Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

U2 Innocence & Experience Tour 2015 (Dublin and Belfast gigs confirmed, post #275)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,389 ✭✭✭NachoBusiness

Remember listening to this live on the radio. Almost 26 years ago now. Very young enthusiastic crowd best seen around the 10min mark. Atmosphere looked amazing. Wonder how many of them make it along to one of the current shows..

• Registered Users Posts: 38,416 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

sebcity wrote: »
    Unreal. Loved every minute.

There were guys on my left, massive fans, I wish I had a video of when Bad came on. It was the best thing, they were so happy!

Unfortunately, there wa a group of about 7/8 people on my right who really should not have been there, all they did was talk, some had their backs to the stage, getting rounds of 6 pints at a time trying to barge through everyone. They were chatting loudly during all the quiet songs - really got on my nerves, didn't even join in with the classics. They should have gone to the pub.

Visually, it was spectacular.
    Bono seemed on point with the vocals!
    Would definitely go again!

ah yeah they facebook bragging i was there crowd. no interest in the gig they must have money to burn to be paying 70 plus for tickets and 6.50 each time for a pint while die hard genuine fans struggle to get tickets.

was that big black box where the sound desk usually is (under block D) the vip section and dressing rooms as the band left the stage and went into it and bono came out of it at the start of the gig. How did the band get from there to backstage without going through the crowd ???

they were sold out of the irish exclusive shirt when i got there. the programme is good though and i got another shirt

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭ArtOfEscape

PTH2009 wrote: »
    was that big black box where the sound desk usually is (under block D) the vip section and dressing rooms as the band left the stage and went into it and bono came out of it at the start of the gig. How did the band get from there to backstage without going through the crowd ???

I've been wondering about this too!

• Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭Belfunk

I've been wondering about this too!

They walked along past the bar area in behind the seating, i'd imagine that blackbox was a temporary stairs covered up. From the standing section it looks like the crowd was cleared from that area while the band walked over to the stairs.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭Bluetonic

PTH2009 wrote: »
    How did the band get from there to backstage without going through the crowd ???
    On the way out they came out from behind the stage onto the mezzanine level above standing and the lower bars (on the Liffey side) and around to the catwalk - no crowd on the mezzanine level at that stage. Edit - may have been just Bono on the way out.

After the gig they walked through the crowd at ground level at the bars/exits (on the Liffey side) back to behind the stage, with a few security beside them.

Both on the way out and back in they gave a few waves etc.., and a small bit of interaction with the people who were standing in that area.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,606 ✭✭✭schemingbohemia

Are there 2 separate Standing sections? I was there last night, amazing gig (my first U2 gig) and I couldn't see anything separating our (liffey side) section from the rest of the venue but someone looking for tickets on Friday has heard there are 2 separate sections and can get 1 ticket online and the other from a mate but doesn't want both of them in different sections, if that makes sense.

TLDR 1 standing section or 2?

• Registered Users Posts: 988 ✭✭✭Benbecul97

Bluetonic wrote: »
    On the way out they came out from behind the stage onto the mezzanine level above standing and the lower bars (on the Liffey side) and around to the catwalk - no crowd on the mezzanine level at that stage.

Yeah, saw them walk along the mezzanine level. Was it not just Bono that walked the catwalk or did the band too before they started?
    Bluetonic wrote: »
    After the gig they walked through the crowd at ground level at the bars/exits (on the Liffey side) back to behind the stage, with a few security beside them.

Not sure about this, unless they wanted to mingle with the crowd. Why would you leave the main stage, walk through the crowd towards the main entrances/exits to then turn around to go back behind the main stage.

I think after they left the stage and walked through the crowd they exited the venue as there were blacked out People Carriers and 2 motorcycle guards waiting outside at the exit nearest the quays. Unless those motorcycle guards were for Michael D!

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭Pete Moss

Fantastic show. Not taking the visual display into account, I thought the band were great on the night. Their setlist was excellent, even though there were some I was disappointed I missed out on (Running To Stand Still) but Bad and 40 were great sign-offs.

I'm probably in the minority here, but I actually enjoyed the version of Bloody Sunday and Raised By Wolves after it, both fitted the "Innocence" side and feeling of the show well, IMO, but I can see why people wanted the full-on version too.

Are there 2 separate Standing sections? I was there last night, amazing gig (my first U2 gig) and I couldn't see anything separating our (liffey side) section from the rest of the venue but someone looking for tickets on Friday has heard there are 2 separate sections and can get 1 ticket online and the other from a mate but doesn't want both of them in different sections, if that makes sense.

Yes, there are 2 separate standing sections separated by the band's walkway and it depends (I think) on where you enter the venue as to the section you will be standing in. Entrance 1 (Liffey side), Entrance 3 (Other side) I think!

If your friends both enter the same entrance at the same time they will be able to stand together.

TLDR ??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭AlanG

Was standing for the Gig last night and was pretty impressed overall. Bono's voice was definitely going so he seemed to be holding back. The song selection was great and they worked in the newer songs well. Personally i thought the video wall took from the music - it added to Bono's show but took from the rest of the band. It was impressive but I think between mobile phones and the video wall a lot of people probably didn't take in the music as much as it deserved. The length of the show was good and The Edge played absolutely fantastic.
    Only real disappointment was Bloody Sunday which I had been hoping for but was actually a real let down.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 546 ✭✭✭sebcity

Benbecul97 wrote: »
    TLDR ??

