Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

U2 Innocence & Experience Tour 2015 (Dublin and Belfast gigs confirmed, post #275)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭iSeano90

FionnK86 wrote: »
    Going to see them on Saturday, but won't be able to start queuing until 3pm. People were queuing up to 3 days for last nights show :O It's my first U2 concert and I want to see them up close, would I still be able to or will it be jammers (standing)

Ive been to Berlin, London and Dublin. In the other shows, there was tons of space to move around the floor. Dublin last night, from my seat, looked packed!

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭mrk75

iSeano90 wrote: »
    Ive been to Berlin, London and Dublin. In the other shows, there was tons of space to move around the floor. Dublin last night, from my seat, looked packed!

Depends how close you want to be. Right up at the barrier might be great for certain songs but I don't think you get the full experience with the lights, screen, etc.

As above, Glasgow and Belfast were fine. You could wander in after 8 and still get within yards of, say, the e-stage or the runway.

I stood right at the perimeter of the standing area in Glasgow and had plenty of room but still a great view - the kind you'd have to queue for ages for to get at a stadium gig. So, I wouldn't sweat it really. Any spot is a good spot.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,992 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

Irish Aris wrote: »
    they moved up and down on a few occasions.
    they moved down for the first time 3 or 4 songs into the show and they remained down for quite a while
    at some point the band was playing from within the screens

that's pretty normal from the show I seen in London

• Registered Users Posts: 8,939 ✭✭✭20Cent

Benbecul97 wrote: »
    Anyone that was there last night recommend the best place to stand with a 14year old to see the stages and the main screens?

Thanks

Facing the stage the left hand side was good moved about halfway in was good.
    We moved halfway through and to the right of the sound desk there was a closed off area loads of room. Think you need a wristband to get in but we just walked in if you have a kid they will prob let you go there.
    There are steps on the barriers was standing on them great view people around us took turns doing it.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Dcully wrote: »
    Massive fan since 84,couldnt get a ticket totally gutted to be missing out.
    Hope anyone going to the gigs have a great time.

Just got two standing electronic tickets on ticket master for tonight woohoo.
    Would arriving for 19:30 be okay folks?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,358 ✭✭✭✭8-10

That's the ideal time to arrive IMO

• Registered Users Posts: 6,376 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Final question, according to ticketmaster there is ample car parking nearby.
    Is this so or would I be better off parking at the red cow luas, coming from Kildare?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,906 ✭✭✭✭FixdePitchmark

It's also on the other foot too Ticketmaster(official known tout) haven't flogged heldback tickets on their subsidiary websites and are now taking the minimum price.

Anyone any idea how this ticketing worked.

Lads are selling tickets online for 500 euro that they paid 500 euro for from Ticketmaster - you don't have a drink with Bono - just ok tickets :eek::confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,044 ✭✭✭Andrew 83

They finished at 10.50pm.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,389 ✭✭✭NachoBusiness

Final question, according to ticketmaster there is ample car parking nearby.
    Is this so or would I be better off parking at the red cow luas, coming from Kildare?

Traffic in Dublin is dreadful between 5pm and 7pm most days. Add rain and it's infinitely worse. Add a gig at the 3 and sure you can imagine yourself.

Get the Luas would be my vote.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 546 ✭✭✭sebcity

I read this and said, they're still on sale?!?! Just bought 2 off ticketmaster - beauty!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 618 ✭✭✭Pingi

Arrived at 7:15 last night, wasn't waiting long to get in. Luas was OK, still a bit crammed but Ive seen it worse. I would say arriving at around 7:30 - 8:00 would be best. Stood to the side of the stage near the bar, sound and view of the screen was perfect, could see the band on stage also but obviously blocked a bit by big crowd in front, was easy to get a decent spot standing.

Official T-shirts inside were €35, unofficial ones outside €10 and beers €6.50

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭lyoness

sebcity wrote: »
    I read this and said, they're still on sale?!?! Just bought 2 off ticketmaster - beauty!!!

FFS been checking TM all day 😭

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭poundhound

Re: How was security? Did anyone bring a camera? I want to take a Fuji xt1 with maybe a 35mm or a 14mm.

I brought a Nikon 7100 with 3 lenses. As I approached the doors I noticed people were being scanned with metal detactors and patted down. I was very worried, however as I approched the door, they decided to speed the que up and waved us on. Not sure if it would have been an issue but I was glad to avoid any hassle.

I'll stick up some photo's later.

