Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

LEAP CARD - Updated Summary of Cards/Functionality Available - December 2014

2»

Comments

• Site Banned Posts: 20,685 ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

Anyone ever had to block one and how long it took? I dropped mine yesterday and didn't notice til going home about 12 hours later and can see that someone has used it at least twice since yesterday. I reported it missing this morning thinking it was in work, but they essentially said (as do their T&C) that my money's gone

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭Slippin Jimmy

I am looking for some advice. I will be making a trip tomorrow and plan on using my leapcard. I will be travelling from busaras to Navan, do I just ask the driver for a day return and present my card and how does it work on the way back?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,944 ✭✭✭✭LXFlyer

Duffff-Man wrote: »
    I am looking for some advice. I will be making a trip tomorrow and plan on using my leapcard. I will be travelling from busaras to Navan, do I just ask the driver for a day return and present my card and how does it work on the way back?

You cannot purchase return tickets on LEAP as these are promotional products.

You can only buy:
    - Single ticket @ 20% discount on cash
    - 24 hour zonal ticket offering 24 hours unlimited travel on Bus Eireann within that zone
    - 7 day zonal ticket offering 24 hours unlimited travel on Bus Eireann within that zone

For Dublin-Navan the day return options are:
    1) Cash - €18
    2) Online at www.buseireann.ie - €17.10
    3) 24 hour Blue Zone ticket - €17.15

If you are buying the latter, just ask the driver for a 24 hour blue zone ticket, and then on any subsequent bus just put the card on the ticket machine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,005 ✭✭✭✭AlekSmart

Worth noting that from Feb 2nd the Multi-Journey Leapcard 90 Discount/Rebate becomes Multi-Modal across Dart/Luas services also.

The rebate will operate in both directions,ie: the initial activating journey can be on any of the modes,with the rebate taken from whichever mode is used subsequently within the 90 minute timeframe.

The traditionalists are slowly being deprived of reasons NOT to get a Leapcard ;)

Men, it has been well said, think in herds; it will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one.

Charles Mackay (1812-1889)

AlekSmart wrote: »
    Worth noting that from Feb 2nd the Multi-Journey Leapcard 90 Discount/Rebate becomes Multi-Modal across Dart/Luas services also.

The rebate will operate in both directions,ie: the initial activating journey can be on any of the modes,with the rebate taken from whichever mode is used subsequently within the 90 minute timeframe.

The traditionalists are slowly being deprived of reasons NOT to get a Leapcard ;)

That's going to make a big difference - and make multi-mode trips more attractive.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,235 ✭✭✭lucernarian

There's still those "single tickets" as they're now called in the airport;)

An actual 90 minute ticket like so many other metropolitan regions seem to be able to issue for their public transport. Is the travel 90 €3.05 now?? It will be cheaper to use one of those for most kinds of 2-bus journey in Dublin.

There's still those "single tickets" as they're now called in the airport;)

An actual 90 minute ticket like so many other metropolitan regions seem to be able to issue for their public transport. Is the travel 90 €3.05 now?? It will be cheaper to use one of those for most kinds of 2-bus journey in Dublin.

The Vending Machine T90 single ticket is,from memory,€2.95.

It has to be viewed in the context of the NTA's policy to reduce the Travel 90 product's attractiveness when compared to Leapcard PAYG.

This has largely occurred systemwide,with the Airport being the only location where the single T90 is marketed.

With the arrival of Swiftway services to the Airport,we can expect a significant overhaul of ALL ticketing options there within the next 12-18 months.

Men, it has been well said, think in herds; it will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one.

The Vending Machine T90 single ticket is,from memory,€2.95.
    I found out earlier, it's 3.10 it seems. I'm pretty sure it was increased not too long ago but I didn't know by how much.

With regards multi-modal transfers, it's welcome to see this extension of functionality but for bus users it's a bitter pill to swallow when the functionality and value for money offered by travel 90s for years and years is replaced with such a compromise.

Swiftway is a long way from actual provision and implementation though I can think of Summerhill drivers who think otherwise... I'll be surprised and fascinated if they get it done by the middle of 2016.

I found out earlier, it's 3.10 it seems. I'm pretty sure it was increased not too long ago but I didn't know by how much.

With regards multi-modal transfers, it's welcome to see this extension of functionality but for bus users it's a bitter pill to swallow when the functionality and value for money offered by travel 90s for years and years is replaced with such a compromise.

Swiftway is a long way from actual provision and implementation though I can think of Summerhill drivers who think otherwise... I'll be surprised and fascinated if they get it done by the middle of 2016.

The very successful Travel 90,was an inevitable casuality of the ITS programme,as it was company specific and popular....too popular.

