Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

U2 Innocence & Experience Tour 2015 (Dublin and Belfast gigs confirmed, post #275)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭Deadwards.com

Having first seen the band in 1989 in the point I was really looking forward to these gigs (I have seen them loads over the years). I have to say last night was on a par with the first time I saw them for pure emotion and sound. It is by far the best they have sounded since the Lovetown tour in '89. What a show!! To hear Bad live again brought tears to my eyes.

I brought the wife last night to try to explain how amazing the band are live and she for once, agreed with me :D

Heading back on Friday with my brother for our Point Depot 26 year reunion in the standing section so if you see 2 oldies singing out their lungs, it could be us.

For anyone still to experience this tour....enjoy and soak it up. This is a once in a lifetime gig!!

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭lambayire

Seve OB wrote: »
    Just looking at my seat numbers again. I have a feeling my seats will be the 2 right next to the blocked off area :rolleyes:

I guess somewhere around 106-107 in Block D
    and 140-141 in Block L

• Registered Users Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭innuendo141

Just looking at my seat numbers again. I have a feeling my seats will be the 2 right next to the blocked off area :rolleyes:

Likewise, to the right of the screen (looking at it). Low enough though thanks be to christ

• Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭Veloce

Great show last night. I was front row just in front of Adam on the Northside of the 'I' stage. Got some great pictures. The girl beside me got the setlist from one of the producers at the end of the show... Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking for was actually the close-out song but they played Bad/40... delighted with that!

I have to say, the pre-show music over the PA system was very good too! I'm nearly a Patti Smith fan at this stage!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,606 ✭✭✭schemingbohemia

Is the merchandise stall open after the show?
    I'm one of those idiots who'll drop a hundred on t - shirts before the gig and spend the rest of the night trying not to lose the bag.
    Considering I'm in GA for Saturday, I'm also wondering if I can purchase before and collect after.
    Any info? ..First World problem, I know.

Seemed to be open last night after the show, there were certainly people queuing/milling around at it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,597 ✭✭✭irish_stevo815

Funny that cause I would classify blinding lights in the 'newer stuff' category :)

It's a superb song. Would say it was the standout song from the previous stage shows.
    Ha I see what u mean. But I should have said the last 2 albums being newer stuff :-P

• Registered Users Posts: 722 ✭✭✭psychozeb

Anybody have any joy getting down to standing area from the seats on top level,have block L seat but out by the aisle so won't get down as I've seat 153. Have seen the show already just would rather be standing at gigs.

• Registered Users Posts: 775 ✭✭✭Pdoghue

iSeano90 wrote: »
    We had cheap seat tickets for last nights gig, but I saw the night before that they were covered. True enough, we get in, they scan our tickets and a beep goes off- "Oh, you are being upgraded to standing"

Happy days!

Pardon my ignorance, but what do you mean 'covered'? I have tickets for Section L on Friday night.

psychozeb wrote: »
    Anybody have any joy getting down to standing area from the seats on top level,have block L seat but out by the aisle so won't get down as I've seat 153. Have seen the show already just would rather be standing at gigs.

I know a lad who tried the Neon Bar guest list as a way down but security wouldnt let him down for love nor money, even though the guest list is for standing and seated. Makes sense like, but still.....

Pdoghue wrote: »
    Pardon my ignorance, but what do you mean 'covered'? I have tickets for Section L on Friday night.

There are 2 seats in every row of Blocks D and L that are out of action. They have black covers on them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,027 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

psychozeb wrote: »

Nope. There were no stairs between the two areas as some people said there would be. The two areas were completely segregated.

What are your standout songs of the tour / last night?

For me:
    Joey Ramone - this opening song is just fantastic.
    Zooropa (not the full song, but I like the version after it follows Bullet)
    Gloria (Played in London 3, my god the place went wild)
    New Years Day (London again), played a total of 3 times so far I think on this tour.
    Electric Co (particularly good in Belfast 2)
    People have the power w/ Patti Smith - played in London 3
    Bad/40. Saw this in Belfast 2 and Dublin 2.

It took a while, but after hearing Invisible again last night, I really like the live version. very powerful as the song pushes on.

Would have loved if they played The Crystal Ballroom.

Nope. There were no stairs between the two areas as some people said there would be. The two areas were completely segregated.

A few people that were picking up seated tickets from the Box Office "Accidentally" found themselves in the standing GA section. I saw the photos from these people of their empty seats :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 775 ✭✭✭Pdoghue

lambayire wrote: »
    There are 2 seats in every row of Blocks D and L that are out of action. They have black covers on them.

Cheers - any idea what numbers these seats are?

Pdoghue wrote: »
    Cheers - any idea what numbers these seats are?

I think somewhere around 106-107 in Block D
    and 140-141 in Block L

But I'm not really sure on that. I believe these to be the centre numbers if my match is correct.

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭mrk75

Veloce wrote: »
    What are your standout songs of the tour / last night?

For me:
    Joey Ramone - this opening song is just fantastic.
    Zooropa (not the full song, but I like the version after it follows Bullet)
    Gloria (Played in London 3, my god the place went wild)
    New Years Day (London again), played a total of 3 times so far I think on this tour.
    Electric Co (particularly good in Belfast 2)
    People have the power w/ Patti Smith - played in London 3
    Bad/40. Saw this in Belfast 2 and Dublin 2.

