Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

U2 Innocence & Experience Tour 2015 (Dublin and Belfast gigs confirmed, post #275)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,905 ✭✭✭✭FixdePitchmark

Ticketmaster are an absolute joke with their stringent anti-touting policies forcing families to sit apart and order on separate cards, while facilitating utterly outrageous price gouging on their own partner Seatwave.

Absolute scumbags IMO. They allege that they have no control over it but that's bullsh!t and they know it, all they'd have to do is disallow tickets from being sold on Seatwave for anything above face value.

I actually respected their anti-tout campaign until I discovered this. €800 for one ticket? Absolute joke.

Disappointed with U2 on this front.

Hopefully never used again - unless a long term contract ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭tritriagain

Think live nation always use ticketmaster (mores the pity). On another topic why do people go to a concert and spend the whole concert looking through their phone. Put the f@#king phone dow n and enjoy the concert or stay at home and watch YouTube. I'm 6" 5 so doesn't really effect me but if I wasn't so tall I'd be very pissed off at looking at back of phones all night. Put the phones down, live in the moment and enjoy the concerts. They really are special.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,330 ✭✭✭readytosnap

Think live nation always use ticketmaster (mores the pity). On another topic why do people go to a concert and spend the whole concert looking through their phone. Put the f@#king phone dow n and enjoy the concert or stay at home and watch YouTube. I'm 6" 5 so doesn't really effect me but if I wasn't so tall I'd be very pissed off at looking at back of phones all night. Put the phones down, live in the moment and enjoy the concerts. They really are special.

So you're the stretch who was blocking my view? I couldn't film anything on my phone.

So you're the stretch who was blocking my view? I couldn't film anything on my phone.

Was waiting for that. Bring a selfie stick next time you'll be able to see over me then

• Registered Users Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

Major bugbear of mine is this selfish imbecilic behaviour.
    Fair enough take a few pictures and maybe video a few songs but this nonsense of sticking your phone way up in the air and just leaving it there for ages is unacceptable.

I wouldn't mind if they had decent cameras but most of them are cheap crap smart phone cameras.

Twice last night I just grabbed a couple of these pricks arms and pulled it down and told them to give it a rest m8 ,people came to watch the show not your arm .
    Seemed to do the trick nicely .
    Think live nation always use ticketmaster (mores the pity).

They are the same company now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭irishgirl19

Brilliant show. Gonna chance my arm getting tickets at the venue on the weekend

Major bugbear of mine is this selfish imbecilic behaviour.
    Fair enough take a few pictures and maybe video a few songs but this nonsense of sticking your phone way up in the air and just leaving it there for ages is unacceptable.

I wouldn't mind if they had decent cameras but most of them are cheap crap smart phone cameras.

Twice last night I just grabbed a couple of these pricks arms and pulled it down and told them to give it a rest m8 ,people came to watch the show not your arm .
    Seemed to do the trick nicely .

They are the same company now.

Reminds me of croke park 360 some drunken idiot kept swinging a jacket around his head eventually caught the girl beside me on the side of the head so caught his arm and told him no matter what bono was preaching about love and peace from the stage I'd thump the ****e out of him if he did it again. He only hung around for a couple of mins and the went off to annoy someone else. Most people are good but there is always one or two arseholes.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭Thundercats Ho

lambayire wrote: »
    I think somewhere around 106-107 in Block D
    and 140-141 in Block L

But I'm not really sure on that. I believe these to be the centre numbers if my match is correct.

I'm 104/105 in section D. Would the view be worse the closer you get to the 'covered' seats?
    I'm not too bothered either way, just curious.

Using Done Deal - tickets go up , you send a message - no answer back,

I think they are getting so many replies , they can't reply.

ONe guy wanted a sort of fan mail begging card to get ticket :eek:

Not sure if Done Deal procedure is worse than Ticketmaster.

Using Done Deal - tickets go up , you send a message - no answer back,

I think they are getting so many replies , they can't reply.

ONe guy wanted a sort of fan mail begging card to get ticket :eek:

Not sure if Done Deal procedure is worse than Ticketmaster.

The hype about these Dublin gigs is ridiculous.
    Everyone seems to be buying into it ,every paper is full of stories plugging the gigs ,its the event of the year.
    Every journalist is in their pocket it seems.
    See the show in U2's hometown ,where the crowds are the best.

