Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

U2 Innocence & Experience Tour 2015 (Dublin and Belfast gigs confirmed, post #275)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭BailMeOut

Seve OB wrote: »
    How many times.... there IS no ticket.... nothing to print!!!!!!!!!!!

are you sure? My email confirmation from Ticketmaster says

"Tickets will be dispatched as soon as possible, but may not be received until 7-10 days before the event. Please do not contact us unless you have not received your tickets within 7 days of the event."

• Registered Users Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭hawkelady

BailMeOut wrote:
    are you sure?

You got seating tickets .. People who got seated tickets will get a physical ticket. People who are standing will just get a receipt.
    How many times does this have to explained on this thread ?????

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭BailMeOut

hawkelady wrote: »
    You got seating tickets .. People who got seated tickets will get a physical ticket. People who are standing will just get a receipt.

thanks and you are the first to point on on this thread that seated have paper tickets. I asked as I did not see this discussed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

hawkelady wrote: »

Maybe if you say it again, really slowly?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,034 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Ridiculous, sounds like he thinks he's waiting on e-tickets. He genuinely doesn't even realise he's ****ing someone over.

He's f'ing himself over too. Whoever buys it will claim back through ebay/paypal and the seller will be left with nothing and miss the gig.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,662 ✭✭✭bren2001

i bought paperless tickets for glasgow and my credit card has expired. so i was by ticketmaster to go with receipt and id to venue ticketbox on night and they will print hard copy of tickets. does anyone have any experience of this

Did you read the thread or even the last page? There is no ticket to be printed out. Now, a week before, an hour before or after. You just bring your expired credit card, they will scan it and let you in. It's the simple. The fact it is out of date is irrelevant.

I'd say at least 25% of the posts in this thread are answers to questions already answered...

• Registered Users Posts: 15,996 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

I'd say at least 25% of the posts in this thread are answers to questions already answered...

more like at least 45 :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭innuendo141

I can't wait for the gig anyway. Been listening to Pop in the office today, and it's been tremendously enjoyable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭johnpatrick81

I can't wait for the gig anyway. Been listening to Pop in the office today, and it's been tremendously enjoyable.

Better stop listening to that pronto:pac:

U2 have only played a tiny snippet of MOFO on this tour. It's the only album of theirs they haven't represented on this tour I think. Disgraceful IMO. Hopefully it makes a return in the future gigs. Please or MOFO or Staring at the Sun would be amazing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭ts_editor

For stub collectors and folk wondering about the 'receipt', after the card was swiped this is what was printed off at the Muse and Robbie paperless gigs.
    (Yes, I am a little jammy)

IMG_0853a_zpslzhkwrd9.jpg

(No, those numbers were just housekeeping - I was standing :p )

• Registered Users Posts: 32 MaxManis

Their setlist is fairly similar from show to show:

People Have the Power (Patti Smith song)
    1. The Miracle (Of Joey Ramone)
    2. The Electric Co. (with "Send In the Clowns", "I… more )
    3. Vertigo (with "God Save the Queen" snippet)
    4. I Will Follow
    5. Iris (Hold Me Close)
    6. Cedarwood Road
    7. Song for Someone
    8. Sunday Bloody Sunday (acoustic, without final verse)
    9. Raised by Wolves (with "Psalm 23" snippet)
    10. Until the End of the World (with "Love and Peace or Else" and "Words" snippets)
    The Fly (Remix)
    11. Invisible
    12. Even Better Than the Real Thing (Fish Out of Water Remix)
    13. Mysterious Ways (with "Burning Down the House" snippet)
    14. Elevation
    15. Volcano
    16. Every Breaking Wave (acoustic)
    17. October
    18. Bullet the Blue Sky (with "Ode to Joy" and "19" snippets)
    19. Zooropa (second part of song, with synthesizers)
    20. Where the Streets Have No Name (with "California (There Is No… more )
    21. Pride (In the Name of Love)
    22. With or Without You
    Encore:
    23. City of Blinding Lights (with Stephen Hawking speech intro)
    24. Beautiful Day
    25. One

• Registered Users Posts: 12,819 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Better stop listening to that pronto:pac:

U2 have only played a tiny snippet of MOFO on this tour. It's the only album of theirs they haven't represented on this tour I think. Disgraceful IMO. Hopefully it makes a return in the future gigs. Please or MOFO or Staring at the Sun would be amazing.

Unfortunately they've lost their balls a long time ago and have been playing it safe for 15 years. They'll play fúck all off Pop. One of their better and more progressive albums. Same for Zooropa.
    MaxManis wrote: »
    Their setlist is fairly similar from show to show:

People Have the Power (Patti Smith song)
    1. The Miracle (Of Joey Ramone)
    2. The Electric Co. (with "Send In the Clowns", "I… more )
    3. Vertigo (with "God Save the Queen" snippet)
    4. I Will Follow
    5. Iris (Hold Me Close)
    6. Cedarwood Road
    7. Song for Someone
    8. Sunday Bloody Sunday (acoustic, without final verse)
    9. Raised by Wolves (with "Psalm 23" snippet)
    10. Until the End of the World (with "Love and Peace or Else" and "Words" snippets)
    The Fly (Remix)
    11. Invisible
    12. Even Better Than the Real Thing (Fish Out of Water Remix)
    13. Mysterious Ways (with "Burning Down the House" snippet)
    14. Elevation
    15. Volcano
    16. Every Breaking Wave (acoustic)
    17. October
    18. Bullet the Blue Sky (with "Ode to Joy" and "19" snippets)
    19. Zooropa (second part of song, with synthesizers)
    20. Where the Streets Have No Name (with "California (There Is No… more )
    21. Pride (In the Name of Love)
    22. With or Without You
    Encore:
    23. City of Blinding Lights (with Stephen Hawking speech intro)
    24. Beautiful Day
    25. One

If Keane did U2 setlists.........

