Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Seems like a good deal on coal....

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭frankz

jashar99 wrote: »
    Agree with recent posts, their ovoids are great having ordered a pallet of them last year. I ordered a ton of ovoids from kosyking today £280 and delivery to Ireland £19.95. Hope they work out as good as coal warehouse

Was there a reason you went with kosyking rather than coal warehouse?
    At today's rates looks a little more expensive, approx a €10 more paying in sterling (plus bank fee) or around €20 more using the euro price on their site

• Registered Users Posts: 5,114 ✭✭✭mikeecho

Hi mikeecho
    sterling prices as follows:

Black Diamond £175 per tonne

Polish, Doubles & Amber £150 per tonne

Slack £110

Singles £140

All smokeless coals £230 per tonne

gonna order my coal today.
    1pallet of black diamond
    1/2 pallet of black diamond, and 1/2 pallet of ovids.

gonna ask them to charge my card with sterling.

(first pallet is for me, the second pallet is for family)

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭Mandzhalas

Ordered myself ovoid from kosyking. 300 pounds delivered

• Registered Users Posts: 760 ✭✭✭Bif

RoboKlopp wrote: »
    Their ovoids are great if it's the same stuff they were selling last year

Can anyone tell me how these ovoid's compare with Phurnacite ovoid's which I have been using for the last 2 years and found very good? Thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭jashar99

frankz wrote: »
    Was there a reason you went with kosyking rather than coal warehouse?
    At today's rates looks a little more expensive, approx a €10 more paying in sterling (plus bank fee) or around €20 more using the euro price on their site

No specific reason, wanted to try their ovoids for comparison .£300 including delivery, given today's conversion rate is very good. I received pallet today, 50 X 20kg bags.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,764 ✭✭✭my3cents

No specific reason, wanted to try their ovoids for comparison .£300 including delivery, given today's conversion rate is very good. I received pallet today, 50 X 20kg bags.

Good price I paid a good bit more than that from coal warehouse a month or so back.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭funnyname

What size was the delivery truck, I'm in a tight enough spot at the end of a windy hilly boreen.

funnyname wrote: »
    What size was the delivery truck, I'm in a tight enough spot at the end of a windy hilly boreen.

As I said when I posted about the order I made, you don't know what size of vehicle the delivery will come on.

The delivery is made with the nation pallet delivery service so there is no control over what vehicle comes out to you. In most cases it will be a driver that knows the area. We had to pick up our coal with my trailer from a nearby layby as the driver couldn't get a long truck down our road.

funnyname wrote: »

It's an artic really, not easy to get in and out but thankfully got pallet intact to final spot, a windy hilly boreen would be funðŸ˜. Well wrapped up of it had to stay outside for a while, better than coal warehouse

• Advertisement

my3cents wrote: »
    Good price I paid a good bit more than that from coal warehouse a month or so back.

E354 total, I think that would be much the same as coal warehouse

E354 total, I think that would be much the same as coal warehouse

Got mine before the extra €20 discount so paid €360 in total.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,791 ✭✭✭taytobreath

340 per tonne of ovoids inc delivery....coal warehouse

350 per tonne of ovoids inc delivery....Kosy King

Agree with recent posts, their ovoids are great having ordered a pallet of them last year. I ordered a ton of ovoids from kosyking today £280 and delivery to Ireland £19.95. Hope they work out as good as coal warehouse

Hi Jashar, did u have a look at the coal yet, is it the same stuff as coal island, i would be interested to hear a comparison in terms of how well it burns etc etc

• Registered Users Posts: 38 dermot10

Hi.. thinking of ordering a pallet of black diamond. Has anyone used the black diamond coal?? Is it any good?? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭lenscap

I have ordered the ovids twice from Kosyking and found their coal excellent. I am burning them in a backboiler stove. They delivered on the day that I asked and the delivery driver of ridget lorry was very helpfull. Also I found the 20kg bags easier to move and store. I would highly recommend them but then that's just my opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

dermot10 wrote: »
    Hi.. thinking of ordering a pallet of black diamond. Has anyone used the black diamond coal?? Is it any good?? Thanks

