Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Seems like a good deal on coal....

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,687 ✭✭✭corks finest

do u know if they accept PayPal?

or Apple Pay?

or did u just pay with card over the phone thanks?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,728 ✭✭✭bigron2109

Received my tonne of Ovoids from Gears this afternoon. Ordered Monday morning and came today so a good turnaround .

All wrapped well and bone dry which was great considering the rain we have had the last few days . I’ll give a bag of the ovoids a go at the weekend and report back.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Helicopter4870

They took card from me not sure if other payment options are available to be honest . They have other coal options available also , I didn’t get the ovoids from them last year so can’t comment on what way their ovoids are but from my previous experience with Coal Warehouse Ovoids I didn’t opt for them again . In my personal opinion there is no comparison for heat output and for heating the boiler .

• Registered Users Posts: 45,454 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

CB Fuels prices aren't anything special.

The website is poor too.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Helicopter4870

Tbh I’m not really fussed about website functionality. I just want to be able to heat my rads and water tank for as cheap as possible which I would think the majority or viewers and posters want also . The cost of living is at an all time high so just giving my personal experience of companies I have personally purchased from.

• Advertisement

I’m the same

all about the price

but can understand ref site not looking great

but as long as I can access it

and it’s not a scam and accepts PayPal/ Apple Pay I’m happy

my bro did the math ref Greers-we’re saving approximately e6 on a 20 kg bag of Colombian coal inc delivery to Cork

so going for that as soon as I get the call back,

coal direct ( Seamus) told me it has to be Revolout and no pay pal 🙄

yet on their main site it states clearly otherwise,

so alarm bells rang ( maybe paranoia)

Greers Lisburn it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Keith1111

Anyone burn both there's £60 in the difference is it really worth extra £60 for the stove coal I don't have a back boiler so thinking no

• Registered Users Posts: 1,728 ✭✭✭bigron2109

I burnt the green bags last year as they were the cheapest. Would burn them again this year except they were a bit more expensive . Wasn’t much ash and they heat the radiators no problem. Was onto them by email last week and he said the prices won’t be dropping as they already knocked a few pound off last week.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭Moanin

First and last stop in Jonesborough are €8.77 a 20kg bag for coyles smokeless ovids (Collection only).

• Registered Users Posts: 6,178 ✭✭✭Invincible

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Keith1111

You try the red bags? Are they worth 60 extra pounds

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭dollylama

Hayes are £330 / tonne of Surelite ovoids collected in their yard in Belfast. Comes in about €402 with the northern vat included. You'll get a pallet crowd to collect and deliver from 70 to 90 euros

I've been burning Surelite for a few years now, can't fault them.. they're on par with any other good ovoid out there but more importantly, they're consistent.. no bad batches or high ash

FAO interested

my mate in Derry was in the coal business 40 plus years until 2/3 years ago

chatting on messenger with him an hour ago about my purchase,

says prices of coal dropping up north and will continue to do so for a while .

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭2forjoy

The prices will drop . It's mainly a 6 County selling market now where theres no ban on smoke. So the more Columbian they mix in the bags , the easier it will be to drop the price.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,454 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

€438 a tonne.

I know it's collection only but that's a lot cheaper than anything else I've seen posted.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,897 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

They are both good. I think the only difference is the size of the nuggets, the Stove version is smaller.

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭LBF21

some price and you could grab a few beers from them too ;) Anyone know if it burns well in a stove?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,897 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

I wonder if you could find someone to collect it & transport. Presumably it arrives on a pallet to them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭Moanin

I live about an hour away and often head up for a few bags of coal.

It burns perfect and beers taste good when cheaper!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭sgarvan

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭deisedav

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭Lancashire-lad

Hi was thinking about buying Heys surelite. In England I can buy them for £470 a ton which is the cheapest smokeless I found so far.

So please may I know how do they burn on a open fire and do they keep in overnight. Do they burn quick or slow.

Do you have a post code for there Belfast yard. Because it might work out cheap to hire my own pallet delivery company.

Thanks

Please can you post a link to gear website.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 6,178 ✭✭✭Invincible

Thank you

• Registered Users Posts: 3,540 ✭✭✭wassie

Hayes also sell direct. https://www.hayesfuels.com/

Hi thanks for the link . for people in England they ask me to use there England website coal hut.

That is where I found Heys surelite which is the cheapest smokeless coal I found so far on or offline. At £469.99 per ton.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,637 ✭✭✭south

Ordered coal at around 3.30 yesterday afternoon from Greers and it was delivered to Waterford first thing this morning.

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,036 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

Thats really odd, I ordered a ton from Greers on Tuesday afternoon and I'm still awaiting delivery of it, rang the logistics company up North today and they tracked the delivery and said it the delivery company in Waterford have it, but he couldnt get throught to them to find out why it hasnt been delivered yet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,041 ✭✭✭gooner99

I was told that sellers in the North are dropping prices to reduce stock in anticipation of restrictions on smokey coal. Not sure how much truth is in that.

Advertisement