Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

U2 Innocence & Experience Tour 2015 (Dublin and Belfast gigs confirmed, post #275)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,995 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

Hannibal wrote: »
    I bought tickets and I don't want to go, tickets weren't for me.. What do I do now as I can hardly go to the door myself and let people in.. Stupid system, anyone not tech savvy can't go.
    I thought ticketless was a qr code based system.

sounds like you were buying them to sell them on? you deserve to be stung with the bill. and some!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,037 ✭✭✭lukin

I got the two student tickets for the Saturday cancelled so I haven't exceeded the two ticket limit in any way. I might still have got in with them but I wouldn't risk it. I am happy to be going just the Monday night.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,100 ✭✭✭eviltimeban

Massively expensive tickets, draconian rules around ticket purchasing, no ability to for people with genuine reasons not to go to sell their tickets... this is all very anti-punk rock. Really Bono, what would Joey Ramone make of all this??

• Registered Users Posts: 7,695 ✭✭✭Chivito550

lukin wrote: »
    I got the two student tickets for the Saturday cancelled so I haven't exceeded the two ticket limit in any way. I might still have got in with them but I wouldn't risk it. I am happy to be going just the Monday night.

Bloody hell. This is the madness that unfounded rumours cause!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,037 ✭✭✭lukin

Chivito550 wrote: »
    Bloody hell. This is the madness that unfounded rumours cause!

More unclear than unfounded :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,819 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Massively expensive tickets, draconian rules around ticket purchasing, no ability to for people with genuine reasons not to go to sell their tickets... this is all very anti-punk rock. Really Bono, what would Joey Ramone make of all this??

He has already turned over in his grave multiple times after hearing the tune they wrote about him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭johnpatrick81

starWave wrote: »
    Is it not lowered down from the ceiling? I mean, most of the time, you can see the band on stage anyway? From youtube clips, it looks like its lowered down for a few songs.

Yup, it comes down from the ceiling, but it's always visible and always somewhat in the way if you are sitting in line with it. Lower tier seats should be fine though.

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭Pepsicass

I got two tickets for the Fri night. €77 for both - second row in block D, almost centre of row. No mention of restricted view. Can someone explain the screen to me and how it might impede our view and whether it's there the whole time. Will we still have a good view of the actual band or will that be restricted as well? Regardless, I'm delighted with the two tickets at a super price!

donegal. wrote: »
    seems to loads of tickets left for belfast but €500 for 2 tickets is shocking

239 Euro!! :eek:

Booked two flights to Milan for that yesterday. Myself and the missus, return flights to Italy for less than one ticket to see U2.

The Troubles indeed.

2q8cbkp.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭johnpatrick81

It was mentioned in the other thread;
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=97003272&postcount=287

Still unclear but my bet is you won't have a view of the screen at all, only the end of it and the extra mini screen for those perpendicular to it. It might block the band for some songs too. Still great seats for a lot of the show if you can do without the massive screen images(which are frikkin amazing it must be said)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭ts_editor

Playing devils advocate.

The FAQ is not for each gig, it's for the entire Dublin/Belfast leg of the tour, so you'd assume from that that the two ticket limit is for the tour (or that leg of the tour).
    The guidelines for folk queuing at the Odyssey box office was clear that you could only buy for one gig.

http://www.ssearenabelfast.com/u2
    [B]Customers who wish to purchase from The SSE Arena, Belfast Box Office:[/B]

• Strictly no queuing before 6pm Sunday 13th September 
    • Only Standing Tickets will be available from Box Office
    • Standing area restricted to Over 14’s only
    • Tickets limited to 2 per person for One Date only
    • Credit/Debit card only (no cash/cheque)
    • Paperless Ticketing in use i.e. your credit card acts as your ticket
    • Credit card used to purchase ticket must be presented by ticket purchaser on the event night along with valid photo I.D 
    • Name, address & mobile number must be supplied – confirmation will be sent by text
    • Accessible ticket, wheelchair users and visitors with special requirements should contact the assigned numbers

They did provide bacon butties for the campers though ....
    11990451_842732205841967_2796660770439056056_n.jpg?oh=7eb258510198afd9693699568f095aa3&oe=56736288

ts_editor wrote: »
    They did provide bacon butties for the campers though ....

Thats sexist.

Oh! The food?!

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭mickyoc85

Are there any tickemaster reps on this that can clear up the Student ID fiasco.

Paid 155.00 for two "Student Tickets" WTF like

Not a student and didn't select that option so will they just ignore that stipulation I wonder

• Registered Users Posts: 4,635 ✭✭✭donegal.

Pepsicass wrote: »
    Can someone explain the screen to me and how it might impede our view and whether it's there the whole time. Will we still have a good view of the actual band or will that be restricted as well? !
    you can see in Nels floorplan above thet the stage goes right down the middle of the arena, with a huge screen above it.
    you'll probably see everything great except the screen which seems to be a focal point of the show.

2015-05-29-1432893276-1684289-_U202564xx-thumb.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭Vertigo100

Been to every U2 show since I was old enough to start going (slane 01) and had planned to go this one with my older brother as he is the reason I started listening to U2.

