Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

U2 Innocence & Experience Tour 2015 (Dublin and Belfast gigs confirmed, post #275)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,037 ✭✭✭lukin

Pardon my ignorance but how does this ticketless thing work?The credit card you bought them with is scanned at the door?

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭sbEdge

I got tickets for the shows in London when they went on sale last year. They were sold through axs.com. It was a dream to use compared to ticketmaster. You could choose how many tickets you wanted and enter all your details and payment information while waiting for the tickets to go on sale. Then when they went on sale, your tickets appeared on screen immediately and all you had to do was press "buy tickets". I don't know why ticketmaster can't implement such a system.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,274 ✭✭✭cocker5

TomPetty wrote: »
    Hi Folks,
    Managed to get two standing tickets for the Mon Night for myself and my 8 Year Old Son who is simply U2 mental !!
    Having never missed an Irish U2 show myself since 1985, was delighted with myself.
    Have since been told by a friend, that there may be an issue with my 8 year old being allowed into the Standing area. Both devastated :-(
    Is this strictly enforced do you know ?
    Signed : Two very disappointed fans !!

Just checked it out for you :

what age restrictions apply to tickets?

➤3 Arena, Dublin : Under 16’s must be accompanied by an adult over 18 at all times. No under 14s in the standing area.

http://blog.ticketmaster.ie/music/faqs-u2-innocence-experience-tour-2015-3555

so sorry :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭setanta74

Pepsicass wrote: »
    I got two tickets for the Fri night. €77 for both - second row in block D, almost centre of row. No mention of restricted view. Can someone explain the screen to me and how it might impede our view and whether it's there the whole time. Will we still have a good view of the actual band or will that be restricted as well? Regardless, I'm delighted with the two tickets at a super price!

Dont sweat it. My tickets were €77 as well for both and are bang in line with the end of the screen so I wont see it. Not bothered at all. Its about the music right ;)

Loads of clips on youtube will give you an idea and you can see full gigs where you can see the screen is actually up for a good deal of the gig and you should get great views of the smaller stage especially.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,069 ✭✭✭Irish Aris

lukin wrote: »
    Pardon my ignorance but how does this ticketless thing work?The credit card you bought them with is scanned at the door?

yes.
    The way it was at Michael Buble they had a machine and swiped my card and it printed a (kind of) ticket on the spot.
    Mind you, I can't recall if they checked ID.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 853 ✭✭✭polydactyl

Maybe once you get there you can swap with someone for seated? Many would gladly awap seats for standing and then you could still go and still get through the paperless ticket barrier as you will be there.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 ronanclinton

I found it almost impossible to get the tickets this morning, issues with the Visa Verify etc. However in my frustration I did manage to get tickets. Only when I checked after the purchase did I notice they are Student tickets and they will require student ID. I paid approx €82 e for 2 tickets. From what I heard, the student issue was a mistake and I hope there are no issues with getting into the gig on Monday 23rd.

Irish Aris wrote: »
    yes.
    The way it was at Michael Buble they had a machine and swiped my card and it printed a (kind of) ticket on the spot.

I'd prefer to have the ticket in my hand going to the gig but if that's the way they do it then I suppose I'll have to live with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭TomPetty

polydactyl wrote: »
    Maybe once you get there you can swap with someone for seated? Many would gladly awap seats for standing and then you could still go and still get through the paperless ticket barrier as you will be there.

That would be fantastic - I wonder would there be many people willing to give up their comfy seats on the night and would the venue support this ??

• Registered Users Posts: 41 wiciu.o

This price €185 for standard ticket took me completely by surprise. :eek:
    I saw before that price range is €30 - €185 but thought that upper price range is for some premium tickets.
    I was rather expecting something in €70-90€ range.

They should have provided more info on ticket price breakdown to help people make more conscious decision rather than have seconds to decide.
    Especially the gapbetween seating €90 and €185 tickets :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Irish Aris wrote: »
    yes.

THANK YOU.

It was wrecking my head so much all day when this happened to me before, was convinced it was Michael McIntyre but couldn't put my finger on it.

Ahhhhhhhhh.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,445 ✭✭✭recyclops

just had a look on seatwave, some insane prices there for tickets that were already insane prices.

its crazy to think this is a ticketmaster funded racquet

• Registered Users Posts: 3,274 ✭✭✭cocker5

Paid €77.50 for standing which isnt too bad

I found it almost impossible to get the tickets this morning, issues with the Visa Verify etc. However in my frustration I did manage to get tickets. Only when I checked after the purchase did I notice they are Student tickets and they will require student ID. I paid approx €82 e for 2 tickets. From what I heard, the student issue was a mistake and I hope there are no issues with getting into the gig on Monday 23rd, as I am not a student?

