Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

U2 Innocence & Experience Tour 2015 (Dublin and Belfast gigs confirmed, post #275)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 853 ✭✭✭polydactyl

On seatwave the D centre ones are selling for the highest price so people dont get the stage lay out at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭nxbyveromdwjpg

They have cancelled tickets for multiple booking on the US leg .

You're telling me that if I went to see them in say, Chicago, I wouldn't be allowed to see them on another date in New York or Los Angeles?

I'm sceptical.

• Registered Users Posts: 391 ✭✭starWave

polydactyl wrote: »
    On seatwave the D centre ones are selling for the highest price so people dont get the stage lay out at all.

How long is that screen up for? I'd guess only a few songs? Maybe its better in the 3 Arena, but usually the sound is awful, once you're not in front of the stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,661 ✭✭✭bren2001

Seve OB wrote: »
    so were there any actual student tickets offered at a discount?

No, the student tickets were the same price. It made absolutely no sense as to why they were put on sale that way in the first place.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭johnpatrick81

starWave wrote: »
    How long is that screen up for? I'd guess only a few songs?

By up do you mean "out of the way"? Only the first 4 songs. Then it's in use right to the end.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35 jor428

Muahahaha wrote: »
    Not sure but I think a kid going to a concert needs to be brought by an adult, especially when there is drink for sale. Check the t&c's on your ticket rather than them being refused on the night

It says an u16 must be accompanied. Hence he will be able to go, and bring his brother aged 13. They are school students but can't get student cards as they aren't in college!

• Registered Users Posts: 391 ✭✭starWave

By up do you mean "out of the way"? Only the first 4 songs. Then it's in use right to the end.

Is it not lowered down from the ceiling? I mean, most of the time, you can see the band on stage anyway? From youtube clips, it looks like its lowered down for a few songs.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

jor428 wrote: »
    It says an u16 must be accompanied. Hence he will be able to go, and bring his brother aged 13. They are school students but can't get student cards as they aren't in college!

You'd imagine the guys on the door would know from their age that they're students and it'd be no problem at all

• Registered Users Posts: 4,635 ✭✭✭donegal.

seems to loads of tickets left for belfast but €500 for 2 tickets is shocking

You'd imagine the guys on the door would know from their age that they're students and it'd be no problem at all

You'd expect so. But there's a jobs worth everywhere. "😎 sorry bud"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,037 ✭✭✭lukin

It looks like the two ticket limit applies across the 6 nights so anyone who has bought for more than one night has a problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,534 ✭✭✭Radharc na Sleibhte

That_Guy wrote: »
    My parents got 2 tickets for Block J but they cost €100 each... :confused:

:eek: Oh dont tell me that.
    What in the name of fook.

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭EnergyPro

So I got my tickets at 9.08 this morning!! :) block L -its right up the back and there was a mention I think about possible restricted screen view (whatever that will mean) but just wondering what the experience is like up the back like that. I have only ever been standing in this venue.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,851 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

You're telling me that if I went to see them in say, Chicago, I wouldn't be allowed to see them on another date in New York or Los Angeles?

I'm sceptical.

Thats fine,they are different venues.

Tickets were cancelled for exceeding the maximum number of tickets for each concert.

For example on London gigs it says
    Please note: There is a ticket limit of 4 tickets per person and per credit card on this event
    Please adhere to published ticket limits. Persons who exceed the ticket limit may have any or all of their order(s) and tickets cancelled without prior notice
    So if you bought more than 4 tickets in the general sale for one gig ,some were cancelled.
    Presale allocation was separate.

For Dublin on the purchase page it simply says:
    Please adhere to published ticket limits. Persons who exceed the ticket limit may have any or all of their order(s) and tickets cancelled without prior notice by Ticketmaster in its discretion.

Pretty vague.

On the faq it says
    ➤How many tickets can I buy?
    There will be a ticket limit of 2 tickets per person, per card and postal address.
    Multiple bookings may be cancelled.

This again is vague,does this mean 2 tickets for one concert or across all 4 concerts in Dublin or in Belfast or across all 6 gigs.
    Is pre sale allocation separate ?

Its a mess

:eek: Oh dont tell me that.
    What in the name of fook.

I'm in j as well €100 each. Did u get some VIP extras on that ticket price?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,534 ✭✭✭Radharc na Sleibhte

Yeah a massage from Bono.

It must be anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 288 ✭✭ken76

this is the message I got back from Ticket master about Student ticket

Hi xxx,

You clicked on the student tickets but it's no problem at all. A couple of others have done the same thing, you will have to enter the venue through the box office on the night of the show and you will be looked after from there, venue have been notified!

Regards,

xxx

• Registered Users Posts: 12,819 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

ken76 wrote: »

Regards,

xxx

They blew you kisses?!

