Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How long for credit transfer to process

Options
  • 03-12-2014 4:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭

Hi

I dropped into my BOI branch yesterday and filled out a form to transfer a large sum to a solicitor account with AIB (House purchase closing balance).

I marked it as urgent and was told it would be transferred the following day (Today).

Should this be done by now? I can still see it in my account.

Also there was a €25 charge, I assume this will be taken off my current account?

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Tara

Hi rodge123,

Thanks for your post. 

Transfers are processed up to close of business. If this is an urgent/express transfer, you should see the funds debit your account this afternoon. If this does not happen, please contact your branch and a representative will be happy to look into this for you. Contact details for your branch can be found here.

Thanks
    Tara

• Registered Users Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭rodge123

Hi rodge123,

Thanks for your post. 

Transfers are processed up to close of business. If this is an urgent/express transfer, you should see the funds debit your account this afternoon. If this does not happen, please contact your branch and a representative will be happy to look into this for you. Contact details for your branch can be found here.

Thanks
    Tara
    Hi Tara

I filled out the form and handed it in yesterday around 2PM.
    I had it marked as urgent/express.
    Should the funds have already been debited from my account at this stage?

Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Tara

Hi rodge123, 

As mentioned above, transfers are processed up to close of business which is late in the afternoon/early evening when all files have completed. With urgent transfers, the funds debit the payer's account at the same time that the payee's account is credited. If you are concerned, you can call the branch to follow up and representatives are available on the branch lines until 5.15pm.

Thanks
    Tara

• Registered Users Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭rodge123

Hi rodge123, 

As mentioned above, transfers are processed up to close of business which is late in the afternoon/early evening when all files have completed. With urgent transfers, the funds debit the payer's account at the same time that the payee's account is credited. If you are concerned, you can call the branch to follow up and representatives are available on the branch lines until 5.15pm.

Thanks
    Tara
    I called and they informed me that because it was an InterPay payment and submitted after 2PM yesterday, that it will only be debited from my account at close of business today.

Thanks

Advertisement