Well from what I saw and heard last night ,the crowd were very young and were pretty flat especially for the first half of the gig.
    I think alot of them had bought tickets just to say they were there instead of actually being fans.

Its a good concert but its not worth anywhere near the amount of money people are willing to spend.
    I've seen much better gigs this year for a fraction of the money people are spending.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,330 ✭✭✭readytosnap

They hype about these Dublin gigs is ridiculous.
    Everyone seems to be buying into it ,every paper is full of stories plugging the gigs ,its the event of the year.

Its a good concert but its not worth anywhere near the amount of money people are willing to spend.
    I've seen much better gigs this year for a fraction of the money people are spending.

I have to ask, what gigs?

I have to ask, what gigs?

Off hand probably Chic in the Marquee where I picked up a ticket for 20 euro and Neil Diamond in the 3Arena where I picked up a ticket for 40 euro ,I enjoyed more.

Don't get me wrong ,I'm not saying the U2 concerts are poor ,they are good but they are overhyped,there not worth the mad money people are spending ,200-500 notes a ticket.
    I spent 77 euro for my standing ticket and I thoroughly enjoyed last nights gig but would I pay much more ,probably no.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,611 ✭✭✭david75

They played a show tonight to a private / invited audience?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,397 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Well from what I saw and heard last night ,the crowd were very young
    Of all things to call that crowd, young was not one of them. I'm early 30's and felt like one of the youngest

Shedite27 wrote: »
    Of all things to call that crowd, young was not one of them. I'm early 30's and felt like one of the youngest

I'd have said most of the people I saw were in their 30's and younger ,not many over 40 .

Anyway my thoughts on the show.
    It was great to see the band indoors and up close instead of in a stadium.
    The last time I saw them indoors was in Manchester in 2001.

The sound last night was good,the screen is superb and they use it to great effect .

I felt the first half of the show was a bit flat ,the new songs don't work well live and the crowd were flat too as a result.

However once the band moved to the e stage for the second half of the show ,it shifted up a few gears.
    They played 10 songs on the e stage and they were the highlight of the show ,you could feel the crowds energy rise as they performed in the round.

I think that they could play the whole gig from the e stage in the 3arena,there's no need for the main stage in an arena like Dublin due to its design.
    If they played the whole gig from there it would have been truly epic .

The band were on stage for 2 hours twenty minutes which flew by and it was nice that they have lengthened their gigs on this tour.
    I liked the intro song by Patti Smith and it was cool to see the band walking in from the back of the arena ,goosebumps and hair standing up on the back of the neck sort of stuff.

So to sum up the second half of the show was brilliant but the first half was only average .
    Looking forward to Saturday night now.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,992 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

david75 wrote: »
    They played a show tonight to a private / invited audience?

Egg squeeze me :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭but1er

Row 32 seat 106/107 block d

Please god its an upgrade, tried looking at a seating map with the seat numbers impossible to work out

Seve OB wrote: »
    Egg squeeze me :eek:

To be honest, was thinking - Bono could do with the 2 nights off.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭Veloce

Some of pictures attached. From last night Dublin 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭Veloce

Dcully wrote: »
    I discovered Patti Smiths "people have the power" last night :) awesome tune.

Check out the live version from the London no.3 gig (October 29th). I was there!

• Advertisement

Did anyone have any hassle getting into the box office last night ?
    There was a crotchety old couple of staff on the door basically treating people like dirt and blocking them entry .

I've never encountered such unprofessionalism in all my days of going to gigs ,I nearly lost the rag with the old guy ,he simply wouldnt let me in to collect my tickets ,kept on telling me to go to the standing entrance even though I had to collect 2 tickets.Thick as a plank .

In the end I had to wait for my wife to arrive and she went in and just handed them my email confirmation and the guy gave her the tickets ,no id asked for nothing .
    Such a professional outfit.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭Pepp1989

Getting really excited now for this on Friday! Can anyone tell me what around row 27 Block D is like? Would be grateful of a heads up so I can manage my own expectations and not be disappointed.

Also, for seated tickets, is arriving at 19.30 plenty of time?

Finally, I have physical tickets in my own name but the credit card I used to buy the tickets was lost and re-issued with a new card number....will I have a problem with this?

Thanks!:)

Pepp1989 wrote: »
    Getting really excited now for this on Friday! Can anyone tell me what around row 27 Block D is like? Would be grateful of a heads up so I can manage my own expectations and not be disappointed.

Also, for seated tickets, is arriving at 19.30 plenty of time?

