Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

U2 Innocence & Experience Tour 2015 (Dublin and Belfast gigs confirmed, post #275)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 818 ✭✭✭FLOOPER

Had 2 standing for Fri but my cc cards weren't updated and times out. Bummer. Btw that was at 9.30.
    Was sick.

Anyway what are the chances of them putting on more shows.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,819 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

That_Guy wrote: »
    My parents got 2 tickets for Block J but they cost €100 each... :confused:

A very awkward situation lies ahead for a few thousand people who paid twice the amount the person sitting beside them did. :confused:

Just like the ticket prices, its nonsense from U2. People coughing up megabucks with no idea what they're getting for their cash.

The U2 corporate machine rolls into Europe...........

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭Sheog

What is the whole deal with 'Seatwave' anyway?! Is it not just Ticketmaster facilitating the scum of the earth touts?!!!

€400 a ticket is absolutely ludicrous!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭MML

So, there I was in the shop this morning, picking up my Evening Herald (I had a pre-sale code for the morning edition), and I says to the man, "I hear U2 have sold out". "When?" says the man. "About 20 years ago", says I.

I love "news" stories like this.

Media have their headlines ready, waiting for the inevitable SOLD OUT signs to appear, within, oh, one minute. And even if it doesn't sell out, they'll still say SOLD OUT, as fact checking isn't very important in a brainless piece of **** of a story like this.

Pre-written tabloid headlines are put out.
    "Thousands of U2 fans Still Haven't Found What They're Looking For"
    "Gone - U2 tickets sell out in Seconds"
    "With or Without U(2 tickets)"
    "Monday Bloody Monday for ticketless U2 fans"
    "Waiting in Ticketmaster queue felt like Running To Stand Still, says U2 fan"
    "Beautiful Day for U2 fans"
    "Fans brave Bad weather to camp out overnight for tickets"
    "Ticketmaster website moves in Mysterious Ways as fans miss out"

Photographers are down at the Point Depot to photograph those brave and dedicated fans (ie. oddballs and attention seekers) who have queued out, as they get their tickets.

Utter tossers are all over the INTERNET to announce that they've got tickets, preferably by taking a screenshot, or even better (than the real thing), maybe they've already printed out their tickets and have photographed them and uploaded them to multiple social media platforms.

Other utter tossers like me try to ridicule the whole thing, making obviously sarcastic, try hard comments on the INTERNET. Even bigger tossers then respond to these comments, oblivious that they are being made ironically. And this from fans of a group who pride themselves on "irony".

People moan on the INTERNET that they couldn't get tickets, calling it "a disgrace", although nobody is quite sure exactly who or what the "disgrace" is.

The same people ring up Liveline to complain.

Joe has a chat with Harry Crosbie on Liveline. Joe is great friends with Harry, and sure it's all great publicity.

We don't have many things that can bring us together these days. Tickets for an sporting event or a concert selling out in minutes is the new Italia '90.

What a brilliant post! You hit the nail on the head! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,032 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Sheog wrote: »
    What is the whole deal with 'Seatwave' anyway?! Is it not just Ticketmaster facilitating the scum of the earth touts?!!!

€400 a ticket is absolutely ludicrous!!!

Yep. It's basically a second hand market owned and run by LiveNation who own Ticketmaster.

Effectively, sellers set a price on any ticket. You go to buy it and of whatever the seller is charging, X% goes to Seatwave from the quoted ticket price. Not only that but you have to pay a charge on top of the quoted ticket price.

So effectively LiveNation get two (or technically) three bites and money from the same ticket.

What grates even more is that the links to Seatwave are plastered all over Ticketmaster so if a gig is sold out, they'll advise you that tickets are available on Seatwave.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭johnpatrick81

ticketmastertouts

They're a disgrace. A pity U2 couldn't have sold them on tickets.ie

lukin wrote: »
    I asked this on the other thread but didn't get an answer (maybe nobody knows): does the two ticket limit apply across the board for all 6 Dublin shows or just for one each?
    Sorry mods but I kind of need to know.

Technically it's across all shows. 2 tickets only between all the shows.

Whether or how it's implemented is anyone's guess.

They may cancel your tickets (I've seen it before with other gigs), they may not. They may stop you at the door, although I can't imagine it'd be that brutal.

Alternatively, they may do nothing.

Your best bet is to ring Ticketmaster and ask them, and try and go about it without letting them know your ticket order, say you're ringing on behalf of your husband/wife who's in work.

But get it directly from the horse's mouth.

ticketmastertouts

They're a disgrace. A pity U2 couldn't have sold them on tickets.ie

U2 signed a 12 year deal with Live Nation a few years back. U2 get paid at both ends aswell. Its all about the money. They're not a music band anymore in the traditional sense. They're a business who partly play in the music market.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 jor428

I got two student tickets. Giving them to my kids aged 16 and 13. They are obviously school going age. will they need a student id?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,100 ✭✭✭eviltimeban

Its crazy money, for a band who are always banging on about punk spirit and all that. It's about as far away from punk as you can get.

I admit, it must cost a lot to put on that kind of show, and they do put on a good show. Nothing will beat Popmart in Lansdowne Road however! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,037 ✭✭✭lukin

Technically it's across all shows. 2 tickets only between all the shows.

