Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

U2 Innocence & Experience Tour 2015 (Dublin and Belfast gigs confirmed, post #275)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 702 ✭✭✭RolandGoose

This way of selling tickets is great!

Surely all the fans on here are sorted now!

Hopefully there is a good atmosphere tomorrow and Saturday. The crowd on Monday were lousy were I was, they wouldn't even clap after a song! It led to a poor atmosphere for me! I'll burrow myself among the fans over the weekend!

Wahoooooooo!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭innuendo141

Eddie Ere wrote: »
    2 got for Friday. Keep trying folks, they're there. Got on a laptop
    psychozeb wrote: »
    Got Saturday standing so no more restricted view for me now.roll on the weekend.

Same!

Seriously thanks to everyone on the board for advice. First time I'd ever kept trying after a gig had sold out and wouldn't have only for a lot of people here.

Here's to a great weekend.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 97 ✭✭gammy_knees

This way of selling tickets is great!

Surely all the fans on here are sorted now!

Hopefully there is a good atmosphere tomorrow and Saturday. The crowd on Monday were lousy were I was, they wouldn't even clap after a song! It led to a poor atmosphere for me! I'll burrow myself among the fans over the weekend!

Wahoooooooo!!!!!
    Roland, you're quite correct. I had quite a similar experience also on mon where I was. It was in the "to be seen area" I felt. I got caught for the full price €190 ticket, ouch. Roll on standing area!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭KillerShamrock

Just got 2 GA standing on Saturday on TM for €70 each. nice!!!

Even better I have friends from 3 other countries coming over for the sat gig meaning my weekend is sorted!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

Great to see so many got sorted on here.
    Enjoy the show folks!
    Soak it up and smile, sing, jump, put your hands in the air like you just don't care...
    ah, just enjoy it :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭but1er

The computer is the only way lads

• Registered Users Posts: 623 ✭✭✭NeitherJohn

Lads. What a thread.

Just got a ticket for myself on one go.

Tried again for my two die hard friends on the second go. Awesome.

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭musicmania

Standing still available for Friday. Going Saturday but so tempted!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 823 ✭✭✭q2xv9rjei4awgb

Wonder whose idea this was to keep tickets back....The band maybe?

I know they are very hands on with ticket prices, allocation etc for their tours. Certainly not ticketmaster's idea anyways.

Absolutely delighted with this. Had no money when they first went on sale and now, after tomorrow, I'll have seen 2 dates out of the 4. A very happy hardcore fan :)

Now, if they'll just play Electric Co. tomorrow.....

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭derek214

Yep fairplay to everyone for the alerts & heads-up!!....after a long frustrating week & morning of trying I had given up for the day until I saw the boards update. Got 2 GA standing for Sat!!

Agree with others, App & Mobile site doesn't seem to be showing tickets as frequently. Web/computer version is the way to go!
    I assume this is ticketmasters way of combating the touts??.... One of my captcha's was "do you believe in miracles" YES!, NOW I DO :)

Roll on Sat!! :D

• Advertisement

Thank you boards.ie and the mods and posters

This has been a fantastic buzz and build and the help from everyone is amazing

• Registered Users Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭innuendo141

OLÉ, OLÉ OLÉ OLÉ!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,816 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

OLÉ, OLÉ OLÉ OLÉ!!!!!

Superb. Everyone loves that.

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭Kettle316

I can't even tell you the tension I've been feeling all week trying to get tickets and always narrowly missing out. I couldn't be in a better mood after getting one a few minutes ago.

First U2 gig and the build up couldn't been more dramatic :D

I hear The Church up near the Jervis center are doing a U2 theme for the day, any other pubs around town doing anything similar?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,466 ✭✭✭✭cson

Same!

Seriously thanks to everyone on the board for advice. First time I'd ever kept trying after a gig had sold out and wouldn't have only for a lot of people here.

Here's to a great weekend.

Just as an FYI to yourself and others who read this - ticketbastard regularly do this; "sell out" gigs to generate hype and then release further tickets later on. Even this month I bought an Imagine Dragons ticket 2 days beforehand despite it showing as sold out for over a month. Also EP camping tix magically appeared again 2 days before the event.

Never give up!

cson wrote: »
    Just as an FYI to yourself and others who read this - ticketbastard regularly do this; "sell out" gigs to generate hype and then release further tickets later on. Even this month I bought an Imagine Dragons ticket 2 days beforehand despite it showing as sold out for over a month. Also EP camping tix magically appeared again 2 days before the event.

Never give up!