It was a hell of a show. Up there with the best Ive seen at the venue including AC/DC in 91, Bowie in 2003 and Roger Waters in 2011.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 summer1983

Can I ask anyone who had a "Music zone" ticket? Where are they watching the show? I'm going on Sat show, I can get in from 5:30pm but the show won't be starting until at 8:30. I wonder if there is any food inside for the people who have Music Zone tickets ??

• Registered Users Posts: 6,376 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

summer1983 wrote: »
    I can get in from 5:30pm but the show won't be starting until at 8:30. I wonder if there is any food inside for the people who have Music Zone tickets ??

Of course there would be....Expensive average grub

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,478 ✭✭✭eeguy

sebcity wrote: »

Got another two for the parents. They're delighted!

• Registered Users Posts: 618 ✭✭✭Pingi

Can I ask anyone who had a "Music zone" ticket? Where are they watching the show? I'm going on Sat show, I can get in from 5:30pm but the show won't be starting until at 8:30. I wonder if there is any food inside for the people who have Music Zone tickets ??

Id recommend the Harbour master on the luas line (Georges dock stop) for food, its only 3 stops away.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

Why bother going in for 5:30?
    I presume if you have MGZ tickets you get a wrist band on entry that allows you in that area anyway.
    Get food elsewhere and enjoy yourself!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,478 ✭✭✭eeguy

Why don't you go for a wander around the IFSC for a while and get something cheaper and nicer than you'll get in the 3Arena

• Registered Users Posts: 17,797 ✭✭✭✭hatrickpatrick

Where are all these last minute sanding tickets coming from? How much are they, and are they only available in person at the venue?

I'd love to go again on Saturday or indeed any other day, but I don't want to risk buying a paperless ticket from someone else given all the warnings about how strict they're being. But if there are standing tickets officially going on sale from ticket master, that's different :D

• Registered Users Posts: 17,797 ✭✭✭✭hatrickpatrick

eeguy wrote: »
    Why don't you go for a wander around the IFSC for a while and get something cheaper and nicer than you'll get in the 3Arena

HQ restaurant near the Bord Gais theatre, had dinner there last night before the gig - great food, great selection of beer, as reasonably priced as you could expect for Dublin (€5.50 / Guinness)

• Registered Users Posts: 978 ✭✭✭arrianalexander

Am in block a seat one , a row back , anyone last night in block a give idea of view ?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,397 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Where are all these last minute sanding tickets coming from? How much are they, and are they only available in person at the venue?
    Probably used last night as a test to see how many they can fit standing (as they'd never had a stage like this before). Presume they figured they can fit in some more.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,934 ✭✭✭AdpRo

Shedite27 wrote: »
    Probably used last night as a test to see how many they can fit standing (as they'd never had a stage like this before). Presume they figured they can fit in some more.

If that was the case I would have expected Friday and Saturday tickets to also be on sale but nothing yet, here's hoping they will be some later in the week.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,330 ✭✭✭readytosnap

1 spare seated section J for tonight if anyone looking

• Registered Users Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭innuendo141

AdpRo wrote: »
    If that was the case I would have expected Friday and Saturday tickets to also be on sale but nothing yet, here's hoping they will be some later in the week.

Been living on ticketmaster refreshing saturday. Mad to get a standing. Sell my seat then.

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭Mountain_Surfer

Just bought two standing tickets for tonight on ticketmaster... delighted :D:D:D:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭ArtOfEscape

Some info for those who have asked about the queuing setup -- my friend and I arrived around noon on Monday and were told by security staff that the fans had self-organised the queuing system. This group was gathered outside the Odeon and had a list of people who wanted to be on the north or south side of the stage. At noon there were about 100 people signed up for each side. We were given a number, written in Sharpie on our hands, and were free to wander off but had to check in for a "roll call" sort of thing at 1pm and again at 3pm. At 3pm the barriers were put up at the entrances and we were able to queue up in order, north side at entrance 3 and south side at entrance 1.

Not a perfect system, and a few fans did turn up who didn't play ball and got in ahead of us, but I thought it would be worth mentioning, as I think it's likely the same system will be in place for other nights.

Good luck, everyone - it's a fantastic show!

ETA: We were 106 and 107 in the numbered queue for our side, and I'd say 130 people were ahead of us in the queue for our entrance. We wanted to get a spot right up at a rail and barely got the last one, right at the end of the catwalk. If we hadn't been restricted by that, we would have had our pick of spots at the centre stage and and along the catwalk, probably no more than 3 or 4 people back from the rail. I'd say you could get a spot within 8-10 people of the stages and catwalk right up until about 7:30pm. Our view of the screen was somewhat restricted
    (the band weren't visible inside the screen from so close)
    and when the band were on the main stage I couldn't see all that much (I'm 5'4") but they weren't there for very many songs.

Advertisement