Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

U2 Innocence & Experience Tour 2015 (Dublin and Belfast gigs confirmed, post #275)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,635 ✭✭✭donegal.

okidoki987 wrote: »
    Add in the cost of getting there, meals etc and it's a big cost.

what are you talking about, its only an hour from dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 14,851 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

Add in the cost of getting there, meals etc and it's a big cost.

Hardly,not everyone lives in Dublin you know .

• Registered Users Posts: 4,037 ✭✭✭lukin

If anyone gets a definite answer from ticketmaster on whether the two ticket limit applies across all six Dublin shows could they post it here?
    I tried the info line, not a hope of getting through.
    Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,851 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

lambayire wrote: »
    They should have had all tickets sold via the paperless option.
    That would have cut out the touts.

I suppose all seated tickets can be touted and that's not a good thing.

They could but Ticketmaster dont want that.

They are the touts .

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/inside-ticketmasters-new-scalping-plan-20130913

• Registered Users Posts: 12,032 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Bit confused here.
    How can tickets sell on Seatwave if the purchaser has to attend with ID and the cc used?
    So they should only be able to sell 1 ticket if they went themselves?

The seated tickets are the usual tickets and dont need ID

• Advertisement

lukin wrote: »
    LOL :-) LOL :-) LOL :-)

Tut tut tut. Such cynicism! :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,861 ✭✭✭Mr.H

Cheapest tickets in Dublin = €33.50

Cheapest tickets in Belfast = £33

£33 = €45

Tickets are more expensive in Belfast as well as accom, Travel food etc.

But Belfast is class. I love Belfast

• Registered Users Posts: 618 ✭✭✭Pingi

Trying to get 2 for my parents here. Got offered 2 for €394 a few times but nothing in the lower range. Couldn't justify it.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,467 ✭✭✭✭cson

The Ticketmaster app is the only way to go. Cant believe I got a ticket really. Got section D so so right in the middle.

Same here - Section D, Row 28.

Seems fairly deadly considering it was a €35 quid ticket. :confused:

I can't recall anything major blocking your view in the standing sections from the few times I've been before.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,100 ✭✭✭eviltimeban

CFBixErUIAAKrmC.jpg

Set list from one of the UK shows if anyone is interested...

Very "meh" set list to be honest. Nothing from Pop, nothing from Zooropa, only one song from All That You Can't Leave Behind... good spread of new songs I guess, would've hoped for a few new-new songs. It would be nice if a U2 concert didn't involve Streets of Still Haven't Found... pity they don't do some rarer tracks, they've some decent b-sides but this is a stadium rock show I guess.

Kinda glad I didn't fork out 400 quid.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭nxbyveromdwjpg

Mr.H wrote: »
    Cheapest tickets in Dublin = €33.50

Cheapest tickets in Belfast = £33

£33 = €45

Tickets are more expensive in Belfast as well as accom, Travel food etc.

But Belfast is class. I love Belfast

It's not clear at all what tickets they were though. I was offered the very back row corner of block P, probably the worst seats in the house and they were nearly €200 each.

So €33 is surely restricted view or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,622 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

The seated tickets are the usual tickets and dont need ID

That now makes sense.
    As already said, would have said more sense then to make them all paperless tickets.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,318 ✭✭✭✭Menas

I got two tickets for the friday night gig. But seating in section GA2. 155 all in. Happy enough with that, but not that big a U2 fan to be honest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭johnpatrick81

cson wrote: »

I can't recall anything major blocking your view in the standing sections from the few times I've been before.

It's definitely restricted. You can't see the main screen at all. The main screen also blocks your view of the main stage and some of the walkway.

Granted the 3Arena setup will be different. But you will have restricted view.

u2ietour-san-jose-2015-1.jpg

Menas wrote: »
    I got two tickets for the friday night gig. But seating in section GA2. 155 all in. Happy enough with that, but not that big a U2 fan to be honest.

GA2 is standing (and that price is the standing ticket price)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,100 ✭✭✭eviltimeban

They'll probably just put the screen at the back for the 3 gig, as usual.

^ Where's the stage in that pic?

• Registered Users Posts: 722 ✭✭✭psychozeb

cson wrote: »

Think they will be restricted view when the screen comes down,have one of them too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,318 ✭✭✭✭Menas

GA2 is standing (and that price is the standing ticket price)

Ah, thanks. I got confused as the email stated "Seat location: section GA2".

Better craic standing up I reckon.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,376 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

Menas wrote: »

You have 100% standing tickets there.

They'll probably just put the screen at the back for the 3 gig, as usual.

^ Where's the stage in that pic?

Not according to the seat map on ticketmaster.

The main stage is the opposite side of the screen. They spend a lot of time on the walkway, in the screen, and on the E stage.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,861 ✭✭✭Mr.H

It's not clear at all what tickets they were though. I was offered the very back row corner of block P, probably the worst seats in the house and they were nearly €200 each.

So €33 is surely restricted view or something.

Thats true. I only meant in terms of the differences between Belfast and Dublin and how Dublins "cheaper option" was less expensive than Belfasts

I was after GA myself and got them. Assumed they wouldnt be the most expensive tickets and got them for €70 so happy days

Wonder what the chances are more dates will be added. Probably more likely for Dublin than Belfast and likely to be the week before Belfast or week after Dublin

That now makes sense.
    As already said, would have said more sense then to make them all paperless tickets.

Oh you're dead right. Its literally the only way to combat touting at high demand gigs and should be the way forward.

If you can't go, there should be some sort of cancellation policy where you can get TM credit for face value if the tickets re-sell

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,664 ✭✭✭sid waddell

So, there I was in the shop this morning, picking up my Evening Herald (I had a pre-sale code for the morning edition), and I says to the man, "I hear U2 have sold out". "When?" says the man. "About 20 years ago", says I.

I love "news" stories like this.

Media have their headlines ready, waiting for the inevitable SOLD OUT signs to appear, within, oh, one minute. And even if it doesn't sell out, they'll still say SOLD OUT, as fact checking isn't very important in a brainless piece of **** of a story like this.

Pre-written tabloid headlines are put out.
    "Thousands of U2 fans Still Haven't Found What They're Looking For"
    "Gone - U2 tickets sell out in Seconds"
    "With or Without U(2 tickets)"
    "Monday Bloody Monday for ticketless U2 fans"
    "Waiting in Ticketmaster queue felt like Running To Stand Still, says U2 fan"
    "Beautiful Day for U2 fans"
    "Fans brave Bad weather to camp out overnight for tickets"
    "Ticketmaster website moves in Mysterious Ways as fans miss out"

Photographers are down at the Point Depot to photograph those brave and dedicated fans (ie. oddballs and attention seekers) who have queued out, as they get their tickets.

Utter tossers are all over the INTERNET to announce that they've got tickets, preferably by taking a screenshot, or even better (than the real thing), maybe they've already printed out their tickets and have photographed them and uploaded them to multiple social media platforms.

Other utter tossers like me try to ridicule the whole thing, making obviously sarcastic, try hard comments on the INTERNET. Even bigger tossers then respond to these comments, oblivious that they are being made ironically. And this from fans of a group who pride themselves on "irony".

People moan on the INTERNET that they couldn't get tickets, calling it "a disgrace", although nobody is quite sure exactly who or what the "disgrace" is.

The same people ring up Liveline to complain.

Joe has a chat with Harry Crosbie on Liveline. Joe is great friends with Harry, and sure it's all great publicity.

We don't have many things that can bring us together these days. Tickets for an sporting event or a concert selling out in minutes is the new Italia '90.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭innuendo141

Not according to the seat map on ticketmaster.

The main stage is the opposite side of the screen. They spend a lot of time on the walkway, in the screen, and on the E stage.

Very confused now.... Where are the restricted view areas for this gig?

It's still unclear how they will set it up in Dublin. But based on the current setup, and the seating map for Dublin on ticketmaster, the seats in the middle, section D, would be restricted, and not see the screen at all.

This is all subject to them using that layout, which has not been confirmed anywhere.

The Belfast tickets had restricted notifications on them, the Dublin ones didn't, suggesting even ticketmaster haven't a clue how the setup will be in Dublin.

Worst case scenario, section D is still an amazing view for the e-stage and when the screen is up high.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭innuendo141

It's still unclear how they will set it up in Dublin. But based on the current setup, and the seating map for Dublin on ticketmaster, the seats in the middle, section D, would be restricted, and not see the screen at all.

This is all subject to them using that layout, which has not been confirmed anywhere.

The Belfast tickets had restricted notifications on them, the Dublin ones didn't, suggesting even ticketmaster haven't a clue how the setup will be in Dublin.

Worst case scenario, section D is still an amazing view for the e-stage and when the screen is up high.

Aaaaaah, cheers! Bang in the middle of D myself- not that bothered really. Less than €40 to finally see U2 14 years after the heartbreak that was "Operation Slane 2001 Tickets".

Exactly, for that price who cares as long as you are in the arena and not in the car park:D

Ugh don't mention that........I'm still mentally scarred from the debacle of lining up all night in Limerick with thousands others only for Empire music to sell about 12 tickets in person.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,037 ✭✭✭lukin

I asked this on the other thread but didn't get an answer (maybe nobody knows): does the two ticket limit apply across the board for all 6 Dublin shows or just for one each?
    Sorry mods but I kind of need to know.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

I just paid €400 for two tickets in Block J.
    That must be a mistake?
    How the hell could Block J be €191 each????

My life flashed before my eyes as I decided whether to try again or just buy them and enjoy it.

My parents got 2 tickets for Block J but they cost €100 each... :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,995 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

Aaaaaah, cheers! Bang in the middle of D myself- not that bothered really. Less than €40 to finally see U2 14 years after the heartbreak that was "Operation Slane 2001 Tickets".

but they played loads of times since then........

Advertisement