Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

U2 Innocence & Experience Tour 2015 (Dublin and Belfast gigs confirmed, post #275)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,376 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

Yes,there could be a huge amount of cancellations.
    Ticketmaster and U2 have made a right mess of this and deliberately avoided being more specific when directly asked about it on a number of forums.

For example were people allowed buy 2 tickets in the presale and then buy another 2 in the general sale for different nights ?

Presale rules have no affect on general sale. Yes they were allowed

• Registered Users Posts: 4,769 ✭✭✭ablelocks

Originally Posted by ablelocks View Post
    had option to buy 2 seated tickets in what looked like the top left hand corner area - @ €400! I am a U2 fan, but f*** that.

there were seated platinum tickets available as of a couple of minutes ago - €920 for a pair.

Jaysus! Are they printed on actual platinum or what?
    Surely you get more than just seats for that price? Like a programme or a crappy laminate or something at least?!

no idea - i think bono sits in the seat prior to the concert just to get it warmed up...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,037 ✭✭✭lukin

I actually don't care now anyway. If they want to cancel my tickets they can. I reluctantly went online this morning to buy them because I detest Ticketmaster.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 288 ✭✭ken76

ceegee wrote: »
    Just got an email back from ticketmaster about accidental student tickets:
    Hi,

I can see you have 2 student tickets booked in but they are the same price as adults so you have nothing to worry about,

Regards,

Xxxxxx

Woohoo

Did you mail ticketmaster or did they just send you the mail themselves?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,032 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

sbEdge wrote: »
    That's from Vancouver, they haven't played the UK yet on the tour.

I actually meant to write US.....

And i still would have been wrong haha :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,660 ✭✭✭bren2001

okidoki987 wrote: »
    I'd say T/M will just say use them as you have them and won't ask for ID.
    It makes no sense to have different ticket types at the same price, why would you need to have ID anyway if the tickets are the same prices?

In the other thread TM have responded to an email saying they are the same price and you have nothing to worry about. I cannot see them checking for Student ID, too many people have student tickets after trying to purchase normal tickets.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,467 ✭✭✭✭cson

Nothing.

God I really despise captcha.

Was it just me or was the Captcha's noticeably harder to decipher than usual for this?

Chanced it for 1 x €35 quid for the Friday night as I didn't get on TM til 9.25am... and got it! Of course I'll be Billy No Mates there but sure **** it. :P

lambayire wrote: »
    I think it's a brilliant idea. I thought that before the gigs were announced.
    Not a tout will be around the venue. That works for me.

There shouldn't be much of a secondary market for tickets.

Theyre already selling at €400 a pop for nosebleed seats on Seatwave, where TM get another slice of the profits.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,995 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

cson wrote: »
    Was it just me or was the Captcha's noticeably harder to decipher than usual for this?

Chanced it for 1 x €35 quid for the Friday night as I didn't get on TM til 9.25am... and got it! Of course I'll be Billy No Mates there but sure **** it. :P

no trouble with the captcha, found it easier than usual actually

Obviously it's important to combat touting but you would hope Ticketmaster would be somewhat understanding and flexible for stuff like this.

I wonder if the boards admins have (or have had) any plans to try and get representatives from Ticketmaster in a forum on the "Talk To" section? Would be handy for these kinds of situations, might put some minds at ease.

Not a hope of that. Ticketmaster dont even let you comment on their Facebook page.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭cathalj

Standing still available for Belfast

• Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭cathalj

• Registered Users Posts: 853 ✭✭✭polydactyl

Ticketmaster get a 100 euro success fee on Seatwave hence part of the ridiculous prices...( used prev when could not go at the last minute and had no bites on toutless)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,769 ✭✭✭ablelocks

if you subscribe to u2.com on the free sub, are you still eligible for pre-sale tickets? just thinking ahead if they do announce new dates....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭ceegee

ken76 wrote: »
    Did you mail ticketmaster or did they just send you the mail themselves?

Sent them a message via the customer service section of their site

• Registered Users Posts: 4,635 ✭✭✭donegal.

theres still tickets left for belfast

170+5.5= €248

edit
    cheaper seats also still available 95+5.5= €141

• Registered Users Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭innuendo141

cson wrote: »

Billy no mates here for the saturday. My second seated o3 gig after the Fleetmacs

• Registered Users Posts: 2,534 ✭✭✭Radharc na Sleibhte

I just paid €400 for two tickets in Block J.
    That must be a mistake?
    How the hell could Block J be €191 each????

My life flashed before my eyes as I decided whether to try again or just buy them and enjoy it.

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭sbEdge

I actually meant to write US.....

And i still would have been wrong haha :)

Haha, a bit closer though. Set list has evolved a little since then but not too much.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,622 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

Bit confused here.
    How can tickets sell on Seatwave if the purchaser has to attend with ID and the cc used?
    So they should only be able to sell 1 ticket if they went themselves?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 486 ✭✭Juxtapose

Went on site at 9am, went straight to queue which said 2 minutes and has yet to change, i'm still checking it nearly 2 hours later...

must close tab, but don't want to.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭KillerShamrock

okidoki987 wrote: »
    Bit confused here.
    How can tickets sell on Seatwave if the purchaser has to attend with ID and the cc used?
    So they should only be able to sell 1 ticket if they went themselves?

Well see a certain ticket retailer who you have no choice but to deal with for 95% of events in this country owns said site and gets more money they are the you know who ;) of the ticket selling world!!!

So why wouldn't they allow it cause its all in their favor to do it and milk more money from people desperate enough to pay those kind of prices!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,851 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

donegal. wrote: »
    theres still tickets left for belfast

170+5.5= €248

Standing still available too bizarrely .
    Not as many bandwagon jumpers up North obviously.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭innuendo141

The Ticketmaster app is the only way to go. Cant believe I got a ticket really. Got section D so so right in the middle.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,406 ✭✭✭davywalsh7

Cheers! Just picked up two standing for Belfast. Seem to be still available

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭lambayire

Let me rephrase my position on the the ticketing system.

They should have had all tickets sold via the paperless option.
    That would have cut out the touts.

I suppose all seated tickets can be touted and that's not a good thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,622 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

Not as many bandwagon jumpers up North obviously.

Add in the cost of getting there, meals etc and it's a big cost.

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭Shop40

Was logged in at 8.45 , did everything right and still no effing tickets. Gutted!!!!! Brings back the painful memory of not getting a ticket for them at Slane… Will be checking like a hawk the week before, bet there'll be some more in the run up.

• Registered Users Posts: 489 ✭✭Pinkman

Are the Belfast shows included in the 2 ticket limit per card or is that just for the Dublin shows? Got two for the Monday but seeing as standing still available thinking of getting two Belfast tickets but don't want to risk having all four cancelled.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 391 ✭✭starWave

cathalj wrote: »

Got standing now, but I just got seated an hour ago for the same night. Suppose ticketmaster will cancel both or make me pay for both :(

Advertisement