Finally, I have physical tickets in my own name but the credit card I used to buy the tickets was lost and re-issued with a new card number....will I have a problem with this?

Thanks!:)

You only need a credit card for standing so you are fine.

7.30 is plenty of time,they start just after 8.30.

The hype about these Dublin gigs is ridiculous.
    Every journalist is in their pocket it seems.
    See the show in U2's hometown ,where the crowds are the best.

Well from what I saw and heard last night ,the crowd were very young and were pretty flat especially for the first half of the gig.
    I think alot of them had bought tickets just to say they were there instead of actually being fans.

The hype is justified.

They are playing indoors as you said it yourself.

They are getting older.

Young people into music , should go and see U2 in Dublin as we did.

We are genuinely all looking at this as a new stage. (will they all be around and be up to it at all, for much longer - I doubt it listen to them)

They are playing in Dublin.

The Album is about growing up in Dublin

The new album is actually very very good.

Every music reviewer have genuinely been impressed.

The show is very very good and groundbreaking.

The last time U2 played Dublin, 240,000 + went. The 3 Arena was going to create a panic / hype.

So - maybe the other gigs you went to were great - but U2 in Dublin, not sure there is any real reference to that to make a comparison.

Particularly Neil Diamond at 74.

The hype is justified.

They are playing indoors as you said it yourself.

They are getting older.

Young people into music , should go and see U2 in Dublin as we did.

We are genuinely all looking at this as a new stage. (will they all be around and be up to it at all, for much longer - I doubt it listen to them)

They are playing in Dublin.

The Album is about growing up in Dublin

The new album is actually very very good.

Every music reviewer have genuinely been impressed.

The show is very very good and groundbreaking.

The last time U2 played Dublin, 240,000 + went. The 3 Arena was going to create a panic / hype.

So - maybe the other gigs you went to were great - but U2 in Dublin, not sure there is any real reference to that to make a comparison.

Particularly Neil Diamond at 74.

I notice that you keep referring to U2 and Dublin in that post and that is the whole point I was highlighting.

U2 are a professional outfit ,they will put on a good show, irrespective of whether they are playing in Timbuktu or Dublin.

Just because its Dublin doesnt necessarily make the shows any better .
    Its nonsense to think that the Dublin shows will be somehow better than the ones in London or Belfast ,yet people keep on buying into the myth .
    The setlists on this tour are fairly rigid and the shows are heavily choreographed,not much is improvised .

Will the band make many setlist changes ,unlikely ,it will essentially be the same show as in any other city ,the only thing you may say is different is the Irish crowd .
    However, the problem now is that so many people believe that the Dublin gigs will be better that everyone wants to go to them and what you end up with is a flat crowd like last night ,alot of the people in the seats wouldnt even stand up ,they were just sitting there and the crowd in general were flat .

What I'm saying is if people cant get a ticket for Dublin,dont spend mad money ,aka 400-500 euro on a ticket.
    Go see them somewhere else and make a holiday out of it.

Btw I repeatedly told people on this thread that Ticketmaster would dump tickets the week of the gig and that has what has transpired,if you regularly check TM you have a good chance of getting a ticket at face value.
    Standing tickets were available online most of yesterday.

Do agree - that the 500 euro thing is nuts.

But there are no more gigs .

Do agree - that the 500 euro thing is nuts.

But there are no more gigs .

They are playing two more gigs in Paris next month and tickets were available yesterday.
    Also strong rumours that the band will continue the indoor tour in Europe next spring.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,416 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

they are Irelands biggest ever music export and will be for some years to come. a lot of foreign fans have come for the gigs

the last time there was as much as a hype about a gig was the ill fated garth brooks gigs last year but being ireland we fecked it up and cost the economy millions.

u2 will either play slane or Croke Park next.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,797 ✭✭✭✭hatrickpatrick

It's not about U2 playing better in Dublin, it's about the energy that comes from the crowd when the band play in their home town.

• Advertisement

It's not about U2 playing better in Dublin, it's about the energy that comes from the crowd when the band play in their home town.

Don't know if that's true. Have seen u2 in Glasgow London and Barcelona over the years and have to say noticed no real difference in crowd energy. Slane 2 maybe had a special feeling which we was probably down to football result and the fact that people thought the concert might be cancelled due to Bob hewsons death. Have to say don't think an Irish gig is any more special but roll on sat night

Advertisement