Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Physiotherapist

Options
  • 03-12-2014 3:42pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭

Anyone have a recommendation for a good physiotherapist in Waterford? The damaged area is the hand if that makes any difference

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭CardBordWindow

Des O'Meara, beside the Tower Hotel on the corner with Lombard street.
    086 3921634
    I went to him when I tore knee ligaments. Found him excellent. Have yet to hear a bad word about his work.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Cheers, does he do a flat rate or something different?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭CardBordWindow

It's been a while since I was there, but I think it was €45 for a session with him, which lasts just under an hour.
    It'll obviously depend on how much treatment you'll need, but he won't bring you back for the sake of it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7 conordunmore

The O'Meara/Brazil Practice are Physical Therapists and Sports Injury practice. Different from a Chartered Physiotherapist.

A Chartered Physiotherapist does a four year full time degree. This will include 1000 hours of clinical placement in a hospital, primary care or community setting prior to qualification.

A physical therapist completes a three year part time degree which will consist of twenty weekends a year over three years. Physical therapy is an holistic and patient-centered approach focusing on the manual treatment of the soft tissue - muscles, tendons, ligaments, fascia.

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭RV

The O'Meara/Brazil Practice are Physical Therapists and Sports Injury practice. Different from a Chartered Physiotherapist.

A Chartered Physiotherapist does a four year full time degree. This will include 1000 hours of clinical placement in a hospital, primary care or community setting prior to qualification.

A physical therapist completes a three year part time degree which will consist of twenty weekends a year over three years.

The 'physical therapy degree' is a B.Sc. in Applied Health Science. It is a full time course, run over three years with classes mostly on weekends. There is an option of a fourth year for a B.Sc. Honours in Applied Health Science. Academically the B.Sc. Hons in physiotherapy and physical therapy are exactly equivalent.

• Advertisement
Advertisement