Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

U2 Innocence & Experience Tour 2015 (Dublin and Belfast gigs confirmed, post #275)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭musicmania

Curve ball.

Good. I hope we get a few curve balls tomorrow too, and NYD is one of them!

• Registered Users Posts: 42,089 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Sounded like a very enjoyable show tonight. I wonder how they will top that tomorrow night.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,628 ✭✭✭dasdog

Thanks again to the people updating the thread. Unexpected ticket gig, show was good, music was decent, enjoyed that. With my analysing head on bono was attempting to phrase like Frank Sinatra at times but the crowd didn't notice or care. Edge deserves credit even with fx taken in to account. Show wise its original. Enjoy tomorrow those going. Home at 11pm where American 70's funk and soul is going to resume.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,129 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

It was bad and one to finish not bad and 40

• Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭damienom

Anyone heading tomorrow and planning on buying merchandise that might be able to do a man a favour!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭Pepsicass

but1er wrote: »
    Anyone in block d let us know what the seat numbers are that get upgraded??

We were upgraded tonight. Block D Row 22 seats 103 and 104. Happy days - fantastic spot standing (the only place to be!). Super super night.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,992 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

Bad & 40... Hope they still pull em out for tomorrow ....
    PTH2009 wrote: »
    they got bad/40 to finish again tonight.

if i was going tonight i would not have expected that as the night i went (tuesday) they played it

Bad then One to finish tonight. Raging, would have loved 40.

Gloria early on, I will follow and a brief, very brief stars will shine @ end of wowoy

No upgrading at all for anyone in section L. It's only section D with about 6 seats covered off. I was pretty much on the middle with restricted view, but it wasn't actually all that bad. The worst thing about our seats was the unreal smelly ****er who was farting sewage for the whole duration of the night.

Honestly though, I felt the crowd were poor. Not a U2 crowd. Of course they all knew the popular stuff, but were quite flat during some of the lesser known and newer stuff.

Bono mentioned Matt Damon, Brian O'Driscoll (played a song for him), an taoiseach, Ally Hewson, Denis O'Brien and Colin Farrell all in the house.

So no on stage guests in Dublin......... Will there be one tomorrow?????

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭Liam92

Thought that was a sublime gig. Great setlist!

Only thing not so great was the amount of people standing near me recording/taking pics during EVERY song. Several people were shouting at people to put away their phones, including me to some Brazilian guy constantly leaning so far back for another unnecessary video/pic.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,416 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

will bono go down in irish artistic history for his work as popular as james joyce, wb yeats and oscar wilde ???

im 26 now and the rolling stones, the beatles etc are still very famous,so in 2055 will u2 be still known ???

there our beatles (imagine a 2015 beatles they would be selling out arenas around the world no bother)

• Registered Users Posts: 702 ✭✭✭RolandGoose

Fantastic show tonight!
    The best I've seen so far!

Larry Mullen Jr played an absolute blinder tonight! Rock solid never missed a beat!!!

I'm very glad one replaced 40 as the closer, 40 is always a very flat end to the show!

Here's hoping for something special tomorrow!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 713 ✭✭✭loadwire

f*cking amazing. best irish u2 gig since '93 IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,416 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

loadwire wrote: »
    f*cking amazing. best irish u2 gig since '93 IMO.

amazing to think they started out in the late 70's from mount temple secondary school. there one of the biggest bands in the world and of all time

went on tuesday night but would of loved to hear one but 40 was brillent

i was close to tears when i heard the guitar part of 'where the streets have no name' such a brillent live song and bonos speech let perfect into it

• Registered Users Posts: 20,905 ✭✭✭✭FixdePitchmark

Seve OB wrote: »
    Bad then One to finish tonight. Raging, would have loved 40.

Gloria early on, I will follow and a brief, very brief stars will shine @ end of wowoy

No upgrading at all for anyone in section L. It's only section D with about 6 seats covered off. I was pretty much on the middle with restricted view, but it wasn't actually all that bad. The worst thing about our seats was the unreal smelly ****er who was farting sewage for the whole duration of the night.

Honestly though, I felt the crowd were poor. Not a U2 crowd. Of course they all knew the popular stuff, but were quite flat during some of the lesser known and newer stuff.

Bono mentioned Matt Damon, Brian O'Driscoll (played a song for him), an taoiseach, Ally Hewson, Denis O'Brien and Colin Farrell all in the house.

So no on stage guests in Dublin......... Will there be one tomorrow?????

Yes - I think Bono could do with toning down the paddyisms.

I've no problem with Brian O'Driscoll being mentioned at all in the right context........

But I was a bit face palm when he sang - (within 40 seconds)

Early morning, April four
    Shot rings out in the Memphis sky

:eek:
    Like Brian had a spear tackle - but can we leave it ****ing out in the a whole race movement.

