Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

U2 Innocence & Experience Tour 2015 (Dublin and Belfast gigs confirmed, post #275)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 430 ✭✭6am7f9zxrsjvnb

MaxManis wrote: »
    I'm in a similar position, i used my mothers credit card on my ticketmaster account but ticket is in her name now. From what I here its at the venues discretion some will allow card holder to walk up swipe card and show ID and let person who is taking there place in. Ticketmaster Ireland seem to be the only ones who could shed some light on this.

It's bloody annoying! Simply having the credit card eliminates the touting issue.I also have a strong suspicion that staff won't bother with the photo ID once the card is valid.
    Don't know who to feel more sorry for,my U2 hating wife or my U2 loving buddy..
    Our only hope is that there's another 800 or so cranky fans in the same boat-that might force them to ease the restriction.
    It's not like Gen.Admission fans were given a choice.

• Registered Users Posts: 417 ✭✭Pandiani

Someone on twitter asked the Ticketmaster Customer Service(@TMIECS) this question "Hi. Bought GA tickets for U2 shows on family member's credit card. The card owner won't be present. Am I still good to go?" and the response he got was "As long as you have the card you will be ok on the night." So zero panic for people who used someone elses card.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,376 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

Important question which could be relevant to a few people here......my wife got 2 tickets for the Saturday night using HER credit card.
    She has no interest in going,they're for me and a friend...Does the cardholder have to be present at the gig???

Basically YOU will be the cardholder on the night as you'll need it to gain entry and your friend must enter at the same time is all and shouldn't be an issue perhaps relative I.D. might be needed but I'm sure some clarity should come soon.

On the entrance thing the norm is entrance 1 & 3 are standing tickets they lead to same area with entrance 2 being for seated. Usually the entrance is printed on ticket when they are posted out but as standing this time won't be getting posted will people just be just be queing wherever they like upon entry?

• Registered Users Posts: 48 SullDog

Hi guys, Just thought I'd let you know what I found out today after roughly 30 minutes on hold to Ticketmaster customer service. Similar to most of the posts on here regarding paperless tickets I bought tickets using my father's credit card (I had read the T&C's prior to booking but thought I'd try for the tickets first and worry about problems later) So anyways I rang Ticketmaster and the lad on the phone said that "ONCE YOU HAVE THE CREDIT CARD USED TO MAKE THE BOOKING PRESENT ON THE NIGHT OF THE GIG THEY'LL JUST SWIPE IT AT ENTRY AND THEN GIVE YOU A SLIP OF PAPER TO GAIN ENTRY. HOWEVER IT WOULD BE IDEAL IF THE CARD HOLDER THEMSELVES WAS PRESENT EVEN IF THEY ARE NOT ATTENDING THE GIG ITSELF". Hopefully that puts some worried minds at ease! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,852 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

Pandiani wrote: »
    Someone on twitter asked the Ticketmaster Customer Service(@TMIECS) this question "Hi. Bought GA tickets for U2 shows on family member's credit card. The card owner won't be present. Am I still good to go?" and the response he got was "As long as you have the card you will be ok on the night." So zero panic for people who used someone elses card.

So they are basically not going to implement the rules properly it would seem .
    Why do they even bother adopting paperless if they dont enforce it .
    If Id isnt enforced it plays right into the hands of touts who will have simply bought the tickets using Visa gift cards and sell them on so.

• Advertisement

If Id isnt enforced it plays right into the hands of touts who will have simply bought the tickets using Visa gift cards and sell them on so.

Fail to see the logic of your argument. The credit card HAS to be there,just not necessarily the owner of the card.
    eg. wife gives husband card-no touts.

Fail to see the logic of your argument. The credit card HAS to be there,just not necessarily the owner of the card.
    eg. wife gives husband card-no touts.

You can get Visa gift cards ,basically prepaid credit cards .
    The tout buys the tickets using this,then sells the card to the public.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭total former

Lol. How many of those do you think there are?? And who in their right mind would buy a used-up Visa gift card from a random tout in the hope that it will get them into the U2 gig??

Lol. How many of those do you think there are??

Loads I'm afraid .

You can get Visa gift cards ,basically prepaid credit cards .
    The tout buys the tickets using this,then sells the card to the public.