I did last winter, got 15 x 40kg Black and 10 x 40kg Polish, not touching the Polish this year, gonna get all Black Diamond, far better stuff

vicwatson wrote: »
    I did last winter, got 15 x 40kg Black and 10 x 40kg Polish, not touching the Polish this year, gonna get all Black Diamond, far better stuff
    better how ?

i've yet to order

mikeecho wrote: »
    better how ?

i've yet to order

For a start the BD was bigger lumps, the Pol was very small coal and A LOT OF DUST in the bag, LOTS OF DUST, TOO MUCH DUST (did I mention there was a lot of dust in the bags of Polish coal?), the BD burned a lot better for longer, the POL gave a great heat but flame disappeared quicker

vicwatson wrote: »
    For a start the BD was bigger lumps, the Pol was very small coal and A LOT OF DUST in the bag, LOTS OF DUST, TOO MUCH DUST (did I mention there was a lot of dust in the bags of Polish coal?), the BD burned a lot better for longer, the POL gave a great heat but flame disappeared quicker

How was the BD the following morn, was there a lot of cinders left, or did it burn completely ?

• Advertisement

mikeecho wrote: »
    How was the BD the following morn, was there a lot of cinders left, or did it burn completely ?

Some cinders but I leave them in as a starter the next day, give them a rake

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭manofthefora

Question about delivery method:
    If I order a tonne of coal it will come in bags on a pallet.
    I want to understand how the pallet gets into my garden.
    Is it a mini forklift - motorised with rubber wheels that can travel over level grass? OR
    Is it one of those manual thingies with small metal wheels that require solid flat surface?
    I can see from the KosyKing website that they use the manual thingy.
    Has anyone had a delivery using a proper fortlift?
    MOTF

• Registered Users Posts: 621 ✭✭✭Bebo stunnah

The "manual thingy" is called a pallet truck. All of my orders came by this. My driveway is made of rough tarmac so they only went a couple of metres in before dropping the pallet. But It would depend on what truck you had deliver to you as some are equiped with forklifts etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

The "manual thingy" is called a pallet truck. All of my orders came by this. My driveway is made of rough tarmac so they only went a couple of metres in before dropping the pallet. But It would depend on what truck you had deliver to you as some are equiped with forklifts etc.

I was wondering if you ordered 2-3 pallets of coal could you request a forklift?

I have huge shed but it is across the garden with no pathway to it. I would take one big order to do for winter would they let you get fork lift while weather is good and they could drive over lawn?

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭2forjoy

Shefwedfan wrote: »
    I was wondering if you ordered 2-3 pallets of coal could you request a forklift?

I have huge shed but it is across the garden with no pathway to it. I would take one big order to do for winter would they let you get fork lift while weather is good and they could drive over lawn?

trucks in the south dont carry engine driven forklift .

you best to go for 20kg bags ,

Most logistics are based on delivery from supplier to forefront of your premises . they don't have to forklift it into your shed .

After a lot of looking around I found the following: http://www.hss.ie/g/70230/rough-terrain-pallet-truck.html

This might be an option for people. It puts up the overall cost of the coal but is option if looking to transport over rough terrain

Hope mods dont mind the HSS link, it was only place I could see that supplies them

After a lot of looking around I found the following: http://www.hss.ie/g/70230/rough-terrain-pallet-truck.html

This might be an option for people. It puts up the overall cost of the coal but is option if looking to transport over rough terrain

Hope mods dont mind the HSS link, it was only place I could see that supplies them

95 squids for the day:eek:, would u not be better off tryin to get a youngfella or someone that would do it for ya for a pint

• Registered Users Posts: 2,638 ✭✭✭Cape Clear

95 squids for the day:eek:, would u not be better off tryin to get a youngfella or someone that would do it for ya for a pint

Better still do it yourself and earn the brownie points and drink said pints.

Cape Clear wrote: »
    Better still do it yourself and earn the brownie points and drink said pints.

If your moving 3 pallet fulls you will need a lot of pints after it :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,638 ✭✭✭Cape Clear

If your moving 3 pallet fulls you will need a lot of pints after it :P

My thinking too.

Advertisement