Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

U2 Innocence & Experience Tour 2015 (Dublin and Belfast gigs confirmed, post #275)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,643 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

What a stunning song.

Nobody doing **** like that
    still.

Which song?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,906 ✭✭✭✭FixdePitchmark

Seve OB wrote: »
    If you go your way, ill go mine

I GO MINE

• Registered Users Posts: 15,992 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

Stop chasing

Sheeettttttt, friday cant come quick enough

Heres october snippit again

• Advertisement

What do i care!

In the howling wind

Nice little snippet there of I remember you. Another amazing tune.

Things dont last forever, they never really do.

Better than last night and dare i say it, i nearly enjoyed that more than when i was actually at the gig over in London.

40 finish..... Pure class. I hope to hear that on Saturday or Ill be devestated

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,611 ✭✭✭david75

eeguy wrote: »
    Why don't you go for a wander around the IFSC for a while and get something cheaper and nicer than you'll get in the 3Arena

Ifsc. Cheaper. Dying of laughter.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,512 ✭✭✭Wheety

Did people get tickets on ticketmaster.ie today? What are the chances of getting some for Friday or Saturday?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,397 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Just home. Fantastic show. Always thought Muse were the greatest visual act but this will take some topping. If anything the visuals are a little distracting, but I suppose at their age it's expected.

On a quick sidenote, President Michael D in attendance!

Great show, the new stuff went down really well live (both to myself that had heard the album and the wife that hadn't).

Best visuals was Until the End of The World, if you video one song only, let it be that.

Bullet the Blue sky and Sunday Bloody Sunday the most dour (preachy) songs of the night. Think my favs of the night were Bad, Streets have no name and Blinging lights (amazing song live). Absolutely fantastic set. So many great moments. I'm definitely gonna try to go again over the weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭mc_grens

22660854453_c09f822c15_c.jpgBono and The Edge by Ciaran McGrenera, on Flickr

Cracking show. the closing 1-2 punch of Bad and 40 is was brilliant.

it's a little weird, like the whole crowd gets distracted by the screens, and forgets to sing/ dance for all but the biggest tunes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 823 ✭✭✭q2xv9rjei4awgb

10th time seeing them.....There are no words. Just, amazing!

Probably the best I've seen them play, as an actual band. Tight as hell.

Course, there is always a bad side and tonight, that goes to the latest version of Sunday Bloody Sunday.

Other than that, best show on the planet right now

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,524 Mod ✭✭✭✭Amirani

Sunday Bloody Sunday was the biggest let down of the night. Some of the stuff on the screen didn't add anything. Good gig though.

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭Diego Tristan

Shedite27 wrote: »

Best visuals was Until the End of The World, if you video one song only, let it be that.

Cedarwood Road pretty amazing as well. Talk about bringing a song to life!

• Registered Users Posts: 38,416 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

That was the worst gig I was ever at. So boring. Only joking lol

It was the best thing I saw in my life worth every cent. Desire, streets, lights, bad highlights for me. A bit sad I didn't hear ishfwilf or one but happy I got hear desire (my fav u2 song).

I fear nothing is going to top this show until u2 play again on the next tour.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,797 ✭✭✭✭hatrickpatrick

Amirani wrote: »
    Sunday Bloody Sunday was the biggest let down of the night. Some of the stuff on the screen didn't add anything. Good gig though.

I can see what they're trying to do by stripping it down, but to me Sunday Bloody Sunday without the epic drum part is like Mysterious Ways without the FunkWah effect.

• Registered Users Posts: 618 ✭✭✭bonoman66

Here's a recap of Bullet for anyone interested...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭innuendo141

And the scouring of Ticketmaster begins again....

Come on Saturday standing tickets!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

david75 wrote: »
    Ifsc. Cheaper. Dying of laughter.

Harbourmaster food menu was pretty good.
    I got a lovely burger and chips for a tenner... in a lovely warm clean pub, and not waiting out in the dark, damp evening beside some chip van outside or some crappy indoor venue grub charging a lot more!

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭setanta74

For anyone sitting in Section L (cheap seats) read on... I was right back in the middle of L. The end of the screen was straight in front of me. Cant see Larry or the runway (so that ruled out Bono a lot of the time).

The screen goes up and down a lot so sometimes had great view of the small stage and all 4 of them when they played down there but when down you can only see them either side of the screen.

However we did have our own massive HD screen in front of us so you always get the images anyway.

So the big question is does it detract from the show? For me it is a resounding NO and I wouldnt complain considering the price paid of €33.

The sound was great and you can see the lads for large portions of the gig and it is only when they enter the screen when you cant see them.

It was a superb gig musically. Highlights for me were October & Breaking wave, Out of Control, Real thing, End of the world, Bullet, Mysterious ways, Streets, Bad, 40 and the tricolour at the end beating on Larrys bass drum. Class. (loved how all the other flags were tossed back..bono only wanted the irish flag ;-) )

• Closed Accounts Posts: 546 ✭✭✭sebcity

Unreal. Loved every minute.

There were guys on my left, massive fans, I wish I had a video of when Bad came on. It was the best thing, they were so happy!

Unfortunately, there wa a group of about 7/8 people on my right who really should not have been there, all they did was talk, some had their backs to the stage, getting rounds of 6 pints at a time trying to barge through everyone. They were chatting loudly during all the quiet songs - really got on my nerves, didn't even join in with the classics. They should have gone to the pub.

Visually, it was spectacular.
    Bono seemed on point with the vocals!
    Would definitely go again!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,451 ✭✭✭ZV Yoda

I'm a long time U2 fan. I've seen them every time they played in Ireland right back to Self Aid in '86. Overall, I enjoyed last night's gig, but wasn't blown away.