The decision to reduce it's popularity rested with the NTA,but was taken in the context of the far larger ITS picture,the various elements of which are slowly...so slowly now being put in place.

As for Swiftway,irrespective of the thoughts of Drivers,the project is underway.

While I would have certain misgivings as to the greater €600 Million region wide BRT scheme,it is entirely likely that the Swords/Airport Spur BRT will be up and running in late 2017...assuming the availibility of funding.

• Advertisement

While I would have certain misgivings as to the greater €600 Million region wide BRT scheme,it is entirely likely that the Swords/Airport Spur BRT will be up and running in late 2017...assuming the availibility of funding.
    Your previous comment implied that Swiftway's arrival would pave the way for fare alterations of all kinds from the airport. Do you mean that you expect fare changes of some kind relevant to the airport, in 12 to 18 months even if Swiftway is perhaps 3 years away? I can believe Swiftway to Swords could be provisioned in 3 years, whatever about 18 months.

Your previous comment implied that Swiftway's arrival would pave the way for fare alterations of all kinds from the airport. Do you mean that you expect fare changes of some kind relevant to the airport, in 12 to 18 months even if Swiftway is perhaps 3 years away? I can believe Swiftway to Swords could be provisioned in 3 years, whatever about 18 months.

The NTA/BAC committment is to restructure the current Fare regime,with more alterations due within the 12-18 months referred to.

I would indeed expect further Fare system changes within that time frame.
    I would be surprised if the Fare regime was not in place sometime in advance of Swiftway startup,which may yet focus on the Airport-Earlsfort Terrace leg in advance of the Swords terminus.

I would agree that 3 years from now is a more realistic date for the entirety of Swiftway startup.

With Swiftway being entirely platform ticket based,the infrastructural issues will be somewhat less and confined to street-side hardware.

The changes to existing parallell BAC routes,although extensive,will most likely focus on realignment and integration than wholesale elimination.

One thing IS certain,and that is the Swords-City Centre Public Transport corridor will be very different in late 2017 than it is today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,726 ✭✭✭Red Silurian

Leap card now available on bus eireann services in Limerick according to Twitter

Leap card now available on bus eireann services in Limerick according to Twitter

While available, it hasn't been officially launched yet. I would presume it will be shortly.

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭sh1tin-a-brick

Has anyone noticed extra days being docked off the (student) 30-day rambler?

It's possible I'm imagining it, but I'm sure I've scanned in the morning time and it said, say 7 days left, then when scanning again in the afternoon it says 6 days.

I'll definitely be keeping a closer eye to be sure, but just wondering if anyone else has noticed it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,812 ✭✭✭thelad95

Has anyone noticed extra days being docked off the (student) 30-day rambler?

It's possible I'm imagining it, but I'm sure I've scanned in the morning time and it said, say 7 days left, then when scanning again in the afternoon it says 6 days.

I'll definitely be keeping a closer eye to be sure, but just wondering if anyone else has noticed it.

Just a guess but maybe it counts from the exact time you bought it?

• Advertisement

thelad95 wrote: »
    Just a guess but maybe it counts from the exact time you bought it?

No it doesn't - the days are non-consecutive.

As a fellow rambler ticket user I have never seen nor heard of this happening.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,076 ✭✭✭✭vienne86

lxflyer wrote: »
    No it doesn't - the days are non-consecutive.

As a fellow rambler ticket user I have never seen nor heard of this happening.

I had adult ramblers for years and never ever had this problem. Sometimes it is hard to remember how many days you have left, if you are not a regular user.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

Yeah well, it can be a bit confusing though because when you view history for tickets on the website, it won't show you when you've used another day. Don't like the way it seems to be assumed it'll only be deducted on a different day. Especially when what the card does is determined by the validator you are using. Just takes 1 thing to be faulty to put you out.

Yeah well, it can be a bit confusing though because when you view history for tickets on the website, it won't show you when you've used another day. Don't like the way it seems to be assumed it'll only be deducted on a different day. Especially when what the card does is determined by the validator you are using. Just takes 1 thing to be faulty to put you out.

Again, I've used Rambler tickets constantly before and after they migrated to LEAP, and this issue has NEVER arisen - I don't believe that it has happened.

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭sh1tin-a-brick

You all seem oddly defensive on the issue, not working for Dublin Bus are you? :P I'm just asking around like!

It wasn't a case of using the card sporadically and forgetting how many days I had left, it was on one day going to and from college where I *thought* the number had changed.

Anyway as I say, I will be keeping a better eye on it in the future. If I notice any certain discrepancies I'll post back.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,494 ✭✭✭✭Victor

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement