Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Seems like a good deal on coal....

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,348 ✭✭✭naughto

Coalwhere house is still cheaper is it not

• Registered Users Posts: 2,142 ✭✭✭pm.

Taking the good out of it.... CW AFAIK are still the same price

• Registered Users Posts: 1,140 ✭✭✭reubenreuben

Ordered with coal warehouse

ovoids £240 stg/ton,£60 delivery = £300 or 338 euros, equivalent to 13.5 euros per 40kg bag.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Cape Clear wrote: »
    Easyglow prices gone up by £50 for ton of smokeless.

Going by price per 40kg:
    Works out at €387.50 for a tonne of ovoids locally. (Wexford)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭fabsoul

mph_96 wrote: »
    Hi All,

I've used the Black Diamond from Coal Warehouse. Its dirty enough and has a lot of very small pieces that cause bother for the grate in my stove in terms of distortion.

Has anyone bought coal from Kosy King?? I'm looking for a better grade of coal than Black Diamond from Coal Warehouse.

Thanks

I got Black Diamond from Coal Warehouse and its far from good coal
    I wouldn't buy it again. So i have 90 x 20kg Black Diamond,
    I had BnM Black Diamond before and it was very good.
    I'm using Columbian coal that i got here and its 1000 times better coal
    just one fill a day,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭DubInTheWest

fabsoul wrote: »
    I got Black Diamond from Coal Warehouse and its far from good coal
    I wouldn't buy it again. So i have 90 x 20kg Black Diamond,
    I had BnM Black Diamond before and it was very good.
    I'm using Columbian coal that i got here and its 1000 times better coal
    just one fill a day,

I agree about the black diamond from CW, complete sh!te. Lucky enough I only got 10 x 20kg to test out. It forms a horrible crust and gives out little heat. I did find if you put a block of timber on top of the 'crust' it will blaze up and give out pretty good heat, but just too much hassle.
    Some good reviews about it on here though, that's what had me puzzled. I'm wondering if the pieces are bigger in the 40kg bags and might burn better ? However, I 100% won't be buying it from the CW again. The ovoids are pretty good though I have to say!

Where did you get the columbian, CW or KK ?

I agree about the black diamond from CW, complete sh!te. Lucky enough I only got 10 x 20kg to test out. It forms a horrible crust and gives out little heat. I did find if you put a block of timber on top of the 'crust' it will blaze up and give out pretty good heat, but just too much hassle.
    Some good reviews about it on here though, that's what had me puzzled. I'm wondering if the pieces are bigger in the 40kg bags and might burn better ? However, I 100% won't be buying it from the CW again. The ovoids are pretty good though I have to say!

Where did you get the columbian, CW or KK ?

I got it from Black Hawk Fuels Limited
    Hawk Hill,
    Gort,
    Co. Galway

fabsoul wrote: »
    I got it from Black Hawk Fuels Limited
    Hawk Hill,
    Gort,
    Co. Galway

Thanks for the information. I'm actually not too far from the Gort area, can I ask you whats the price of the coal from them and do they deliver ? I do have lots of coal here at the minute but I'd feel better if I topped it up before Xmas.

Can't find their price list online.

Have to chime in here too with the Black Diamond coal. Its rubbish. I got a split pallet of ovoids and BD. Id usually get ovoids and Polish but said id try BD this time.
    As far as i can see its the EXACT same as the polish. I had a bag of polish left and put it into the bunker with BD. Its the same tiny bitty bits and full of dust as the polish. I reckon the only differences is the bag and price. Wont be buying BD again.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,083 ✭✭✭chasm

Coal Warehouse have said that Polish and Black Diamond will go up by €15 a tonne from December 4th, due to supplier issues. I have always bought the Polish Coal but this last lot isnt great. Doesn't seem to heat the radiators as well as before and it just seems to burn into one big lump that I have to break up with the poker.

• Advertisement

Thanks for the information. I'm actually not too far from the Gort area, can I ask you whats the price of the coal from them and do they deliver ? I do have lots of coal here at the minute but I'd feel better if I topped it up before Xmas.

Can't find their price list online.