Too lazy, didn't read

• Registered Users Posts: 800 ✭✭✭nialldinho

They weren't separate last night. You could walk between both sides by going past the bars, merchandise stands etc

We entered on the luas side but stood at the Liffey side

• Registered Users Posts: 49 killswitx

hi, as i have missed this one...can someone predict when the closest could be the next big concert like this one in dublin ? how often u2 has their big concert in dublin?

Pete Moss wrote: »
    I'm probably in the minority here, but I actually enjoyed the version of Bloody Sunday

Me too, loved it!

• Registered Users Posts: 49 killswitx

hi, as i have missed this one...can someone predict when the closest could be the next big concert like this one in dublin ? how often u2 has their big concerts in dublin?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Great gig lastnight up there with the best if not the best ive been to.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 430 ✭✭6am7f9zxrsjvnb

Is the merchandise stall open after the show?
    I'm one of those idiots who'll drop a hundred on t - shirts before the gig and spend the rest of the night trying not to lose the bag.
    Considering I'm in GA for Saturday, I'm also wondering if I can purchase before and collect after.
    Any info? ..First World problem, I know.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

killswitx wrote: »
    hi, as i have missed this one...can someone predict when the closest could be the next big concert like this one in dublin ? how often u2 has their big concerts in dublin?

Same as any other country.

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭ArtOfEscape

I'm one of those idiots who'll drop a hundred on t - shirts before the gig and spend the rest of the night trying not to lose the bag.
    Considering I'm in GA for Saturday, I'm also wondering if I can purchase before and collect after.

They're certainly open after the show, don't know about purchasing before and collecting after, though!

No, pretty sure it wasn't last night.

Lots of people had small back packs with them last night, bring an empty one, load it up before the gig, put it on yer back, enjoy the gig!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

wear it! That's what lots of people were doing!

I did see a lot of people go to the merch stall to the right of the GA area once the show was over though and it seemed open.

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭mrk75

They're certainly open after the show, don't know about purchasing before and collecting after, though!

Got a programme after the Belfast show no problem. They were being sold separately so I can't recall if the actual merchandise stall was open or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 722 ✭✭✭tommythecat

Was there last night. First time seeing them. Amazing show. So what's the major differences between this "adapted" show and one in a bigger venue?

4kwp South East facing PV System. 5.3kwh Weco battery. South Dublin City.

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭mrk75

Was there last night. First time seeing them. Amazing show. So what's the major differences between this "adapted" show and one in a bigger venue?

The e-stage is at the end of the runway in the other shows rather than in the middle. Probably the runway is longer too in the other venues.

Other than that, not sure. Will be able to compare and contrast once I see the Saturday gig.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,992 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

setanta74 wrote: »
    For anyone sitting in Section L (cheap seats) read on... I was right back in the middle of L. The end of the screen was straight in front of me. Cant see Larry or the runway (so that ruled out Bono a lot of the time).)

What was your seat numbers?
    iSeano90 wrote: »
    We had cheap seat tickets for last nights gig, but I saw the night before that they were covered. True enough, we get in, they scan our tickets and a beep goes off- "Oh, you are being upgraded to standing"

Happy days!

This is good news, but for it to be great news I'd love to know what were your seat numbers?

I've tickets for Friday and pretty much bang in the centre of block L from what I am looking at on the map, but the map is hard to read exactly and it is impossible to know which seats are actually covered. Interested to know if I might be one of the lucky ones in those covered up seats.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,027 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

First time seeing U2 last night and they were incredible. One of the most spectacular shows I've ever seen in the flesh.

Was in GA and I have to say that everyone seemed in great form, there were no bell-ends near us. We strolled in at 7.50 and had a brilliant standing spot

Absolutely incredible set and the screen was phenomenal. Seeing, 40, Bad and With or Without You live was an amazing experience.

Anyone going is in for a treat!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,597 ✭✭✭irish_stevo815

Was at it Monday night and was blown away by how good it was. Seen them in Croke Park park in 2005 but this was way better in the smaller venue.

We were in block M , 2 rows from the back but had a great view of the stage, screens and band. City of Blinding Lights is one of my fave songs of all time and seeing it live again just gave me goosebumps. Not a big fan of the newer stuff but they had a great mix of new and classic songs.

If I could go again at the weekend I would.

• Registered Users Posts: 722 ✭✭✭tommythecat

mrk75 wrote: »
    The e-stage is at the end of the runway in the other shows rather than in the middle. Probably the runway is longer too in the other venues.

Other than that, not sure. Will be able to compare and contrast once I see the Saturday gig.

Ah thanks. That's not so bad so. Can see why it would have worked better but still think it was great last night.

4kwp South East facing PV System. 5.3kwh Weco battery. South Dublin City.

Was at it Monday night and was blown away by how good it was. Seen them in Croke Park park in 2005 but this was way better in the smaller venue.

We were in block M , 2 rows from the back but had a great view of the stage, screens and band. City of Blinding Lights is one of my fave songs of all time and seeing it live again just gave me goosebumps. Not a big fan of the newer stuff but they had a great mix of new and classic songs.

If I could go again at the weekend I would.

Funny that cause I would classify blinding lights in the 'newer stuff' category :)

It's a superb song. Would say it was the standout song from the previous stage shows.

• Advertisement

Just looking at my seat numbers again. I have a feeling my seats will be the 2 right next to the blocked off area :rolleyes:

Advertisement