Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

U2 Innocence & Experience Tour 2015 (Dublin and Belfast gigs confirmed, post #275)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭mollser

The amount of bandwagoners going to this gig, loads of my work colleagues got tickets but are really only going because 'they wouldn't mind seeing them' and such and such. I've seen them tonnes of times and was quite excited about it, especially to see them in an arena setting.

What can we do about bandwagoners in this country?? Every flippin event!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭innuendo141

mollser wrote: »
    The amount of bandwagoners going to this gig, loads of my work colleagues got tickets but are really only going because 'they wouldn't mind seeing them' and such and such. I've seen them tonnes of times and was quite excited about it, especially to see them in an arena setting.

What can we do about bandwagoners in this country?? Every flippin event!

All you can do is get over it. I've never seen them before, really liked last album, decided to go, got a ticket.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

I'd hardly call those people bandwagoners.

It's my first time seeing U2 and I certainly don't feel like a bandwagoner.

If it was a case of supporting a football team all year and missing out on tickets to a final due to fairweather fans then I'd see your point.

But people (especially Irish) like U2, and certainly have every right to go to a gig for the first time as much as someone who saw them 10/20 years ago. Nobody likes music snobs ;)

On the flip side, you've seen them before, let the newbies get a glimpse! Haha :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭Batesy

I've been longing to see U2 play an indoor gig for over 20 years and couldn't get a ticket.

To say I'm sick is an understatement. Can't believe I'm gonna miss it.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 MaxManis

It's bloody annoying! Simply having the credit card eliminates the touting issue.I also have a strong suspicion that staff won't bother with the photo ID once the card is valid.
    Don't know who to feel more sorry for,my U2 hating wife or my U2 loving buddy..
    Our only hope is that there's another 800 or so cranky fans in the same boat-that might force them to ease the restriction.
    It's not like Gen.Admission fans were given a choice.

I tweeted Ticketmaster this morning and this was their response:

@TMIECS Hi I bought a U2 standing ticket on my account but with my mothers credit card, what do I require to bring to gain access?
    @Max_Manis Hi Ronan you will need to bring the card used for the purchase and your own photo ID.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭mollser

If it was a case of supporting a football team all year and missing out on tickets to a final due to fairweather fans then I'd see your point.

On the flip side, you've seen them before, let the newbies get a glimpse! Haha :)

I think this is exactly the point!! I'm well used to the whole bandwagoner thing at this stage, so am also well over it. I just find the mentality of the Irish person gas - big 'event' and they're all over it, whether they're into it or not.

Happens in sport particularly as well, the amount of people I know going to England for the rugby world cup, who have barely been to a match before, is astonishing - and paying a fortune for it too! Its just mad Ted!

Actually, my terminology may be offensive - perhaps 'Big Event Junkies' is a more apt description!!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,100 ✭✭✭eviltimeban

MaxManis wrote: »
    I tweeted Ticketmaster this morning and this was their response:

@TMIECS Hi I bought a U2 standing ticket on my account but with my mothers credit card, what do I require to bring to gain access?
    @Max_Manis Hi Ronan you will need to bring the card used for the purchase and your own photo ID.

What's the point then? "Here's a card with someone else's name on it and here's a photo ID that just shows a picture of me, with a different name".

What if I used "a friend's" card? Same response? Won't be an issue off loading unwanted tickets then. Just cancel your credit / debit card and give the old one to the person going to the concert. They can't do much else with it if it's cancelled.

Just cancel your credit / debit card and give the old one to the person going to the concert. They can't do much else with it if it's cancelled.

The effort though... Christ thank's be to god I've none of this hassle. Seems like a nightmare for anyone who didn't use their own card! Doesn't seem thought through at all!

There has to be exceptions implemented though. I mean anything could happen between now and then that could prevent the card holder going. Illness, work etc.

Maybe they never intended on going but the door staff don't know that. If the card used to buy the tickets is there on the night I don't see the problem.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭nxbyveromdwjpg

What's the point then? "Here's a card with someone else's name on it and here's a photo ID that just shows a picture of me, with a different name".

What if I used "a friend's" card? Same response? Won't be an issue off loading unwanted tickets then. Just cancel your credit / debit card and give the old one to the person going to the concert. They can't do much else with it if it's cancelled.

Now people are inventing imaginary scenarios to get outraged about.

