Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

U2 Innocence & Experience Tour 2015 (Dublin and Belfast gigs confirmed, post #275)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 558 ✭✭✭deeks

Ian Dempsey hinting on the radio this morning that they'll be playing the 3 Arena in November.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,069 ✭✭✭Irish Aris

deeks wrote: »
    Ian Dempsey hinting on the radio this morning that they'll be playing the 3 Arena in November.

Theoritically it could happen.
    Last date is Paris on the 15th of November, the 3Arena is free between 21st and 28th of November.

I will be delighted if it happens, although I won't hold my breath. . .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,062 ✭✭✭secondrowgal

Irish Aris wrote: »
    Last date is Paris on the 15th of November, the 3Arena is free between 21st and 28th of November.

I'd be delighted but bloody annoyed! It's less than 3 months away and lots of folk (i.e. me!!!) have our bloody work calendars and work travel booked up in that timeframe. If they play here and I miss it because of a work trip, I'll be having words! :mad::P

• Registered Users Posts: 38,416 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Irish Aris wrote: »

Getting a bit ridiculous now with all the speculation.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,069 ✭✭✭Irish Aris

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Getting a bit ridiculous now with all the speculation.

true, that's why i said theoritically. . .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭notahappycamper

I reckon they're still trying to figure out how to do a show in the 3 Arena. Reckon end of December if at all this year and as a previous poster said they'd need to announce mid-late September at the very latest.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,992 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

just on 2fm. looks like November and a toned down gig

Seve OB wrote: »
    just on 2fm. looks like November and a toned down gig
    prices should reflect that its a toned down show but it wont. prob be about E200 for a seated ticket and fools like me will pay that :).

It will be the like the All Ireland final of concerts in which genuine fans will sturggle to get tickets and a lot of people will be there just to say they were there and have little intrest in the show

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭lambayire

They just have to use a ticketing system where the card that bought the ticket, must be used to gain entrance to the venue.

lambayire wrote: »
    They just have to use a ticketing system where the card that bought the ticket, must be used to gain entrance to the venue.

not fair for many reasons

• Advertisement

not fair for many reasons

I'm all ears on reasons.

I've used it once at the 3Arena and it worked a treat. Not a tout in sight.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,230 ✭✭✭Greg81

There is #U2IETour 3 days countdown info on U2 Facebook page.

Greg81 wrote: »
    There is #U2IETour 3 days countdown info on U2 Facebook page.

Doesn't mean a thing for us Irish fans the Europe part of the IE tour starts on the 4th

• Registered Users Posts: 1,230 ✭✭✭Greg81

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Doesn't mean a thing for us Irish fans the Europe part of the IE tour starts on the 4th

I think in 3 days they will announce Irish Tour.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,050 ✭✭✭OU812

Sigh... Despite me saying I'm not going to go, I know I am...

• Registered Users Posts: 12,816 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

OU812 wrote: »
    Sigh... Despite me saying I'm not going to go, I know I am...

Listen to the new album. It'll make you not go.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭johnpatrick81

^Still loving the album, still think it's their best since POP :confused::)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭tritriagain

Still loving the album, still think it's their best since POP :confused::)

Agree with this. Put it on stereo last night at full volume. It's great. Before anyone gets on their high horse that's my opinion and no one has the right to tell me any different. But they have the right to believe it's crap I.e their opinion. I just can't understand if you don't like u2 why waste ur time hating them. Listen to some one you do like. Life is too short.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,050 ✭✭✭OU812

The Nal wrote: »
    Listen to the new album. It'll make you not go.

Nah I like it. Much better than No Line

Greg81 wrote: »
    I think in 3 days they will announce Irish Tour.

Not going to happen ie stands for innocence and experience the name of the tour and the countdown is the number of days til the European leg starts.

Apparently the Gibson hotel is booked out from 24-29 Nov by u2s crew and shows will take place around then

• Advertisement

I'm all ears on reasons.

I've used it once at the 3Arena and it worked a treat. Not a tout in sight.
    • gifts
    • unforseen circumstances last minute meaning cant go
    • buying a few tickets together but not all able to enter together
    • using someone elses card to make purchase

All those reasons don't counter the massive pro of killing touts opportunities. CC entry all the way IMO.

• gifts
    • unforseen circumstances last minute meaning cant go
    • buying a few tickets together but not all able to enter together
    • using someone elses card to make purchase

If someone if gifting you a U2 ticket, then they are obviously trustworthy enough to give you their card for an evening to get into the venue.