Whether or how it's implemented is anyone's guess.

They may cancel your tickets (I've seen it before with other gigs), they may not. They may stop you at the door, although I can't imagine it'd be that brutal.

Alternatively, they may do nothing.

Your best bet is to ring Ticketmaster and ask them, and try and go about it without letting them know your ticket order, say you're ringing on behalf of your husband/wife who's in work.

But get it directly from the horse's mouth.

Thanks. I tried ringing but I just get cut off with a message saying all their lines are busy. Doesn't even go to a queue. I emailed too but God only knows when I will get a reply from that.
    :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭nxbyveromdwjpg

lukin wrote: »
    Thanks. I tried ringing but I just get cut off with a message saying all their lines are busy. Doesn't even go to a queue. I emailed too but God only knows when I will get a reply from that.
    :mad:

They're absolutely not going to cancel your ticket because your going on more than one night, don't waste your time.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,657 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

jor428 wrote: »
    I got two student tickets. Giving them to my kids aged 16 and 13. They are obviously school going age. will they need a student id?

Not sure but I think a kid going to a concert needs to be brought by an adult, especially when there is drink for sale. Check the t&c's on your ticket rather than them being refused on the night

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭johnpatrick81

I know, unfortunately they are a business empire. It's sad but it's a sign of how big they are. I think the pricing structure is absolutely disgraceful but the fact they sell those tickets( even the €280 ones!!)in seconds sadly justifies Mr Madonna's pricing structure.

They're absolutely not going to cancel your ticket because your going on more than one night, don't waste your time.

I don't know, they are not called ticketbastard for nothing :):)

• Registered Users Posts: 853 ✭✭✭polydactyl

The Nal wrote: »
    A very awkward situation lies ahead for a few thousand people who paid twice the amount the person sitting beside them did. :confused:

Just like the ticket prices, its nonsense from U2. People coughing up megabucks with no idea what they're getting for their cash.

The 100 euro ones are prob at a worse angle to see the huge perpendicular screen than the 190 euro ones but I agree its a big leap.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,861 ✭✭✭Mr.H

The Nal welcome to gigs in Ireland..........................

Its not unique to U2

I know, unfortunately they are a business empire. It's sad but it's a sign of how big they are. I think the pricing structure is absolutely disgraceful but the fact they sell those tickets( even the €280 ones!!)in seconds sadly justifies Mr Madonna's pricing structure.

Yep absolutely. And if it was an isolated thing then fair enough. But as someone who goes to a lot of gigs, (or at least used to go to a lot), U2 home gigs selling out so quickly at these prices is worrying.

How much are we expected to pay now for the next big band that comes to town? "Dublin eh? Oh well U2 sold tickets at €190 and sold out....."

• Registered Users Posts: 14,467 ✭✭✭✭cson

Yep absolutely. And if it was an isolated thing then fair enough. But as someone who goes to a lot of gigs, (or at least used to go to a lot), U2 home gigs selling out so quickly at these prices is worrying.

How much are we expected to pay now for the next big band that comes to town? "Dublin eh? Oh well U2 sold tickets at €190 and sold out....."

The boom is back :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,851 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

And you know this for definite because ?

They may ,they may not,hard to know what they will actually do.
    They have cancelled tickets for multiple booking on the US leg .
    On the other hand ,they have the money in the hand now so they may not bother checking bookings.

• Advertisement

There's no way that you can be sure of that.

They're so scattergun, it's as possible as it is not possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 kdcrob

Oh holy jaysus, got tickets for Monday night and just realised they are student tickets... and I'm not a student, help!?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 288 ✭✭ken76

kdcrob wrote: »
    Oh holy jaysus, got tickets for Monday night and just realised they are student tickets... and I'm not a student, help!?!

you will be ok same happened to me, I rang ticket master and as they are same price as normal tickets it isnt an issue they assured me, i was panicking earlier, if you go back a few pages lots of people had same issue

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭lambayire

It would appear so.

I set myself a limit of 200 euro for the 2 tickets.
    That they came in at 150 was a slight bonus.

ken76 wrote: »
    you will be ok same happened to me, I rang ticket master and as they are same price as normal tickets it isnt an issue they assured me, i was panicking earlier, if you go back a few pages lots of people had same issue

You got through to them? I can't, I got told all lines are busy (0818 903001).

• Registered Users Posts: 15,995 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

ken76 wrote: »

so were there any actual student tickets offered at a discount?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 288 ✭✭ken76

yeah rang them at about 11.30 on (0818 903001). pressed option 5

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭MrMischief

Between laptops, ipads and phones I had 6 webpages open to try and get tickets but no luck - absolutely devastated.

Hopefully they announce further gigs and I'll be queuing up to avoid the shambles that is ticketmaster!

Mr.H wrote: »
    The Nal welcome to gigs in Ireland..........................

welcome to sh1t gigs in Ireland..........................
    Mr.H wrote: »
    Its not unique to U2

Not sure Ive seen that sort of jump before. Barbra Streisand maybe?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭iSeano90

lambayire wrote: »
    Block D Row 29. I did get a mention of restricted viewing of the screens.

Don't particularly care to be honest.

Its because they are centre that they are the cheap ones - poor angle of the main screen!
    I presume there will be screens showing the main screen though!

Advertisement