Apologies.I was unaware such cards existed...Surely Ticketmaster are wise to that?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭total former

Loads I'm afraid .

I seriously doubt it, but even if you were right, the system used today is infinitely more tout-proof than the usual Ticketmaster system.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,330 ✭✭✭readytosnap

tickets cannot be bought with a pre paid credit card

tickets cannot be bought with a pre paid credit card

Hey readytosnap,
    You seem to know a bit about Ticketmaster policy.
    Do you reckon they'll enforce the photo ID?

• Registered Users Posts: 86,615 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

What was the dearest ticket cost direct from ticketmaster?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,344 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

JP Liz V1 wrote: »

I saw the VIP Travel package for £777.50 still on sale just before 4pm for one of the Belfast gigs. Could only be bought in pairs too although Ticketbastard kindly weren't charging a booking fee. No idea what the package includes - Superbowl tickets for that price I'd hope

• Registered Users Posts: 6,376 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

JP Liz V1 wrote: »

In Dublin...

€191 seated dearest

€280 for their music generation ticket

dearer choices elsewhere on ticketmaster nd related sites (as in directly related)

Hey readytosnap,
    You seem to know a bit about Ticketmaster policy.
    Do you reckon they'll enforce the photo ID?

That's a "how long is a piece of string" question, I would think that the policy for i.d. has nothing to do with TM I would say that restriction has been put in place by the organiser (U2/LiveNation) in an attempt to stop the scalpers. I would be very surprised if it were not enforced, especially at the Irish dates ( due to the limited availability), I know I would be having a squeaky bum moment in the queue in that situation. But having said that, they could be flexible enough to allow the card holder to be there and provide the i.d. ( like if it was your granny bought your tickets etc), I could not say for sure and if people are in the situation where they only have the card (not theirs) and they are asked for i.d. God only knows how that's gonna end.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭nxbyveromdwjpg

Loads I'm afraid .

I'm sorry but you're jumping the shark now.

I think you've completely made that up. I've been buying tickets and going to gigs and buying tickets second hand for the guts of 20 years and I've never ever heard of that.

That's a "how long is a piece of string" question, I would think that the policy for i.d. has nothing to do with TM I would say that restriction has been put in place by the organiser (U2/LiveNation) in an attempt to stop the scalpers. I would be very surprised if it were not enforced, especially at the Irish dates ( due to the limited availability), I know I would be having a squeaky bum moment in the queue in that situation. But having said that, they could be flexible enough to allow the card holder to be there and provide the i.d. ( like if it was your granny bought your tickets etc), I could not say for sure and if people are in the situation where they only have the card (not theirs) and they are asked for i.d. God only knows how that's gonna end.

If they're enforced on the night or not won't make a blind bit of difference to a tout, the deal is long done and the cash is pocketed.

The safe guards were all in place this morning and the warnings and what not and between that and the face value price I don't think there will be much of a market here for touts at all (so mission accomplished).

But turning away people with completely valid tickets on the night because their wife used her card on the day of sale accomplishes nothing but chaos. Common sense will prevail in such situations.

Collie D wrote: »
    I saw the VIP Travel package. No idea what the package includes -

Two (2) Premium Reserved price level 1 tickets within first 10 rows, guaranteed. Limited quantity!
    Exceptional hotel accommodations, one (1) double occupancy room
    Shuttle transportation from hotel to U2 show and return
    Private pre-show reception with hors d’oeuvres & bar (beer & wine)
    Exclusive U2 VIP Package gift, not available to
    general public
    VIP entrance into the concert
    Official U2 laminate
    Dedicated VIP hotel check-in with travel concierge
    Entry into a drawing for a pre show backstage tour

• Advertisement

If they're enforced on the night or not won't make a blind bit of difference to a tout, the deal is long done and the cash is pocketed.

But turning away people with completely valid tickets on the night because their wife used her card on the day of sale accomplishes nothing but chaos. Common sense will prevail in such situations.

