Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Seems like a good deal on coal....

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,142 ✭✭✭pm.

It will drop more coal wholesale prices are continuing to drop

• Registered Users Posts: 577 ✭✭✭Mr321

Cant really see it dropping anymore myself tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Keith1111

Smokeless direct having sale

Not sure what will happen after the 10th June ,?

! Super Online Summer Sale !

We are having a MEGA ONLINE ONLY SALE until the 10th of June.

Ecoglow - £525 (€605) per tonne. That's €12.05 per 20KG bag

EcoStove - £540 (€622) per tonne. That's €12.40 per 20KG bag

Order on www.smokelessdirect.ie Online Orders Only.

Delivery is FREE to anywhere in the country.

Payments are to be made online and you will be charged in £ as we are a UK company. The € prices above are based on a average exchange rate.

Any other questions call us on 086 889 8854

Like this post and tag friends to let them know about our SUPER deal!

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭jimbobmalones

Latest prices are going down

• Registered Users Posts: 8,502 ✭✭✭jmreire

USD 135.10 is the price that the "manufacturers" are selling at on world markets?

• Advertisement

No this is just the commodity price - the interesting bit is the fall from 450 to 150 or about 300. When the commodity price was 450 the local irish price was about 700 per tonne so a price below 150 should indicate a local irish price of perhaps 500ish (I would't expect all of the fall to pass on ) but it does give some indication.

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭Old McGroin

Hi, just wondering if anyone had used Eco Glow smokeless coal and if it was any good? Seems like a good deal on it here: https://coalonlinedirect.ie/shop/eco-glow/

• Registered Users Posts: 577 ✭✭✭Mr321

Havnt used that brand but like all other smokeless Ovoids they seem to be all the same. Poor heat and plenty of smoke out the chimney.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,839 ✭✭✭Odelay

If that’s the results you’re having, then you’re not using them right. You must be burning them at too low a temperature.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,638 ✭✭✭Cape Clear

Have used CW smokeless ovoids in a stove for the last few years with no issue. Good consistent heat little ash left over in the morning. The website above doesn't show much information or pictures of the products which would make me slow to buy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭ash_18x

Just looking for a bit of feedback on coal warehouse. Have seen them advertise on facebook and they have really good deals at the moment on smokeless ovoids- €500 for a tonne. Just wondering if they are reputable? Thanks :)

Hopefully drop soon

Smokeless direct same coal cheaper

Price back to 2021 - hopefully see a tonne for 500 or less soon

• Registered Users Posts: 4 fer12

I've seen this page yesterday morning coaldirectireland.com after pricing for a long time in lots of places, i just went to order myself a ton of premium coal for £539 ( about €630 ) delivered from NI to Dublin, don't know how but delivery company was nocking on my door 7:30 am this morning. I think that is a really good service and for great prices, can't remember exactly the price for other types if coal but so far they are one of the cheapest offers out there, you should give them a look if you are looking to buy some coal for yourself.

Post edited by fer12 on

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭insullation

@fer12 Is it smokeless you ordered? As I ordered the non smokeless before from them (when it was legal to use in the south) and I felt really bad as it was very dirty stuff to burn and couldn't use it if the wind was blowing in the direction of my neighbours.

Strange time to be ordering a ton of coal!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 45,454 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

Is i actually cheaper than the coal warehouse though?

Coal Warehouse is €500 a tonne for Ovoids or Clearflame, plus €50 delivery is it? So, roughly €550.

Coaldirect Golden Glow is €615 a tonne (£529) delivered.

What am I missing?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,326 ✭✭✭OmegaGene

i am sure coal direct pay google to be at the top of the search

€500 for ovoids is getting better price wise

The internet isn’t for everyone

No, is not the smokeless that I ordered, is the big coal just the normal stuff that comes in a red bag but I've heard that their smokeless ovoids are meant to be very good I jus saw a price drop and went to order, just considering now to order another tonne of that ovoids again today and maybe mix them both.

Ohh well, I ordered from them in the past, didn't like the stuff. I got 2 small bags of that golden glow coal just to try it, that is why I am ordering from them now.

Post edited by fer12 on

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,238 ✭✭✭Widdensushi

This seems very spammy, only posts are promoting a business,it makes no sense buying coal now unless you are using it which I doubt many are, come October the price will hopefully lower, but either way it won't be higher.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,715 ✭✭✭The Continental Op

October is far too late to buy coal if you want a decent price.

Wake me up when it's all over.

makes perfect sense to buy it now if you have the money and want to secure it at that price, october is when the silly season starts and the coal cartel can all raise prices

• Registered Users Posts: 5,238 ✭✭✭Widdensushi

Bookmark the prices now and we will see , either way I smell spam off a poster with three posts all promoting a product.

If your theory is true then they aren’t doing a geat job of promoting the company, not many people around bargain alerts would fall for it either

I like to buy this time of the year just to be ready for the winter. Maybe you buy later when cold starts and coal is all wet, mines is all dry in my shed by that time

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭jasper1422

We all love to stock up this time of Year if the price was right. They are a long way off the price it should be. A lot of greed out there! Hold off until September/ October time and let them drop the price .

• Registered Users Posts: 6,715 ✭✭✭The Continental Op

Wake me up when it's all over.

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭insullation

I am bit puzzled...the poster said "I've seen this page yesterday morning coaldirectireland.com after pricing for a long time in lots of places" and now "just considering now to order another tonne of that ovoids again today and maybe mix them both". Who is there right mind goes off and buys 2 ton of coal without having any idea what it is like to burn. To make it worse one ton is smoky which is illegal to sell in the South so your neighbours are going to love you. Clearly poster is advertising.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45,454 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

Is clearly an advertisement.

For a company that that is overcharging compared to rival companies..

Talk about backfiring!

Advertisement