I was online with the phone iPad and laptop since 8.45. Trying for different days on each one. Get put into a q at 9 that says 20 minute wait. After 20 mins told no tickets left. It's a joke of a system.

Go **** yourself ticketmaster.

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭deeroy12

Well i'm just back from Amsterdam,were i used the same credit card for both the sat & sun gigs(had 2tickets for each show).Had no tickets cancelled and i also booked London 3&4 with the same card,again no tickets cancelled.People have no need to worry but only problem that could occur is if you booked more than 2 Tickets for the same night with the same card/address etc

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭Craptacular

Well this is hilarious. So anyone who didn't get a ticket just needs to wait until tickettosser cancel all the tickets of people who bought for more than one night. Should be about half the tour going on sale again. Also we're supposed to believe that they'll be checking IDs and credit cards of everybody at the venues.

I do not believe these things will happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

Vertigo100 wrote: »
    Been to every U2 show since I was old enough to start going (slane 01) and had planned to go this one with my older brother as he is the reason I started listening to U2.

I was online with the phone iPad and laptop since 8.45. Trying for different days on each one. Get put into a q at 9 that says 20 minute wait. After 20 mins told no tickets left. It's a joke of a system.

It really seems to be just a lottery.
    The online sure-fire way to get tickets was to queue at the Arena itself.

Well this is hilarious. So anyone who didn't get a ticket just needs to wait until tickettosser cancel all the tickets of people who bought for more than one night. Should be about half the tour going on sale again. Also we're supposed to believe that they'll be checking IDs and credit cards of everybody at the venues.

I do not believe these things will happen.

It would certainly take a long time if they had to check the name on the credit card in that tiny writing and then the name, and face, on the ID Card.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,851 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

It's not really, I mean your sort of looking for them to clarify a negative. Nowhere on the faq or t&c's does it say that you can't buy a ticket for another night (event).

Therefore we can assume that you can, like every other band touring since the dawn of time, imo.

What about the people who rang up Ticketmaster in advance and were told it was 2 tickets max across all the Irish gigs ,not 2 per night ?
    Well i'm just back from Amsterdam,were i used the same credit card for both the sat & sun gigs(had 2tickets for each show).Had no tickets cancelled and i also booked London 3&4 with the same card,again no tickets cancelled.People have no need to worry but only problem that could occur is if you booked more than 2 Tickets for the same night with the same card/address etc

Different rules applied in those circumstances ,it clearly stated maximum number of tickets per event for those gigs.
    Demand for Irish gigs was much higher too ,hence the two ticket maximum.

Personally I believe it will be 2 tickets max per night that they will most likely implement.

• Advertisement

It would certainly take a long time if they had to check the name on the credit card in that tiny writing and then the name, and face, on the ID Card.

Do the tickets have the name of the credit card holder on them or will they have to scan the ticket and swipe the card? Or maybe the last 4 digits will be on the ticket. Either way, best to arrive 4 hours before the start time to avoid the delays.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭total former

Vertigo100 wrote: »

It's a far better system than the usual method of selling tickets.

When you're on three devices yourself, I'm not sure you can complain about delays on ticketmaster.

• Registered Users Posts: 722 ✭✭✭psychozeb

Have been to a few ticket less gigs in the O2 in London and system works fine.one person scans the card and other checks I'd.was quite efficient.

• Registered Users Posts: 829 ✭✭✭MattKid

I'm glad I subscribed to U2.com when they announced the tour last year, the presale was a breeze, I was watching a couple friends at work frantically and unsuccessfully trying for tickets online this morning.

Do the tickets have the name of the credit card holder on them or will they have to scan the ticket and swipe the card? Or maybe the last 4 digits will be on the ticket. Either way, best to arrive 4 hours before the start time to avoid the delays.

There are no tickets.

There are no tickets.

I just twigged that. Foolishly believed it meant they were print at home rather than non-existing.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

psychozeb wrote: »
    Have been to a few ticket less gigs in the O2 in London and system works fine.one person scans the card and other checks I'd.was quite efficient.

The last paperless gig I was at in the 3Arena when it was the O2 it was more or less the same system. They swipe the credit card on a machine similar to a chip&pin machine and give you a wristband. Didn't ask for ID though but that was because it was Michael McIntyre I think (and demand wasn't as ferocious).

• Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭Idioteque

Toast wrote: »
    Was there any indication when buying seating tickets that the buyer would have to be present on the night with ID or was that restriction only communicated in the one line in the FAQ?

From what I can see, it's only the standing tickets that have the ID and card holder requirement (seeing as they won't have a ticket already).

The seating tickets don't have that requirement as they'll get their tickets in the post.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,274 ✭✭✭cocker5

wooooo hooo got tickets for the Friday gig standing....

cannot believe my luck

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭TomPetty

Hi Folks,
    Managed to get two standing tickets for the Mon Night for myself and my 8 Year Old Son who is simply U2 mental !!
    Having never missed an Irish U2 show myself since 1985, was delighted with myself.
    Have since been told by a friend, that there may be an issue with my 8 year old being allowed into the Standing area. Both devastated :-(
    Is this strictly enforced do you know ?
    Signed : Two very disappointed fans !!

Advertisement