The Nal wrote: »
    They blew you kisses?!

haha no just x'd out the name

• Registered Users Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭Toast

Was there any indication when buying seating tickets that the buyer would have to be present on the night with ID or was that restriction only communicated in the one line in the FAQ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,695 ✭✭✭Chivito550

ken76 wrote: »
    this is the message I got back from Ticket master about Student ticket

Hi xxx,

You clicked on the student tickets but it's no problem at all. A couple of others have done the same thing, you will have to enter the venue through the box office on the night of the show and you will be looked after from there, venue have been notified!

Regards,

xxx

Seems awfully personal. Do we all have to email them to be in the clear of this student fiasco, or will they just be ignoring the student element on the night, as it is clearly a complete mistake?

Also, what's this you lot are saying about only being able to buy 2 tickets across the entire set of shows. I have tickets for 2 nights. I didn't see this mentioned anywhere. Nowhere does it actually say this. Just vague statements that can be interpreted about 6 different ways.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭nxbyveromdwjpg

Pretty vague.

On the faq it says

This again is vague,does this mean 2 tickets for one concert or across all 4 concerts in Dublin or in Belfast or across all 6 gigs.

Its a mess

It's not really, I mean your sort of looking for them to clarify a negative. Nowhere on the faq or t&c's does it say that you can't buy a ticket for another night (event).

Therefore we can assume that you can, like every other band touring since the dawn of time, imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,815 ✭✭✭Hannibal

I bought tickets and I don't want to go, tickets weren't for me.. What do I do now as I can hardly go to the door myself and let people in.. Stupid system, anyone not tech savvy can't go.
    I thought ticketless was a qr code based system.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,100 ✭✭✭eviltimeban

Chivito550 wrote: »
    Also, what's this you lot are saying about only being able to buy 2 tickets across the entire set of shows. I have tickets for 2 nights. I didn't see this mentioned anywhere. Nowhere does it actually say this. Just vague statements that can be interpreted about 6 different ways.

It might be per transaction. So, if you bought 2, and paid for them, then went back and bought 2 more... that might be OK. If you selected 4 tickets, 2 per night, and paid for them all in the one transaction at the end... that might be a problem.

I don't know at all now, I'm just speculating. But that's what someone needs to ask TM.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,199 ✭✭✭krattapopov

Thats fine,they are different venues.

Tickets were cancelled for exceeding the maximum number of tickets for each concert.

For example on London gigs it says

So if you bought more than 4 tickets in the general sale for one gig ,some were cancelled.
    Presale allocation was separate.

Pretty vague.

On the faq it says

Its a mess

This is all super super vague, but wouldn't rule TicketBa$tard out at all. I'll be paying close attention to this, here's my scenario:

I got tickets in the presale last Wednesday for the Saturday night show - using my debit card
    Today I managed to get tickets for my sister for the Tuesday show - using her debit card / different billing address
    My brother in law was also trying to get tickets and I managed to get two for him - my debit card again

So in total, 6 tickets on my ticketmaster account
    4 with my debit card / billing address
    2 purchased for me in pre-sale (sat show)
    2 purchased today for my sister (tue show)
    2 tickets bought with my sisters debit card / billing address (tue show)

I'm legitimately only going to the saturday show myself, my bro in law will bring my debit card to the show on the tuesday.

I think I'm going to be ok... IF presale was seperate to general sale AND because I used my sisters card for her tickets.

But who knows what they'll do - I'm hoping nothing, all this talk of cancelled orders is very scary...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,100 ✭✭✭eviltimeban

Hannibal wrote: »
    I bought tickets and I don't want to go, tickets weren't for me.. What do I do now as I can hardly go to the door myself and let people in.. Stupid system, anyone not tech savvy can't go.

Give us your credit card and I'll give it back to you the next day. :)

Chivito550 wrote: »
    Seems awfully personal. Do we all have to email them to be in the clear of this student fiasco, or will they just be ignoring the student element on the night, as it is clearly a complete mistake?

I reckon there i no harm mailing with your booking reference to avoid disapointment

It's not really, I mean your sort of looking for them to clarify a negative. Nowhere on the faq or t&c's does it say that you can't buy a ticket for another night (event).

Therefore we can assume that you can, like every other band touring since the dawn of time, imo.

Playing devils advocate.

The FAQ is not for each gig, it's for the entire Dublin/Belfast leg of the tour, so you'd assume from that that the two ticket limit is for the tour (or that leg of the tour).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭total former

Hannibal wrote: »

Find someone who does want to go (shouldn't be hard), give your bank card to the person in question for the evening. You'll surely have some friend/family member who would like to go and will return the card after?

• Advertisement

Find someone who does want to go (shouldn't be hard), give your bank card to the person in question for the evening. You'll surely have some friend/family member who would like to go and will return the card after?

Problem is that the FAQ and receipt state that you need to bring ID with you.

From my receipt;

Please note: The only delivery for these tickets is PAPERLESS TICKETING. No tickets will be sent out in advance.
    The named card holder must present the card used to make the purchase and a VALID GOVT ID at the venue entrance to gain entry.
    All members of the party must be present and admitted at the same time.

Advertisement