Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

U2 Innocence & Experience Tour 2015 (Dublin and Belfast gigs confirmed, post #275)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,034 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

you can log in to TM and find out if your tickets have been dispatched yet.

True but sometimes their system is rubbish. I've often received tickets still listed as 'processing' and not received tickets listed as 'dispatched'.

Even yesterday I received UFC tickets even though my order still has them noted as processing.

I think they just randomly hit buttons in there haha :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭andrew1977

Vertigo100 wrote: »
    Would just like to say a public thank you to Col. Nathan R. Jessup. Thanks to him putting me on to a guy he knows selling a couple of tickets I'll now be attending the opening night. Just gotta get my ass up to Dublin to collect said tickets now!

Col. Nathan R. Jessup I owe you a pint.

Wow well done Col. Nathan R. Jessup that's a very decent gesture you done , fair play

I am still searching high and low myself for 2 ! Wont be giving up the hope/hunt until the last gig is over :)

• Registered Users Posts: 692 ✭✭✭aristotle25

Has anyone received the seating tickets yet?

Yes I received my ones. When buying them in ticketmaster there was an option to have them sent out within 5 days of purchase which I selected.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,330 ✭✭✭readytosnap

Yes I received my ones. When buying them in ticketmaster there was an option to have them sent out within 5 days of purchase which I selected.

I never seen this option :mad:

Vertigo100 wrote: »
    Some tickets must be sent out unless this is a fairly elaborate fake!

That could of been bought at the venue

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,996 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

That could of been bought at the venue

nope
    they weren't selling tickets at the venue

• Registered Users Posts: 14,853 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

Seve OB wrote: »
    nope
    they weren't selling tickets at the venue

They sold standing tickets at the 3arena and Odyssey .No seats sold though

They sold standing tickets at the 3arena and Odyssey .No seats sold though

Not tickets

a piece of paper to say you would be admitted if you brought along the correct credit card

I never seen this option :mad:

Yeah it's only a new thing they've started to offer. It's an extra €5 but they send tickets so you'll have them within 5 days by swiftpost.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,815 ✭✭✭Hannibal

Not tickets

a piece of paper to say you would be admitted if you brought along the correct credit card
    and a government ID.

I bought the tickets for two other people so it's looking like I have to go with one of them, I'm not even a fan of U2 so it's senseless me having to go instead of one of my friends

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 978 ✭✭✭arrianalexander

Got my tickets this morning in the post :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭EyesClosed

Hannibal wrote: »
    and a government ID.

I bought the tickets for two other people so it's looking like I have to go with one of them, I'm not even a fan of U2 so it's senseless me having to go instead of one of my friends

Just give them your card

• Registered Users Posts: 1,815 ✭✭✭Hannibal

EyesClosed wrote: »
    Just give them your card

What about the id part?

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭lambayire

Having been to this style of gig previously, they just swipe the card and in you go.
    There will be way too many people to be checking ID's.

Well that's what I reckon.

lambayire wrote: »
    Well that's what I reckon.

The problem with your reckoning is that if someone is going in with the card and they check for ID.... the 2 boys/girls, might be left outside if Hannibal is not there. Unlikely I would hope, but would you really want to take the risk?

• Registered Users Posts: 27 harlemangel

Hey guys
    My mate got two section L tickets, does anyone know are these defined as "restricted view" in that you cant see the screen from the side, only at the end?
    Cheers!
    HA

The problem with your reckoning is that if someone is going in with the card and they check for ID.... the 2 boys/girls, might be left outside if Hannibal is not there. Unlikely I would hope, but would you really want to take the risk?

This is actually what is bothering me most about these gigs.

You just know the story in advance. It'll be the genuine fans who just happened to buy tickets on a friend/family members card who may get screwed over whereas the tout sold tickets will get in fine, just by luck of the draw.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭poundhound

Re "My mate got two section L tickets, does anyone know are these defined as "restricted view" in that you cant see the screen from the side, only at the end?"

