Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Seems like a good deal on coal....

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 422 ✭✭qhe0i9zvfgdou8

I Got one ton of Ovoids delivered for 330.00 The large Ovoid, from easy glow. Works out at 6.60 a bag.

Have they gone up can't see them on the site at that price

• Registered Users Posts: 36,054 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Have they gone up can't see them on the site at that price

That was Euro price with conversion rate through robbing Paypal .

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭robk24

jaffa20 wrote: »
    I got 80kgs of CPL supertherm today for 35euro. My local building providers (Topline) have 2 40kg bags on offer for 35 euro. Wish they would stock the 20kg bags. The 40kgs are a pain to shift.

Which topline?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,728 ✭✭✭bigron2109

Anyone ever use “Superheat coal” in a stove . Just wondering as there is a place in Wexford town that is selling , five 20 Kg bags for €35. Wondering is it any good or if anyone has had experience with it ?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,532 ✭✭✭jaffa20

robk24 wrote: »
    Which topline?

Arklow. There might not have been many bags but i hope so when i go back for more.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,638 ✭✭✭Cape Clear

bigron2109 wrote: »
    Anyone ever use “Superheat coal” in a stove . Just wondering as there is a place in Wexford town that is selling , five 20 Kg bags for €35. Wondering is it any good or if anyone has had experience with it ?

is this the stuff? Haven't come across it myself.

https://odonnells.ie/component/hikashop/product/27-10-bag-superheat-%E2%82%AC14-50-per-40kg-bag-budget-coal

• Registered Users Posts: 1,158 ✭✭✭loki7777

That was Euro price with conversion rate through robbing Paypal .
    Price went up?
    http://www.kosyking.com/index.php?route=product/search&search=ovoids - premium or maxi brite is was?
    Or is there free delivery if you will order full ton?

Ok, now I noticed that it was easyglow.ie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

I was looking for the most expensive bag. Just for reference
    I Got one ton of Ovoids delivered for 330.00
    The large Ovoid, from easy glow. Works out at 6.60 a bag.

How are they burning?

• Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭deisedav

Lads I'm afraid to light the fire in case of downdrafts with this storm. Anyone else in the same boat

• Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭deisedav

Lads I'm afraid to light the fire in case of downdrafts with this storm. Anyone else in the same boat

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭Tinder Surprise

Tell ya one thing ..it's great having a load of the 20kg bags around to weigh down items in the backyard from blowing around:)

Tell ya one thing ..it's great having a load of the 20kg bags around to weigh down items in the backyard from blowing around:)

I ended up buying 6 bags of play sand this morning......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 422 ✭✭qhe0i9zvfgdou8

Shefwedfan wrote:

Why didn't I think of that :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 590 ✭✭✭Monkeynut

Shefwedfan wrote: »

good luck burning that

Monkeynut wrote: »
    good luck burning that

Couple of gallons of petrol and I will have a nice new sheet of glass:P

For the lads who ordered with Easyglo, how long did it take from when you ordered your Ton of coal till you received it?

Thinking of ordering it tomorrow as I am off next Tuesday and Wednesday so could move it then if delivered .

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭lenscap

bigron2109 wrote: »
    For the lads who ordered with Easyglo, how long did it take from when you ordered your Ton of coal till you received it?

Thinking of ordering it tomorrow as I am off next Tuesday and Wednesday so could move it then if delivered .

I ordered online on a Thursday night and it was delivered on Monday.

They rang me on the Saturday to say that they would have split the ton onto two pallets as the truck that was delivering had a short tail lift (for safety).

The driver rang me at 8:55 Monday morning to check directions and he was outside my door at 9:20.

Just bear in mind that the delivery is a kerbside delivery, it not a delivery into your coal shed or bunker. Having said that the driver was very obliging when he dropped my two pallets.

• Registered Users Posts: 765 ✭✭✭Foggy Jew

deisedav wrote: »

We had a chimney fire on Monday night when Ophelia was at her height. I never knew about downdrafts :cool: I felt absolutely terrible calling out the fire brigade, but there were sparks, flames and billowing smoke coming from my chimney, so I had no choice. Fair play to them, they were there within a short time and got me sorted.

It's the bally ballyness of it that makes it all seem so bally bally.

Foggy Jew wrote: »
    We had a chimney fire on Monday night when Ophelia was at her height. I never knew about downdrafts :cool: I felt absolutely terrible calling out the fire brigade, but there were sparks, flames and billowing smoke coming from my chimney, so I had no choice. Fair play to them, they were there within a short time and got me sorted.

There just as fast sending out the bill I believe.

lenscap wrote: »
    I ordered online on a Thursday night and it was delivered on Monday.

They rang me on the Saturday to say that they would have split the ton onto two pallets as the truck that was delivering had a short tail lift (for safety).

The driver rang me at 8:55 Monday morning to check directions and he was outside my door at 9:20.

Just bear in mind that the delivery is a kerbside delivery, it not a delivery into your coal shed or bunker. Having said that the driver was very obliging when he dropped my two pallets.

Thank you for that . That’s grand as I just expect him to put it in the drive and then I get a trolly and bring it out the back into the shed .

Thanks again for the reply.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 870 ✭✭✭Kuva

What's the name of that oil industry by product put in some coals that burns to hot for stoves?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,764 ✭✭✭my3cents

Kuva wrote: »
    What's the name of that oil industry by product put in some coals that burns to hot for stoves?

Pet coke, but it doesn't rule a fuel out for stoves as it is often used balanced with other fuels. The real killer can be some of the country blend mixes with big lumps of pet coke in the mix.

Edit> sorry that should be petcoke https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Petroleum_coke .

• Registered Users Posts: 36,054 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Shefwedfan wrote: »
    How are they burning?

No complaints. I use on open fire, I've never used a whole bucket on fire. I only use a few pieces and throw on a big log. Burns that log out no hassle.
    I must try fill fire with just the coal to see the heat. They burn out well, only a few cinders left from the coal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 870 ✭✭✭Kuva

my3cents wrote: »
    Pet coke, but it doesn't rule a fuel out for stoves as it is often used balanced with other fuels. The real killer can be some of the country blend mixes with big lumps of pet coke in the mix.

Edit> sorry that should be petcoke https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Petroleum_coke .

Ah thats it, thanks very much.

• Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭meathman0

Anyone know the name of the company in the south that do the deliveries, ordered 8 days ago and and no call yet regarding delivery, it was picked up and hander over.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,764 ✭✭✭my3cents

meathman0 wrote: »
    Anyone know the name of the company in the south that do the deliveries, ordered 8 days ago and and no call yet regarding delivery, it was picked up and hander over.

Its not one company but its all organised through The Pallet Network tpn.ie/ .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,551 ✭✭✭mayota

meathman0 wrote: »

Who did you order from?

• Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭meathman0

mayota wrote: »
    Who did you order from?

Ordered from coal warehouse, found the courier, it's Breffni, will call them on Monday.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,726 ✭✭✭Phil.x

Anybody order from here, the do half tons which sounds good if short on space.
    http://www.kosyking.com

Advertisement