The more gigs ive gone to the less stress I get due to more always been available last minute

• Registered Users Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

but1er wrote: »
    The more gigs ive gone to the less stress I get due to more always been available last minute

And the best seats are often picked up last minute too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,934 ✭✭✭AdpRo

Finally got 2 tickets this afternoon for tomorrow night after trying all week........delighted, can't wait for it now!

Any advice on where to stand taking into account I probably won't get there until 8.15ish as working late, will it be jammers in GA or will I be ok to get somewhere decent to stand?

• Registered Users Posts: 744 ✭✭✭Messi19

In block E row 26 seat 127 tomorrow. Anyone know what the view will be like? Cant bloody wait!

Messi19 wrote: »
    In block E row 26 seat 127 tomorrow. Anyone know what the view will be like? Cant bloody wait!

It should be an excellent view .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 744 ✭✭✭Messi19

It should be an excellent view .

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 20,905 ✭✭✭✭FixdePitchmark

And the best seats are often picked up last minute too.

Was working all evening - will tickets still come on at this time lads ?

• Registered Users Posts: 38,416 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

GetFileAttachment?id=AQMkADAwATYwMAItOTUwYi1kOGIwLTAwAi0wMAoARgAAA3j1IlX%2FcNxNhjh0enH%2BWxQHALHsAeNCdU5FsVqCVSE3FFwAAAIBCQAAALHsAeNCdU5FsVqCVSE3FFwAAAATma6tAAAAARIAEADf0agJrrUaQJaYR2sri8iY&isImagePreview=True&X-OWA-CANARY=Zyjy9bpa7E2hB6ZmK4g2wdDj7i2P9tIY2YoF5gjptW_QRSq-ZamYUx3JeE7CjcOcrS3rU6NpxNs.&token=a8d9a8c0-fe7e-47a7-9e07-53930e57dd72

Block G Row 21.

A few pics I took Tuesday night

IMG_0554.jpg

IMG_0556.jpg

PTH2009 wrote: »
    GetFileAttachment?id=AQMkADAwATYwMAItOTUwYi1kOGIwLTAwAi0wMAoARgAAA3j1IlX%2FcNxNhjh0enH%2BWxQHALHsAeNCdU5FsVqCVSE3FFwAAAIBCQAAALHsAeNCdU5FsVqCVSE3FFwAAAATma6tAAAAARIAEADf0agJrrUaQJaYR2sri8iY&isImagePreview=True&X-OWA-CANARY=Zyjy9bpa7E2hB6ZmK4g2wdDj7i2P9tIY2YoF5gjptW_QRSq-ZamYUx3JeE7CjcOcrS3rU6NpxNs.&token=a8d9a8c0-fe7e-47a7-9e07-53930e57dd72

Block G Row 21.

Did you get that ticket now ?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,797 ✭✭✭✭hatrickpatrick

Sorted for Saturday! :D

Anyone else find it odd that they're selling tickets with an almost completely obstructed view, the seats in the middle high block directly behind the screen? Back in 2009 when they played Croker, there was a whole block of the Davin Stand which was closed, because the mixing desk was directly between those seats and the stage.

Presumably this is just because the demand is so ridiculously high this time around and people are cool with seeing the band even with a very obstructed view? Just found it odd since at both previous U2 tours I was at (stadium gigs) they fenced off those seats and covered them with tarps, so as nobody would sit there, because of the stuff on the pitch which would block the view.

Anyone else find it odd that they're selling tickets with an almost completely obstructed view, the seats in the middle high block directly behind the screen? Back in 2009 when they played Croker, there was a whole block of the Davin Stand which was closed, because the mixing desk was directly between those seats and the stage.

Presumably this is just because the demand is so ridiculously high this time around and people are cool with seeing the band even with a very obstructed view? Just found it odd since at both previous U2 tours I was at (stadium gigs) they fenced off those seats and covered them with tarps, so as nobody would sit there, because of the stuff on the pitch which would block the view.

I've had a nightmare all day.

No joy and seems to have been away just when they came up.

Can I ask - is it worth it now as is past normal working hours for Ticketmasturbator ?

Or can anyone help at this stage ?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,026 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

All down to money. If someone will pay to sit in a restricted view seat, they'll happily take the extra few quid.

You're right though, even at the low end of the price scale (which is still not cheap), it's not good to see that they sold those tickets. They should have held them up until the very end and sold them highlighting the view issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,582 ✭✭✭Swashbuckler

Managed to get Friday standing! Delighted. It says standing but there are seat row and seat numbers on the ticket which confuses me a bit??

• Advertisement

Managed to get Friday standing! Delighted. It says standing but there are seat row and seat numbers on the ticket which confuses me a bit??

Lads - is anyone getting these tickets NOW on TM ?

Advertisement