Thats correct, the view of the screens will be non existent.
    Also prior to the screens being lowered, they may impede the view of the main stage, depending how far back the seats are.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭poundhound

Re "The problem with your reckoning is that if someone is going in with the card and they check for ID.... the 2 boys/girls, might be left outside if Hannibal is not there. Unlikely I would hope, but would you really want to take the risk?"

I was at David Gilmour at the Royal Albert Hall last week. The same policy applies in terms of photo ID required. I witnessed a situation where a group of 3 friends had purchased tickets. The lead booker and 1 of the friends were at the entrance but friend No 2 rang to say he was delayed.

As it was late in the evening the lead booker asked could he take his seat and come meet his friend with his ticket when he arrived or leave the ticket at the door.

Both options were refused and the 2 guys had to wait outside until their mate arrived, and missed the start of the show.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 430 ✭✭6am7f9zxrsjvnb

Hannibal wrote: »
    What about the id part?

Please refer to my post on p.111 of this thread.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭EyesClosed

Please refer to my post on p.111 of this thread.

Yea that question has been answered about 20 times now :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭nxbyveromdwjpg

Not going to happen. It benefits absolutely no one to turn people with valid away at that point and leave the seats empty, no matter where they got the tickets.

Absolutely will not happen, and this isn't the first time there has been a big hullabaloo about ID's to scare off the touts, which is good, but on the night they won't cause fans going in with tickets problems, which is also good.
    Example: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=73550429

poundhound wrote: »
    Re "My mate got two section L tickets, does anyone know are these defined as "restricted view" in that you cant see the screen from the side, only at the end?"

Thats correct, the view of the screens will be non existent.
    Also prior to the screens being lowered, they may impede the view of the main stage, depending how far back the seats are.
    poundhound wrote: »
    Re "The problem with your reckoning is that if someone is going in with the card and they check for ID.... the 2 boys/girls, might be left outside if Hannibal is not there. Unlikely I would hope, but would you really want to take the risk?"

I was at David Gilmour at the Royal Albert Hall last week. The same policy applies in terms of photo ID required. I witnessed a situation where a group of 3 friends had purchased tickets. The lead booker and 1 of the friends were at the entrance but friend No 2 rang to say he was delayed.

As it was late in the evening the lead booker asked could he take his seat and come meet his friend with his ticket when he arrived or leave the ticket at the door.

Both options were refused and the 2 guys had to wait outside until their mate arrived, and missed the start of the show.

You know you can just use the quote function?

• Registered Users Posts: 38,419 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

in Block G row 21 for the tuesday night show. hopefully i have a good view. tickets arrived this morning

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭ts_editor

It benefits absolutely no one to turn people with valid away
    It will benefit everyone in the long-run when these people stop giving extortionate money to touts.

ts_editor wrote: »
    It will benefit everyone in the long-run when these people stop giving extortionate money to touts.

No it won't, because Ticketmaster themselves are touting with complete impunity and obviously with approval/agreement from all involved.

They are the biggest touts of all and turning away legitimate fans with valid tickets would do nothing towards preventing this, it would just ruin peoples evenings and cause massive headaches for the staff on the night, and huge complaints for the promoters in the backlash.

Won't happen.

I personally know someone who has just sold 2 tickets for €1000 each on seatwave the seller receives 1760 form the 2k (200 sellers fee for seatwave and 40 vat) the buy paid 2280 (280 booking fee goes to seatwave) so seatwave are getting it both ends, they have made almost €500 on 2 tickets with a face value of 216.

I personally know someone who has just sold 2 tickets for €1000 each on seatwave the seller receives 1760 form the 2k (200 sellers fee for seatwave and 40 vat) the buy paid 2280 (280 booking fee goes to seatwave) so seatwave are getting it both ends, they have made almost €500 on 2 tickets with a face value of 216.

That's insane on every level. Absolutely nuts.

The funny/sad thing is that I reckon the Block D tickets are the most expensive as they're central....and those poor buggers will be sooooo disappointed.

• Advertisement

Mental

Advertisement