Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

U2 Innocence & Experience Tour 2015 (Dublin and Belfast gigs confirmed, post #275)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭Tuhula

we have tickets for Block L tonight..on the ticket it says restricted view of screens...anybody any idea from last night what seats in this block were like?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭Veloce

whiskeyman wrote: »
    That'd be perfect... got there around 7:45 myself and pretty much no queue.
    Was nice standing about for just over 1/2 hr soaking up the buzz before it began.

How far back were you from the screen / stage when you got in at 7:45 whiskeyman?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭innuendo141

Just a taster for those of us seated near here. I saw a picture from just behind section D earlier on twitter with a lot of empty seats in section D. Wonder if they fecked off home annoyed or made it downstairs? Tweet has been deleted since.

CUhRqxnW4AAguBv.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭iSeano90

Tuhula wrote: »
    we have tickets for Block L tonight..on the ticket it says restricted view of screens...anybody any idea from last night what seats in this block were like?

I was in Block L, picture attached!
    The screen is in the way - but still a super show and the sound was fantastic!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

In block L, I really can't imagine you'll 'experience' any of the main big screen effects, which would really detract from the show in my opinion.
    However, there's probably only 1/3 of the show that use full screen effects.... the rest were main stage or on the runway without the screen effects.

BTW - I was standing, but was looking up wondering how it'd be for people in Block L etc... near the middle

• Advertisement

Veloce wrote: »
    How far back were you from the screen / stage when you got in at 7:45 whiskeyman?

Probably half way in, but I could have easily got closer to the main stage.
    To be honest, once you get in, try get a spot near the middle of the main big screen that runs through the middle.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,069 ✭✭✭Irish Aris

I was sitting in block J, sounded epic from there - perhaps it was the speaker configuration itself which left some parts of the venue sounding less well mixed than others?

I was in block K and the sound was also great throughout!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,788 ✭✭✭g0g

My impression from last night attached. Green best place to see them from standing - don't go too close to runway though else you'll have a crick in your neck trying to look up to screen, esp when they're in it! If I'd had to pick seats I'd have gone with orange. Red seemed rubbish. Now I think they might have had their own TV screen to help up in front of them, but I really think they must have missed out on a lot.
    U2.jpg

Thanks iSeano90 and whiskeyman ... we are in the middle of Block L, hopefully doesnt take away too from much the night!

In block L, I really can't imagine you'll 'experience' any of the main big screen effects, which would really detract from the show in my opinion.
    However, there's probably only 1/3 of the show that use full screen effects.... the rest were main stage or on the runway without the screen effects.

BTW - I was standing, but was looking up wondering how it'd be for people in Block L etc... near the middle
    iSeano90 wrote: »
    g0g wrote: »
    My impression from last night attached. Green best place to see them from standing - don't go too close to runway though else you'll have a crick in your neck trying to look up to screen, esp when they're in it! If I'd had to pick seats I'd have gone with orange. Red seemed rubbish. Now I think they might have had their own TV screen to help up in front of them, but I really think they must have missed out on a lot.
    U2.jpg

we are right bang in the middle of the L ... :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,788 ✭✭✭g0g

we are right bang in the middle of the L ... :mad:
    You sure? I'm certain a strip directly down the middle of L was completely empty last night. I assumed they didn't sell the very middle seats

You sure? I'm certain a strip directly down the middle of L was completely empty last night. I assumed they didn't sell the very middle seats

maybe thats why our tickets were only 75 each! ..yea from looking at the seating plan, we are pretty much where the L letter is on the plan...maybe we are just to one side of the strip so if there is a strip that is closed off.

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭amcgee

Hi

Getting worried about my block L tickets now, but sure will enjoy it nonetheless

tell us what time approx did it finish at

cant wait till Saturday!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,397 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Just looking through the Setlists, last nights first Dublin setlist was the exact same as the first Belfast setlist.

Presumable tonight so (I'm heading to), will be similar to the second Belfast setlist

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭lyoness

No they "upgraded" these tickets to standing as I knew someone who had them! So you may be lucky!!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,397 ✭✭✭Shedite27

So that'd be....

Out of Control instead of The Electric Co.

Elevation instead of Desire
    Sweetest Thing instead of Angel of Harlem

Bad and 40 instead of One

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Massive fan since 84,couldnt get a ticket totally gutted to be missing out.
    Hope anyone going to the gigs have a great time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,478 ✭✭✭eeguy

The first 15 seats or so were empty. There were a few higher up that were occupied.

lyoness wrote: »
    No they "upgraded" these tickets to standing as I knew someone who had them! So you may be lucky!!

hmmm ..i havent heard anything anyways so will see once i get there! :)

amcgee wrote: »

tell us what time approx did it finish at

Over at 10:50 I'd say.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭johnpatrick81

Based on all their 4 gig stays in cities this leg, tonight will end with Still Haven't Found.

http://tours.atu2.com/tour/innocence-experience-tour-2nd-leg-Europe

The last night is always the one to have the Bad/40 finish.

Over at 10:50 I'd say.

On at half 8 on the dot and finished at 10 to 11.

They said goodbye at half 10, then 4 song encore.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,992 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

lyoness wrote: »

Oh yea? I'm bang in the middle of Block L on Friday night!
    were they just redirected @ the door or what?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,062 ✭✭✭secondrowgal

Any comments from those in the standing area? Was it packed? How early did you get there?

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭setanta74

iSeano90 wrote: »

Great picture..looks exactly where my tickets could be tonight. Happy enough with that for €33. Will still see Edge and Adam and the runway and a great view of the small stage. Delighted to hear the sound was fantastic. Sure isn't that what its all about anyway..not the "props" :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭innuendo141

Any comments from those in the standing area? Was it packed? How early did you get there?

Just had a text from a mate saying there was loads of space anyway

No one can do a show like that.
    Was standing back middle, and still felt very close to main stage.
    The way the middle screen is placed, I felt it a perfect place to stand.
    Not sure how it worked for those seated in the middle facing the stage??
    Standing area still didn't feel packed and could have easily allowed a hundred more or so in.

got there at 7:45.

Just had a text from a mate saying there was loads of space anyway

Got in at 7, had a pint in the bar and moved into the arena at half past.
    Loads of room, it didn't get really busy till about 8.

Best bet as others have said is to get about halfway up the walkway and maybe 5 metres from the barrier so you can see the screen.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,851 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

Seems the Box office isnt open until 6.30 ,pure nonsense opening it that late .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭Veloce

Seems the Box office isnt open until 6.30 ,pure nonsense opening it that late .

Ah FFS.

Saw there were reasonably big lines to get in before they opened the door:

Advertisement