Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

U2 Innocence & Experience Tour 2015 (Dublin and Belfast gigs confirmed, post #275)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,996 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

okidoki987 wrote: »
    According to that website, someone paid €800 (plus charges) for a single ticket in Block N Row 34 on the Saturday :eek: and the previous person paid €950 each for 2 tickets in Block D Row 2 :eek:.
    For that kind of money, you could fly to somewhere else in Europe and see them on a few days break?

Sure you could... if you could get a ticket :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,853 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

Seve OB wrote: »
    Sure you could... if you could get a ticket :rolleyes:

There are still tickets on official sale for most of the gigs in London .
    Not that difficult to pick up tickets for other countries too if you know where to look.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,695 ✭✭✭Chivito550

Any updates on the student ticket fiasco? I emailed the email address listed on this thread, as did a friend of mine, and neither of us have received a reply. Is it safe to assume that they will not be turning away people at the door who have "student tickets" priced the exact same as the adult ones?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭nxbyveromdwjpg

Chivito550 wrote: »
    Any updates on the student ticket fiasco? I emailed the email address listed on this thread, as did a friend of mine, and neither of us have received a reply. Is it safe to assume that they will not be turning away people at the door who have "student tickets" priced the exact same as the adult ones?

Yes that is safe to assume, IMO

• Registered Users Posts: 7,695 ✭✭✭Chivito550

Called up and they changed my bookings to adult tickets. He told me that those who didn't ring up to change from student to adult, it wouldn't matter, that the venue is aware of the student ticket issue, and all student tickets would be treated as normal tickets. Why they couldn't have issued a statement saying this is beyond me.

He also didn't seem to care that I booked tickets for 2 different nights, and changed both bookings for me, so the rumour that you only can go see U2 on one of the four nights is completely false. Can't believe some people actually rang up and got their second night voluntarily cancelled, due to unnecessary and unfounded hysteria.

So it all seems good now. Roll on November.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,933 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

I heard last night (sorry, not naming source but he's pretty well in) that 2 more dates are going to be added, but these dates are only going to be announced at very short notice, possibly as short as 48hrs before the first gig, trying to deter touts I think

• Registered Users Posts: 15,996 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

scudzilla wrote: »
    I heard last night (sorry, not naming source but he's pretty well in) that 2 more dates are going to be added, but these dates are only going to be announced at very short notice, possibly as short as 48hrs before the first gig, trying to deter touts I think

I would find that hard to believe

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭MrMischief

scudzilla wrote: »

It's pretty much expected that they will announce two more nights but not a chance it could be left that late...the Gardaí would require more notice, city planning would also, risk of nights not selling out due etc etc list could go on...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,861 ✭✭✭Mr.H

Any idea on support bands?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭johnpatrick81

There is no support bands on this tour. They tend to come on a lil earlier than normal, and play for 2.5 hours(with a 5 minute interval).

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,861 ✭✭✭Mr.H

Ah ok. I seen that they were playing 2 and a half hours all right, but assumed there would still be some sort of support act.

So cant wait for this :D First time seeing them, trying since 'slane go home'

• Registered Users Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭Vertigo100

MrMischief wrote: »
    It's pretty much expected that they will announce two more nights but not a chance it could be left that late...the Gardaí would require more notice, city planning would also, risk of nights not selling out due etc etc list could go on...

Was it not confirmed that they definitely won't be announcing any more gigs as bono can't do as many nights in a row as before due to his injury?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

Vertigo100 wrote: »
    Was it not confirmed that they definitely won't be announcing any more gigs as bono can't do as many nights in a row as before due to his injury?

Looking at the schedule, I doubt they will.
    The 2 days in between were rest days, and are scheduled in all the bands city dates.
    I very much doubt they'll break this.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,953 ✭✭✭paulbok

There is no support bands on this tour. They tend to come on a lil earlier than normal, and play for 2.5 hours(with a 5 minute interval).

They won't be able to afford a support act with those ticket prices.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭Larsso30

MrMischief wrote: »

I dont expect them too, i think the 4 days is your lot.

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭mark13

Was at the show in Berlin last night, picked up a standing ticket on ebay for 50 quid a few hours beforehand, it really is an incredible spectacle, best show I've ever seen.

Delighted they played Zoo Station too :)

• Registered Users Posts: 978 ✭✭✭arrianalexander

Am block a , seat one and two , wonder will my view be good or will it be too left of stage ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭johnpatrick81

mark13 wrote: »
    Was at the show in Berlin last night, picked up a standing ticket on ebay for 50 quid a few hours beforehand, it really is an incredible spectacle, best show I've ever seen.

Delighted they played Zoo Station too :)
    Nice!! Zoo station sounded awesome!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,853 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

Nice!! Zoo station sounded awesome!

Nice to see The Fly back with his dance.
    Wouldnt mind some Mr McPhisto too.

• Registered Users Posts: 692 ✭✭✭aristotle25

Am block a , seat one and two , wonder will my view be good or will it be too left of stage ?

Obviously you will be well over to the left of the stage so it will be tight but if the big screen runs perpendicular to the stage then you will have a great view of that.

The venue isn't huge like a stadium so either way the sound will be good and you wont miss anything.

• Advertisement

If anyone here knows of 2 tickets on sale for any night and wants to help out a fellow boardsie id be very grateful of a PM. Specially seeing as toutless aren't even gonna have a market for the seated tickets.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,330 ✭✭✭readytosnap

you will have a great view of the walkway stage where the dbl screen is, cedarwood road is deadly to look at (amongst others)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭but1er

Surely you have a right to complain if you have a restricted view without been warned

I have a block d 33 euro ticket they cant stick me there and not say you will miss some of the gig on the screen or the walk out stage,

When you buy in the Olympia its states resiteicted! Really excited to see the o2 and how they,play this

but1er wrote: »
    Surely you have a right to complain if you have a restricted view without been warned

I have a block d 33 euro ticket they cant stick me there and not say you will miss some of the gig on the screen or the walk out stage,

D and L are the worst sections for seeing the screens, you will still be able to see the band the long stage and the main stage, but the screens play a vital part of the show in relation to telling the stories of a lot of the songs, having said that, for €33 I would be willing to sit with a blindfold on if I had to. The best part of any U2 gig is the music the rest is just a show ( if that makes sense)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,635 ✭✭✭donegal.

I like me a bit of show though

Would just like to say a public thank you to Col. Nathan R. Jessup. Thanks to him putting me on to a guy he knows selling a couple of tickets I'll now be attending the opening night. Just gotta get my ass up to Dublin to collect said tickets now!

Col. Nathan R. Jessup I owe you a pint.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭irishgirl19

Has anyone received the seating tickets yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 43 tippbiffo

was told by a Ticketmaster rep not to expect them until two weeks before the opening night at least.

you can log in to TM and find out if your tickets have been dispatched yet.

• Advertisement

Some tickets must be sent out unless this is a fairly elaborate fake!

Advertisement