Maybe it's down to where we were sitting (block N, half way up on Adam's side of the stage), but the sound was poor. It felt like the the PA was set up for a support band & somebody had forgotten to change the settings to the "full" sound.

In particular, the sound for Invisible was appalling - I thought it was meant to be a recording of a crackly radio broadcast until I saw the band lit up behind the screen to reveal they were actually playing it live.

It was very hard to hear Bono for a lot of the gig. Couldn't make out much of what he said between songs. The other thing was that he struggled with his voice. He only hit a fraction of the high notes & most of the time, he just let the crowd sing them.

It was a great set though - delighted to hear Bad. Zooropa was amazing. Other highlights were Mysterious Ways, Bullet the Blue Sky, Song for Someone, Every Breaking Wave and 40. Angel of Harlem was great craic & took me right back to when I saw them at the old Point in '89.

The video wall was the star of the show. Without that, I think it would have been a very average gig.

I'd love to go again & get GA tix to see if the sound / atmosphere was any better.

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭mrk75

And the scouring of Ticketmaster begins again....

Come on Saturday standing tickets!

Keep checking the message boards on the official www[dot]u2[dot]com and the fan-site www[dot]atu2[dot}com as well. There's swaps and spares coming up there too.

(Sorry - not allowed to post actual links)

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭mrk75

sebcity wrote: »
    Unreal. Loved every minute.

There were guys on my left, massive fans, I wish I had a video of when Bad came on. It was the best thing, they were so happy!

Unfortunately, there wa a group of about 7/8 people on my right who really should not have been there, all they did was talk, some had their backs to the stage, getting rounds of 6 pints at a time trying to barge through everyone. They were chatting loudly during all the quiet songs - really got on my nerves, didn't even join in with the classics. They should have gone to the pub.

Visually, it was spectacular.
    Bono seemed on point with the vocals!
    Would definitely go again!

Interesting that set lists for the two gigs so far pretty much mirrored the two Belfast gigs.

It'll be interesting to see if they mix it up a little on Friday and Saturday now they've figured out the lie of the land with the adjusted stage set-up.

Probably not - I think at this stage the show is the show is the show so don't fix it but it Still Haven't Found..., All I Want Is You and New Year's Day have made the odd appearance and might get thrown in there.

Will they resurrect Crystal Ballroom? Possibly not - a hard one to do live and mightn't have the required familiarity with the audience but it would be nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭setanta74

ZV Yoda wrote: »
    It was a great set though - delighted to hear Bad. Zooropa was amazing. Other highlights were Mysterious Ways, Bullet the Blue Sky, Song for Someone, Every Breaking Wave and 40. Angel of Harlem was great craic & took me right back to when I saw them at the old Point in '89.

Ah yeah Angel of Harlem and Zooropa..how could I forget.so many highlights.

I listened to the '89 gig on 2fm that night as a teenager. What a great comparison you could have made last night having being there in person.

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭iSeano90

setanta74 wrote: »
    For anyone sitting in Section L (cheap seats) read on... I was right back in the middle of L. The end of the screen was straight in front of me. Cant see Larry or the runway (so that ruled out Bono a lot of the time).

The screen goes up and down a lot so sometimes had great view of the small stage and all 4 of them when they played down there but when down you can only see them either side of the screen.

However we did have our own massive HD screen in front of us so you always get the images anyway.

So the big question is does it detract from the show? For me it is a resounding NO and I wouldnt complain considering the price paid of €33.

The sound was great and you can see the lads for large portions of the gig and it is only when they enter the screen when you cant see them.

It was a superb gig musically. Highlights for me were October & Breaking wave, Out of Control, Real thing, End of the world, Bullet, Mysterious ways, Streets, Bad, 40 and the tricolour at the end beating on Larrys bass drum. Class. (loved how all the other flags were tossed back..bono only wanted the irish flag ;-) )

We had cheap seat tickets for last nights gig, but I saw the night before that they were covered. True enough, we get in, they scan our tickets and a beep goes off- "Oh, you are being upgraded to standing"

Happy days!

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭lambayire

setanta74 wrote: »

Yep, we were 10 rows from the front in Block L but (kinda) luckily we were on the aisle of the Block. We had a bit of a view of the big screen but you'd get neck ache trying to look at the smaller screen above us.

I absolutely loved the show but I kept thinking it could have been just that little better. The opening four songs were stunning.

The new song section worked well for me but far too may folk upstairs headed off to the bars. We were just too side on to the screen to appreciate the visuals properly.

The second half started with a right blast and everyone was up on their feet.
    The Brailian lad was very funny on stage.

Every Breaking Wave and October were great but I'd have put them into the first half somewhere. There was a great buzz upstairs before they started.
    Bullet the Blue Sky was good but I always feel it's sister song of Running to Stand Still should always follow it.

But from the Streets onwards, it was just epic. It looked like Bono ordered a set change towards the end. Those in the know were expecting I Still Haven't Found.... but to get Bad and 40....well there were tears in my eyes.

My only other minor gripe was the sound. I thought it too loud especially Bono's vocal.

Did anyone notice when Desire was on for the Meerkat bit, the volume level changed in the building according to the volume being changed on the screens. I thought that was very clever.

Overall a brilliant gig and I would love to be going again. I have a feeling that Saturday is going to be very special.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 988 ✭✭✭Benbecul97

Super, super gig! Brilliant set, brilliant sound. The band and Bono seemed really up for it.
    The main video wall is a massive part of "the show" and not getting a proper view of it (be it from seats or standing too close to it along the runway), for me, will definitely take from it. But I know that this wont bother others too much.
    If you are standing on either Fri or Sat I would recommend standing someplace well away from the main pathway to the bar - the weekend shows have the potential to be more messy (drink wise) than early in the week.

Advertisement