Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

After hours unfair ban

Options
  • 03-12-2014 3:58pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 481 ✭✭

Hi I got an unfair ban from AH and received this pm
    You have been banned

BACK

Dear anonyanony,

You have been permanently banned from After Hours for Trolling.

This means you are posting in an intentionally provocative fashion in order to gain a reaction from other members. This is disruptive and causes stress to other members.
    We don't want that here.

For more information please refer to the Boards.ie FAQ.

If you wish to appeal this ban you can see details on how to do so here.

whoopsadaisydoodles

Your post:Quote: anonyanonyQuote: kylithSo, you're in favour of women not being able to go out for more than a couple of hours when they're breastfeeding? After all, they'd have to get home in time to feed so that no-one is annoyed by a baby crying for its dinner, and so that no-one is offended by her quieting the child by feeding in public?

I don't know which I'm more surprised by; you saying that breastfeeding mothers shouldn't be able to go to a nice restaurant, or me for thinking that you couldn't possibly mean that.

Quote: eviltwinAnd what if you need to go somewhere or don't have a network of other mothers who have a house you can visit? You're view is not just close minded its quite dangerous, mothers with young babies are encouraged to go out and do normal things, its good for them, its one of the things that can help prevent post natal depression. Staying indoors for six months is not good for your mental state. Just turn away if you find it so offensive.

They can go out, breastfeed where ever they want ie public bench but don't bring the noisy baby to quite places like restaurants or cinemas or the likes, they could eat their food topless in the restaurant for all I care if the noisy baby was not there. They are not stuck in their house just have respect for others.

I then pm the mod cause I did not think I posted anything rule breaking and got this

Re: You have been banned

BACK

Quote: anonyanonyI really don't think my opinion was trolling, but if you want to have think that go ahead but point out where I broke the rules that the pro noisy baby in restaurants didin't with their opinion it was just as strong and provocative as my mine was. But do not see them banned

You haven't been banned for your opinions on breastfeeding.

You've been banned because you are a re reg.

Due to this I sent a pm with this as that was not the ban reason I got given and I am not a rereg.

Re: You have been banned

BACK

To: whoopsadaisydoodlesDate: 03/12/2014 | 14:42

No I am not a reg, if you have proof of that accusation show me or please undo the unjust ban, in the reason for the ban it was said do to the post nothing of being for a rereg please clarify

So as I was not banned for what I wrote and I am not a rereg I think this is unjust.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,775 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

OK, one of the Rec CMods will take a look at this for you.

Please confirm that you have never previously registered on this site.

tHB

• Closed Accounts Posts: 481 ✭✭anonyanony

OK, one of the Rec CMods will take a look at this for you.

Please confirm that you have never previously registered on this site.

tHB

I have not

Hi there. We have looked into this a bit further & it would appear that there were some crossed wires, so to speak. I will lift your ban.

tHB

Hi there. We have looked into this a bit further & it would appear that there were some crossed wires, so to speak. I will lift your ban.

tHB

Thanks, can you get the mod to remove the post where she called me a troll and rereg, also could she post in the thread of her mistake so people don't have the wrong impression of me next time I post there. Or is that not done?

That post has been removed.

• Advertisement

That post has been removed.

Thank you, will the mod post of her mistake or am I allowed to comment on it in the thread?

The ban has been lifted & the post has been removed. It has been publicly acknowledged in this forum that the ban was in error.

There is no need for any further comment to be made by you or the mod in that thread as it would be off-topic.

tHB

The ban has been lifted & the post has been removed. It has been publicly acknowledged in this forum that the ban was in error.

There is no need for any further comment to be made by you or the mod in that thread as it would be off-topic.

tHB

Cool, if someone brings it up when I post I will pm the link for here, I doubt most of the posters in the thread that saw the ban would see this place so might not know.

I want to thank you tHB and you may resolve this thread.

You are welcome.

If anyone brings it up - please report the post as discussion of mod action on-thread is against site rules.

tHB

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement