Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

U2 Innocence & Experience Tour 2015 (Dublin and Belfast gigs confirmed, post #275)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 154 ✭✭ArtOfEscape

Irish Aris wrote: »
    is there anyway I can tell from the email confirmation, which side I need to enter the venue?
    I am looking at both the email confirmation and the order in ticketmaster and can't find any reference on which standing section I am in.

Or do I just pick whichever I want?
    The standing entrances are 1 and 3, and you can pick whichever you want! My friend, who booked our tickets, said she did find "GA3" somewhere on the tickets, but it doesn't actually matter for swiping your card.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭innuendo141

I must say lads, only a recent U2 fan. I always liked their stuff (like everyone else) but that new album is something else. Flippin love it. Been listening non stop now to the older albums I'd never heard and going through a major music journey. Feel like I've wasted many years.

Watched the 360 Rosebowl show last night and was blown away. Never liked the Horizon stuff but now a fan, Magnificent being the highlight for me.

I can not wait to see this band tomorrow night!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭johnpatrick81

In fairness I agree with the overhyped comment.

Personally I'm so frikking excited, but I'd not have paid over €100 for a ticket. Especially as I have seen the show in Amsterdam already.

People are coming from all over the world, spending massive money, to be there. Just cos it is Dublin.

Fair enough if it was the last show ever(I guess if Paris hadn't been rescheduled, there was a small chance of this being the case :D ). But these people have seen the show already. The way its setup, it does not allow for much to change. Bar the odd rarity we will most likely see 95% exactly the same show everyone else has.

There is no way that is worth spending thousands on.

But yes, people will do what they want with their money.

Now I hope U2 prove me wrong, play for 3.5 hours, with Acrobat, Wire, One Tree Hill, Mofo, Please, and a whole host of other rarities played :P

• Registered Users Posts: 3 dominic_b

Just got two seated tickets for tomorrow night after 2 hours of trying!
    Thanks everyone for the updates.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,386 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

is there anyway I can tell from the email confirmation, which side I need to enter the venue?
    I am looking at both the email confirmation and the order in ticketmaster and can't find any reference on which standing section I am in.

Entrance 1 or 3, 2 is for seated

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 419 ✭✭Pandiani

For anyone wondering about queues I arrived at the venue at 6.20 Tuesday night and the lines were huge at that stage so went for a pint in Harrys Bar(downstairs bar near entrance 3), came out 6.50 no queue at all and still could stand pretty much where you liked(apart from at the barriers).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,929 ✭✭✭✭FixdePitchmark

Again - was away , knew I would be

Thanks to all the kind pms and offers.

I'm going to try for next 3 hours and will get back to ye if stuck.

SOund bunch here .

U2 fans - we are great.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 823 ✭✭✭q2xv9rjei4awgb

Any suggestions on where to go for a pint or two before hand?

Was at Tuesday's gig and the city was pretty **** before hand. Any pub I went into, there was some moron playing guitar, thinking he was Ed Sheeran

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭poundhound

Some of my photo's from 3Arena Night 1.
    (Block H Row 33)
    Enjoy...

A611A1371BF84414B62CC9BBC98EC26A-0000360871-0003819636-00800L-6AF7226BB4A141F99FB7AE7AD59C2184.jpg

9B441C4A2BE04CCE946EA5E2C3B7E942-0000360871-0003819638-00800L-E04066A90E7D48DAB9C486B2958D4DAC.jpg

48F467246CEE4F5D9F415678FE08C980-0000360871-0003819641-00800L-BACE3046FE5A43238D372645A220DD3A.jpg

B5DAFF2DD87642289E12F598BA7EF094-0000360871-0003819642-00800L-AF85B66DC29844C094162959F2EFEA94.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 8,939 ✭✭✭20Cent

bclar12 wrote: »

Was at Tuesday's gig and the city was pretty **** before hand. Any pub I went into, there was some moron playing guitar, thinking he was Ed Sheeran

The Ferryman Cardiff st. You can cross the bridge and walk to arena in 15 mins. Had a pint there after the show on Monday as well.

• Advertisement

bclar12 wrote: »

Mulligans Poolbeg Street then walk to the ferryman

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭iSeano90

poundhound wrote: »
    Some of my photo's from 3Arena Night 1.
    (Block H Row 33)
    Enjoy...

A611A1371BF84414B62CC9BBC98EC26A-0000360871-0003819636-00800L-6AF7226BB4A141F99FB7AE7AD59C2184.jpg

9B441C4A2BE04CCE946EA5E2C3B7E942-0000360871-0003819638-00800L-E04066A90E7D48DAB9C486B2958D4DAC.jpg

48F467246CEE4F5D9F415678FE08C980-0000360871-0003819641-00800L-BACE3046FE5A43238D372645A220DD3A.jpg

B5DAFF2DD87642289E12F598BA7EF094-0000360871-0003819642-00800L-AF85B66DC29844C094162959F2EFEA94.jpg

Nice photos! Did they let you bring in a camera? Any issues ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,330 ✭✭✭readytosnap

Just listen for eejit with the megaphone screaming every 5 seconds "standing tickets enter here" the same side as the Jerry Lee stop.

Got class tickets - B lower seating.

Just now, where there is will there is way - where there is "a higher law" there is "a higher law".

Thanks lads for all the help and pms from all.

U2 - indoors - down the road - last night.

Now Paul - sing easy tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 496 ✭✭Pinkman

How are people still getting tickets? I've been trying all morning.:confused:

Pinkman wrote: »
    How are people still getting tickets? I've been trying all morning.:confused:

keep going for 2 hours I'd say.

My head is spinning - take breaks , walk away , close it reopen - total torture.

Then after all that , like Willy Wonka , you pay nearly 400 quid and feel lucky (for 2) :eek::eek::D:D

I hate Ticketmaster (sorry in case they sell my ticket again to a tout aka Ticketmaster)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,050 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

Benbecul97 wrote: »
    Looks like you are buying! into the hype!!

I bought into "The Hype" when I became a fan :D
    keep going for 2 hours I'd say.

My head is spinning - take breaks , walk away , close it reopen - total torture.

Then after all that , like Willy Wonka , you pay nearly 400 quid and feel lucky (for 2) :eek::eek::D:D

I hate Ticketmaster (sorry in case they sell my ticket again to a tout aka Ticketmaster)

delighted you got a ticket.
    meet you for a pint before?

ZV Yoda wrote: »
    In particular, the sound for Invisible was appalling - I thought it was meant to be a recording of a crackly radio broadcast until I saw the band lit up behind the screen to reveal they were actually playing it live.

Funny. I saw the show in London and thought exactly the same, not that the sound was bad, but that Invisible was actually a recording and not live.

Have to say, as a song, it is really amazing. I love it, up there with the best of them. Not heard it to much due to not being on any album on my iPod but have to download it now!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭johnpatrick81

Invisible is actually an "invisible" track (uh huh! :P ) on the deluxe version of Songs of Innocence.

I agree it's totally out of place in the show though. I get Bono likes the theme and idea behind the song (there is no them, only us), and wants to hammer it into us, but it's just not a good enough song to make it into their show IMO.

It's also suffering from the fact that like you say, people don't even notice it's actually being played live as it just seems like an extension of the interval.

It does finish strongly though and is cool when the whole band are "revealed".

But yes, gimme about 30 or more U2 songs ahead of it live please.

Invisible is actually an "invisible" track (uh huh! :P ) on the deluxe version of Songs of Innocence.

I agree it's totally out of place in the show though. I get Bono likes the theme and idea behind the song (there is no them, only us), and wants to hammer it into us, but it's just not a good enough song to make it into their show IMO.

It's also suffering from the fact that like you say, people don't even notice it's actually being played live as it just seems like an extension of the interval.

It does finish strongly though and is cool when the whole band are "revealed".

But yes, gimme about 30 or more U2 songs ahead of it live please.

I know it's an invisible track. Pretty sure I played it a few times alright..... Except can't find it now!

Could have swore I got the deluxe version, the one with the the second cd in it? I probably have a couple of versions though knowing me and am playing the wrong one!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 716 ✭✭✭RolandGoose

Invisible was brutal in London due to a very bad sound mix! It sounded a lot better in Dublin on Monday, mind you some jar heads still didn't recognise it was them.

On the flip side I think people thought the fly remix was live, haha!

Some songs suffer live as U2 push the DB limit. There was a few notable examples of this in London, city of blinding lightts, bad and invisible mostly!

Here's hoping for a good performance tonight!

Enjoy everybody!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Maggiemay12

Just bought 2 standing for tomorrow night

I know this sounds more like a Killers track - you can definelty hear the influence of some of the different producers on the album .

This is a sort of nothing song on Album - but it is a grower (IMO)

But feck it - I liked The Killers.

It is the sort of track when you listen to album again and again grows on you - but maybe that is the reality of just listening to it again and again - but interesting.

Just bought 2 standing for tomorrow night
    ON TM ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭but1er

Anyone in block d let us know what the seat numbers are that get upgraded??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 988 ✭✭✭Benbecul97

but1er wrote: »
    Anyone in block d let us know what the seat numbers are that get upgraded??

The answer is a few pages back! 104-109 as far as I can remember

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Maggiemay12

ON TM ?
    hi yes on TM but had literally sat on TM website since 1:30pm today hitting refresh every minute.my friend tried 5 mins later and she couldnt get any..keep trying if you are still looking for tickets and tomorrow morning too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭comet

What pub will be U2 central tomorrow?

Im like a giddy school kid

• Advertisement

Loving that the actual U2 fans here are managing to pick up tickets

Advertisement