Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Seems like a good deal on coal....

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,765 ✭✭✭ablelocks

95 squids for the day:eek:, would u not be better off tryin to get a youngfella or someone that would do it for ya for a pint
    Cape Clear wrote: »
    Better still do it yourself and earn the brownie points and drink said pints.
    Shefwedfan wrote: »
    If your moving 3 pallet fulls you will need a lot of pints after it :P

rent it for the weekend for only 117.81. Move one pallet on Friday, drink pints after. Move the next pallet on Saturday, drink more pints after. Move the third pallet on Sunday, finish the pints.

get someone else to return it to HSS on the Monday

• Registered Users Posts: 4,499 ✭✭✭An Ri rua

Question about delivery method:
    If I order a tonne of coal it will come in bags on a pallet.
    I want to understand how the pallet gets into my garden.
    Is it a mini forklift - motorised with rubber wheels that can travel over level grass? OR
    Is it one of those manual thingies with small metal wheels that require solid flat surface?
    I can see from the KosyKing website that they use the manual thingy.
    Has anyone had a delivery using a proper fortlift?
    MOTF

Worst comes to worst, just use a well-pumped wheelbarrow and some help. Or buy yourself a heavy duty trolley. Great thing to have around https://www.amazon.co.uk/Heavy-300kg-Trolley-Barrow-OT1001/dp/B004LYJ17Y

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,092 ✭✭✭✭beertons

Put on a decent amount of wings and ribs, and a few tinnies, and stick it up here when you want it moved. 70 would cover that, a lot less than hiring a pallet truck. Bit of craic too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,791 ✭✭✭taytobreath

I ordered a tonne of ovoids Tuesday afternoon and they arrived this morning, it makes some difference getting the 25kg bags instead of lifting those 40 kg bags.

I pay 22 euros a bag for ecobrite at my local coal merchant.
    So a tonne of local based ovoids are 550 per tonne inc delivery. A tonne of ovoids from coal island inc delivery 340 per tonne. That's still a saving of 210 euros per tonne.

Just in case anyone wants to know the lorry only had an electric pallet truck that would only go on smooth hard surfaces.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,728 ✭✭✭bigron2109

So it's about two days for delivery ? I presume they don't deliver on a Saturday ?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,764 ✭✭✭my3cents

bigron2109 wrote: »
    So it's about two days for delivery ? I presume they don't deliver on a Saturday ?
    Depends where you are and what time of day your order? You won't get Saturday delivery afaik but if you order in the morning there's a good chance your delivery will arrive the following day. I had my coal the following day down in Waterford and I ordered about 10am.

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭2forjoy

Same here bought the 25 kilo ovoids for 345 euro -

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

One of these might be handy for moving bags of coal: https://www.offerscheck.org/powerfix-2-in-1-flat-bed-trolleysack-truck/lidl/2016/kw-33/371915

Or just borrow a wheelbarrow.

Yeah going to order next Friday hopefully and I hope they come on the Monday .

Yeah going to order next Friday hopefully and I hope they come on the Monday .

you not going to be lighting a fire till mid september looking at long forecast

• Advertisement

2forjoy wrote: »
    you not going to be lighting a fire till mid september looking at long forecast

No harm in been ready for the winter . You can feel it getting colder at night time now .

No harm in been ready for the winter . You can feel it getting colder at night time now .

understood but nest day delivery is a bit much to ask from the north . it could take at least 2 working days

• Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭leanbh

This post has been deleted.

there is one on adverts for 90e

2forjoy wrote: »
    understood but nest day delivery is a bit much to ask from the north . it could take at least 2 working days

As I have said its was 24 hours for me ordered one morning arrived the following morning.

Delivery is with The Pallet Network and they promise next day delivery within the 32 counties http://www.tpn.ie/index.php?page=next-day-distribution .

my3cents wrote: »
    As I have said its was 24 hours for me ordered one morning arrived the following morning.

Delivery is with The Pallet Network and they promise next day delivery within the 32 counties http://www.tpn.ie/index.php?page=next-day-distribution .

that is the best service i ever heard of :)

• Registered Users Posts: 15,897 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

I ordered a tonne of ovoids Tuesday afternoon and they arrived this morning, it makes some difference getting the 25kg bags instead of lifting those 40 kg bags.

I pay 22 euros a bag for ecobrite at my local coal merchant.
    So a tonne of local based ovoids are 550 per tonne inc delivery. A tonne of ovoids from coal island inc delivery 340 per tonne. That's still a saving of 210 euros per tonne.

Just in case anyone wants to know the lorry only had an electric pallet truck that would only go on smooth hard surfaces.

I was paying €23 for Ecobrite until I found it in Galway for €18.50

How do the Ovoids compare in a stove?

Discodog wrote: »
    I was paying €23 for Ecobrite until I found it in Galway for €18.50

How do the Ovoids compare in a stove?

I think the ovoids are better, they have less ash and they burn longer. They are bigger in shape to the ecobrite.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,142 ✭✭✭pm.

I think the ovoids are better, they have less ash and they burn longer. They are bigger in shape to the ecobrite.

Yep and workout at 12.85 per 40kg bag delivered

pm. wrote: »
    Yep and workout at 12.85 per 40kg bag delivered

I pay 18.50 for Ecobrite but I have to collect it. I fancy the 20 kg bags but I am concerned about whether the truck can get down my road.

• Advertisement

I pay 18.50 for Ecobrite but I have to collect it. I fancy the 20 kg bags but I am concerned about whether the truck can get down my road.

They'll drop off up the road if they have too.

my3cents wrote: »
    They'll drop off up the road if they have too.

I had better have the barrow ready :pac:

25kg bags, i had a small lorry deliver mine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,466 ✭✭✭Lumi

Langans seem to deliver in and around the Galway city area. Last week they rang me the morning of the delivery to make sure they had access. If the worst comes to the worst the 25kg bags of ovoids are easy enough to shift.

On the quality, I haven't burnt Ecobrite myself but my dad has in his stove. I gave him a couple of bags of the ovoids last year to try & he thought they were far superior.

Can you be sure of a delivery day so that you can be home when they arrive ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,466 ✭✭✭Lumi

It's the next business day after you place your order - you can confirm this with Liam Connollys when they ring you back for your payment details. They're a fantastic company to deal with.

Its common sense really, order early well before lunch time and your coal is picked up and in the system so it reaches the local hub for the next days delivery. If you order late in the day you might not get you coal the following day.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Originally Posted by bigron2109 viewpost.gif
    *******Prices Slashed*******

******New Summer Prices Start Now******

All products reduced by €20 per tonne

Polish Coal €200 per tonne
    Black Diamond €230 per tonne
    Amber €200 per tonne
    Doubles €200 per tonne
    Ovoids €300 per tonne
    Clearflame €300 per tonne
    Countryblend €300 per tonne
    Slack €150 per tonne
    Singles €175 per tonne

To order please call 02887740911
    reaper180 wrote: »
    thats the old pricelist,since july theres another €20 off all those prices above again

Is this still the case? So 1 tonne of Black Diamond is now €210.00 ??

• Registered Users Posts: 2,142 ✭✭✭pm.

vicwatson wrote: »
    Is this still the case? So 1 tonne of Black Diamond is now €210.00 ??

Yeah but I think you are better off paying in gbp at your banks rate, I think they BD is 155 gbp approx 180 eur

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Yeah but I think you are better off paying in gbp at your banks rate, I think they BD is 155 gbp approx 180 eur
    mikeecho wrote: »
    Hi mikeecho
    sterling prices as follows:

Black Diamond £175 per tonne

Says STG 175 in post by Mike echo ?????

Advertisement