Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Card Numbers unreadable

Options
  • 03-12-2014 2:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 24

Hi,

The numbers on my visa debit card have become unreadable following normal use of my card. I requested a replacement card and was told that an €8 replacement fee is required.

Can I ask why I have to compensate for quality issues with the card I was provided with?

I am not happy at all with this. I pay enough bank charges to hold this account as it is.

JM

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,413 ✭✭✭Tow

There are have been a good few complaints about the quality of the Oberthur cards BOI are currently using. If you kick up a fuss they should refund you the replacement cost.

When is the money (including lost growth) Michael Noonan took in the Pension Levy going to be paid back?

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Take a felt tip marker in a strong colour (i.e. dark if your card is light, light if your card is dark) and trace over the numbers using it. It won't affect the card's ability to be read by machines.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Tara

Hi JohnMagic,

Thanks for getting in touch.

We're sorry to hear you are unhappy with the card replacement charge. This is the charge applied to replace a lost, stolen or damaged card and is advised in our Schedule of Fees and Charges brochure.  

If you feel there was a quality issue with the card you were originally issued with, please see here for our complaints process.

Thanks
    Tara
    JohnMagic wrote: »
    Hi,

The numbers on my visa debit card have become unreadable following normal use of my card. I requested a replacement card and was told that an €8 replacement fee is required.

Can I ask why I have to compensate for quality issues with the card I was provided with?

I am not happy at all with this. I pay enough bank charges to hold this account as it is.

JM

Advertisement