Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

U2 Innocence & Experience Tour 2015 (Dublin and Belfast gigs confirmed, post #275)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭mc_grens

How was security?

Did anyone bring a camera?

I want to take a Fuji xt1 with maybe a 35mm or a 14mm.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

Veloce wrote: »
    Ah FFS.

Saw there were reasonably big lines to get in before they opened the door:

Utter nonsense to be honest.
    Had hoped to collect tickets in the afternoon then go off for a bite to eat and return later ,now I will have to queue up.
    I could have had a lie in if I knew it was opening so late.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,788 ✭✭✭g0g

I see standing available for tonight right now if anyone still looking

(I was looking for someone else who didn't take them. Session timed out and I searched again and they're still there)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

g0g wrote: »

yep - that's on ticketmaster in case anyone wondering
    http://www.ticketmaster.ie/event/18004F29B50E7150

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭lbj666

For anyone that has been to other shows, just curious how did the set up compared in the three arena compared to the rest of the tour.

Did the screens move up and down at all, with the band playing behind them. They look pretty fixed from photos i could see.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,069 ✭✭✭Irish Aris

lbj666 wrote: »
    For anyone that has been to other shows, just curious how did the set up compared in the three arena compared to the rest of the tour.

Did the screens move up and down at all, with the band playing behind them. They look pretty fixed from photos i could see.

they moved up and down on a few occasions.
    they moved down for the first time 3 or 4 songs into the show and they remained down for quite a while
    at some point the band was playing from within the screens

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭TommyGrealy

david75 wrote: »
    So deadly reading people's posts and no mindless u2 hate bollix and it just being people enjoying and celebrating the music.

They're a great band and nobody does this like them.

Amen to that David75! Looking forward to Fri. I take it there are no support acts - been trying to find this out.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,934 ✭✭✭AdpRo

Still standing available for tonight, I can't go tonight but really want to go Friday night, I was surprised last week that standing became available for Monday / Tuesday but none for Friday / Saturday, I would have assumed they would have sold the same number of tickets for all 4 nights in the original release........maybe hope yet that something will come up for the weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

I take it there are no support acts - been trying to find this out.

been mentioned a few times now... no support acts.
    Band on stage around 8:30.
    There is music played through the speakers though and generally a great buzz in the time leading up to them coming on stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭lambayire

Listening online last night and the warm-up music was brilliant!

That said, you have to be one mad/sad person to stream/periscope a gig from the venue.

I don't know how you can possibly enjoy a show to the fullest whilst doing that.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,478 ✭✭✭eeguy

lambayire wrote: »
    Listening online last night and the warm-up music was brilliant!

That said, you have to be one mad/sad person to stream/periscope a gig from the venue.

I don't know how you can possibly enjoy a show to the fullest whilst doing that.

Were U2 themselves streaming it?

What was the deal with the mobile phone/ twitter feed?

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭lambayire

Don't think it was U2 doing the streaming. The quality wouldn't have been good enough.

One lad Periscoped the full show and the phone/ipad wasn't in a locked position.

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭mrk75

eeguy wrote: »
    Were U2 themselves streaming it?

What was the deal with the mobile phone/ twitter feed?

U2 stream Mysterious Ways via Meerkat then get the fan who was up dancing with Bono during MW to film the next song (generally Elevation or Angel of Harlem) from the e-stage and that's via Meerkat too.

g0g wrote: »

(I was looking for someone else who didn't take them. Session timed out and I searched again and they're still there)

Good to hear. One in the eye for the touts hopefully.

I always reckon if you're smart and persistent enough and try all angles you'll get a ticket and usually at cost price.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,611 ✭✭✭david75

It's a shame they didn't just put tickets in all our phones like they did their album :)

david75 wrote: »
    It's a shame they didn't just put tickets in all our phones like they did their album :)

There wouldn't have been as many complaints about that.... :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,376 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

mrk75 wrote: »
    Good to hear. One in the eye for the touts hopefully.

I always reckon if you're smart and persistent enough and try all angles you'll get a ticket and usually at cost price.

Have to disagree as the gigs got closer and closer guessing some (foolish IMO)people got desperate and have most likely already handed out wads of cash to these yobs.

Some great reports from last night, looking forward to tonights show now, ya looking at setlists of other 3/4 multiple nights they've done "Still haven't..." is the closer.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭EyesClosed

Anyone sitting in Block E near the top right of it, just wondering as my tickets say possible restricted view of the screen

• Registered Users Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

I wonder is it okay to buy another 2 tickets for tonight for my brother and his wife if I already bought 2 previously on the same card ?
    They wont cancel them at this late stage ?

• Registered Users Posts: 38,416 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

So if u2 can't sell out the 3arena who can ???. The rolling stones, Garth Brooks I think mite.

• Advertisement

Have to disagree as the gigs got closer and closer guessing some (foolish IMO)people got desperate and have most likely already handed out wads of cash to these yobs.

Some great reports from last night, looking forward to tonights show now, ya looking at setlists of other 3/4 multiple nights they've done "Still haven't..." is the closer.

I don't doubt that at all. Maybe it is a case of bolting the stable door at this stage but if even some people who might have otherwise resorted to touts can now pick up tickets at cost price then that's great.

• Registered Users Posts: 988 ✭✭✭Benbecul97

Anyone that was there last night recommend the best place to stand with a 14year old to see the stages and the main screens?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 23 barhodgins

HI THERE,

ANYONE AT THE U2 GIG LAST NIGHT... REVIEWS SEEM GOOD??

WHAT TIME THEY FINISH UP ON STAGE??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭johnpatrick81

Christy Dignam to sing Still Haven't Found with them perhaps? How is his health these days? Last I heard it wasn't good...

mrk75 wrote: »
    I don't doubt that at all. Maybe it is a case of bolting the stable door at this stage but if even some people who might have otherwise resorted to touts can now pick up tickets at cost price then that's great.

It's also on the other foot too Ticketmaster(official known tout) haven't flogged heldback tickets on their subsidiary websites and are now taking the minimum price.

PTH2009 wrote: »
    So if u2 can't sell out the 3arena who can ???. The rolling stones, Garth Brooks I think mite.

What on earth are you talking about?

• Registered Users Posts: 38,416 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Christy Dignam to sing Still Haven't Found with them perhaps? How is his health these days? Last I heard it wasn't good...

That would be something.

Aslan are doing a few shows in December so he must be OK. Going to see them in Waterford on the 18th Dec

• Registered Users Posts: 1,210 ✭✭✭FionnK86

Going to see them on Saturday, but won't be able to start queuing until 3pm. People were queuing up to 3 days for last nights show :O It's my first U2 concert and I want to see them up close, would I still be able to or will it be jammers (standing)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭WeleaseWoderick

Can't wait for this evening's show. Will be my 5th time seeing them but first time seeing them indoors.

Haven't looked forward to a gig this much in a long time!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭Matt Bianco

Tickets up on Ticketmaster - GA @ €70 for anyone interested

Advertisement