You are of course correct in relation to your tout comment, however I would not have your confidence in relation to the non attendance of the CC owner as the T&C clearly state:

➤General Admission (standing) tickets are Paperless – what does this mean?
    • Fans buying floor sections will not receive a physical ticket. Think of the card used to make the purchase as your ticket. When you arrive at the venue, the venue staff will swipe your card at the doors and admit you to the standing section.
    • Students must also present their student ID for each ticket purchased.
    Regular ticket holders must also present a valid govt issued photo ID for the purchaser only.
    Paperless tickets are not transferrable. You cannot buy a Paperless ticket as a gift for someone else. You can only buy a paperless ticket if you (the card holder) will be attending the event in person. If you buy 2 paperless tickets, your companion must enter at the same time as you.
    There are NO EXCEPTIONS to these rules.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

ticketmaster customer service reps have already contradicted those rules.

You are of course correct in relation to your tout comment, however I would not have your confidence in relation to the non attendance of the CC owner as the T&C clearly state:

➤General Admission (standing) tickets are Paperless – what does this mean?
    • Fans buying floor sections will not receive a physical ticket. Think of the card used to make the purchase as your ticket. When you arrive at the venue, the venue staff will swipe your card at the doors and admit you to the standing section.
    • Students must also present their student ID for each ticket purchased.
    Regular ticket holders must also present a valid govt issued photo ID for the purchaser only.
    Paperless tickets are not transferrable. You cannot buy a Paperless ticket as a gift for someone else. You can only buy a paperless ticket if you (the card holder) will be attending the event in person. If you buy 2 paperless tickets, your companion must enter at the same time as you.
    There are NO EXCEPTIONS to these rules.

Horses mouth -

https://twitter.com/TMIECS/status/643443564878397440

• Registered Users Posts: 702 ✭✭✭RolandGoose

Did anybody else try to book tickets using the TM app this morning?
    I did and it totally screwed me!

The app froze at a certain part of the searching screen for 15 minutes!
    I clicked in at the stroke of 9am and got nothing!

Very annoying considering people were getting tickets at 9:30am!

Did anyone else experience something similar?

Well needless to say, if I can be anybody with 2 tickets +1 I will be eternally grateful! (obviously paying face value for the ticket / entrance)

Despite being a huge U2 fan I always seem to get screwed over one way or another when their tickets go onsale.

I had heard the app was very reliable in these type of scenarios, its well and truly the last time I will use it for sure!

Well I hope you are right, though I wasn't aware that TM staff were the people who checked your card and i.d. when you went to a concert, I thought they were just the selling agent, no?
    so the event staff would actually have nothing to do with TM they would be employed by the event organiser. that would be my reading of the situation and if I am correct in that assumption then the info attained on twitter from TM would hold no water for me. Their (TM) contract extends to selling and facilitating reselling at extortionate rates.

Do you reckon they will be able to fit the full screen into the 3arena ?

The screen is 32 yards long so it should just about fit.
    The front of the stage to the back of the standing area is ~35 yards but there could be issues with angles looking down at the runway so they may hoist the screen up pretty high and have it partly running over the front few rows of seats I'm thinking.

Anyway to answer my own question ,U2's tour manager has confirmed in this clip (1 minute mark on) that Dublin will be getting the full stage and show production with the full sized screen .
    Superb !

Press reports have the capacity for the Dublin gigs at 10k and Belfast at 8.5k btw so well below the maximum capacity of 14,500 in the 3arena.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,111 ✭✭✭lucylu

Did anybody else try to book tickets using the TM app this morning?
    I did and it totally screwed me!

The app froze at a certain part of the searching screen for 15 minutes!
    I clicked in at the stroke of 9am and got nothing!

Very annoying considering people were getting tickets at 9:30am!

Did anyone else experience something similar?

Well needless to say, if I can be anybody with 2 tickets +1 I will be eternally grateful! (obviously paying face value for the ticket / entrance)

Despite being a huge U2 fan I always seem to get screwed over one way or another when their tickets go onsale.

I had heard the app was very reliable in these type of scenarios, its well and truly the last time I will use it for sure!

