Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Seems like a good deal on coal....

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,802 ✭✭✭Hooked

Still waiting on my pallet. Ordered last Wednesday, told Friday delivery - Monday (yesterday) latest.

If it doesn't come today, then the folks I'm sharing with (and myself) will have to buy more to tide us over.

Not a happy camper. I only bought it on the promise of pre Xmas delivery.

Bah, humbug!

I said Id update after a few days use so here goes,

I've been burning the €8 bags since last week and I can see no difference between it and the Staffords Superior coal which I had been using.
    Heat is fantastic and it burns well with just a few cinders left in the mornings.
    Ash is about the same too, I had initially thought it was more but its definitely the same as before.
    My coal was slightly damp making it difficult to ignite and I did find a varied mix of small and very large pieces in the bags. Both minor things really.

Overall I am very very happy with it. So too is my father who "borrowed" a bag to try. He's taken some bags from me and wants to be included in the next order.

Great deal OP as I'm saving €9 a bag delivered!!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Hooked wrote: »
    Still waiting on my pallet. Ordered last Wednesday, told Friday delivery - Monday (yesterday) latest.

If it doesn't come today, then the folks I'm sharing with (and myself) will have to buy more to tide us over.

Not a happy camper. I only bought it on the promise of pre Xmas delivery.

Bah, humbug!

Call ace and ask for update.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,273 ✭✭✭racso1975

TheTorment wrote: »
    I said Id update after a few days use so here goes,

I've been burning the €8 bags since last week and I can see no difference between it and the Staffords Superior coal which I had been using.
    Heat is fantastic and it burns well with just a few cinders left in the mornings.
    Ash is about the same too, I had initially thought it was more but its definitely the same as before.
    My coal was slightly damp making it difficult to ignite and I did find a varied mix of small and very large pieces in the bags. Both minor things really.

Overall I am very very happy with it. So too is my father who "borrowed" a bag to try. He's taken some bags from me and wants to be included in the next order.

Great deal OP as I'm saving €9 a bag delivered!!

Are you using that just for the stove?

racso1975 wrote: »

Yes. A few sticks at first to get it going then I lash on the coal.

• Advertisement

racso1975 wrote: »

Im not but same review as The Torment

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭reaper180

ok people who have ordered coal from the coal warehouse,was it by card and how safe is it ordering by card across the phone?very tempted to put an order in!

I paid with card.

You've to ring the courier company first and pay them, then they forward your order to Coal warehouse who ring you and you pay them. Sounds difficult but its not.

Hadn't thought of safety till you mentioned it!!!

• Site Banned Posts: 180 ✭✭kellymick39

Is this coal genuinely suitable for burning in a stove?How are people fiding it burning in their stoves so far?Ive been using some of the Agrina Ecobrite nuggets,but half thinking about buying in one of these pallets now.

I'm burning mine in a Charnwood boiler stove and its firing out the heat!!

No problems since last week anyway!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16 potato girl

Hi im in cork and that sounds like good price for coal cheapest coal in cork is 14.50 collected and 16.50 delivered

• Site Banned Posts: 180 ✭✭kellymick39

I'm burning mine in a Charnwood boiler stove and its firing out the heat!!

No problems since last week anyway!

Sounds good,any issues with blackened stove glass or the coal spitting alot?
    Ive 4 bags of the Agrina Ecobtite nuggets still left,but might take the plunge on this after Xmas.

Sounds good,any issues with blackened stove glass or the coal spitting alot?
    Ive 4 bags of the Agrina Ecobtite nuggets still left,but might take the plunge on this after Xmas.

No issues with blackened glass, bar the normal if a coal falls against it. Herself hasn't cleaned the glass since we used it....so thanks for reminding to tell her to get the finger out!!

No issues with spitting either.

Its good stuff!

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭creambun

No problem with glass, wiped the glass with wd40 for some reason i am cleaning it a lot less, coal is perfect very happy. My father is using it in the open fire he is trilled with it the heat in the room is very noticable. Only problem is all of the family are ringing me looking for the coal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 185 ✭✭chimmy chonga

I paid with card.

You've to ring the courier company first and pay them,
    What is the couriers name and address? I know it's 'Ace' but is that Aceexpress or Ace couriers or what? I'd like to check them out before giving them my credit card details over the phone. Thanks ☺

What is the couriers name and address? I know it's 'Ace' but is that Aceexpress or Ace couriers or what? I'd like to check them out before giving them my credit card details over the phone. Thanks ☺

No idea!!!
    Perhaps someone else can help.

What is the couriers name and address? I know it's 'Ace' but is that Aceexpress or Ace couriers or what? I'd like to check them out before giving them my credit card details over the pho

think it's acetransopne. Thanks ☺

They are a big co no probs giving them cc details

http://www.aceexpressgroup.com/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 185 ✭✭chimmy chonga

vicwatson wrote: »
    They are a big co no probs giving them cc details

http://www.aceexpressgroup.com/
    Thanks much appreciated ☺

HOW TO ORDER YOUR COAL!