Considering they have 13 albums and 35 years of gigging behind them, thats an absolute stinker of a setlist. You can almost hear their testicles shrink just reading the last four tunes above here.

• Registered Users Posts: 702 ✭✭✭RolandGoose

Can we please put all the setlist talk in spoiler tags!

I have somehow managed to dodge the spoilers thus far!

U2 really need to listen to their fans and rediscover POP! A damn fine album!
    Perhaps it will work better along the more elaborate "experience songs"

Although songs like Gone and Please should fit the later part of the current set!

U2 know it all too well about Achtung Baby, it's time they give POP the same well deserved treatment!

• Registered Users Posts: 32 MaxManis

I have somehow managed to dodge the spoilers thus far!

How is it a spoiler when you know the bulk of the songs they will play.

Why???? that is one of the most ludicrous things I've heard on here!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,819 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Can we please put the fact that they're playing in spoiler tags? I'm turning up at the Point every day at 8pm and don't want to ruin the surprise of the date that they're actually playing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 430 ✭✭6am7f9zxrsjvnb

Confirmed set list for Dublin shows

1. Miami
    2. I fall down
    3. Shadows and tall trees
    4. Is that all
    5. Red Light
    6. 4th of July
    7. Elvis Presley and America
    8. Another day
    9. If you wear that velvet dress

Intermission followed by:

No Line On The Horizon performed in its entirety

Encore: treasure( whatever happened to Pete the Chop?)

It's gonna be EPIC!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

Would love to see a few from 'Boy', as well as 'Bad', 'Stay' and a few bits from Pop or Zooropa.

• Registered Users Posts: 711 ✭✭✭weadick

Nice piece on newstalk breakfast with Henry McKean interviewing U2 fans queuing for tickets on Monday. Great to hear fans share their memories and story's relating to the band. It's available as a podcast on the newstalk website. Can't wait now!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭tritriagain

bren2001 wrote: »
    Did you read the thread or even the last page? There is no ticket to be printed out. Now, a week before, an hour before or after. You just bring your expired credit card, they will scan it and let you in. It's the simple. The fact it is out of date is irrelevant.

Don't be a smart ass. Card has been destroyed which is why I rang ticketmaster to get official word and was told there would be a hard copy printed. So maybe u should go back and read my post I.e I rang ticketmaster.

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭lambayire

Don't be a smart ass. Card has been destroyed which is why I rang ticketmaster to get official word and was told there would be a hard copy printed. So maybe u should go back and read my post I.e I rang ticketmaster.

Your card has been destroyed in the past few days?

There must be a good story behind that one!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭tritriagain

lambayire wrote: »
    Your card has been destroyed in the past few days?

There must be a good story behind that one!:)

No I explained the tickets in question are for Glasgow and were purchased last December.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,100 ✭✭✭eviltimeban

Confirmed set list for Dublin shows

1. Miami
    2. I fall down
    3. Shadows and tall trees
    4. Is that all
    5. Red Light
    6. 4th of July
    7. Elvis Presley and America
    8. Another day
    9. If you wear that velvet dress

Intermission followed by:

No Line On The Horizon performed in its entirety

Encore: treasure( whatever happened to Pete the Chop?)

That's far too commercial for me. No Slug? Or Alex Descends Into Hell For A Bottle of Milk? I want a 20 minute version of Always Forever Now, followed by 20 minutes of that beeping sound at the very end of the Zooropa album.

If they MUST do an encore, then just have Edge sitting on a chair doing Numb, like he did in the 1993 MTV Video Awards.

Don't move, Don't talk out of time, Don't think, Don't worry, Everything's just fine.......( I FYP :).)... Just fine!
    That's far too commercial for me. No Slug? Or Alex Descends Into Hell For A Bottle of Milk/Korova 1? I want a 20 minute version of Always Forever Now, followed by 20 minutes of that beeping sound at the very end of the Zooropa album.

If they MUST do an encore, then just have Edge sitting on a chair doing Numb, like he did in the 1993 MTV Video Awards.

If you go to the gigs North and South of the River, in that place beside your blue room you might find Johnny Cash wandering with Pavarotti, Old Blue Eyes and Christy Moore doing a duet with Miss Sarajevo and getting under her skin

Don't try and make sense!

• Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭Larsso30

lambayire wrote: »
    But I do believe that you will get a ticket on the night. Well that's what happened with me.

no you wont, its totally paperless for GA standing

Larsso30 wrote: »

Probably a wristband and that's it, which they'll put on you as you go through the door.

Interesting one this......

http://www.ebay.ie/itm/2-GA-FLOOR-tickets-U2-FRIDAY-NOVEMBER-27-6-30-PM-DUBLIN-IRELAND-/331654716213?hash=item4d38295b35

http://www.ebay.ie/itm/2-GA-FLOOR-tickets-U2-SATURDAY-NOVEMBER-28-6-30-PM-DUBLIN-IRELAND-/231688351449?hash=item35f1b3aed9
    NOTE: These tickets are will call, which means that they were be delivered at the venue . We will be onsite at 4:30 pm Friday to swipe you into the show. Please provide your cell # on checkout.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭nxbyveromdwjpg

Larsso30 wrote: »
    Probably a wristband and that's it, which they'll put on you as you go through the door.

You get a receipt which is basically a ticket stub. Someone posted a photo of a previous one a few pages back.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,853 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

Seve OB wrote: »

Who would take such a risk ,that the seller will meet them on site.

Are people actually paying these silly amounts of money for tickets ?
    Better off to spend the money on a weekend away to see U2 in a foreign city on the next leg of the tour.

Advertisement