I got screwed over by the ticketmaster app on last Friday trying to get kodaline tickets and again this morning
    Last Friday I was about to purchase 2 seated kodaline tickets but my credit card had expired and it said add new card from the app ..filled in the details and I got a cannot connect to the server. Tried it 3 times same error each time .so no kodaline tickets . (Saw them in kilmanhan earlier in the year bought tickets via app had thme in seconds)...anyway Went onto the full site to Register my credit card all set for this morning .
    It was about 9.03 I was offered to buy 2 * 185 euro tickets = 398.50 and when I pressed the buy button to enter the 3 digit code on the back of the card..same sh ite. Cannot connect to the server please try later. .. I have been to see them over their last 5 tours. .ah well suppose to look on the bright side I am the guts of 400 better off..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭horseburger

Well I hope you are right, though I wasn't aware that TM staff were the people who checked your card and i.d. when you went to a concert, I thought they were just the selling agent, no?
    so the event staff would actually have nothing to do with TM they would be employed by the event organiser. that would be my reading of the situation and if I am correct in that assumption then the info attained on twitter from TM would hold no water for me. Their (TM) contract extends to selling and facilitating reselling at extortionate rates.

I would be inclined to go with the twitter response by Ticketmaster to which Col. Nathan R. Jessup referred, since it is the official Ticketmaster IE customer service account:

https://twitter.com/TMIECS/status/643443564878397440

I would imagine that even if the event staff had an issue with a card, surely they'd then refer the customer to the Ticketmaster box office, near entrance 1 at the venue, from where the customer could then prove, by quoting their booking confirmation order number, that the ticket was bought with the card they brought to the gig.

If it did kick up and the customer was refused entry, the customer could justifiably argue that there was hypocrisy in the rules for buying tickets, as a result of the way there is a facility through Ticketmaster, to sell on the more expensive seated tickets through Seatwave for even higher prices with "ticket prices set by the sellers" which "may be higher than face value", with some of its U2 Dublin ticket listings not indicating where exactly the seats are located, with booking fees that cost over 200 euros to do things like "provide a team of passionate people".

Many of the tickets available on Seatwave for the Dublin U2 shows are priced between 500 and 800 euros each and others even more expensive.

As well as that, there didn't seem to be definite confirmation, with regard to the limit of tickets; whether is was two per show, or two tickets for the four Dublin shows, or two tickets in total for the six shows, in Dublin and Belfast. The poster for the gig stated two tickets per person/transaction.

Does that mean that a person buying two tickets for a Belfast gig, could not buy two other tickets for one of the Dublin gigs using the same card for both gigs?

The Odyssey Arena guidelines stated beforehand that it was two tickets for one show. There were no prior guidelines as specific as that for the Dublin gigs.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

I think it's fair to say that going strictly by the rules and FAQ, you need to be the cardholder or be with the cardholder and have valid ID on the night, and both be going to the gig for the paperless tickets.

But from what Ticketmaster on Twitter are saying as quoted above, it seems like they are having more sense and allowing just the presentation of the card which to be honest is the most logical move to make. Realistically, if they started ID'ing X-thousand people on the door, it's going to be utter chaos. No ticket tout is going to sell a ticket and provide the buyer with their credit card, and hope the buyer will come around the smoking area and hand it back, it just ain't gonna happen so it still 'defeats' touts.

It is an absolute mess of a situation as who knows, you might get a jobsworth on the day who works for the 3Arena and enforces the rules to a tee. Or, and hopefully it is the case, there'll be a decree set out to all staff at that entrance that swiping the card is all that is required.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭lambayire

I have used the paperless ticketing system before at the venue. It worked a treat
    for the Robbie Williams gig 3 years ago. We were apprehensive as we approached the door
    with just the card that we used to buy the tickets online. It was our first time using that system.

You put the card into the machine, you get a ticket, you go into the venue.
    Those swiping the cards don't give a flying f*ck about who owns the card.
    Anyone ever used a partner's card in the local shop?

It is that simple. Give yourself plenty of time. It's obviously a little bit slower for each transaction.
    It takes a few seconds longer than the normal way of entry.
    But then again, if you are arriving in any way late for a U2 gig in Dublin, you wouldn't have any sympathy
    from me!

It would seem that the student ticket situation will not be an issue.
    It has affected too many people for them be able to do anything on the night.

I just wish every ticket for the show was paperless. But I suppose with so many tickets needed
    for family, friends, hangers on, they could not do that for the seats.

Advertisement