Unforseen circumstances mean you are giving your tickets to a family member or friend. See above.

Buying a few tickets together. You all meet up before the gig. If you are not there, then you should be. Tough sh*t. See above.

Using someone else's card. See above.

With the gig I used this system, there was no need for ID that related to the card. Put the card into the machine at the door, got tickets and into the show. Simples. smile.png

If someone if gifting you a U2 ticket, then they are obviously trustworthy enough to give you their card for an evening to get into the venue.

Not necessarily. I would never ever give my credit card to anybody. also, for those who would give it, well, they might need it also, so might not be an option.
    Unforseen circumstances mean you are giving your tickets to a family member or friend. See above.

no they don't. recently my sister and her fella were to come to the Frames gig with us but had to cry off a couple of days beforehand. i sold the spare tickets (at face value - I would never ever profiteer from selling on tickets) through Adverts or gumtree, as I knew nobody who wanted or was able to go.
    Buying a few tickets together. You all meet up before the gig. If you are not there, then you should be. Tough sh*t. See above.

I've been to many a match or gig where coming from different parts of the city/country, with work or other delays i have just met people inside the ground. would always pass over the tickets well in advance just in case anything happened

• Registered Users Posts: 9,397 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Not necessarily. I would never ever give my credit card to anybody. also, for those who would give it, well, they might need it also, so might not be an option.

no they don't. recently my sister and her fella were to come to the Frames gig with us but had to cry off a couple of days beforehand. i sold the spare tickets (at face value - I would never ever profiteer from selling on tickets) through Adverts or gumtree, as I knew nobody who wanted or was able to go.

I've been to many a match or gig where coming from different parts of the city/country, with work or other delays i have just met people inside the ground. would always pass over the tickets well in advance just in case anything happened
    I understand all your scenarios, but I'd be happy for these to happen to a few if it meant touts are gone

Shedite27 wrote: »
    I understand all your scenarios, but I'd be happy for these to happen to a few if it meant touts are gone

In a way I'm the same. In general I hate touts but have been in circumstances as I outlined above plenty of times so really think it is hard to expect the card to be present every time.

For eg. I've been given tickets as a present from my cousin who lives London now on a few occasions. How could he give me his card?

I'm going to London to see U2 and am bringing him. I've not even booked my flight yet but I am going. If something happens that makes me not able to go I will give my ticket to his other half, but I'm fecked if im going to send them over my credit card.

I've also bought fron touts on many occasion, and while I hate them making big profits, a lot of the time the make a small amount of money and without them I would have been left without tickets on many an occasion so they do play their part........

In the video on this article Edge mentions that they are trying really hard to sort out Irish gigs but does mention there is no guarantee which is worrying. He also seems to hint that Belfast is a strong possibility as the show is simply not possible in the South;

http://www.breakingnews.ie/showbiz/u2s-the-edge-has-called-on-nations-to-step-forward-and-do-the-best-they-can-amidst-the-refugee-crisis-694468.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 360 ✭✭The Dogs Bollix

I've been keeping an eye on this thread. I really wanted a Christmas gig in Dublin.

Thats very disappointing that there won't be a Dublin gig. But isn't the 3 arena bigger than the arena in Belfast, going by capacity anyway. Not sure how they plan on fitting a bigger stage in Belfast in a smaller venue.

We need a bigger arena.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,376 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

I've been keeping an eye on this thread. I really wanted a Christmas gig in Dublin.

Thats very disappointing that there won't be a Dublin gig. But isn't the 3 arena bigger than the arena in Belfast, going by capacity anyway. Not sure how they plan on fitting a bigger stage in Belfast in a smaller venue.

We need a bigger arena.

The last thing we need is a bigger Arena, for what? to fit 3-4 extra rare events the point can't get bums on seats the best of times its capacity is on par with most arenas in Europe.

Belfasts is an Ice Hockey Arena the kind they've been playing in the US it is "in the round" style what the tour is catered for...I suppose Dublin needs an Ice Hockey Arena now

• Advertisement

It's not about "in the round", it's more they need the length of the standard hockey arena. The 3Arena is more of an amphitheatre setup. It's simply not long enough to host the current setup.

4 shows in Belfast with the current setup, and 4 in Dublin with a custom setup would be pretty cool.

Advertisement