It's best to ring them for a price.
    Yes he will deliver

0877711350, 0877797494

• Registered Users Posts: 8,032 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

TheTorment wrote: »
    Have to chime in here too with the Black Diamond coal. Its rubbish. I got a split pallet of ovoids and BD. Id usually get ovoids and Polish but said id try BD this time.
    As far as i can see its the EXACT same as the polish. I had a bag of polish left and put it into the bunker with BD. Its the same tiny bitty bits and full of dust as the polish. I reckon the only differences is the bag and price. Wont be buying BD again.

Funnily enough when I was reading the latest posts in this thread today I was thinking are these guys referring to the Polish coal by mistake.

I got a ton of it last year and still have over half left, pure rubbish.

Going to stick with the ovoids from now on.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭Bawnmore

Might look at the ovoids next time as well. Have gotten Polish before and it's been fine, but seeing same as everyone above this year - all just burning into a lump together and not great heat from it.

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭driver02

What are the ovoids like anyone here have them tried?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,239 ✭✭✭physioman

driver02 wrote: »
    What are the ovoids like anyone here have them tried?

I still have the cw avoids from last year. Great heat and burn well.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 IrishHusk

15 pounds off kosyking on Friday with code BLACKFRI

• Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭243Xpress

Got black diamond off coal warehouse last year and it was great.Got it this year and rubbish,no heat and forms a crust.Useless and would definitely not get it again.😕

Ovoids are the one to buy. Forget about the coal

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

A lot of dust in those Black Diamond bags

vicwatson wrote: »
    A lot of dust in those Black Diamond bags

Im convinced its regular Polish stuff just in a Black Diamond bag. I can see absolutely NO difference between the two.

I had both open side by side and they were identical little bits, dusty and they burn the same way.

I wont be buying them again anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 410 ✭✭DaraDali

TheTorment wrote: »
    Im convinced its regular Polish stuff just in a Black Diamond bag. I can see absolutely NO difference between the two.

I had both open side by side and they were identical little bits, dusty and they burn the same way.

I wont be buying them again anyway.

Same as for myself and the gf, two seperate twos one the polish/ one the black diamond and its not great, wont be getting it again

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭insullation

Same experience here. Won't be buying coal up north again. Northern boys pulling a fast one... Back to Staffords for me. No issue with ovoids.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Well I put on a building brick sized piece of coal from a bag of Black Diamond this evening to realise an hour later that it actually is a brick or at least a stone the size of a brick.

Steak on the stone in the morning:rolleyes:

I see coal warehouse put up coal only prices. Have they changed suppliers?

Amazing isn't it, they should be lowering the price of that muck they are selling but instead an increase of €15 on each of the Polish and the Black Diamond per ton. I was so p!ssed off over getting that Black Diamond crap that I don't think I'll buy from them again. They might have made a pretty buck on their current gear but it will fall back on them in the end when people stop ordering from them. That Black Diamond is the worse coal I've ever seen or used in all my life. If I was given it for nothing I'd have to think hard about it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 597 ✭✭✭clfy39tzve8njq

Has anyone complained to them about the quality of the coal and if so what was their response.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,144 ✭✭✭screamer

Get onto their Facebook account and tell them how bad the coal is. Seriously save some other poor unfortunates buying a tonne of bad coal.

I dont do Facebook but would be interested if anyone had an email address.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,032 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

Has anyone complained to them about the quality of the coal and if so what was their response.

I was on to them this morning to order a ton of ovoids, I mentioned I got the polish coal in red bags last year and told them it was rubbish and I still had some left in the shed.

The lady asked me to wait for a minute and then told me because I was a previous customer they would give me £20 off the ovoids.

So a tonne of ovoids for £260 and 2 free bags of slack.

That's good customer service considering I only got half a ton of polish/half a ton of ovoids last year.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,638 ✭✭✭Cape Clear

I was on to them this morning to order a ton of ovoids, I mentioned I got the polish coal in red bags last year and told them it was rubbish and I still had some left in the shed.

The lady asked me to wait for a minute and then told me because I was a previous customer they would give me £20 off the ovoids.

So a tonne of ovoids for £260 and 2 free bags of slack.

That's good customer service considering I only got half a ton of polish/half a ton of ovoids last year.

I order a ton of Ovoids on Monday and paid £240 stg was also a previous customer. I have seen some complaints on their FB page over the Black Diamond. The promised to look into it for one lady in particular. IIRC

Advertisement