Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

U2 Innocence & Experience Tour 2015 (Dublin and Belfast gigs confirmed, post #275)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭Newuser12345

cathalj wrote: »
    Just on the Anton Savage show - official ticketmaster line for all those non-students with student tickets is that you will need student id. Said it was customer error. Did say if you are in this boat, to contact them with a view to sorting it out, but didn't actually say how they would sort it.

I got an email to ring them and they changed to adult

• Registered Users Posts: 48 SullDog

Exactly the same I rang and the lad said he'd changed it to a normal GA ticket HOWEVER and I quote "the change won't show on your order because I've changed it manually". Whatever that means? Sounds good anyways!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,797 ✭✭✭✭hatrickpatrick

Can anyone remember which page the post about selling a €191 ticket was on? Remember seeing someone offering one at face value yesterday but can't find it now :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭irishgirl19

Did anybody else try to book tickets using the TM app this morning? I did and it totally screwed me!

Yeah the app isn't great I used it and got offered 2 tickets for 400 so I re-searched for the cheaper ones. My boyfriend used the laptop to search about 2 mins after me, he got offered 2 x100e tickets and I got nothing on the app it told me no tickets available even though I was queuing before my boyfriend

• Registered Users Posts: 7,695 ✭✭✭Chivito550

mollser wrote: »
    The amount of bandwagoners going to this gig, loads of my work colleagues got tickets but are really only going because 'they wouldn't mind seeing them' and such and such. I've seen them tonnes of times and was quite excited about it, especially to see them in an arena setting.

What can we do about bandwagoners in this country?? Every flippin event!

I feel your pain, and I would feel the exact same if I missed out. And I felt like that when I struggled to get tickets for the London Olympics, and ended up having to pay through the nose just to get inside the Stadium a couple of times, despite being a die hard fan, while those who didn't know a javelin from a high jump were sitting up in the corporate boxes. Infuriating but that's just life.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,467 ✭✭✭✭cson

Seated tickets aren't locked, only standing.

So we actually get a ticket then if we've seated tickets?

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭craic_dealer

Just looking at eBay and there's 2 tickets for the Friday show for auction that finishes in just over an hour.

http://m.ebay.ie/itm/2-x-U2-TICKETS-TIERED-SEATING-FRIDAY-27-NOV-2015-3-ARENA-DUBLIN-/151816332519

They're at 485 now which isn't near as ridiculous a price as some I've seen.

So hang on a minute, according to ticketmaster it is now OUR fault that we ended up with student tickets which we didn't choose? Unreal.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,034 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

cson wrote: »
    So we actually get a ticket then if we've seated tickets?

I would imagine so yeah, they weren't set to be paperless at all, don't even think there's an option. You'll get them in the post unless you selected Ticketfast delivery which is the print out.

• Registered Users Posts: 853 ✭✭✭polydactyl

Just looking at eBay and there's 2 tickets for the Friday show for auction that finishes in just over an hour.
    They're at 485 now which isn't near as ridiculous a price as some I've seen.

But they were likely only 35 to start as the eBay and PayPal fees alone would not cover them if they were the 196 ones

• Advertisement

Chivito550 wrote: »
    So hang on a minute, according to ticketmaster it is now OUR fault that we ended up with student tickets which we didn't choose? Unreal.

In fairness, although it was a bit silly how many options there were for buying tickets (4 or 5 for each night), the links did note that one ticket purchasing page was for students; "U2 iNNOCENCE + eXPERIENCE Tour 2015 - Student Tickets". It's the first one listed and I can see why people clicked into it but I saw it and didn't click into it.

polydactyl wrote: »
    But they were likely only 35 to start as the eBay and PayPal fees alone would not cover them if they were the 196 ones

Yeah, never trust tickets that don't even list where you're sitting.

In fairness, although it was a bit silly how many options there were for buying tickets (4 or 5 for each night), the links did note that one ticket purchasing page was for students; "U2 iNNOCENCE + eXPERIENCE Tour 2015 - Student Tickets". It's the first one listed and I can see why people clicked into it but I saw it and didn't click into it.