That would be fantastic - I wonder would there be many people willing to give up their comfy seats on the night and would the venue support this ??

Won't happen. The standing areas and seated areas are completely segregated. They filter all standing and seated through different entrances and the stairs between two areas are closed off.

There's no link between the two (apart from the disabled lift if I remember correctly).

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

Perhaps put a post here or up on toutless.com explaining your situation in order to have some to arrange a swap once there??

• Registered Users Posts: 853 ✭✭✭polydactyl

Well I cant speak for the venue but maybe.I know they often accomodate pregnant women with issues like this e.g. bought standing and then realised it would not be possible. As for swapping, I can only speak for my husband who if he had even the 196 euro tickets would willingly directly swap them for GA no problem.

I found it almost impossible to get the tickets this morning, issues with the Visa Verify etc. However in my frustration I did manage to get tickets. Only when I checked after the purchase did I notice they are Student tickets and they will require student ID. I paid approx €82 e for 2 tickets (seated). From what I heard, the student issue was a mistake and I hope there are no issues with getting into the gig on Monday 23rd, as I am not a student?

I have just noticed the credit card I bought my tickets with expires at the end of this October. That isn't going to matter I hope?

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭TomPetty

Well I cant speak for the venue but maybe.I know they often accomodate pregnant women with issues like this e.g. bought standing and then realised it would not be possible. As for swapping, I can only speak for my husband who if he had even the 196 euro tickets would willingly directly swap them for GA no problem.

Thanks a million for the advice folks - Will do that suggestion about posting to see if anybody is interested in swapping. Here's hoping ... :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭sbEdge

lukin wrote: »
    I have just noticed the credit card I bought my tickets with expires at the end of this October. That isn't going to matter I hope?

Keep the expired card, you can still use for entry to the arena, that was confirmed by u2.com

sbEdge wrote: »
    Keep the expired card, you can still use for entry to the arena, that was confirmed by u2.com

Fecking good job I asked. I would have probably used the scissors on it at the end of October if I hadn't.

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭Mumser

My husband got 2 GA standing tickets and I got 2 GA standing tickets for the same night. We are delighted as we can now bring our sons - they are over 14. My confirmation refers to GA2. Does anyone know if we might be assigned to different sections of the standing area? Or if we enter together can we all go to the same area? Really want to go together.
    Thanks.

Mumser wrote: »
    My husband got 2 GA standing tickets and I got 2 GA standing tickets for the same night. We are delighted as we can now bring our sons - they are over 14. My confirmation refers to GA2. Does anyone know if we might be assigned to different sections of the standing area? Or if we enter together can we all go to the same area? Really want to go together.
    Thanks.

No they're just a numbering system don't worry. The GA areas are all the same. You'll all be going through the same entrance so you'll be absolutely fine, whether you go in together or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 722 ✭✭✭psychozeb

Thanks a million for the advice folks - Will do that suggestion about posting to see if anybody is interested in swapping. Here's hoping ... :rolleyes:

I'd be interested but I've only the one ticket for the friday or Saturday .and they might be restricted view

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭joinme

cocker5 wrote: »
    wooooo hooo got tickets for the Friday gig standing....

cannot believe my luck

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

did you just get them this afternoon?

• Registered Users Posts: 45,496 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

It's only ticketless for standing.

Option was there to post tickets for seated tickets

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭sarachryan

Basq wrote: »
    Had 2 decent tickets in the bag for Friday - Block E, Back Row, Middle Seats.

Hit 'Continue'.. then 'We Are Unable To Process Your Request'.

Tits.. not gonna bother now!

EDIT: Block M now.. a-no-thank-you!

Enjoy anyways all!

I think Block E will be very restricted. Can't see screen. Block M are pretty good I think

• Registered Users Posts: 15,995 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

I'll gladly swap with you if you are going on Friday night?
    wiciu.o wrote: »
    They should have provided more info on ticket price breakdown to help people make more conscious decision rather than have seconds to decide.
    Especially the gapbetween seating €90 and €185 tickets :confused:

They did :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

I am not comfortable with the idea of not having a ticket going to the gig. I just don't like it. Ticketmaster shouldn't be allowed to do that.

Advertisement