the address they send the tickets to, no movement from that.
    Otherwise someone could steal a cc and order loads of tickets and get them sent to a false or postal address.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,995 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

from another poster on a different thread

They are investigating.

off to double check my Saturday tickets.... i don't remember anything about student on them, but I definitely didn't choose the student option.

For anyone who actually meant to buy Student tickets and actually got them, how much were they? Were they really full price, or could the price paid determine the actual student tickets?

I'm guessing the adult & student standing tickets were different prices?

It's ridiculous if the two ticket limit applies across all 6 shows. A huge amount of tickets will be cancelled so.

okidoki987 wrote: »

Not sure but i paid full standing price but have been issued with student standing ticket

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Latte1

floyd333 wrote: »
    B*ll*x I just checked and mine are student tickets too.

I found it very confusing to know what tickets I was buying.

Why don't ticketmaster have an easier to use website? God knows they could afford it!

It said quite clearly student ticket. What do you bloody want ticketmaster to do?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,660 ✭✭✭bren2001

Seve OB wrote: »
    off to double check my Saturday tickets.... i don't remember anything about student on them, but I definitely didn't choose the student option.

For anyone who actually meant to buy Student tickets and actually got them, how much were they? Were they really full price, or could the price paid determine the actual student tickets?

They were the same price. I really don't understand the point of having them.

I really really really doubt they will be strict on needing student ID. Especially considering the TM website mistake. Suits me though, I got 2 student tickets as GA had sold out (I am a student).

• Advertisement

My boyfriend and I live together. In the rush I never even thought of getting him to use his mams address. I just thought 2 per card was the only restriction not per postal address :/ very nervous now,suppose I will just have to wait and see and hope for the best.
    There would've been 2 separate postal address on each of the Ticketmaster accounts but I didn't know the tickets go to the billing address
    lukin wrote: »
    Reading from this link here that is not correct:
    http://zootopia.u2.com/topic/32610-ticket-limit/

"The ticket limit for this event is 2 tickets per household, not per night. Any ticket limit exceeded will result in bookings being cancelled"

I am in trouble because my four tickets are charged to the same address and card. I have two student tickets for Saturday (that I can't use) and two for the Monday (that I can use). If I can call/email them and cancel the student ones they might let me off and not cancel all four. I am not hopeful though, they are strict on touting (even though I am not a tout).
    lambayire wrote: »

They are investigating.

They did not request student tickets at the first selection stage.

Obviously it's important to combat touting but you would hope Ticketmaster would be somewhat understanding and flexible for stuff like this.

I wonder if the boards admins have (or have had) any plans to try and get representatives from Ticketmaster in a forum on the "Talk To" section? Would be handy for these kinds of situations, might put some minds at ease.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,660 ✭✭✭bren2001

okidoki987 wrote: »

Nope, same price.

Ticket master phone line opens at 11 number is 0818903001

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭sbEdge

CFBixErUIAAKrmC.jpg

Set list from one of the UK shows if anyone is interested...

That's from Vancouver, they haven't played the UK yet on the tour.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭ceegee

Just got an email back from ticketmaster about accidental student tickets:
    Hi,

I can see you have 2 student tickets booked in but they are the same price as adults so you have nothing to worry about,

Regards,

Xxxxxx

Woohoo

• Registered Users Posts: 14,851 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

It's ridiculous if the two ticket limit applies across all 6 shows. A huge amount of tickets will be cancelled so.

Yes,there could be a huge amount of cancellations.
    Ticketmaster and U2 have made a right mess of this and deliberately avoided being more specific when directly asked about it on a number of forums.

For example were people allowed buy 2 tickets in the presale and then buy another 2 in the general sale for different nights ?

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭lambayire

I think it's a brilliant idea. I thought that before the gigs were announced.
    Not a tout will be around the venue. That works for me.

There shouldn't be much of a secondary market for tickets.

Obviously it's important to combat touting but you would hope Ticketmaster would be somewhat understanding and flexible for stuff like this.
    LOL :-) LOL :-) LOL :-)

Nope, same price.

I'd say T/M will just say use them as you have them and won't ask for ID.
    It makes no sense to have different ticket types at the same price, why would you need to have ID anyway if the tickets are the same prices?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭cruhoortwunk

Nothing.

God I really despise captcha.
    Use the ticketmaster app, it has no capcha

Advertisement