Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Seems like a good deal on coal....

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15 pzermelzer

Mails sent now. While still in Sept so hopefully will get the offer prices

• Registered Users Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭sgarvan

From a comment on their FB page regardng the Ace Label.

Forward them to roneillhaulage@yahoo.co.uk along with your contact number.

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭framework123

just trying to set-up an account there with ace..its looking for a po number, vat number etc There seem to be mandatory fields what do I put in here ?

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭stevegrace

just trying to set-up an account there with ace..its looking for a po number, vat number etc There seem to be mandatory fields what do I put in here ?

Put whatever you want in for the Po 123456 is just for company's to use and the vat number can be left empty.

• Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭damemcd

Missed the september price deals .....any word on October prices there?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,114 ✭✭✭mikeecho

damemcd wrote: »
    Missed the september price deals .....any word on October prices there?

HPolish Coal is still €8 per 40kg bag at the moment the rest has went up by €0.80 per bag:
    Black Diamond - €10.80
    Doubles - €8.80
    Slack - €6.80
    Singles - €7.80
    Clearflame - €12.80
    Countryblend - €12.80
    Ovoids - €12.80

Thanks

Go raibh mile...

• Registered Users Posts: 46 hanniffy1701

Discodog wrote: »
    Anyone know a typical delivery charge to Galway ? Is it priced by pallet irrespective of the number of bags ?

Ring Lynx in Oranmore will cost you €49 + Vat works out at €60 few quid saving

• Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭OnLooker

When going through the ACE ordering system what do you enter for the pallet size?

Is it the 650KG non stackable option? Its giving me a quote of €37.50 from Tyrone to Dublin.

I thought it was more expensive. Thanks for the help

ACE have stopped doing deliveries. Just off the phone to them.

• Advertisement

Have the coalwarehouse got a new crowd in , or has it all gone sadly....

No they have a new crowd in.

Liam Connolly Freight - 04867722998

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

And whats Liam Connolly's procedure for delivery?

Just like it was with Ace originally? Call them and pay them directly give them delivery details and off we go?

vicwatson wrote: »
    And whats Liam Connolly's procedure for delivery?

Just like it was with Ace originally? Call them and pay them directly give them delivery details and off we go?

Book with the coal warehouse and then ring Liam Connolly's to book the delivery

OnLooker wrote: »

Any idea of pricing for different parts of the country?

mikeecho wrote: »

48 pound to Galway,

• Registered Users Posts: 2,083 ✭✭✭chasm

OnLooker wrote: »

Probably better to contact Connolly's first to check the cost of delivery before ordering the coal I would have thought?

I got coal delivered last week, ordered delivery through ace (after having to set up an account!) But another company delivered it, so they must have been contracting out the work as I could have sworn ace delivered to previously ?

mikeecho wrote: »

£35 to Dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭theduffer

Hi Folks,

So is it still the same process for ordering.. you contact the delivery courrier (Liam Connolly) then when your happy with delivery price and pay the details get passed to Coal Warehouse and from there, they contact you for your order of coal?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Hey all got my pallet of polish coal but I am having a little issue with big lumps being left over(not burning)

Do instead of ash there is still a lot of coal left after it burning quite well.

Should I mix with logs or something else.

Its an open fire thanks .

• Advertisement

Hey all got my pallet of polish coal but I am having a little issue with big lumps being left over(not burning)

Do instead of ash there is still a lot of coal left after it burning quite well.

Should I mix with logs or something else.

Its an open fire thanks .

Strange, using kindling ya ??

Strange, using kindling ya ??

hi using a briquette to start and gets going very well just loads of coal left the next day.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭sgarvan

There is a good amount of cinders left the next morning. Just keep them in a bag/box when you are cleaning out the fire and lash them on the next day. They will glow red hot quickly and give off a good heat

• Closed Accounts Posts: 413 ✭✭odckdo

I have the same problem with the Black Diamond in an open fire. Some logs do help but still end up with alot of cinders in the grate the next morning. Nearly double the amount to clean up compared to Polish I got locally when it was allowed here.

48 pound to Galway,

£48. , or €48. ?

• Registered Users Posts: 679 ✭✭✭mrtom

odckdo wrote: »
    I have the same problem with the Black Diamond in an open fire. Some logs do help but still end up with alot of cinders in the grate the next morning. Nearly double the amount to clean up compared to Polish I got locally when it was allowed here.

I hoped some bright spark on this thread would educate me on “optimum combustion” as we compare the various properties of coal.
    user_online.pngreport.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 413 ✭✭odckdo

mrtom wrote:
    I hoped some bright spark on this thread would educate me on “optimum combustion†as we compare the various properties of coal.

Not sure if you have burned the coal we are talking about - either the Polish or Black Diamond (Premium Polish)? Both have massive pieces of coal in the bag which the previous poster mentioned weren't burning fully. The poster asked if firelogs would help and I simply responded that it would.

The amount of hot air you expel I would be very surprised if you can keep your fire lit.☺

Thanks for the tips all.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,538 ✭✭✭sunny2004

I placed an order with them this morning.

I went with...
    5 x 40kg of Smokeless Ovoids (€12 per bag)
    20 x 40kg Champion Premium Coal (€8 per bag)

When you like and share their FaceBook Page they give you 2 free bags on your pallet so it knocked off €16 for 2 of the Champion Premium Coal bags which brought the price down to €204, I asked them to round it down to €200 which they did :)

Delivery to Cork is €64.58 so in total it cost €264.58 which I was very happy with.

How it works is...
    1. You need to ring ACE who are the couriers on 018702822 / 018702836 and pay them for the collection/delivery first.
    2. You then ring the office for the Coal Warehouse (O Neill's Coal Warehouse) on 04887740911 (give it about 10 min I was told as they need to wait on an email from ACE to confirm shipping is paid) and give them your order.
    3. Wait for delivery ha

It is a bit of back and forth on the phone between the courier and the coal warehouse when you place the order originally, but it is worth it at that price. Apparently delivery takes 2-3 business days, so I will hopefully have it by the weekend so will let you all know how it goes.

Is this still the way to do it ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 germurf

Apparently they've stopped giving the 2 free bags for liking and sharing their fb page. But when I mentioned it to them and since it was my 1st order they gave me 20 euro off!
    Delivery to Dublin from Liam Connolly was £33.50 st today.

Advertisement