Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

U2 Innocence & Experience Tour 2015 (Dublin and Belfast gigs confirmed, post #275)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,995 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

I found it almost impossible to get the tickets this morning, issues with the Visa Verify etc. However in my frustration I did manage to get tickets. Only when I checked after the purchase did I notice they are Student tickets and they will require student ID. I paid approx €82 e for 2 tickets. From what I heard, the student issue was a mistake and I hope there are no issues with getting into the gig on Monday 23rd.
    I found it almost impossible to get the tickets this morning, issues with the Visa Verify etc. However in my frustration I did manage to get tickets. Only when I checked after the purchase did I notice they are Student tickets and they will require student ID. I paid approx €82 e for 2 tickets. From what I heard, the student issue was a mistake and I hope there are no issues with getting into the gig on Monday 23rd, as I am not a student?
    I found it almost impossible to get the tickets this morning, issues with the Visa Verify etc. However in my frustration I did manage to get tickets. Only when I checked after the purchase did I notice they are Student tickets and they will require student ID. I paid approx €82 e for 2 tickets (seated). From what I heard, the student issue was a mistake and I hope there are no issues with getting into the gig on Monday 23rd, as I am not a student?

once was enough you know!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 45,499 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

lukin wrote: »
    I am not comfortable with the idea of not having a ticket going to the gig. I just don't like it. Ticketmaster shouldn't be allowed to do that.

You will have a printout with a barcode no?

I've been to ticketless gigs before. They just scan the barcode on your printout.

What type of ticket have you got?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,037 ✭✭✭lukin

rarnes1 wrote: »
    You will have a printout with a barcode no?

I've been to ticketless gigs before. They just scan the barcode on your printout.

What type of ticket have you got?

Somebody else just said they scan the credit card? All I have to print on My Account in tickemaster is the receipt. It says "Your tickets are being processed" under order status. Says "paperless delivery" under "Type".

• Registered Users Posts: 41 wiciu.o

Seve OB wrote: »
    They did :rolleyes:

You mean that standing is 70 and seating restricted is 90 and so on?
    Could you point me to that info, thanks.

Somebody else just said they scan the credit card? All I have to print on My Account in tickemaster is the receipt. It says "Your tickets are being processed" under order status. Says "paperless delivery" under "Type".

From experience you will print a ticket and then they scan at the door.

Unless this is another way which I don't know about.

• Advertisement

This guy said they swipe your card (meaning credit card) and the ticket is printed there and then:
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=97006811&postcount=1146

really!!!!! have you not read any of this or the other thread or the ticketmaster website?????

• Registered Users Posts: 2,020 ✭✭✭Wooderson

The Nal wrote: »
    239 Euro!! :eek:

Booked two flights to Milan for that yesterday. Myself and the missus, return flights to Italy for less than one ticket to see U2.

The Troubles indeed.

Emmm. We geddit. You think the shows a rippoff.

:):):)

Ok, news to me.

It'll cut out touts which is a good thing.

I selected posted tickets, but they were seated

I don't get a ticket. It says so here

• Advertisement

I don't get a ticket. It says so here

Standing ticket?

Standing ticket?

Yep. Standing ticket is paperless, seating isn't.

I have been given a section, row and seat number even though I selected standing?
    From what it says here if the section mentions "GA", then it's General Admission or a standing ticket. The "2" probably refers to the entrance that you're supposed to enter from. Standing tickets will mention row and seat numbers probably just to fill in those fields but the tickets are still standing.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 kearney68

Lads, got a seated ticket for the first gig(Monday night in Dublin) for €195.
    Managed to get a cheaper standing ticket after in one of the Belfast gigs so have the Dublin 23rd seated ticket available if any genuine fan is looking for a single

• Registered Users Posts: 38,418 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

kearney68 wrote: »
    Lads, got a seated ticket for the first gig(Monday night in Dublin) for €195.
    Managed to get a cheaper standing ticket after in one of the Belfast gigs so have the Dublin 23rd seated ticket available if any genuine fan is looking for a single

Where is the seat ??

• Registered Users Posts: 24 kearney68

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Where is the seat ??

Seat location: section BLOCKH, row 45
    Total Charge: €198.10

• Closed Accounts Posts: 430 ✭✭6am7f9zxrsjvnb

Important question which could be relevant to a few people here......my wife got 2 tickets for the Saturday night using HER credit card.
    She has no interest in going,they're for me and a friend...Does the cardholder have to be present at the gig???

• Registered Users Posts: 38,418 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

kearney68 wrote: »
    Seat location: section BLOCKH, row 45
    Total Charge: €198.10
    ill leave it off. have tickets to the tuesday night.

Important question which could be relevant to a few people here......my wife got 2 tickets for the Saturday night using HER credit card.
    She has no interest in going,they're for me and a friend...Does the cardholder have to be present at the gig???

Apparently so

• Registered Users Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭hawkelady

Does anyone know which areas (A-Z) will be restricted views at the 3arena ?

• Advertisement

Seve OB wrote: »
    Apparently so

What if I have the actual card with me? I could accept being told to take a running jump if I had a flimsy receipt with me,but surely the credit card would suffice?

• Registered Users Posts: 790 ✭✭✭SQ2

What if I have the actual card with me? I could accept being told to take a running jump if I had a flimsy receipt with me,but surely the credit card would suffice?

Just a swipe of the card is needed I believe

• Registered Users Posts: 1,330 ✭✭✭readytosnap

If they are GA tickets you will not be getting in unless she goes in as well, if they are seated there wont be an issue
    hawkelady wrote: »
    Does anyone know which areas (A-Z) will be restricted views at the 3arena ?

D & L though these sections are directly at the end of the stage and a good view of the long walkway stage right up to the main stage would be available from those sections, when it comes to seeing the screen they will be the worst 2 sections.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

I am not comfortable with the idea of not having a ticket going to the gig. I just don't like it. Ticketmaster shouldn't be allowed to do that.
    well that's what the band wanted, so blame them if you're unhappy with it.
    the band and promoter set out the conditions, ticketmaster just handle the logistics of their wishes.

SQ2 wrote: »

For GA tickets you must provide photo id as well

SQ2 wrote: »

I hope you're right! I dunno,the website is categorical that the cardholder has to be present.I'll have to speak to someone in customer service tomorrow.
    It states that 'tickets' can't be 'gifts',but believe me,my wife expects to be paid in full!
    The fact that customers had no choice but to buy paperless standing tickets online should mean that several hundred fans are pissed off they have to attend with disinterested parents/spouses/grandfathers ect.

I hope you're right! I dunno,the website is categorical that the cardholder has to be present.I'll have to speak to someone in customer service tomorrow.
    It states that 'tickets' can't be 'gifts',but believe me,my wife expects to be paid in full!
    The fact that customers had no choice but to buy paperless standing tickets online should mean that several hundred fans are pissed off they have to attend with disinterested parents/spouses/grandfathers ect.

A Paperless Ticket event is when the Credit or Debit Card that was used at the time of booking to purchase tickets is used as the customer's ticket/entry into the event.
    You will not receive physical paper tickets for Paperless Ticket events. Instead of going to the venue's Box Office, you simply go direct to the door, present a valid photo ID (such as a driver's license or passport) and swipe the credit card that was used to purchase entry to the event. Your entire party must enter the venue at the same time with the valid credit card and the tickets are non-transferable.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 MaxManis

I'm in a similar position, i used my mothers credit card on my ticketmaster account but ticket is in her name now. From what I here its at the venues discretion some will allow card holder to walk up swipe card and show ID and let person who is taking there place in. Ticketmaster Ireland seem to be the only ones who could shed some light on this.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 MaxManis

This is from Ticketmaster America website which you would think would have similar policies:

If the artist, team, or venue uses Ticketmaster Ticket Transfer, you can send the tickets to anyone you want – free! To see if Ticket Transfer is an option for your event, just click the order number under Order History in My Account and look for the Transfer Tickets button.

If you don’t see the button, you may be able to walk your group to the entrance and show your credit card and ID to get them in. But please check with the venue!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,853 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

Yup, it comes down from the ceiling, but it's always visible and always somewhat in the way if you are sitting in line with it. Lower tier seats should be fine though.

Do you reckon they will be able to fit the full screen into the 3arena ?

The screen is 32 yards long so it should just about fit.
    The front of the stage to the back of the standing area is ~35 yards but there could be issues with angles looking down at the runway so they may hoist the screen up pretty high and have it partly running over the front few rows of seats I'm thinking.

Advertisement