So - yes we love that bono is toning it down - but there is no need for

" Matt Damon, Brian O'Driscoll (played a song for him), an taoiseach, Ally Hewson, Denis O'Brien and Colin Farrell all in the house."

Honestly Seve - did he say Denis O'Brien :eek::eek::eek::eek:

If so - when I go tomorrow. Cedarwood road should become

Shrewsbury Road.

image.jpg

Please tell me he didn't mention DOB - if he did I want tax back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 823 ✭✭✭q2xv9rjei4awgb

Yes - I think Bono could do with toning down the paddyisms.

I've no problem with Brian O'Driscoll being mentioned at all in the right context........

But I was a bit face palm when he sang - (within 40 seconds)

Early morning, April four
    Shot rings out in the Memphis sky

:eek:
    Like Brian had a spear tackle - but can we leave it ****ing out in the a whole race movement.

So - yes we love that bono is toning it down - but there is no need for

" Matt Damon, Brian O'Driscoll (played a song for him), an taoiseach, Ally Hewson, Denis O'Brien and Colin Farrell all in the house."

Honestly Seve - did he say Denis O'Brien :eek::eek::eek::eek:

If so - when I go tomorrow. Cedarwood road should become

Shrewsbury Road.

image.jpg

Please tell me he didn't mention DOB - if he did I want tax back.

He not only mentioned him but, he THANKED him for his involvement in the one campaign....

Bit of a stunned "wtf" silence, followed by some boos...Not too loud though

A blotch on an otherwise brilliant gig

Sorry fix. He did thank him

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭wacotaco

are the 10e tshirts outside any use?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭irishguy

Who are supporting tonight?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭Batesy

irishguy wrote: »
    Who are supporting tonight?

Nobody. U2 on stage at 8:30pm

• Registered Users Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭innuendo141

The journey begins. Hope everyone has an unreal night.

Hon the lads.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

Liam92 wrote: »
    Thought that was a sublime gig. Great setlist!

Only thing not so great was the amount of people standing near me recording/taking pics during EVERY song. Several people were shouting at people to put away their phones, including me to some Brazilian guy constantly leaning so far back for another unnecessary video/pic.
    That Brazilian guy sounds like the guy I sorted out Tuesday night.
    Did he have writing on his right hand saying Brazil?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭but1er

Starts at half 8 no support

You need credit card to get in standing that's all

Red line down

The church and a bar in the ifsc are u2 pubs! Church has a dj and the lagoona has u2 tribute act

Now can we talk about what songs you wanna hear and the gig!

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1,518 ✭✭✭Ciaran_B

That shout out to Denis O'Brien was the most tone-deaf thing I've ever heard on an Irish stage. Skin-crawling stuff. I was glad to hear people around me booing.

As an aside the Canadian girl pulled from the crowd was an absolute babe.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭irishguy

It says the doors are 6:30 so there is nothing on till 8:30, that's odd.

I still have found…… would be a nice ending to tonight!

Although I'm pretty sure I know what it'll be! ZzzZzZz.

Hopefully the band throw a few curveballs tonight. Not a given tho I guess, I'd imagine trash trampoline will appear!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭skeleton_boy

Ciaran_B wrote: »

As an aside the Canadian girl pulled from the crowd was an absolute babe.

The way she was moving around the stage seemed quite choreographed...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭comet

Get real on the DOB shout out, U2 and DOB are cut from the same cloth.
    Both well used to the idea of avoiding Irish taxes and Bono well knows how to keep the media on his side.

• Site Banned Posts: 66 ✭✭bloominballix

The way she was moving around the stage seemed quite choreographed...

Considering the girl they pulled up on stage on Tuesday was American, it must be all pre-planned. They looked very very alike too, though I song think it was the same person.

https://www.instagram.com/p/-cZReTAF7V/

No doubt the dancing girl is selected before the show, it's always an overly confident American / Canadian who performs exactly as the band wish.

I reckon the selection is done before the show and agreed upon with the participant. Most of them are pretty damn poor at recording the band during the following song tho! (With the exception of Monday night)

The show is heavily coreographed, Bono goes off on tangents which smash into dead ends, going for the soft applause is pretty cringe worthy!

However this is a show which showcases how solid of a band U2 are, I can't think of a band that put on a show of that strength! Musically speaking, the bells an whistles of the stage set up are so so for me!

wacotaco wrote: »
    are the 10e tshirts outside any use?

€10! I paid a fiver.... but that was after
    its grand. got the real deal inside also, Dublin specific t-shirt, there was a horrible green one for last night, but managed to grab a white one which must have been left over from one of the other nights

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭Wooderson

Ciaran_B wrote: »
    That shout out to Denis O'Brien was the most tone-deaf thing I've ever heard on an Irish stage. Skin-crawling stuff. I was glad to hear people around me booing.

Fuxake. That is the PITS from Bono. In '09 "thanking" Blackberry from the stage tried my patience but Den getting a shoutout is vulgar.

Advertisement