It took a while, but after hearing Invisible again last night, I really like the live version. very powerful as the song pushes on.

Would have loved if they played The Crystal Ballroom.

Hard to argue. Invisible is a real grower - cracking tune. I quite like Bono's little hand jive to the "there is no them, there's only us..." bit towards the end and Larry turning to wave at the crowd.

Bad/40 is just superb, Zooropa really nice, October a pleasure to finally hear.

Gloria was amazing in Glasgow as was WOWY with the "...shine like stars" bit.

Was Out of Control at Belfast 2? Superb!

I Will Follow is always great. I think Bullet.. has been superb as well. Like the way Bono turns it upon himself, imagining his younger self giving out to him about his money and his private planes...

We could go on and on. Angel.. gets the crowd going every time and Mysterious Ways is hard to beat for a bit of "dad dancing".... :) I like the snippet from Bowie's Fashion at the start of that too.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Bohsman74

I have tickets for a few rows from the back for Section L, 3rd and 4th seats in on Edge's side if you like.
    Will the view of the screen, or the band even, be restricted? It does say 'limited screen view' on tickets; don't want to be sitting there disappointed for the whole show.

Bohsman74 wrote: »
    I have tickets for a few rows from the back for Section L, 3rd and 4th seats in on Edge's side if you like.
    Will the view of the screen, or the band even, be restricted? It does say 'limited screen view' on tickets; don't want to be sitting there disappointed for the whole show.

Yep, your view of the main screen is quite limited. You are pretty much side on to it. There is a smaller screen above which will be of some use.

And there will be times when the screen is dropped right down where it is hard to see what's going on.

It does take a bit away from the impact of the show but it's still brilliant.

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭JohnDx

Has anyone got 2 tickets for Friday nights show? I wanna go.

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭mrk75

JohnDx wrote: »
    Has anyone got 2 tickets for Friday nights show? I wanna go.

Keep trying Ticketmaster. There may be another batch made available.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4 Bohsman74

lambayire wrote: »
    Yep, your view of the main screen is quite limited. You are pretty much side on to it. There is a smaller screen above which will be of some use.

And there will be times when the screen is dropped right down where it is hard to see what's going on.

It does take a bit away from the impact of the show but it's still brilliant.

I saw them in Glasgow (standing) and it was superb. Going with wife this time and worries sightlines will be limited. Can you see the main stage and e stage ok though, ie the band?

mrk75 wrote: »
    .Was Out of Control at Belfast 2? Superb!

It was indeed! Great tune. I think I've managed to hear all the 'rotated' track number 2 on the setlist!

1) Out of Control
    2) Electric Co
    3) Gloria

• Registered Users Posts: 391 ✭✭starWave

Is the merchandise stall open after the show?
    I'm one of those idiots who'll drop a hundred on t - shirts before the gig and spend the rest of the night trying not to lose the bag.
    Considering I'm in GA for Saturday, I'm also wondering if I can purchase before and collect after.
    Any info? ..First World problem, I know.

The merch stalls were open after. I had to to go to two stalls because what I wanted was sold out at the first one.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,906 ✭✭✭✭FixdePitchmark

If you were to put a % on it - what % chance will tickets for Saturday come up ? and when lads -

any tickets going pm - I'll give a fair price.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭tritriagain

going sat night standing. have already seen show twice in glasgow. once seated once standing. just amazing show. my sister went with her husband on mon night and was only going for his sake but she thought it was fantastic. her second time seeing them, first waz zoo tv, and she said that they are the only band she has seen live who sound better than on their records. getting excited now . will be my 15th time seeing them but they just get better every time. holding back tears many times in glasgow . pure emotion. bought my 1st u2 recor when i was 11 and they really do provide the soundtrack to my life. hope everyone enjoys the gigs . walk on.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,797 ✭✭✭✭hatrickpatrick

Ticketmaster are an absolute joke with their stringent anti-touting policies forcing families to sit apart and order on separate cards, while facilitating utterly outrageous price gouging on their own partner Seatwave.

Absolute scumbags IMO. They allege that they have no control over it but that's bullsh!t and they know it, all they'd have to do is disallow tickets from being sold on Seatwave for anything above face value.

I actually respected their anti-tout campaign until I discovered this. €800 for one ticket? Absolute joke.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

I discovered Patti Smiths "people have the power" last night :) awesome tune.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭UsedToWait

Think I'm going to be dreaming of Captchas for the next month - have been trying on Ticketmaster website for the last week to get a ticket for any night, but no joy...

It'll be a killer to miss seeing them - still, will try again tomorrow and pray my luck changes..

UsedToWait wrote: »
    Think I'm going to be dreaming of Captchas for the next month - have been trying on Ticketmaster website for the last week to get a ticket for any night, but no joy...

It'll be a killer to miss seeing them - still, will try again tomorrow and pray my luck changes..

Oh Snap! To be honest they are better than the pictures ! "Please choose all terracotta bungalows with double glazed windows from the pictures below". Hadnt a clue half the time!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,797 ✭✭✭✭hatrickpatrick

Oh Snap! To be honest they are better than the pictures ! "Please choose all terracotta bungalows with double glazed windows from the pictures below". Hadnt a clue half the time!

At least it's better than the "Select all photos of soup" ones which manage to make one ravenous even just an hour after eating lunch :p

Advertisement