The promoters can't win.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭cramp

Been a U2 fan all my life ...and I didn't expect to get tickets for the gigs
    I used the App Store ticketmaster app that I have used many times with no prob getting tickets
    But failed to work for me morning of sale .....I will never use this app again for sell out gigs!!!
    It immediately reported back to me there was no tickets !
    I was in my uncles house at the time and put on his laptop, immediately I was in a cue
    Got 2 standing at 9.20 for Tuesday and visa verified screwed me !
    Got back in q and was reoffered same tickets ....I used my uncles cc this time !!
    Tickets were sold out for Tuesday at 9.30
    Had a look at 9.40 and was offered a further 2 standing tickets for same night and bought them for my 2 friends
    On same cc and address!!!
    Now the worry of them been canceled .....
    Maybe ticketmaster will stick to a "per transaction" rule
    Which is all we can buy anyway .....will post here if I hear anything from them

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭Craptacular

Tickettosser's U2 gig FAQ says limits of 2 tickets per card per postal address. They say extras "may" be cancelled. Not will, may.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

The effort though... Christ thank's be to god I've none of this hassle. Seems like a nightmare for anyone who didn't use their own card! Doesn't seem thought through at all!
    it's not really.
    bring your parents/spouses/friends credit card to the gig for a few hours, give it back afterwards.
    it's pretty straight forward.

• Registered Users Posts: 48 SullDog

Hahaha can nobody just be happy that they're going to see U2? There's a lot of very valid points being made but the harsh reality of it all is that they're never going to be able to eradicate scalpers/touts completely, sure Ticketmaster are at it themselves with the whole Seatwave thing. As for the whole 'credit card holder must be in attendance of the gig' fiasco (which was never going to work for a number of reasons) which had people who bought tickets losing their hair is all sorted. The other reoccurring topic of 'I bought a GA ticket but it's showing as a student ticket on my order but I don't have student ID', was a glitch on there behalf and they have it sorted now. Everything is fine, everybody needs to relax and when November finally rolls around go to the 3Arena and enjoy U2 whether it be a long time fan, a first timer or a "band-wagoner". U2 always put on an amazing performance for everyone to enjoy! :)

it's not really.
    bring your parents/spouses/friends credit card to the gig for a few hours, give it back afterwards.
    it's pretty straight forward.

I specifically referenced the suggestion to cancel your credit card to give to someone if selling/bought for someone else. That to me isn't that straight forward to get to a concert.

You'd want to be some sort of psycho to sell your credit card to some stranger. I mean come on. It's not going to happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,100 ✭✭✭eviltimeban

Now people are inventing imaginary scenarios to get outraged about.

The promoters can't win.

What's imaginary? What if someone bought two tickets, 400 quid, then couldn't go (for perfectly valid, non-imaginary reasons)?

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭mark13

• Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭cathalj

Just on the Anton Savage show - official ticketmaster line for all those non-students with student tickets is that you will need student id. Said it was customer error. Did say if you are in this boat, to contact them with a view to sorting it out, but didn't actually say how they would sort it.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,819 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Don't worry folks if you didn't get a ticket they're on Stubhub now for about €3500 or if you're on a budget, €1500 from Seatwave.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭MML

The Nal wrote: »
    Don't worry folks if you didn't get a ticket they're on Stubhub now for about €3500 or if you're on a budget, €1500 from Seatwave.

I see a pair of Dublin tickets for £5,428. Unbelievable.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,995 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

MML wrote: »
    I see a pair of Dublin tickets for £5,428. Unbelievable.

well they might let them go for €5,428 if you bargain with them :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,467 ✭✭✭✭cson

How can they sell them through the touting websites if they're locked to Credit Cards & Photo ID?

Especially Seatwave given its a TM baby.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

cson wrote: »
    How can they sell them through the touting websites if they're locked to Credit Cards & Photo ID?

Especially Seatwave given its a TM baby.

Seated tickets aren't locked, only standing.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 ronanclinton

Discovered if you purchased the student tickets email importantnotice @ ticketmaster.ie, they will reply with the message to ring and you can resolve the issue, as they are paperless tickets. So it was an easy process.

• Registered Users Posts: 853 ✭✭✭polydactyl

Ah to be fair some of th seat wave ones are only double the price at 400 :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,635 ✭✭✭donegal.

Batesy wrote: »
    I've been longing to see U2 play an indoor gig for over 20 years and couldn't get a ticket.

To say I'm sick is an understatement. Can't believe I'm gonna miss
    it.

:rolleyes:
    if you wanted to see them so badly why didn't you just get tickets for the belfast gig ?

it still hasn't sold out ffs

Will you come with me? You sound sound.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,635 ✭✭✭donegal.

i'll ring you from the gig so you can hear some of it.

• Advertisement

Sound

Advertisement