Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moving from London to Dublin

Options
  • 03-12-2014 4:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 26

Hi,

I was wondering if I could get a few reputable removal company names to contact to get some quotes. I have tried searching the forum but cant get anywhere!

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭Louche Lad

I used http://www.gbliners.com once and they were good - nothing broken, nothing missing, on time.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

We went with careline, no complaints

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Chryan

Thanks a lot! I will look at both of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭tomfoolery60

Depending on what you need to move using Shiply to get some quotes for smaller removal companies can work out well (generally much cheaper than the other options but service is more variable).

We don't have furniture as we rent at the moment, just tonnes of clothes, books, white goods, TV and small aquarium, basically a small two bed flat contents.

• Advertisement

I had relatively little also - I bought some cardboard boxes and other stuff on Amazon and got a quote on Shiply that worked out really well for me. They were less than half the price of the more full service companies that quoted me.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭Santa Cruz

There are a few London Irish firms that advertise on The Irish Post who might give you a quote. If you haven't enough to fill a load they may share with another similar

Good idea! Will get exrra brownie points from hubby for getting Irish paper and some more info on reputable removal companies. I received quote drom Shiply - started from £56 all inclusive! How do these people break even?! My company is paying relocation so I dont need to budget too tightly.

Chryan wrote: »
    Good idea! Will get exrra brownie points from hubby for getting Irish paper and some more info on reputable removal companies. I received quote drom Shiply - started from £56 all inclusive! How do these people break even?! My company is paying relocation so I dont need to budget too tightly.

If the company is paying then don't worry about Shiply! I had some suspiciously low quotes that turned out to be usless (i.e. removals company only available at specific time when I was not there and were essentially uncontactable). Go with one of the established names!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭Reekwind

If the company is paying then don't worry about Shiply! I had some suspiciously low quotes that turned out to be usless (i.e. removals company only available at specific time when I was not there and were essentially uncontactable). Go with one of the established names!
    Even though Shiply's the best?

• Advertisement

Reekwind wrote: »
    Even though Shiply's the best?

I didn't say that - I said they worked out well for me. At less than half the price of the full service offerings. However, in the same way I would fly first class over coach if someone else was paying - I would recommend using a full service/professional removals firm if someone else was paying.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,965 ✭✭✭Help!!!!

Ive used irishremoval.com found them very good

Advertisement