I got tickets for 2 nights. On my second transaction I selected full price, and still ended up with student.

Petrified to contact them to fix this for both nights for fear they cancel one of my bookings. This is the madness this thread has done to me, and others! :)

Also what a waste of time having student tickets at the same price as adult ones. Unless there's a free pint in it for the student then I don't see the point of this. All they've created is unnecessary hassle for themselves and us.

This whole thing is worse than applying for a Russian visa!!

Actually looking at that link they might be genuine and out of pocket after fees if it doesn't shoot up

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭lambayire

What's imaginary? What if someone bought two tickets, 400 quid, then couldn't go (for perfectly valid, non-imaginary reasons)?

I'm just not buying this excuse. It frickin' U2!!! If you are dead, then one of your family members or friends will be nabbing the tickets. they might be all depressed at your funeral, inside they are dancing.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,037 ✭✭✭lukin

About this thing of paperless tickets; mine is paperless so I was wondering would it be possible to go to a Ticketmaster booth before the gig itself and get your ticket printed rather than waiting until the night itself?
    Just to give me peace of mind. Even if I had to go to the 3Arena to get it printed would be OK.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,996 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

• Registered Users Posts: 15,996 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

lukin wrote: »
    About this thing of paperless tickets; mine is paperless so I was wondering would it be possible to go to a Ticketmaster booth before the gig itself and get your ticket printed rather than waiting until the night itself?
    Just to give me peace of mind. Even if I had to go to the 3Arena to get it printed would be OK.

How many times.... there IS no ticket.... nothing to print!!!!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭innuendo141

Seve OB wrote: »
    How many times.... there IS no ticket.... nothing to print!!!!!!!!!!!

Loads more times. Guaranteed. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭lambayire

But I do believe that you will get a ticket on the night. Well that's what happened with me.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭nxbyveromdwjpg

Ridiculous, sounds like he thinks he's waiting on e-tickets. He genuinely doesn't even realise he's ****ing someone over.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭innuendo141

Ridiculous, sounds like he thinks he's waiting on e-tickets. He genuinely doesn't even realise he's ****ing someone over.

I hope that bid is himself trying to start things off..... What a dackhead

lambayire wrote: »
    But I do believe that you will get a ticket on the night. Well that's what happened with me.

Yeah, can't see how we don't get some form of a ticket.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,100 ✭✭✭eviltimeban

lambayire wrote: »
    I'm just not buying this excuse. It frickin' U2!!! If you are dead, then one of your family members or friends will be nabbing the tickets. they might be all depressed at your funeral, inside they are dancing.

Still doesn't change the fact that the name on the credit card will be different from the name on the photo ID.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,376 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

lukin wrote: »
    Yeah, can't see how we don't get some form of a ticket.

You are to think of your credit card as the ticket this info was clearly stated before tickets went on sale.

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭TomPetty

Hi Folks,
    Anybody know how strict they are about letting children into the Standing Area ?

Did not know before I purchased, about this rule :-(

When I could not get seated tickets, in a panic I bought Standing for my kids ...

Tom.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭tritriagain

i bought paperless tickets for glasgow and my credit card has expired. so i was by ticketmaster to go with receipt and id to venue ticketbox on night and they will print hard copy of tickets. does anyone have any experience of this

Like most tickets a hundred percent mark up... And in this case a 100 percent mark up for absolutely nothing!

Final confirmation:

Thank you for your email.

Unfortunately we cannot print these tickets, it' s paperless tickets, your card is your tickets essentially.

Your card will be scanned upon entry to the event and you will be given a receipt,

Regards,

So all you get that is printable is a receipt.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,330 ✭✭✭readytosnap

TomPetty wrote: »
    Hi Folks,
    Anybody know how strict they are about letting children into the Standing Area ?

Did not know before I purchased, about this rule :-(

When I could not get seated tickets, in a panic I bought Standing for my kids ...

Tom.

Very strict, nobody want's a claim arising from some child getting injured in the crush. I wouldn't even try to put my kids in a situation like that.

Advertisement