STEP ONE-
    -TO BOOK YOUR DELIVERY WE HIGHLY RECCOMMEND ACE FOR A FAST AND EFFICIENT DELIVERY SERVICE. CALL 018702836 OR 018702822

-GIVE YOUR ADDRRESS AND CONTACT DETAILS

STEP TWO-
    WE CALL YOU BACK TO CONFIRM YOUR ORDER ON WHAT TYPE OF COAL YOU WOULD LIKE 
    PLEASE NOTE DELIVERY IS INDEPENDANT

• Registered Users Posts: 2,142 ✭✭✭pm.

No issues with blackened glass, bar the normal if a coal falls against it. Herself hasn't cleaned the glass since we used it....so thanks for reminding to tell her to get the finger out!!

No issues with spitting either.

Its good stuff!

On that note I will order a pallet

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,142 ✭✭✭pm.

Tried calling ace today, no answer maybe not back until the 5th anyone else try ?

Certainly no deliveries till next Mon onwards. Id think to call them again tomorrow as most mid Christmas hols kick back in tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,802 ✭✭✭Hooked

I ordered my coal from Ace on Wednesday 17 dec. I asked if I ordered that morning, would I have it soon as most on here said next day. They said Friday 19 dec delivery. Worse case scenario Monday 22.

So, I ordered wed morning, dec 17, and paid for my delivery. Ace give your order to coal yard, who call to confirm coal type etc. They called about an hour later. Paid them separately.

Friday came and went. At lunchtime I rang ace, just to confirm if it would be coming that day. Told them Monday wouldn't be an issue, but I just wanted to know - as I had to no doubt meet the courier and shift a pallet of coal out of my drive.

The lad I spoke to (who I won't name) told me he couldn't get an answer from my local depot (this is Friday 19th) and he'd call me back.

He didn't.

I rang again Monday morning, asked for same guy, same story, he'd get back to me.

He didn't.

I rang Monday lunchtime (third call by me) was told truck had broke down and they couldn't transfer a pallet of coal to another truck. Likely 'story', see below!

At this point I was getting fed up of being given the runaround. Told them if I didn't have it Tuesday 23rd there was no point. I was sharing the pallet with a few others.

Coal arrived Tursday 23rd. Order showed that it was placed... Monday 22nd. Not Wednesday 17th (when I rang) and not Friday 19th (when I followed up)???

Ace delivery? It was not...

Oh and the best part? The sub contracted courier couldn't move the pallet with his manual pallet truck.

I had to climb up on the already raised tail lift - and push the pallet myself, while the courter steered it on to a very suspect tail lift! That was his fiver tip not moving from my pocket.

Let's just say I was very lucky the pallet didn't end up rolling off the tail lift and we weren't both found the following day on YouTube or Facebook. Video name: 'Santa sends man driveway full of coal for not being good'.

All in all - great price on coal. Very unfortunate dealings with Ace couriers.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭sgarvan

Just finished burning (in an open fire) my first bag of the polish premium call (yellow bag) and have some amount of cinders left each morning.

Anyone else noticed this and if so got any tips to avoid it or prevent it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,427 ✭✭✭Big Lar

sgarvan wrote: »

Yes, Clean out the fire :D

Ah there is a lot of ash alright but its still good coal and value for money IMO

sgarvan wrote: »
    Just finished burning (in an open fire) my first bag of the polish premium call (yellow bag) and have some amount of cinders left each morning.

I've been burning it with logs and not that much cinder. Was told NOT to burn it with briquettes as they starve the coal of Oxygen and it doesn't burn as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭sgarvan

I've been burning it with logs and not that much cinder. Was told NOT to burn it with briquettes as they starve the coal of Oxygen and it doesn't burn as well.

Not burning it with anything other than sticks to get it going.

No access to logs so will carry on.

As has been said for the price it is well worth it though

• Registered Users Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭funnyname

What's the no for the coal merchant in the north?
    HOW TO ORDER YOUR COAL!

STEP ONE-
    -TO BOOK YOUR DELIVERY WE HIGHLY RECCOMMEND ACE FOR A FAST AND EFFICIENT DELIVERY SERVICE. CALL 018702836 OR 018702822

-GIVE YOUR ADDRRESS AND CONTACT DETAILS

STEP TWO-
    WE CALL YOU BACK TO CONFIRM YOUR ORDER ON WHAT TYPE OF COAL YOU WOULD LIKE 
    PLEASE NOTE DELIVERY IS INDEPENDANT

• Registered Users Posts: 2,050 ✭✭✭wait4me

funnyname wrote: »
    What's the no for the coal merchant in the north?
    Check out post #30 above - all the details are there

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭Bawnmore

Another happy customer here - just finished 1st bag, and it's easily as good as coal we were paying twice the amount for locally. A bit more ash alright, but nothing that'd bother me.

Advertisement